Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 07:06 PM   #106  

Hello to everyone. I have enjoyed reading all the posts since my last visit. Very encouraging. I get alot of help here. Thank you to all. I have never posted on a board before so I am a little unsure of it all, but I do enjoy reading the boards. I haven't been doing the Core plan perfect but I am more on the plan than off. Desserts are my main source of trouble but I have come up with a few of my own and several from the receipes of others. FF cottage cheese mixed with skim milk and sf ff chocolate pudding
(about 1 1/2 cups milk with large pudding and 16 oz. ff cottage cheese)I measure 1/2 cup ff cool whip with 1/2 cup of the dessert and count 1 point. All the other stuff is Core. Seems to be helping me with wanting something sweet. I love the Core plan and I find it is so much easier for me to live with. Everyone keep up the good work
Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #107  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, you are so sweet. I'm just trying to give everyone what I need for myself. Good friends to get through this process with! Somewhere in the back of my mind I though I might like to be a Leader some day. However, I've 134 more pounds to lose so I can't even think about it now. I'll just spend my time trying to help all of you and me be as successful and happy as we can be while we get to goal.

I'm 48 and retired from the Federal Government so for the moment I have alot of time on my hands. Reading and responding to all your emails gives me joy! I haven't had the time to concentrate on myself for the 30 years while I worked every day.....until now. I certainly don't think I'm an expert on the topic but I sure do love to try to given encouragement. I figure if you took the time to post a message you must want/need someone to talk to you.

Having said all that, I'm really happy that your first day went so well. I hope you give it some time. After a couple of weeks it just started to become second nature. It would be great if you could give Core a chance until at least Christmas. I bet you'll have amazing results!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #108  
Southside White Sox Fan

KatyMay, I'll sure give your dessert a chance. It sounds like chocolate cheesecake! You should check out this website, www.barbosdietkitchen.com. She has amazing recipes there, including Core desserts. Just go to the search function and type Core. There will be more recipes there than you can even dream about. Check out the Caramel Apple Delight. Yum.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:39 PM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frannie, 3.5 miles every day?!!! Wow! I'm only able to do 1.25 miles every day. Someday I'll be able to do more. How long does it take you to walk that far?
Old 12-01-2004, 06:10 AM   #110  
Closed

Mornin' All......Thanks Frannie for the welcome back. This board is where I need to be. Again, what made me stray and try points again, I really don't know But my first FULL day back on Core was Successful and satisfying. That made me feel good. I am on day two and will continue my journey from here....I will get these 6 lbs off. I was hoping to do it by the 17th of Dec, as we are going to Key West for that weekend. So send me some good vibes.
FRANNIE.. you walk 3.5 miles a day!! whew....you go!! When I get home from work I am so mentally exhausted I don't want to go out of the house, but you may have just inspired me...thanks...
NITA - how's your week going?? We have to do this friend so hang in there with me....
KATYMAY....I have learned the hard way the CORE really is soooo simple. What was I thinking when I slippped. The encouragement of the 'friend's here on this board is powering. Good luck to you too.
VICKIE I think Core may just be my niche. It is me who must "just do it" I was missing some things (so I thought) and look what happened...6lbs just like that from making the wrong choices. I have learned my lesson. It was Janette who got me into liking my daily fruit so now I am back to having that instead of WOW chips or some other emptied calorie choice.
It is so good to be back here. I wasn't visiting quite enough last time, and I know now I need to visit you all everyday.....that is what will keep me focused. So Vickie please keep your words of inspiration coming. I look forward to it......no stress there!!!! But you are an intregal part of this board so see even though you are semi retired you are still hard at work....thanks!!
Well day two is about to start and I can't wait to see if I lost anything on Saturday and get to share the (good) news with you all. In the meantime have a great day out there..........Linda
Old 12-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #111  

Good morning to everyone. Just read your posts. You ladies are so kind and encouraging. Thanks for all the information. Today I am very determined to do well. I want to lose 5 pounds before Jan. 1, 2005 so I am ahead of the game for the first time in years. I am so glad I found this board. Good luck to all. Since Core came along I know I will be successful this time. Talk to you all later. Have a core-mendous day
Old 12-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #112  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda and KayMay, I love company! I look forward to hearing about your progress.

I'm actually looking forward to weighing in on Thursday even though I'm not expecting a loss. I've been sticking to program but ate all my WPA's and AP's and I'm really nervous. I just want this Thanksgiving weigh in to be over so I can go back to normal. I'm off to the treadmill. Today, I'll start viewing It's a Wonderful Life. It takes me two days to watch a movie. On Monday and Tuesday, I watched Miracle on 34th Street. Can you tell I'm a Christmas Junkie?!

Keep your fingers crossed for a decent weigh in for me!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

Vickie -- Thanks for your kind words. I didn't do perfect yesterday, however, today is a new day and so far so good. I need some ideas of what to eat for lunch. I believe I am making this CORE program too hard. Since I really enjoy fruit--this really helps! I am spending my free time working in my sewing room where I only have water to drink. It really helps to stay busy. I am very lucky because I have one of those computerized embroidery machines and making gifts for other people is so exciting!

Sunny -- I appreciate your support--I have been dieting for so long--it does get frustrating. I joined WW in the early 70's and back then it was sort of easy to get down to my goal--back then I was only 36 years old and that sure makes a difference. Becoming a lifetime member has really been one of the best things I ever did for myself.

May everyone on our site have a really "good" day!

Take care,
Nita
Old 12-01-2004, 04:49 PM   #114  
Closed

He All............Well I just got in and the second thing I did was to sit down and read this board. It is what will keep me grounded. Another good day today my friends. And dinner is all planned, Scallops and veggies. Hmmm.hmmm. I can't believe how I am NOT hungry when I work the Core program. Those few weeks off and I was starving and gained those blasted 6 lbs. I guess I am not the points person I thought I was.
I too can't wait to weigh in on Saturday, although I feel like you Vickie. I feel any lose will be fine, it's a heck of a lot further than I was, that's for sure.
KATYMAY I think you can lose that 5 lbs by January 1st, heck I looking to lose that by Dec 17 when we go away (hahaha) seems you're a lot more sensible than I :-)
Well I can dream....like my husband always tells me "don't let reality get in the way, Linda" OK I won't :-)
NITA hang in there with me buddie, we need to do this and we can. So you weren't perfect yesterday but each day we'll get closer and closer to just doing it. With Vickie to cheer us on, we're all a bunch of losers :-)
I was wondering if any of you journal....I do even though it's all core. Do you? I am trying to wean myself off of it, as I feel if I just do core I have no worries, and I save my WPA for my Saturday. Any thoughts?? Just wondering.
Well, you all have a great evening and I see you all tomorrow......Linda
Old 12-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #115  

Default New Chick on the block--need help with CORE

Hello All! I'm new hear and it seems as though most of you are PROs to CORE!
I have been trying to lose 10lbs on WW flex for over 3yrs. My leaders check my journal and can't seem to figure out why I can't lose. I really love CORE, but I wonder if I'm eating too much. I try different things to see if anything will work, but I don't have a clue.

Typical day:
oats & .5pt raisins
.5 bread with butter spray
decaf coffee, creamer

boca & bread/2pts
yogurt with SF jello
veggie soup
pumpkin pie/1.5pts

oats
veggie soup
popcorn 4pts
SF pudding 2pts

I don't like water, so I drink a lot of crystal lite and decaf coffee.
I don't eat junk, so what could the problems be?
I'm 53y 144.0 gw 130-135lbs

Any ideas?
Old 12-01-2004, 05:49 PM   #116  

Height: 5'7"

What are your total points during the day? Are you getting the 20 you need for flex? It looks like you might be having too many per day for Core, but too few for Flex. Also, some people have a problem with the NutraSweet in Crystal Lite -- it makes them stall.

So what else can you tell us? Exercise level? Can you absolutely not stand water to the point you won't drink it all all?

And how tall are you? Your body might be perfectly happy with your current weight of 144. General guidelines for a MINIMUM weight (I've heard several times -- not sure how accurate it is, though) is for a medium frame, 100 pounds for 5 feet and five pounds per inch over.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #117  

Height: 5'7"

Linda - I still journal. I like to be able to look back and see what I've even during times when I lose (or don't lose?) -- and even though I've tried to break the habit, I just feel a little too out of control when I don't write it all down.

Lately I've been putting it all in FitDay and then printing out the sheet to put in my book. I write either a "C" by the food, or the number of points if it's not Core, so that I can keep up with WPAs. Sometimes I just highlight the non-Core foods ... whatever will keep me on track.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #118  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nita, lunch for me is Progresso Lentil or Rich and Hearty Beef Barley Veggie soup; Healthy Choice Split Pea with Ham soup; Egg Beater omelets with mushrooms, or onion, or avocado, or whatever veggie I'm in the mood for with FF Borden american cheese slice. Sometimes I make tuna salad or egg salad and cut up a whole fresh tomato to go with it. If we go out I get a huge salad with lots of goodies (red cabbage, cukes, eggs, avocado, garbanzo beans, red onion) and I bring my own salad dressing. Almost always I have some fresh fruit plain or mixed with FF skim for a "smoothie". Does any of this get you excited?!

Linda....I want to know what the first thing was that you did! Just kidding! BTW, I'm convinced that good planning is necessary for success on Core. I can't wait until too late to make my dinner plans or I'm not as satisfied with my meal. Disatisfaction is DANGER for me because then I start to feel sorry for myself/deprived. So I'm glad that you knew exactly what you were going to eat. I hope you lose alot on Saturday but try to remember that you had less than a week on Core. So don't give up if the scale doesn't jump immediately. It's great to set goals and have expectations as long as you don't become to disappointed if you miss the mark a bit. I don't journal as I did on flex but I do journal the Core way. I keep track of my water, milk, oil and all WPA's eaten and AP's earned and eaten. I have a very faulty memory when it comes to points consumed....or should I say convenient memory! If I don't journal I forget.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:08 PM   #119  
Southside White Sox Fan

How exciting, Cat! Another new Core enrollee to chat with here in our little Core corner of the world. The scary thing is you asked for our opinions and you know everyone has one! I'm not an expert by any means but I did have some reactions when I looked at your typical menu. Is this your example of Core eating? I'm not really sure I understood you menu. Some of the things you list you showed as points (popcorn and pudding) might be Core. Are you eating more than 35 WPA's a week?

Presuming you are eating Core foods (creamer is not), here's what struck me. You don't seem like you are eating enough protein and dairy. You also don't show a starch and no fresh veggies or salad outside the soup. Unless I'm eating salads, fresh veggies, and some protein, I don't lose. I also didn't notice and beans which provide fiber. In a nutshell, I think your diet might not be balanced.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #120  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, what's FitDay? I'm intrigued.
Closed Thread