South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #181  

Today is my first 3FC post and my first day on SB. I've got 100# to lose and a history of not sticking to a eating plan. So here goes and hopefully with more support this time I'll see my goal. I chose SB because I have Hashimoto/hypothyroidism and this is the recommended way if eating for that. So if anyone here has the same obstacle, I'd love to hear from you!
Coopspa
Old 01-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #182  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi coopspa and welcome we are glad you joined us. Keep posting as it is a great way to stay on track.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #183  

Height: 5' 7"

well day number 7 for me, went and ahead and weighed in as this is my official wid and I lost 3 lbs not bad considering I am about to start TOM, now if next week I can get the last 2 I gained over the holidays and move on from there I will be happy.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #184  

Gonnabe165-
Just noticed you were headed to Bono's. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bono's!!!! I'm so jealous! And thanks for the welcome!
Coopspa
Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 167/156/140

Height: 5'4"

Default soft of Day 1 of Phase 1

Well, I started Phase 1 today - sort of!

Yesterday was my birthday, so I pigged out at my sister's house. Unfortunately, something didn't set well, and I got pretty sick last night...I lost 3 pounds since Sunday if that tells you anything! My headache was excrutiating!

I did not have an appetite for most of the day, so I took advantage of it and sipped on my Diet Dr. Pepper while I did laundry. Finally after I did my errands and SB grocery shopping, I munched on a few olives around 2:30.

bfst: diet dp
snack: 0
lunch: 0
snack: 6-8 olives, diet dp
snack: sliced turkey and cheese roll up, bottled water
dinner: 3-4 bites of ham, salad, and crystal light

I nibbled on a certain 4 lettered item, but I don't want to talk about it right now. I'll just spot you the first and last letters: c and e...I didn't munch a lot, but I did it, and that is what counts. It will hopefully be gone tomorrow, and the temptation along with it! I WILL do better tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Day 7!

B. SBD Belgian waffle w/sf maple syrup (yep, I'm going to attempt to make it again!)
S. raw veggies w/hummus
L. tomato & roasted red pepper soup, chicken ceasar salad
S. string cheese, celery sticks
D. shrimp alfredo over spagetti squash, sauteed broccoli
S. Black bean brownie w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip
Old 01-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to you, 38withFreckles! I hope you're feeling better today and ready to start Phase 1 with us!
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #188  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Today is day 6 for me. I still have a wee bit of a headache but nothing I can't live with. I hope it will be gone by tomorrow. Although I don't have it daily it is still bothersome. I am going to weigh in, in the morning. I hope I will be happy.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning Ph1ers, I am happy to have one week down, and be attacking week 2. Today I will have:

B - spinach frittata, V8, coffee with milk
S - string cheese
L - chili, salad
S - peanut butter with celery, latte
D - Cream of Broccoli Chicken Soup, Salad
S - Greek yogurt, fudgesicle

I am kind of sinusy today, so I want to be sure to get in all my water too.
Diva, you can post your food list. It won't bother anybody. We all have our own little twist on SBD! It's all about what works for you. Besides, I like your pretty purple font.
pamatga, it's great that you like to cook and experiment, that will serve you well on SB. I've found so many great recipes for my permanent file, not just "diet" recipes, and tried things I'd never cooked before.
lilybell, I don't know much about any other diet plan except SBD, not being a serial dieter, but I know many people have misconceptions about SBD, so I'm sure that's true for other plans too. Glad things are going so well for you!
Congrats on the 3 lbs, Pearlrose!
Welcome 38withfreckles, and happy late birthday!
Welcome, coopspa! When I started I had 100 to lose too, and it seemed like such a huge amount, practically impossible! But you will get there, 1 lb at a time! It is so do-able on SB! I am just about to hit my halfway point, and it seems like just yesterday I was getting started.

Have a great Ph1 Day chicks!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #190  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning everyone! I hope P1 is treating you well!

Today is day 5 for me and I am feeling very good! I can't wait to see what the scale tells me in 3 days. It is TOM but hopefully the worst of the bloating will be behind me by then. I am trying to be very careful in getting plenty of water.

So yesterday I tried my breakfast cheesecakes but they tasted very weird and I didn't like the texture. I think I botched them somehow and maybe didn't mix the batter enough? I was bummed And then I made a batch of the sweet pecans - the one in P1 snacks - and I waited while they baked so I could have some for my after-dinner snack but guess what! I burnt the darn thing! AHHHH! Isn't it frustrating to wait and wait and wait for something like that only to have to throw it out?! I ended up having a few spoonfuls of SF Jello instead. Meh.

Today I have an evening class - microbiology - but until then I'm just hanging out with my baby! He is getting ready to learn how to walk, I think, standing on his own now but not taking any steps yet. Soon I'll get plenty of exercise from chasing after him. Yay!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #191  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Day 8 for me

b-mexican omelet
s-cheesestick
l-salad
s-turket cheese & lettuce wraps
d-l/o chicken cordon blue
s-fudgecicle

have a great OP day!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #192  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello chickies, Day eight for me! Feeling great, I can have my energy back in full force again, feels great to be back op. I can't wait til I can start adding in Fruits and grains again, but will still phase back in slowly so I can still keep losing.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #193  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Day 3 for me. No nausea today. I've lost my desire to eat eggs in the morning though. I'm sure missing my oatmeal. I look forward to eating it again. I was pleasantly surprised to see the scale shows a 6# loss in the last 3 days! I know a lot of it is water but I was able to zip up a pair of jeans today that I have been unable to wear for awhile. Hurray!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 167/156/140

Default Hi

I am so encouraged by all the success people are having. Zipping up a pair of jeans you couldn't wear before - that is a great feeling. Knowing the scale WILL move in a few days if I just stick to this is a great motivation. I have dieted before, and I had so much doubt. I can read your posts and see things are happening, so maybe it will happen for me.

One thing I am noticing is that you guys are cooking breakfast and lunch for yourselves. That is something that I need to do. I am used to grabbing a quick fix. If I will go ahead and make the mess and scramble the egg or whatever it is, I can eat something really good.

So far, I have grabbed a turkey/cheese rollup with my morning diet dp. It is 12:47 right now, and that is all I have eaten. I can eat more with this diet, but I am going to have to cook it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes - no more cake for me...I promise!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 172/165/135

Height: 5'6"

So encouraging to be reading about everybody's successes! Though it's only day 2 for me, P1 can be such a drag and I have to force myself to stay motivated. I feel more prepared now than I was the first time I did it in '06 though, and I know the rewards can be well worth the effort. Like you, 38, I one for grabbing a quick meal", and the cooking thing is my downfall!! I enjoy it, it's just the time and planning and expense are NOT things I find fun. Hamburger helper, Kraft mac & cheese, hot dogs, & TV dinners are very typical in our house (ick, I hate even thinking of all those bad carbs & fatty meals!!!). To me, cooking is fixing spaghetti and garlic bread every Sunday night!
Personally I'm really going through some emotional stuff right now. My grandma 800 miles away is near the end of her life, and I'm struggling with it. I only bring that up because today a good friend of mine told me "Robin, this is no time for you to try to diet... won't it only make you feel worse?" I told her that SB is so different, that I've actually begun feeling better in the past two days because I'm not putting garbage into my body. Plus, being an emotional mess it really helps for me to feel like I'm in control of something. I need to be strong and healthy... the meal planning, food shopping, cooking, etc. all give me something positive to focus on.
Anyway, sorry to throw in my personal drama. Today has been a really good SBD day for me. Except for the fact that I had to flip flop my snack & lunch because I had to work today, and I don't get a lunch break.

b: 2 eggs and a few cucumber slices
s: more cucumber slices & a piece of lf cheese
s: celery sticks with rf peanut butter
l: brocolli cauliflower cheese soup (this stuff is AMAZING!! I made a huge pot yesterday, and even my 10 y/o loves it... I have such a hard time getting veggies into him!! I think I found it on the recipe board)
d: I'll probably have the leftover beef stew & mushrooms that I fixed in the crockpot yesterday (another AMAZING recipe I probably found here, lol!) with green beans

I think I'll do a weight check tomorrow... probably too early, but I can't help it I gotta know!
Closed Thread