Old 02-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #226  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Well im on day 4 I think it is... and i am down 4 1/2 lbs! finally i have hit a new low and i am finally off my plateau! I have even found im urinating more often and I swear i must be peeing out fat LOLOLOL. But keep in mind im doing a full tae Bo amped work out each day too which accordin gto my fit ness pal is worth about 840 calorie burn. I think i finally found my magic formula to shedding this weight again!! Its been a long 9 month plateau at 188.2!! (flucuated a bit up and down) today I was 184.0! and that was the morning after 3 pieces of meat lovers pizza which should have given me a lot of water retention so i expect monday to be great numbers
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #227  

What a great start, jasmtnljj!

I hope I got your name right. (Couldn't decide what the last 2 letters are with the line under or through them.)
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Yummy Bun Recipe

Hi Gals, I just tried a new recipe from Jamie at Your Lighter Side Blog for hamburger buns. At first I thought it was a little eggy, but it has grown on me. Here it is: In one bowl, put 3 egg whites with 1/8tsp cream of tartar and the other bowl 3 yolks with 3 oz cream cheese. First with a mixer, mix the whites until stiff. Then mix the yolks (you can add garlic, parmesan, or whatever in this to flavor - I made plain). After the yolks are combined fold in the whites, then make six even dollops on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake in a 300 oven for 30 minutes. They are beautiful. And, once I tried them with some Yumm sauce and cheese (didn't have a burger cooked yet) they taste pretty good. I think you can make them sweet by adding a sweetener to the yolks rather than garlic or parm or whatever. That sounds like a good dessert with whipped cream on top. So, if I calculate correctly, for two buns (top and bottom) the count would be 0/0. Zero sugar and only 2 carbs. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

determined, I cut out the grain and ate roasted cabbage, cauliflower, some rotel tomatos with scrambled eggs and cheese, some 85% chocolate for a snack, some chocolate and cinnamon almond milk, lots of cheese and summer sausage. I also had some aitkins candy bars that were covered in peanuts and were like a salted nut roll. I bought them a while back and they were in my desk at work. Anyway I kept eating the same thing over and over Mon-Thurs while I was out of town working. I didn't crave at all. But now that I've been home and having grains I want more carby food.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #230  
Amanda

just call me Amanda I weighed in again this morning- 182.4!!!! wowzers! i think in another week I just might be needing a belt on my pants! Between this diet and doing Tae Bo I have found my zone love it love it
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Amanda, What were you doing before BFC besides working out? You've lost quite a bit.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-20-2011 at 11:26 AM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #232  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Well I am down another 1.4 today. I'm weighing everyday as I think it helps keep me on track...and I'm obsessed, lol. Now I wish I knew what I weighed before hand.

Friday We had a professional development day at school and I wore something a bit more fitted than I normally do. Someone called me skinny!! my first NSV!
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #233  
Amanda

I do exercise videos every day.. For awhile it was various Biggest Loser ones and Jillian Michaels but this week I moved onto Billy Blanks- Tae Bo videos.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #234  
Amanda

what is NSV ? new skinny version?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #235  

NSV = non-scale victory

Well, today was a pretty rough day. For breakfast I had some steak, actually...leftovers from dinner with the boyfriend last night. Then I ate chocolate. BFC approved choc, but maybe more than I should have. Then, I ate some of my dads chili...tomatoes, peppers, onions, the whole deal. Had about two cups. It was made with fresh venison...yum
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #236  

Default Weekly weigh in

Hi Gals, So, I pretty much stuck to everything this week except I started drinking diet pepsi! I was addicted to it years ago because my work provided it for free. I kicked the habit and never had any until this last week. I am afraid I am addicted again. I tried the zevia and love it, but just can't afford to drink it daily. My goal this week is to go back to drinking my 64 oz of water first and then if I have done that, I will indulge in an unapproved diet pepsi. So here is the break down per week:
start 197
1/31 194
2/7 191.6
2/14 188.8
2/21 186.6
So, still losing at a decent rate and very happy for that!!! Thinking about doing a boot camp. Anybody else exercise that intensely while doing bfc? Jorge doesn't advise it while trying to lose weight. I can get a month for only $14 and don't want to pass it up. I also do zumba but have taken a break since the beginning of the year due to family being sick.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #237  
Amanda

Squirrel- I am doing Taebo which is a hour of intense work out. I am not quite to a week yet of BFC but I lost 3 lbs this week! I will keep doing both together
Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmtnljj View Post
Squirrel- I am doing Taebo which is a hour of intense work out. I am not quite to a week yet of BFC but I lost 3 lbs this week! I will keep doing both together
Amanda, thank you for your info. That is encouraging. Back in the fall (before BFC) I did 60 of the 90 days of p90x and GAINED 8 pounds. Everybody told me it was muscle, but still who really wants to gain weight?? Anyway, you have encouraged me. Your stats on the side of your message are similar to mine so it will be neat to see if we have any patterns that are similar. I am more apple shaped. I was skinny (almost too skinny) until I met my husband 14 years ago. That started lots of bad habits: staying up late and eating whatever I want at 2 in the morning, drinking sodas, getting a desk job. I gained 30 pounds in just a matter of a few months and went up from there. Now, I know I have a lot of muscle under this fat. My eight year old has CP and I have to lift him a lot. I joke that I have trucker's arms from all of the lifting. The rest of the fat is in the tummy area. I seem to look pregnant without being pregnant. That is the worst. I feel good losing weight and hope that this way of eating will get rid of my tummy and the bootcamp too without "gaining muscle". I do have to say that I LOVE some of the foods we get to eat (alfredo sauce!!!!! dark chocolate, to name a few). Good luck to you, Amanda, and good luck to all you other gals. I have grown to depend on reading the posts for encouragement and ideas!!! Thank you, Gals!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #239  

So I went to a new (to me) shop in town, another health food store. I picked up a few things, but STILL cannot find the maltitol syrup to make the brownies in his book...anyone know what I can do for a substitute? I found a box mix, and I plan on trying it, but the very last ingredient is sucralose.

I went to Costco to get m Crystal Light, and I'm taking the fact that they were out as a sign to switch over to True Lemon. I picked up two products, True Lemonade and the actual True Lemon. I'm assuming I can just add some of my stevia to the True Lemon. The Lemonade version is just True Lemon with stevia apparently.

I picked up some Xylitol...I found it bulk and bought a little. Not sure what I'll use it in. Also got some unsweetened almond milk, both regular and chocolate.

Can I freeze the unused portion of the almond milk? I will not go through an entire container in a week.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #240  

I've contemplated trying to make some kind of treat by freezing the unsweetened almond milk in an ice cream machine with a bit of stevia (and cinnamon). Has anyone tried anything like this? And if so, do you have any suggestions?
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote