Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #106  
ericsmommy

Hi All

BOB I have everything crossed for you and pray the job becomes yours, Roselie your dinner sounded delecious, might have to get you to post it for me.
Solly must make you feel great returning something that is too big, which is alot better than too small.

Monet, Enjoy your time without a car and relax for a day, your body might enjoy it.

Melf Sorry to hear about your blisters, but l bet your body enjoyed the workout.

Everyone else have a great weekend and remember to drink ltos of water.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #107  

Just a fly by. I am dragging tonight. I should have gone for a walk or something....

I am going to go crawl in bed and read the manual for my camera until I fall asleep. Good night, and sweet dreams!

Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #108  
ericsmommy

Good Morning all

I am going out this morning with my only girlfriend here in Calgary, we are gonna hit the used kids stores (she is looking for costumes) I want to see if l can find one of those bike trailers to hook to my bike so I can go bike riding with Eric, I have the seat on my bike but he is getting too big for it and is no where ready to learn to ride a bike so this way I can enjoy my favorite pass time bike riding with him.

Then we are going out for lunch, I am so excited haven't been out for lunch since we moved here. Then when I get home DH and I are gonna move his computer out of the spare bedroom to get it ready for Eric's theraphy room. I am so excited that he is finally gonna get the help he needs. And to top off this great day I lost another 1lb so everything is great.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #109  

Good Morning

I went for a walk this morning, partly outside and partly inside the mall. I walked for about 40 minutes which is my average. I am planning on going to play a few games of badminton this afternoon. I haven't played much this last week or so as I have been busy with other things. I just finished cooking some rhubarb which came from a friends garden. I added some agave for sweetener. Will have some later with ice cream. I like it a little warm mixed with the ice cream. Yum Yum.

EricsMommy - It's nice that you have found a friend that you can go out with. Hope you enjoy your day and can find the trailer you want for your bike. I'm happy for you that Eric is going to have some therapy and hope things turn out well for him. . Another pound gone - you are doing great.

I'm off to the store to look for a flower box for my balcony.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #110  

Happy Saturday! I just got in from an appreciation brunch for the women's ministry at church. I taught a candy making seminar for them at Christmas, so I was invited even though I don't do much with the women's ministry. It was a small group, but nice. I stuck to the higher protein items on the buffet they had, and avoided the white flour and high sugar stuff. I am sure I was not perfect, but hopefully the sausage in the sausage balls helped offset the white flour!

Off to get something done.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #111  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Just a quick hello....I just finished picking the last of this year's green beans. I have to do something with them. I'm seriously thinking of planting them again and see what happens. I hope each of you is having a fantastic weekend so far.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #112  
sef

Just a quick hello.

GD's graduation was nice. Afterwards they brought me home and went out partying. It was okay DS does not drink, so there was a safe driver.

Things are going pretty good. There was a tense time when I told her I am keeping the side by side. She told DS I took it away from her. DS said it was mie to do with as I wished, that I had a special attachnment to it. After I repeated the same story when he wasn't around she didn't say anything to me. So, so far so good. She packed quite a few things today and made arrangements to get a trailer on Monday.

I think she is trying this time around, So are we.

She's on her way in her so will sign off.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 05-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #113  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Since I don't have any Sisters, I consider y'all mine so this is fo you:

Sisters

A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day,

drinking iced tea and visiting with her Mother. As

they talked about life, about marriage, about the

responsibilities of life and the obligations of

adulthood, the mother clinked the ice cubes in her

glass thoughtfully and turned a clear, sober glance

upon her daughter.

"Don't forget your Sisters," she advised, swirling

the tea leaves to the bottom of her glass. "They'll

be more important as you get older. No matter how

much you love your husband, no matter how much you

love the children you may have, you are still going

to need Sisters. Remember to go places with them now

and then; do things with them."

"Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women...

your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other

women relatives too. "You'll need other women. Women

always do."

What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman

thought. Haven't I just gotten married?

Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a

married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup! Surely

my husband and the family we may start will be all I

need to make my life worthwhile!'

But she listened to her Mother. She kept contact

with her Sisters and made more women friends each

year. As the years tumbled by, one after another,

she gradually came to understand that her Mom really

knew what she was talking about. As time and nature

work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman,

Sisters are the mainstays of her life.

After more than 50 years of living in this world,

here is what I've learned:

THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time passes.

Life happen s.

Distance separates.

Children grow up.

Jobs come and go.

Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.

Hearts break.

Parents die.

Colleagues forget favors.

Careers end.

BUT.........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how

many miles are

between you. A girl friend is never farther away

than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you

have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life

will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,

praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on

your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the

valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk

beside you...Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters,

daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers,

Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended

family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and

neither would I. When we began this adventure called

womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or

sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we

would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still. Pass this on

to all the women who help make your life meaningful.

I just did. Short and very sweet:

There are more than twenty angels in this world.

Ten are peacefully sleeping on clouds. Nine are

playing. And all of YOU are reading this NOW!!

BOB
Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #114  

Morning! I forgot to weigh this morning...I will do that either later, or tomorrow morning. I am keeping an eye on Kaeleb since Justin has a headache. I think his headache may be due to how awake and bouncy Kaeleb is!

I missed water aerobics this morning. I took James to catch the train to the airport, and just have been dragging this morning.

I hope everyone is doing well. Its a brand new week...and opportunity to start fresh!

So, what is on your agenda for the week? How are you going to plan to succeed this week?

Old 05-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #115  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking Good Morning!!

Good Morning Everyone!! Thanks so much for the hearty welcome back!!

This weekend was a lazy one for me, and I ate a little more than I should have, but we were hanging out with some friend and decided to go out to dinner... ugh! Anyway. Today's goal is to stay OP. After work I'm going to Curves, then to do another practice 5K with my boys. I'm sure nobody will have to rock me to sleep tonite!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!! It's so nice to see all the familiar faces and to see a few new ones too!!

MONET - I hear you on the sugar issue!! I've managed to do pretty well with my diabetes control, my A1C level was only 6.1 last time I went!!
Hang in there and keep up the good work!!

BOB - dang girl I missed you!!! Hope all went well with the interview.

I'm at work, so everyone else... I'll try and post more later!!

Have a GREAT MONDAY everyone!!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

We had a fabulous time at the lake. It was so nice catching up with old friends. The weather was beautiful and their camp was just as beautiful. I did have one mishap though. Yesterday I was frying bacon for breakfast and I had poured some grease off into a coffee cup. Went on frying the next batch and reached dow to get what I thought was my coffee and took a big drink, but it was hot bacon grease. I spit it out into my hand and ran to the sink. Needless to say, my whole mouth is blistered. My tongue, lips, roof and sides of my mouth. I look like a freak. My lips are huge. I sucked on ice all day and still doing it. I guess it will just take time. It is hard to eat anything, so that could be a good thing.

Rosalie, you chicken sounded wonderful. I keep the heals of my ww bread and freeze them and them I toast them and blend them up to use as a coating.

Mo, congrats on the 1 lb loss. I bet you are excited about fixing up the room for Eric's therapy. I'm so glad he is able to get it.

Crystle, guess you have green beans coming out your ears. My herbs are growing so tall. I haven't cooked anything to use them in yet.

Sef, glad you visit with your DD is going well.

Bob, that is a lovely story. How are you doing?

Monet, how did James like Louisville? Was he here long? You need to posts some pics of Kaeleb, I bet he is changing.

Beth, sounds like on busy day. Way to get that exercise in.

Guess I had better go get some ice and get some work done. Have a great day.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #117  

Well, since SOLLY asked...here is a picture I took two days ago of Kaeleb right after I fed him dinner, so that is why he is kind of unkempt looking. I took this with my 'new' camera that James gave me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kaeleb5-19dinnerless.jpg (20.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #118  

I'm going to plan to succeed by making it through the last week of school!!!

No seriously I am planning to try to work some in my basement this week and get out and walk or work in the yard more. I have to go shopping to stock our cupboards sometime this week, especially since the kids and I will be home to eat luch daily instead of having school lunches (which will be a good thing!)
Rachel is going with her best friend to Callaway Gardens for the week next week and there will be lots of trails to walk and swimming to do! Sean and I are trying to find fun things for us to do. We will probably head to the lake or the "mill" to swim and play on the rocks. Then we are going to the lake to camp the weekend of June 8th. I love being outside in the summer!!

Have a great day!!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #119  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I GOT A JOB!!!!!

Doing insurance for an Ortho group here in town. I start next Monday and they are starting me out $.97 less than what it took me 17yrs to make at the hospital! I think I have to agree with Kate that this was all meant to be for me to be someplace better with more opportunity!

It will be good to have insurance again, and to be making regular money! So when I get paid the first time, I'll be able to sock away my retirement money from SMH and let that sit there and draw money.

My Brother and SIL are coming Friday and I've chosen not to tell him until then...it will be a good surprise for him and I can't wait to spring it on him!

I'm off for now, I just wanted to share this good news with all of you. You've been so supportive and I really appreciate it!

BOB
Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #120  

BOB-Next Monday is Memorial Day!?!
Closed Thread