Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #16  
Janette

I officially weighed in this morning and it was a 2lb. loss--I even had hubby check the scale to make sure. So I am down 26 lbs. and counting!

Frannie, goals are good but I think I would say 10 lbs. by christmas--that way the 1.9 that you have been getting will still put you at goal or maybe over! That way you won't risk being disappointed that you didn't reach the 12 lb. goal--it wouldn't be good going into Christmas with all the temptations of special foods with a feeling that you "failed" to reach goal. But maybe it wouldn't effect you the same way it might effect some of us--just a thought.

I had a really good day today. DH and I went to a car show and they had arts and crafts and I had a blast shopping. I also did well food wise. I took an apple and ate it when I started feeling light headed and then ate a stuffed baked potato later. Even though they put on the butter I had 21 WPAs to work with. We had pizza on the way home and I ate salad and 2 pieces of thin crust veggie pizza. Stopped when I started feeling full--that was a good feeling in itself. So I figure I am still under points and a new week starts tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, good for you for going for the manicure. That is step one to breaking a bad habit! I think you should shoot for 12 pounds but DO NOT beat yourself up if you fall a little short. Even 10 would be amazing! Good luck.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, I'm so happy for you. I know when I hit 25/26 pounds I will really feel as if I had achieved something amazing. I'm feeling so optimistic for all of us!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:42 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm going Christmas shopping today! Woo Hoo....my favorite time of year. I should get alot of walking in. Hope you all have a great week!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #20  

I have been following core for about a week now.... last night I broke down and ate chips!!! errrrr I immediately felt bloated and gross. I guess now I just have to remember those feelings next time I feel like eating bad stuff. I'm amazed that only being on the plan for a week, has made my body feel 10times better! woo hoo
Old 11-16-2004, 05:11 PM   #21  

Unhappy

Thanks vicki and fiftieslady regarding goals. I see both sides of the coin. I want to loose 10 and would be happy with 12....how does that sound?? or I want to loose 12 and would be happy with 10!! Something to shoot for anyways.

I sort of fell......off.....the wagon........no I crashed off the wagon the other day. I was baking some Christmas goodies (mainly I was baking to send my daughter a care package at school.......well I had to sample said goodies. ) That was Sunday. Today is Tuesday and I have not had any bread or potatoe hopefully to compensate for that complete loss of brain......they were yummy anyways.....oh well. I shant be disappointed if I gain on Thursday night. I should have grabbed a ff pudding instead I know....live and learn

Last night I had salmon, broccoli and green beans......made hubby a potatoe and i was not even tempted! Tonight supper is up for grabs, whoever wants to cook. Don't ya get tired of cooking? Maybe we will have roast beef leftovers or planovers!!!!blah.......Tomorrow I will have to have a plan of what to eat at supper.....new ideals needed!!!!!!!!!! Maybe chicken would be good I think I have some chicken breasts in the freezer. Yep that is it!!

Thanks for letting me ramble on and on........must get out for a walk before 8pm......really keeps me moving!

Cheers,
Old 11-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

That's gonna happen, Silverain. You just have to put it behind you and start over. For me, it's a meal by meal battle!

Frannie, you should try making some of the Barbo recipes. Many of them freeze well. Hubby and I eat them and usually have enough left over to freeze for another meal. One I made recently had enough left over to freeze for two meals. I use those in between when I don't feel like cooking. I supplement with fresh veggies and a salad for dinner. In between those meals, I either make fresh elaborate meals, or easy broiled pork chops, steak, or chicken and baked potato. I can recommend a couple of dishes if you're interested.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #23  

you betcha vickie......anything to help out!!

last night i made these egg muffins.....sounds weird but so good.......made up 6, all core, no crust, just nucked them this morning......yummy!!

thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 11:17 PM   #24  

whats all in those egg muffins?? Is there a recipe?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:40 PM   #25  

The more I think about it.... I really miss muffins... lol
Old 11-17-2004, 03:35 PM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, here are my two favorites. Both freeze well, taste fabulous, and are great comfort foods. Both come from Barbo's Diet Kitchen. I also got some great desserts from here as well.

Smothered Barley with Chicken. I leave out the cinnamon and mint flakes and add extra garlic. http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl?read=11747

Beef, Bean, and Rice Casserole. I add extra garlic and green chilies. http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl?read=11402

Happy Cooking.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:48 PM   #27  

silverain....egg muffins,

quarter cup each of red pepper, green pepper, onion chopped and sauted in skillet until tender, let cool a bit, add 5 eggs, half cup ff cheese shredded, ( you can also add 2 pieces of turkey bacon cooked and crumbled but i did not have any so i just made veggie ones) so you mix all this together pour equally into a muffin pan (will make 6) bake at 350 for 20 minutes. wrap in saran wrap and put in fridge ... for breakfast i microwaved 2 for about 40-50 seconds...yummy and quick but not a typical 'muffin'

thanks for the links vickie i am looking them up right now!!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:22 PM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

Just got home from my weigh in and I'm down .8! I'm happy with this since it was a hungry, hungry week. It also included my anniversary dinner so I'm pretty happy with the progress. But.......best of all......I got to change to my 15 pound Chick! 15.6 down in 10 weeks. I can do this.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:51 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Yay!!! Congrats on the loss! What a great thing -- especially with a special dinner out.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #30  

Default Weigh In

I Weighed in tonight and I have gained a pound, which is pretty good considering everything that I ate this week!! I had mexican food at a restaurant, Taco Bell, I had a roll (the dreadful white flour kind) and on my salad at Golden Corral I used regular dressing, regular cheese..... and we went to CiCi's pizza this week and I had several pieces of pizza!

I am feeling strong again now though. I am refreshed and refocused. I am thinking of setting a goal for myself to reach 199 by January 31st. I would need to lose on average 1.9 pounds a week. I am trying to think up a reward that will really keep me motivated and focused. Something to work towards besides just the numbers on the scale. Maybe a shopping spree for the new size clothing.... or a massage and manicure/pedicure.......

Hope everyone is having a good week! Sorry I have not been posting lately. Things have been really busy. This is the last couple of weeks of the fall semester, so I have been busy with tests and assignments.
Closed Thread