Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

tgif,

i WAS OUT OF THE OFFICE UNTIL 3:00 YESTERDAY, THEN i HAD 6 MESSAGES AND ABOUT 15 EMAILS TO RESPOND TO, (SORRY, didn't realize caps was on). So today I am behind and burried. My mouth is getting better. Bottom lip is still blistery and the inside is tender.

I don't know ifI told you all, we are invited to go to the Indy 500 with our friends. They have a suite with all food and drink free. So that is nice. I'm not into race cars, but DH would like to go once and since all is free, this is the best way. They have a suite a some posh hotel so we are going to crash on a rollaway bed. There are no hotel available anywhere. Sure hope we don't have to pay. We will offer, but keeping my fingers crossed. We are going up tomorrow and coming home on Monday. I know he has plans to go to a fancy restaurant Sat night. So I thought we should join them. Ouch!Should be a good time all in all.

Sef, I buy my cards at the dollar store. They are only .50 and you can find some nice ones. You can treat your friend another time.

Monet, Hope all is well with you. You better start watching your food closely so nothing happens to you. Glad your visist with DD went well.

Country, enjoy your long weekend.

Better get back to work. I think I will go get a baked potato for lunch. Something soft. Have a wonderful long weekend.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #152  

Default Good Memorial Monday morning!

Good morning to all my buster buddies!

The forum has moved to a new server, so I hope you all are finding it ok! My DSN moved it almost immediately, but I know at times there are issues with providers like AOL.

Tom is going to help a young man from church with some plumbing installation in a area he is building out in his house today. I will probably head down to the garagio and throw. Most likely, I will have Kaeleb this afternoon, so I best do that this morning. I slept late- which was nice- so I am getting a late start here!

I am starting a six week experiment that I am participating in with a few friends. It means I have to be very careful about what I eat for three weeks, and repeat my menu exactly the second three weeks. I hope I can do it without any problems.

It is a beautiful sunny day here, though yesterday the smoke was really bad from the south Georgia forest fires. I will spend time in the pool for sure today, and if I get the chance I may head to the gym for some weights. I should have gone to water aerobics class this morning, but woke up at 9 when it starts...so by the time I got dressed and up there, the class would have been just about over!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #153  

Happy Memorial Day guys!!! I woke up at a decent time this morning and have accomplished a lot so far. Sean, Buddy (dog) and I went for a one mile walk early before it got hot and I've washed clothes and done some cooking and dishes. Rachel is leaving this afternoon to go off with her best freind for the week and we are going to MIL for a cookout. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #154  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Talking I Did It!!!!!!!

WooHooooooo!!

I did the Cotton Row Run 5K with my dad and my sons today!! Okay so I didn't break any land speed records, but I broke a BETH speed record!! I finished in 42:30.... not too shabby for a chick who couldn't jog a mile just 6 months ago!! My 15 year old ran it in 30 minutes, and my 10 year old finished at 35 minutes. My dad ran the 10K first in 57 minutes, then ran the 5K and just stayed beside me, keeping me motivated! "...just to that traffic light, then we'll walk..... no not this light, I meant that next light..." Gotta Love Dad!!
Anyway... I'm really proud of myself and I'm signing up for the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run which benefits Breast Cancer in October... so the training will CONTINUE!!

I'm off for a little rest and relaxation outside with a book while the kids swim.. I just had to tell you guys that I did it!! I finished it, vertically even!

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun Memorial Day!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #155  
sef

Don't get a summer cold..............I know it's not officially summer but close enough in our neck of the woods. If I didn't have something healthwise going on with me, I would have nothing going on! I started with sore throat, then chased my nose for two days. I am finally feeling better, not well but better. Yesterday I went in the pool, I didn't have the energy the days before.

BETH: Before I forget, HOORAY!! for you. You have every reason to be proud. Sounds like you have a great Dad.

SOLLY: How did you enjoy the race and it's festivities, being away for a while? Inquiing minds want to know!

MONET: I just came to the board via an email that someone had posted. Will have to see if my favorite list works. Hope your experimentr with your friends works.

THIN: Enjoy your day now that you accomplished some work.

Finished the afghan strips, now have to sew them together, not my fav job!

Just saying hello.

May good things happen, Shirley

A man and woman were having dinner in a fine restaurant.

Their waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed that the man was slowly sliding down his chair and under the table, but the woman acted unconcerned.

The waitress watched as the man slid all the way down his chair and out of sight under the table. Still, the woman appeared calm and unruffled, apparently unaware that her dining companion had disappeared.

The waitress went over to the table and said to the woman, "Pardon me, ma'am, but I think your husband just slid under the table."

The woman calmly looked up at her and said, "No, he didn't. He just walked in the door."

Old 05-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #156  
sef

My favorite listing for this board is good.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #157  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Just a quick note to say howdy. I'll try to pop in later if time permits.

WTG Beth!!!

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #158  

Way to go, Beth! That is awesome!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #159  

Hi Everyone

Just checking in before heading off to bed. Didn't sleep well last night so hope tonite is better. I missed lawn bowling this evening as I had to go to a meeting but did get out and walk for about 30 minutes after I got home. Eating could be better. I went out for dinner yesterday with a couple of friends and had rotisserie chicken and fries. I don't know why I do it as I end up eating lots of the fries before the chicken and then can hardly finish the chicken because I am stuffed. I was out for lunch to-day too but did o.k. Just had half a turkey club sandwich with a bowl of soup.
Tonite was cofee and goodies after the meeting. I was doing fine last week so here we go again. Will have to get back on track again tomorrow.

Beth - WTG. .

Sef - Hope you are feeling better.

Solly - How was the weekend with your friends? Hope you had fun.

Monet - Good luck with your new eating schedule. Hope it works for you.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #160  

I know I've been MIA for a while now but have not had much free time to visit the site much less post. Eating is still going well. Scale still going down. Just changed my numbers to reflect today & yesterday's weight. Hoping to have it below the 180 mark before we leave for vacation next weekend.

Solly, Hope you & DH had a great time at the Indy 500 & that all went as planned.

Country, Are you getting much out of your garden? We're eating Swiss Chard & yellow crooked neck squash. DH is not growing near as much as he use to but we do have lots of tomatoes coming up.

Beth, congratulations on that run! That is so inspiring.

Monet, No problems getting here. Wouldn't have known the site had moved. Is that why there were no posts for 3 days?

SEF, So sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Hope you're feeling better real soon. BIL still on the vent. News is not real encouraging.

Rosalie, Sometimes we all make those poor choices. Don't bee too hard on yourself for what's already done, just try to remember to make wiser choices next time.

BOB, Hope your first day on your new job goes well.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #161  

Hi Ladies,

Well we had a great time. The Indy 500 sure is different in person than on TV. Those cars go a lot faster. I could hardly see them. Other than the rain delay, it was a great time. Got to see David Letterman, Mario Andretti and Tim Allen, set right next to me. The hotel was nice and dinners were good and expensive (how do people eat like that all the time?). We didn't eat until 9:30 each night. And of course, too much food. So thae scale is back up 10 lbs today. Didn't get all my water pills in either so that is contributing. I have planned to exercise 2 times a day until my vacation. I got in 22 minutes on the this morning and plan ondoing a video later tonight. We leave for Chicago on Friday, so that will be more bad eating probably. But I am going to do my best to be good. Normally, I just say the heck with it, but not this time.

Work is piles high. Got to get 5 days worth done in 3 days this week. So no time for relies, but:

Beth, Conrats on your run. You should be so proud of yourself and your kids. What a great dad to hang in there with you. I am so please to see you doing the BC run in Oct. I do the walks, but not the run.

To everyone else, Mayble I'll have more time tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #162  

Monet, I fforgot, What is the experiment for? A wt loss thing or for your blood sugar?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #163  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Cool Happy Tuesday!!

Good Afternoon everyone!!

I'm feeling fantastic today, which means I stretched well and did my run exactly as I should have... no injury or soreness!! I'm still so darn proud of myself for it! It's probably one of my biggest fitness accomplishments!
Thanks for the WTG's everyone... they really mean a bunch!!

Monet - I, also, never would have noticed the board moved. I still get to it from my same 'ol fav's link that I've been using. Good to know it's still here!!

Sef - Hope you're feeling better!!

Melf - I don't know about inspiring... but I'm sure proud! Glad to see that your numbers are headed in the right direction!! Mine are going slooooooowly down. Better than UP at any pace, though.. I guess!!

Solly - He IS a great dad!! He was so tired after that 10K... but he just rested up and then encouraged me for the entire 5K right by my side.... dragging me at some points...LOL! He could've done it in 30 minutes without me, easily!! He runs every morning before work... he's my inspiration! I'm really glad my kids enjoyed it as much as they did... maybe that will help keep them on me to KEEP IT UP!

Hope everyone has a great "short week:!!

BoB - How was your first day at your new JOB?!?!?! Hope it was fantastic and that you LOVE it there!!

See you ladies tomorrow!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #164  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I"M GONNA LOVE THIS JOB!!!!! It consists of obtaining insurance benefits, copays, authorizations and scheduling surgery. This is a group of 10 Docs, and I will be (there are two of us) working for 5 of them. They have a split floor suites (2) and the other Docs are downstairs. There are also two people down there doing the same thing. The people are GREAT....there are quite a few that I already knew so that makes it nice. My hours are 8-4:30, Mon - Fri...no weekends no holidays and a BIG CHRISTMAS BONUS!!! They also pay completely for my HEALTH INSURANCE...Blue Cross HMO...if I want the PPO, it's $60 per month...UH...NO....I've had HMO for the past ten years or more, so I'm already used to all they entail. It would be stupid to pay when I don't have to! I'm just concerned that my Medical Doc might not take Blue Cross...but we'll see! Up to a certain amount, they will match a 401k so I'll be looking into that.

I'm off to fix supper....LUMP CRAB CAKES sound good to me...I'll be back later!!!

CAN YOU TELL?????
BOB IS HAPPY AGAIN!!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #165  
ericsmommy

WTG Bob
Sounds like a wonderful envirerment to work in and having a job you love going to will make you feel great about yourself and it gives you a purpose to get up in the morning.

Beth Congrads on your run and you have a great Dad.

Monet Glad your kiln held great pieces for you.

Shirley Sounds like your body needed the sleep.

Everyone else hope your having a great day too.

Not much new here same old same old, but only 4 more days till we go away for the night so l am getting stuff ready for that.

Tonight we are having salmon steaks and grilled peppers on the bbq along with steamed asparagus.

Have a great evening every one
Closed Thread