Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well.

LNM Diet Gingerale is my favorite but I'm trying not to drink it because it has Aspartame. Mine is Canada Dry. Do you know one that has a different sweetener?
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #167  

Zevia has a ginger ale and it's delicious. It's sweetened with Stevia but it doesn't have a bitter aftertaste.
Shirlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #168  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

We usually get the Kroger brand. If I think I'll look next time we get it. Maybe I can convince them to not buy diet at all, then I won't drink any.

I feel thinner today, which I know isn't really true, but I feel it. I am tracking my S/C on an index card, filling in bubbles.

I drink a protien shake in the morning, and it tends to be a bit high sugar-wise total. I only drink a small portion of it, and its only a 2/1.

How do I eat out? How do I make smart choices at restaraunts with no nnutritional info? I typically go out to eat at least once a week with friends or with the boyfriend.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #169  

In regard to adult beverages, my favorite is a Sobe Sling. Sobe Fuji Apple Pear + vodka. Limit vodka to 1 1/2 ounces, according to Ferguson, or you will stall weight loss.

Other Sobes work, but that one stands up to alcohol best, IMO.

Last edited by deetermined2; 02-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

Lnm130,

Eating out is the hardest thing to do on any diet, but I find with low carb diets your best bet is to sick to "real" restaurants, vs fast food. This way you can order a steak and salad. You could even have the baked potato with butter (I usually only eat a few bites ofnthe potato...the steaks the best part). And the salad, I always order oil and vinegar dressing on the side. Or you could order a hamburger and when it comes, just take the top bun off and eat it with a knife and fork. I would also save my carbs up on days when I'm going out so I can have a few extra drinks or a few French fries.

This Saturday I'm going out to the Copa Cobana which is a Brazilian steak house...LOTS of meat. Should be perfect. My daughter wanted me to take her to the Mandarin and I know there's just no way I could cope with a buffet! I just don't have the willpower.
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #171  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Lulu - Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll suggest Mongolian BBQ, kind of a make-your-own stirfry place. I usually just do chicken and veggies. The sauce might be a killer though, I make it with a teriaki sauce. I'll just watch my carbs and sugar today. I brought some good choices today.

I went over a bit last night. It was pizza night. I couldn't help myself! Maybe someday I'll have the willpower to say no. I don't think I went over with my sugar, just a carb serving or two.

Also, my Crystal Light. Really? The one thing that gets me to drink water is actually bad for me? Poop.

I am so glad that I found this website. Thanks for all your support ladies

Last edited by Lnm130; 02-11-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #172  

Default I week done.

Stuck to the plan the whole week... but... the scale has hardly moved
jackies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #173  

jackies,

Some people lose more water weight than others during the first week depending on how high carb they were before they started. Most weight lost during the first week on most diets is water weight. If you've switched from another plan or you were eating relatively healthy to begin with or you are over 40, the number of pounds lost isn't nearly as high as what others are posting.

Any weight loss is a good weight loss. It adds up over time. I've experienced the inches coming off even more than the pounds. People come up and tell me how good I look, and can't believe I've only lost what the scale says. (And the inches came off my gut and my butt.) So don't get discouraged.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

Went on the scale this morning...12 days on the plan and I haven't lost a single pound. It's all I'm worth not to cry this morning...

I'm so so tired of the constant struggle to lose weight. It's literally exhausting me this life long struggle. Some may look at my weight and think that it's not so bad...but I just hate what I see when I look in the mirror, when I see a picture of myself.

Sigh...it's going to be a bad day.
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #175  

Lulu, I'm sorry the scale was unkind. What does a days eating look like? I don't eat any where near the carbs or sugars allowed and I have been stalled for over a month. I never had the spectacular early losses either because I had been dieting before I started so didn't really have that water weight to lose.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #176  

Hey I just tried something truely amazing and delicious. I'd seen some posts on 3fc regarding roasted cabbage. I've been meaning to try it. Well I made a bunch this AM. I put peanut oil and cut up cabagge in a jelly roll pan covered with foil to make the pan easier to clean and cooked it at 400 degrees until the bottom was nicely browned. I flipped them and they started coming apart cooked them a while longer and then stirred again. Once they were nicely browned took them out . Maybe a half hour total. I watched them pretty close as I had read that they scorch easily. I don't think my house even got smelly. Both my DH an DD loved them.

I've been reading Gary Taubes book Good Calories Bad Calories. Its a good read even if all the science does make the eyes cross. I was ready to give up and go back to my smoothie diet which was successful last summer. Any way I decided to do low carb awhile longer. i think I need to let go off my uncle sam's cereal and see if that helps. I also did a smoothie yesterday with spinach, kale, ice and sobe drink. Maybe I just need a spring tonic. I felt amazing last summer when I first started doing smoothies probably because of all the vitamins.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycarlson View Post
I also did a smoothie yesterday with spinach, kale, ice and sobe drink. Maybe I just need a spring tonic. I felt amazing last summer when I first started doing smoothies probably because of all the vitamins.
Kitty, four years ago, I drank green smoothies everyday and didn't really change the rest of my diet a lot and lost 35 pounds without even trying. I loved those green smoothies! I would even add some cocoa powder and honey when I was having kale. With spinach, I didn't need to add any kind of sweetener. I would add A LOT of fruit, though. The smoothies do make me feel good too. I think it is good to mix things up a bit. I know the fruit would really throw a kink into things but maybe the benefit of the greens evens it out? I love BFC, but I do miss fruit. I am pleased with my results and the ability to enjoy some good, rich foods plus I am prediabetic, so staying away from sugar for me is a good thing.
On to other things, yesterday I slipped up big time and went downhill from there! I got busy in the morning and forgot to eat breakfast and then I went to meet friends at a hamburger joint. I had planned on just eating the bottom bun and using a fork. Well, nobody pressured me or even knows I am eating differently, but I felt pressured (by myself) to pick the thing up and eat it, and I did! I only ate half the fries. The restaurant doesn't have a nutrition facts so, I didn't know what the damage was. Also, one of my friends had brought some gluten free cookies for our family (one of my sons has Celiac's Disease). After I got home I ate one and it was so good. Cookies have always been my downfall. Anyway, I only ate one last night. The old days I would have polished them off. Then, I had bought a pepperoni pizza from Costco and we had that for dinner (not my son who has celiac's - I had something different for him). I ate a lot of that. I don't know what was wrong with me. I think it has just been a busy, hectic week and I was just decompressing (is that the right word?) But I did try the ginger root beer that zevia makes and I love it! Let's hope I can move forward from this and learn that the trade of eating yummy foods and losing weight is better than eating yummy foods that are actually harmful to me and gaining weight! (I put the cookies in the freezer - out of sight out of mind I hope) I hope this confession doesn't cause somebody to stumble. Let me know if I shouldn't share stuff like this. By sharing, I feel more accountable and try harder to be better to myself.
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #178  

Hi all, Wow three posts in one day.

That's what happened with me too squirrel the smoothies set off this weightloss thing I've been on which according to the clinic was probably 55LBS. I have really been sticking close to the bfc plan since Jan 1st. I have consumed some of the sweeteners that jorge doesn't like but not sugars or the white stuff. All my off plan treats have had to do with splenda. I really wasn't triggered to eat high carb foods just more splenda. LOL
I am trying to do better. I will give up cereal and wraps and pitas this week. I need to see if less carbs will get me out of this stall.

I will forego the fruits in my smoothies. I hope my husband eats those bananas. They are just beautiful right now. I really didn't mind the taste of the green smoothie yesterday, mostly the texture.

I'm considered prediabetic too. I've known I was insulin resitant for a long time as I have pretty much every symptom.

In Gary Taubes book Good Calories Bad Calories he discusses chronic hyperinsulinemia which leads to hunger and carb craving and the inability for satiety . Apparently insulin causes the body to store fat and not use the fat in fat cells for energy. The more fat cells the more insulin the more craving the more hunger. The more insulin the more the body wants to store more fat. So we go through stages of eating-hunger, eating-hunger until we have eaten way too much. In fact they have research that shows that insulin goes up in susceptible (ie overweight) people by 20% when we SEE food which makes us hungry. I guess looking at cupcakes can make us fat. Boy advertisers have got our number. He says the way to break the cycle is to not eat carbs. Eat proteins and lots of fat and some low carb vegetables. Eat frequently to stabilize blood sugar and avoid surges of insulin caused by carbs and big meals. His isn't a diet plan it's an indepth scientific review of all the scientific studies about eating, chloresterol, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer etc. All the modern diseases and relates them to the increase in white sugar, flour and rice etc in the past 150 years. Apparently cultures that didn't have white stuff didn't have any cancer, appendix problems, diabetes or heart disease until they adopted the western diet. They actually decreased their consumption of meats and fats and replaced them with white rice, sugar and flour and then they started getting all the same diseases we have. The book is facinating but not an easy read, 577 pages almost a 100 pages of foot notes. I got it from the library. It would be worth reading though.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-12-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #179  

Hi, all!

I read an interesting post this week on the benefits of stevia on www.marksdailyapple.com, the February 8th one. Stevia increases insulin sensitivity, among other things.

I've been trying to increase my veggie consumption to see what impact that has on weight loss. Maybe I should try the green smoothies.

I'll have to read Good Calories, Bad Calories. Thanks for suggesting it, kittycarlson.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #180  

Default Questions...a little confused

I am about to start the BFC diet tomorrow. I am confused about a couple of things. When he shows a carb swap meal and it shows for example an omelette or pizza, but then he has additional sides listed as well. Are those sides included in the S/C value listed or are the sides extra. Also, how much is a serving. How much pasta can you actually eat? Is anyone eating fruit on this diet?
Also, is this just for the stomach, or will it decrease fat from other areas such as thighs? Thank you so much for all of your input!!!
Hopeful1983 is offline   Reply With Quote