Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello all,

I am new to this program. I started yesterday and it seems to be something that I can stick to. The only problem that I have is that I am a "weigher". I weigh all the time because if I don't see immediate results, I will panic or give up. I want this to be different though. So I will try my best to only weigh once a week. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please let me know. Thanks you all.

Last edited by koam; 02-09-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

I have to say, I went out on the weekend and bought that Ezechial (sp??) bread that was in the book. I really really don't like it. I'll eat it this week but I'm going back to my light rye bread, which is just more satisfying to me.

I'm having no problem sticking to the diet so far this week, despite the fact that I came home last night from work to find my older daughter baking chocolate chip cookies! The most annoying part of that was that she used most of my butter and some of my soy flour in her recipe (we were low on reg. flour). I get so angry when the kids waste my diet supplies on things I can't eat! :-)

Oh, and speaking of anger....I strangely find myself feeling slightly more angry when I'm off sugar. May be a bit of withdrawal still from lack of sugar
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

All I can say is stay away from the scale! Pick one day and use your scale that day-- Maybe put it away (in a closet) so its not staring at you. ALSO measure yourself...sometimes pounds don't come off but inches do.. And remember these pounds didn't come on all in one day so they aren't going to come off all in one day... I make it a point to think I want to loose 8 lbs every month... some weeks I loose nothing--some alot-some I go up but if I can loose 8lbs each month I am moving toward my goal.. Maybe you should adopt a goal for yourself that will help you not be so scale addicted?

Good Luck!!
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks dancingfish. Great advice. You are absolutely right and I'm going to stay off that scale. I did my measurements as well and plan to track w/ lbs and inches. Thanks again.

Last edited by koam; 02-09-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: grammar
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Happy hump day! Today is my official weigh in day for my first week...I lost 6 lbs! None of those pounds are since Sunday! I could get down, but I had told myself when I began that I would be happy with a 2 lb weight loss every week....average. That is 25 pounds before Easter! Wow! But when you look at it on the scale and don't see the little hand moving, it is difficult!! I have read the meandjorge blog from the beginning....honestly, it was a little discouraging because I eat WAAAAYY more than she does/did. She didn't lose 4-9 pounds a week either....but look where she is now. Just a couple pounds a week.... Yal would freak out if I told you how much food I ate this week....I have never been free'er and I have never ate so much...but I never went over my sugars and carbs. I have kept a log, if anyone wants to share our food daily intake...lets do it...I think it helps to see what everyone else is eating. Let's just say, at this point, I could not survive on what 'Amber' eats.
But it's still working for me!

determined: way to go on your success! Have you found any food or beverage that seems to stall your loss? Would love to find out from you and everyone!

reebee: keep up the good work! don't give up after a couple cream puffs!! did you watch biggest loser last night????? arthur ate 35 pieces of chocolate!!! seriously??? and he lost 9 pounds. keep it up. don't give up. temptations will come and go.

destinyscribe: way to go! you are an inspiration

lnm130: you have to quit thinking low calorie and start thinking low sugar...it's sometimes hard to make that leap, but once you get it, I bet you will find plenty of things in your house you can eat! hamburgers, hotdogs...coffee with cream....

koam: i love to weigh myself also....BUT, there are so many factors...salt...exercise...water intake...etc...you just have to get it in your head that any loss is a plus in the direction you are going!

dancingfish: I think it's awesome that you can still eat party food and have wine and STILL lose weight...okay it's a half pound...but thats 26 pounds in a year, while eating and drinking and not being deprived! You go girl with your .5 lb loss. I can honestly say that after most superbowls I would have gained 5 pounds!!!

Squirrel: Great job on your weight loss!! I actually used to have problems with things moving along, but I think starving myself played a part in that!!! I have tried benefiber in the past, to no avail. BUT on this plan, I always have lots of carbs and sugars left over, so I am not afraid to use them them up with lettuce. I LOOOOOOVVVVE the Butter lettuce mix. It is not bitter, it is sweet and you can load it with olive oil or whatever. I eat a bag a day (in wraps or all by itself)..and lets just say that although it doesn't have a huge fiber count....it moves things right along!!! and it feels very natural.

lulu: I can't call you fatlulu because you are not! I like to partake in adult beverages as well...I either drink miller lite or gin and diet tonic...but when I know that I am going to have more than two, I limit my carbs and sugars for the whole day...basically I go atkins for the day and it works.

Okay...so hope to hear from you guys and would love to share menus of what we eat every day to see what works, get ideas, and be honest!!! I eat LOTS!!!!
shetide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #156  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

shetide1, thanks for the encouragement. I guess I got excited because I was eating my slim jim today as a snack between classes and the school secretary said it wasnt low sugar. I mean, the package says 0g, so am I ok? The sugar free pudding says 0g as well, but is on the belly bad side of his book.

I'm liking that I can really eat anything, but I don't have the support at home to stay low-sugar, low carb. Just me, myself, and I. I'm glad I found this website!
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 227/204.5/140

Height: 5'6"

Great job shetide1!! Keep up the good work. Last week (my original week 1) I didn't write anything down. I just counted it in my head. I was a little discouraged because I hadn't lost any weight. Starting this past Monday (2/7) I started writing down everything I ate. It helps to look at it on paper to see exactly how many carbs and sugars I eat. I have a sweet tooth like a mofo. The sugar free red vines are wonderful! I also found a great sugar free chocolate bar at Albertson's. It's called "Fifty". It comes in crunch, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. I found it in the "diabetic section". A serving size is 7 pieces. For one serving there are 16g of carbs and 1g of sugar. I only eat 2 pieces so for me, it's 0/0. It does contain sucralose though. To tell you all the truth, I tried Truvia and Stevia, and I just don't get the "sweetness" from Truvia that Splenda or Sweet N Low gives me. Stevia actually made my stomach upset and gave me awful headaches. At this point, I can't give up soda totally. I drink diet soda. I was having 3-4 a day. I have cut it down tremendously though, now I have 1 every 1-2 days. For me, that's huge! Plus, looking at the info for Zevia, it's 0/1. I don't want to waste one of my carbs on a "soda".
Koam, I too am a "weigher". I weigh myself every morning! I shouldn't, but I can't help it. Luckily for me, I am very "regular". After "going to the bathroom", I weigh myself butt-naked. I was told that your morning weight is your "true" weight.
All of these weight loss posts are encouraging. Keep up the great work everyone!

p.s.
I really need to stop watching Food Network! It makes me hungry.

Last edited by Reebee; 02-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Reebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #158  

Hi lnm...I understand the no support at home...I have a dh(does that stand for dumb husband? i really don't know), who doesn't want me to lose weight. I also have a 2 and 3 year old, so obviously they eat a lot of sugar and carbs and are little skeletons. That's why we are all here...support...so ask away. The big thing with the low sugar thing on this diet is that you can't have splenda or aspartame, etc because it increases your desire for more sweet things, so check that out on the labels. So..just because the pudding says no sugar, it probably has splenda or aspartame as the sweetener. You have to retrain your brain to stop looking for lowfat, low sugar, diet foods...most of the foods I eat on this plan are not diet. You can have fats, just no sugar...and once you make that connection you will find that the fat is fulfilling...along with the protein, etc..and you don't really need the sugar. Hope this helps and good luck. We are all here for you.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #159  

reebee...i am/was the ultimate diet coke fanatic.....i have actually gone without them for 6 days and haven't really noticed. Oh, other than I WANT TO BITE everyones head off at any given moment...but that could be the sugar, right? and this too will pass? I had a zevia black cherry last night for the first time..and wow...and i had to go in a room by myself...that good! But having said that, it is not possible to have 13G of carbs without any calories, so something on that label is amiss, and I know I can't have those often...but wow. I found them at my kroger in the health food section. I really think that if I hadn't been a soda drinker, I would have still loved it. That good. Anyways....if anyone has any thoughts or experiences on the zevia...would love to hear!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #160  

S/C/G: S/217 C/197 G/175

Height: 5"11

Quick question....what kind of pasta is everyone eating; if any? I was going to buy some called Dreamfields and was just wondering if anyone has tried it or if there is something better I should look for.
Thanks
TallBikerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I've had whole wheat pasta one time but I think a serving was like 1/2 cup and that was like 30 some grams of carbs plus the marinera sauce. This happened during the holidays when I was off plan. I haven't had any since too high carb for me. I have heard some people talk about spagetti squash in some posts stating it is good.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I just looked up dreamfields and it looks like they have something called (protected carbs) so claim a net carb count as 5. The package gives 41 grams of carbs. Not sure what jorge thinks about protected carbs.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

I haven't been brave enough to do pasta or rice yet. I'm so afraid of going over my 6 carb portions that I think I don't think I'm eating enough carbs. I guess I'm just nervous that when I weigh in for week two on Monday that the scale will show zero weight loss so I'm playing it safe. I've dine the Atkins diet so many times it's almost instinctual to avoid carbs. I'm sure if I have a decent weigh in I'll start adding a little pasta/rice.

Oh and please feel free to call me Lulu....clearly I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I created my username :-)
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #164  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Thanks for all the support, folks. I need it. I'm liking that I can really eat anything I want, and today I turned down a cookie. That is HUGE for me! I looked at the back of my pudding, and it has malltitol and sorbitol, no wonder I had gas...and then at the very bottom it has sucralose. So that's why it's "belly bad".

My slimjim has corn syrup, but not high fructose...so I don't know if thats ok or not.

If I drink pop, I drink diet ginger ale or pepsi max. I know the pepsi max is out, due to ingredients, and we are out of diet ginger ale so I won't be drinking any of that.

The worst part is, I live at home as it is my first year teaching. I live with my dad and two brothers, and they all eat whatever they want, whenever.

I was thin once...I'll be thin again. I won't let myself get on the scale...I become obsessed. Massively. So I will just judge it by how my clothes fit. Right now? Tight
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #165  

Smile New to BFC

Hi everyone,

I'm starting BFC today and I'm glad to find this thread. I have been on Atkins Induction -kind of- for the past two weeks. I find it a bit too restrictive for me and I am missing my favorites - hash browns, french fries, etc. I actually dreamed that I was eating potato chips one night!

I like the whole low carb idea though so I want to avoid going back to my sugar and carb overload eating ways. BFC looks wonderful to me. I was so happy to see a small serving of hash browns in the book, then to see the BFC mac and cheese and so many other goodies -wow! Now this looks a whole lot more appealing than the more restrictive carb plan so count me in on BFC.

Thank you for sharing your experiences because I am very encouraged to read your posts and see how successful your experiences have been.

I don't go shopping until tomorrow but since I've been on the other low carb plan I should be okay until then. DH is not low carbing but I am working on getting his sugar/carb intake down too since it's just not good for us. I was so surprised when I made him a cup of tea and he requested Truvia in it instead of sugar. That is a really big deal. I think DH will like the BFC too since I'll be eating more "normal".
Shirlangel is offline   Reply With Quote