Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #271  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Hopeful, I only track the sugar and carbs while I've been on plan. I find that I make more healthful choices anyway while on plan, so haven't paid much attention to calories. I do want to start keeping track just to see where I am at on a day to day basis.

I, personally, am not retaining water.

I weighed in last night, and I am down another .2. At least it's moving again! I am so so so impatient! I also figured out that I can have Chipotle tonight, as I found a calculator that adds all the nutrition information. Thats good, considering I'm stuck at school until 7:30 tonight and didn't bring dinner.

I thank you, thank you, thank you again for my tracker!
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

From what I am reading most of us are way under our allowed sugar for the day--I am wondering if maybe thats where the tweek needs to be made? crazy thought but who knows...

Today I was in the grocery store and they were doing a close out on Green & Blacks dark chocolate ($1.74) I have not dared even trying anything remotely sweet since being on the diet-- but I did remember reading about dark chocolate either here or in the BF book. My question is how do you figure out the sugar/carbs per piece? my bar says 12 pieces is a serving with 2.5 serving in the bar. Carbs= 22 Sugars =17
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Dancingfish, if I did my math right, 1 square is 1.42 sugar and 1.84 carb. So technically, you could eat 3 squares to equal 4.26 sugar and 5.52 carbs - I think??? That would be 4/1 - must not be a super high percentage of cacao?
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

The Lindt 90% chocolate is 4 squares for 12 carbs and three sugars so I could have all four squares but that is very low carb and low sugar. If it gives you a serving size and states there are 2.5 servings per bar you would need to times the amount of carbs and sugar by 2.5 and then devide by 12 (or the number of squares per bar) to get a per square count. Remember that jorge does not want us to go over 5 grams of sugar at one time. So if you are being really strict you would have to limit your squares accordingly. That does sound like a good price. My grocery stores do not carry the higher cocoa types of the Green and Blacks and I think I remember jorge saying it had to be 85% cocoa. I can get the 85% Lindts and it is way better than the 90%. Last weekend I saw a bar of lindt's at walmart that said it was 100% and it had a zero sugar count (ick). The thing about the 90% is that you seldom want more that a couple of squares.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-24-2011 at 05:48 PM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #275  

I've been doing the BFC program for 11 days now. My problem is that I am continuing to have problems with lack of bm's. I have fibromyalgia and am bothered sometimes from IBS. It seems to be a feast or famine thing with me. I have upped the fiber in my diet, only drink water after my one cup of coffee in the mornings and still have issues. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know that this is the reason that my weight hasn't changed in the past two days. I'd say it's the sh***, but it is!!!

I've got my very close friend now doing the program with me. She has so little to lose, compared to my 100 pounds.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!!
VinoGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

Vinogal, I've been having a similar problem and I'm going to going out this weekend innsearch of some tea that was suggested a few days ago. I was suppose to go get it a couple days ago but my life has been soooo hectic. In fact I'm starting to think that my very slow weight loss is due to the amount of stress im experiencing right now.

On a positive note, I felt thinner yesterday. I still haven't weighed in for this week but I almost hate weighing in when I feel thinner, I wouldnt want the scale to correct my frame of mind!:-)
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #277  

@lnm130 I'm so glad I was able to share the tracker with you! I love it because it keeps me...on track lol
misslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #278  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

several days of flucuating back up. I think i haven't been drinking enough and my body started hoarding. Or im just working out harder and my muscles are holding it in! well okay i did cheat a bit on the diet but today was a great day so hopefully some weight off tomorrow!
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #279  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

sheessh MFP is a cussword here? LOL or is it considered a type of competition?
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #280  

Default Extremely SLOW Fast Track

The Fast Track is very slow in arriving. I just heard that the release date has changed once again.

It was due out in the fall, then in December. At some point it was changed to April 2011. Now it won't even be here by summer. It isn't being released until the last week in September !!!

Given that I preordered it last summer, I am extremely disappointed, to say the least.

I've already been waiting 7 months, when I was expecting it in 2. And it won't be here for another 7!

Wonder if this has anything to do with The Fast Track coaching sessions that they charge for?

As you can tell, I've been waiting impatiently for the new book to come out. And I have to wait one h*** of a lot longer until I actually get it. How frustrating!!!!
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #281  

Just wanted to share something with you gals who may have "elimination" problems. I never have had a problem until this week, so I bought benefiber. It didn't do anything. So, I bought psyllium husk fiber. So far, nothing, but I have high hopes that it will kick in soon! I wanted to share a tastier way to consume it. The first time I tried it (last night) I put a teaspoonful in a glass of water - NASTY!!!!! I had to drink like 3 glasses of plain water after to keep from vomiting. Today I mixed it with some crystal light fitness powder I still had around. It was better. Then I found a recipe for pudding and I altered it: First melt 1 square of lindt 85% with an ounce of cream. Stir really well. Add a heaping teaspoon of husk powder and stir. And then add 1/4 cup of water. Stir briskly for quite awhile. (I suppose you could use a shaker?) Then I put it into the fridge so it would be cold. I ate it a couple hours later. I wouldn't say it was heavenly, but compared to trying to choke it down in plain water, it was pretty darn good. I also drank over a cup of water while eating the "pudding". Let's hope that this will do the trick. I am so not used to being irregular. Does anybody know how long the psyllium should take? It has been almost 24 hours and I have now taken a total of 3 heaping teaspoons. I have drank A LOT of water, too. I am almost done with two 64 oz bottles today. Do you guys take psyllium? If so, how often. Is it ok to take on a regular basis to stay regular? I loaned out my BFC book, and I didn't really pay attention to what Jorge wrote about it because I was always regular. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by TheSquirrel; 02-26-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself this morning for avoiding my daughters bday cake last night. There was a yummy chocolate cake and a banana cake w/cream cheese icing and I didn't even have a taste. And trust me it wasn't easy. I went on the scale yesterday morning and I still have'nt lost a pound. I'm questioning why I'm bothering to sacrifice because so far this has been the least effective diet that I have ever been on.
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #283  

TheSquirrel, I just bought it in pill form, and I take that along with probiotics twice a day.

I was really bad on friday and ate tons of salty, fried food. When I weighed in yesterday I was at 171.7. Today I am at 170.2, but am still retaining water as I still didn't drink enough yesterday.

I do so poorly on the weekends. I don't track or anything. I try to make smart choices, but it's nothing like what I do during my work week.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #284  

170.2...again.

I think I'm going to begin calorie counting in addition to being on the BFC. I saw great results with that last year. I really like being sugar free, though, so I may do a combination.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #285  

So, it is Monday, and I just did my weekly weigh in - down another 1.4 pounds! I am ecstatic for two reasons: I still don't feel all of the way cleaned out, but the psyllium finally is helping and I am expecting Auntie to visit this week. I was really shocked about the weight loss actually because when I got on the scale a couple of days ago, I was actually up 1.4 pounds! Hope you all have a good Monday and a good week! Psyllium is my friend. Psyllium is my friend.