Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #31  

Thumbs up

right on right on!

Tonight was weigh in. And a fabulous meeting. I lost 2 lbs. It was great. Then my ww leader marked it down that I gained so I felt in the end I had lost 4 hehehe

I got to change my scales....great feeling. Next week I am going to set a mini goal with my leader. I think I will go 10 by Christmas!!

It was very foggy here today. I knew I was not going to get my walk in at home so I went out with the guys and walked the plant for an hour. Perfect! Home now just relaxing but I have to get my lunch made. Salad! yummy. For supper we are going to have crock pot chicken. I will take about 4 chicken breasts with 1 cup ff italian dressing and let it cook all day. Then I will serve on a bed of brown rice with veggies. Quick and easy then off to the hockey game. Might even tempt to Christmas shop on Saturday.....time will tell. We have another hockey game on Sunday so that day is taken. It is a 2 hour drive but well worth it as my hubbys family lives there and will go. Nice to visit with them!

Better get at it as it is getting late.

Everyone keep up the good work.. Vickie way to change that chick!!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Teri, glad you're back. Are you taking the classes and doing the assignments or are you the teacher?

It does sound like you got lucky with a one pound gain considering what you ate. I think a January 31st goal is a great idea. What was your average weekly loss before your gain? 1.9 per week would be too high for me! Would this be a realistic average for you? I'd hate to see you be disappointed....of course we have to stretch. I guess you'll have to decide what your personality is.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #33  
Janette

Frannie, good work on those 2 lbs.! I expect a maintain this week because I have been using my exercise time every morning cleaning the house--I have our Thanksgiving dinner Sunday. But I start over again on Sunday and am committed to getting my exercise in next week.

I will join you on the Christmas goal but I am going to shoot for 6 lbs. That will put me at my first goal! Then it will be a maintain between Christmas and New Year's eve (always my hardest time--off from work, Christmas leftovers and getting ready for the New Year's party). After the first of the year, I will start on the next 10 lbs. That will put me back at my official WW goal.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, you definitely had a great weigh in. It does feel great to change your marker, doesn't it?! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll lose your 10 pounds by Christmas.

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftieslady
I will join you on the Christmas goal but I am going to shoot for 6 lbs. That will put me at my first goal! Then it will be a maintain between Christmas and New Year's eve (always my hardest time--off from work, Christmas leftovers and getting ready for the New Year's party).
Me too! Starting today. Okay, actually starting tomorrow. Today's my birthday and I plan on being really really bad.

But starting tomorrow until Christmas Eve, I am Core all the way, baby! And NO CHEATING!

Congrats to everybody on their successful weigh-ins this week. And I still consider that .2 gain to not be a bad thing ... considering the big week you had!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #36  

Vickie,
Unfortunately, I am the student! I am just a VERY late starter!! Your typical, dated throughout highschool, got married 2 months after I graduated, no college, making barely above minimum wage.....married 4 years then he left. I decided (finally) to go to college so that I will not be dependant on anyone anymore. My current husband is wonderful! But, you never know what the future will hold.... I decided to start school, and went full time for the first year, then lost my childcare. (I was paying my mom to watch them while I was in school....) I have four children, so daycare expenses for me are OUTRAGIOUS! Which is why I have been staying home for the past 4 years. My mom went back to work, so I started taking 2 online courses this semester so that I did not have to quit school completely. I will take more online classes this Spring, then next fall I will go back full time. By then my youngest son will be in Kindergarten, and it will just be youngest daughter in daycare......

So far when I was actually sticking to the core plan, I was losing on average 2 pounds a week. I lost 3 the first week, .30 the second, I missed my third meeting, but when I went back for the fourth I had lost 5.6, which equaled 8.6 total weight loss, or averaged out to 2 pounds a week. I figure if I can keep the pattern up I will have lost 104 pounds in a year....

I wanted to set a big goal for January 1st, so that I am starting out the new year feeling good about myself for a change. I really want to get below 200, so that is a great incentive. When trying to figure out my New Years goal, I had a hard time coming up with a specific amount. I really wanted to start the New Year in "ONE-derland!!", but there just aren't enough weeks left to accomplish that goal. So I decided to extend it to 199 by January 31st instead of the 1st. My only concern is Thanksgiving and Christmas really throwing me off...... If I can make myself start excercising it would really help!! I have a VERY big problem with that!! AND drinking enough water! I know it should not be such a hard thing to do......but yet, I find myself struggling with something so simple. OH well..... this is a learned behavior! I am having to "re-train" myself to eat (and drink) right. It will not happen over night, but will eventually be second nature for me.

I need to start cleaning house........BAD!! My homework assignments have been really taking me away from the housework. I need to try to get semi caught up today!!

Good Luck Everyone!!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, you sound like you have a great, realistic plan. I like it! I'll do a Christmas Goal too. I've got 5 weighs ins left before Christmas. I'll pledge 7 pounds. That is a smidgeon less than my current average weight loss. Great idea!

Kathy, Happy Birthday! Have a great day and try not to make yourself sick. I've read that those who go off Core with a bang get bad tummyaches!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:15 AM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Teri, I say go for it!!!!!!! Maybe you could try making little rules for yourself. Like one glass of water ever other hour. Or.....no TV unless I've had all my water.

I can't shower unless I exercise. I'm exercising every day because if I plan less, like 3-4 times a week, I'll never do any. So the rule is I have to exercise every day. I hate to be unshowered so this is a BIG motivator to me. Also, if I haven't had at least six 8 oz glasses of water by dinnertime, then I can't eat dinner until I do. It's just a rule.

Sometimes I hate me and my rules, but they're working for me!

Good Luck with your schoolwork. I've always been really impressed at Moms who go to school and raise their kids. It's not easy.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #39  

Default Christmas Challenge...

I think I will also set a Christmas Challenge for myself. In order to reach my New Years goal, I should set my Christmas challenge at 10 pounds. 1.9 pounds X 5 weeks = 9.5. But I think I will set my Christmas goal at 225, which will mean a weight loss of 8.4 pounds. I will just be 1 pound shy which I think I can make up later. Call me crazy, but I like to set a meaningful "weight" goal to shoot for, versus a number of pounds to lose. I know, I know..., what's the difference??
Old 11-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #40  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the tips Vickie! That just might help! Great idea!
Old 11-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #41  

Hi,

I have ben lurking on this board for a few weeks now. I am on the core program and attending meetings weekly. This week is my 7th week and I have lost 18.8 lbs since starting. This is the first time I have joined weight watchers and I decided to do core because it seemed doable to me. I love the program and I am so excited about the results. Reading your post here has been a great help for me. Thanks so much.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:20 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, Mercee! I'm so glad you stopped lurking and joined in the fray! Very impressive weight loss numbers for 7 weeks. I sure wish I had your stats! I'm in the South Suburbs of Chicago. So Welcome Neighbor and continued good luck.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #43  

Wow Mercee!!

What a great weight loss for 7 weeks! Congratulations!!!!
Are you working out as well, or just eating the CORE WAY?
Old 11-19-2004, 12:56 PM   #44  

Thanks for the warm welcome. Wow Vickie we are neighbors I am in the south suburbs too.

Cateyes- I am not really working out I just walk about 3 times a week. I'm just following the core program.

I chose the core program because I am diabetic and I thought it would be best for me. There are only a few people doing it in my meeting group but I love it.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:02 PM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm not diabetic but my husband is. His numbers have improved just with how I've been cooking for both of us. I think you'll be really pleased Mercee!
Closed Thread