Old 02-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #211  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Right now, I'm only working out once a week. Once this weather breaks I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program. I did it last summer but ended up hurting myself.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 227/204.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I just started doing Zumba and I started putting my treadmill to use. Let's see if this will do anything to jumpstart my weightloss.
Reebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #213  

I use Barlean's Swirls to flavor the Fage Greek yogurt. The full fat is creamy enough and smooth enough to make it taste like a dessert. Other people add berries to it and/or a little stevia. Others throw a little granola on top.

I have two StayFit EZ-Freeze containers that have a freezable part. They are O.K. , but not a "have to buy". One is divided into 3 compartments - a large and 2 small. The food placed in this one needs to be solids only, otherwise your foods will mix, but it does hold its own plastic spork and knife in its lid. The other is a bowl with a lid that has a few sections and a place for salad dressing or dip which has a separate lid, then a third lid. This one does not have a place for utensils.

The first can be used for wraps or sandwiches or leftovers or veggies and dip or celery and cream cheese. The other works okay for salad or yogurt and toppings. You could put other things in it, if you wanted to.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #214  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I am going to try to run my first 5K this year too! I actually have a race planned for June 11th! It is a race in my hometown that I always dreamed of running in. Im just waiting for spring to get training
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

I just ordered 2 of the Biggest Loser workout videos and hope to get them and start by 3/1. I am starting to get discouraged. I lost 6lbs the first week and this is my second week and I've already put 1lb back on. Wonder if that's going to be it for me. I'm hoping exercise will help.
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

I had a thought last night that I wonder if the S/C would be the same for everyone?? I know in WW sometimes you have to play with your points alittle to find exactly where you lose weight... do you think too little or too many s/c would play a part in this?

I am seriously considering switching back to WW after this week if I do not see a change in weight loss- with WW I could almost guarentee 2 lbs per week if I didn't cheat... I am not seeing that here and don't understand why if I am following the diet why its not working??

Anyone have thoughts on this?
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Dancingfish - I honestly believe different ways of eating work for different people. For me, this is working, I think, because I am prediabetic and because the carbs I was eating before were just empty, unhealthy. I do think programs like WW really help folks. Maybe that is the one for you. I have a friend who did BFC now for over a year. She does it a bit differently but stays within 15 sugars and 120 a day. She lost 35 pounds (she is barely 5 foot so that is a lot for her frame) and it took her a year. She knew she would lose more if she stuck to the 15/6 better, but made it very doable for her life and her family. She still eats this way and is very satisfied. I think there is not just one way for all of us to eat to be at our ideal weight. You have to find what works for you and give it your best. I like BFC because I get to enjoy a lot of good foods that are not typical diet foods. I think once I lose all of the weight I want to lose, I would like to add in more veggies and some fruit maybe that will keep me at that level? Anyway, don't beat yourself up. Give it a good try. Gauge how you feel - healthy, satisfied, starved, gaining, losing, and go from there. Immediate success is a wonderful high, but long term weight loss really is satisfying too. Read the meandjorge blog. It took her a long time and she looks great. Good luck to you and hope you find what works for you.
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

I definitely think each individual has to find their own magic number of carbs/sugars. I lost 6 lbs in week 1 and nothing in week 2. So, I have completely eliminated grains.... I eat lots of protein, protein shakes w/ almond milk, and lots of salads (with chicken salad on top and flax seeds or turkey, cheese, avocados and blue cheese, boiled eggs), broccoli (I cook it w butter and soy sauce and sometimes put cheese over it), and cauliflower (cook it then beat it with cream cheese, butter, and parm cheese)...and I don't limit how much. Wednesday will be a week on it, and I will weigh in and let you know how it goes. After only doing it for two days though, I can definitely tell that the weight is coming off again. P.S. I also occasionally drink low carb beer. A girls gotta have some fun, right??
shetide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #219  

Has anybody ever used the Tortilla Factory tortillas as a pizza crust? If so, did you pre-bake it before you added the toppings? I would love ideas.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #220  

I had just looked at the BFC again, and one of the things Jorge mentions in questions and answers, is to make sure to get plenty of fiber if you plateau. He suggests 25 to 30 grams per day.

That might mean eating more salads or having fiber drinks or green drinks or just having more veg at every meal and as snacks.

And don't forget the water!

I just read that adding lemon to your diet or apple cider vinegar helps reduce insulin spikes. Perhaps that is why several diets are recommending hot water with a quarter lemon first thing in the morning.

I have to figure out just how grain sensitive I am, too. I know I react to wheat. I've been trying to go gluten free to see if that has any impact, but achieving that is difficult, especially when eating out occasionally. One gluten free bread I tried contained corn, which I know my sister reacted to at one point, so I'm not sure that really helped. Right now I've found one that is brown rice.

Your solution of avoiding all grains, shetide1, may be better.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #221  

OK, so I tried the Tortilla Factory tortilla as a pizza crust and it was pretty ok. I don't really love them as tortillas, but as a pizza crust, yeah, it was ok. I put it in the oven plain for a few minutes (now i think I should have brushed it with some olive oil) to crisp it a bit. Then I added a tiny bit of classico pasta sauce and then cheese and then my meats, mushrooms, & spinach. Next time I want to try a white sauce instead of the tomato to make it more like a veggie delite from Papa Murphy's.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I really cut back on carbs this week and weighed in at 194 today. Jorge considers a 5-20 grams of carbs as a serving. Which could mean anywhere between 30 and 120 carbs per day not counting free carbs. Those under 5 grams like a pack of truvia. After several months on this plan I had reached a long plateau which could have been caused by too many carbs even though I was eating no way near 120 grams or all the sugar either. I cut way back this week and lost. There are a lot of posts about carb cycling which I haven't studied enough to totaly understand. The thing I do get from other's posts in all sections of 3FC is that when you plateau for weeks you might have to mix it up to start losing again as our bodies adapt to what we are doing.

If I have a complaint about BFC after following this thread for months it would be the unwarrented claims by Jorge of massive weight loss at the beginning of the diet. If it does happen it will happen most likely in men who are large and have not been watching their diet at all. Even so it will be mostly water weight. The loss the following week will usually be smaller or perhaps very small as your body resets it's water level to prevent dehydration. For people who are addicted to carbs and sugar as a fully believe I am. (just look at withdrawal and craving as a guide) This is a good plan. I can slowly lose weight and not give up because I am so frustrated by my deprivation or expectations. I think I have lost about 15-20 LBS since starting BFC. I believe that most people start dieting with the idea of dropping some weight preferably quickly and then plan to go back to less restrictive eating. I believe if I am going to maintain my weightloss I can't go back to previous levels of carbs and sugars. So this is a way of eating rather than a diet.

determined I have been squeezing lemon slices into my water bottles before I go to work. They taste great. I'm also trying to get five green teas. Usually two with caffeine and three decaffeinated

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-19-2011 at 09:35 AM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Well I jumped on the scale yesterday morning and was finally down 2 lbs. It's not much, but I'll take it! I really think I'm going to have to dig deep for some energy and exercise. I know the diet says you lose weight without it, but clearly that's not going to work for me. I turned forty this year so I think I have to wake up to the fact that my metabolism has slowed down and I'm going to have to work harder to lose weight....oh to be 20 again!!! :-)
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #224  

Kitty & Lulu - Congrats on your weight losses!!! Yes keep it up. Slow and steady wins the race. I totally agree this is a forever lifestlye for me, too. I should never go back to my old ways of mindlessly eating massive amounts of sugar. Now, when I have a square or two of the yummy dark chocolate, I cherish it as something special and truly enjoy its richness. I feel like I am treating myself well.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #225  

kittycarlson and lulu, congrats from me, too. Glad to hear the tweaking helps.

How low did you have to drop the carbs, kittycarlson?

And were you eating veggie carbs or grain carbs mainly?

Right now I'm reading Sugar Busters, Cut Sugar to Trim Fat, looking to see if I can glean any kernels of information that may help. Will let you know if I discover anything of interest.