Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Hopeful1983,

I'm just going to answer part of your questions, since I don't use Jorge's recipes at all (although I think everything pictured/listed for the recipe is included in the S/C value). A serving of carbohydrates is up to 20 grams and anything under 5 grams isn't counted as a serving.

So for instance, 2 oz of Barilla whole grain pasta, which is a serving on the box, is 41 grams of carbohydrates, or 3 servings on the BFC. Since we are supposed to stay under 2 servings of carbohydrates per meal, I eat less than 2 oz of pasta in a meal. For example, for dinner tonight I had 1.4 oz of whole-grain pasta with 1/4 cup low-sugar pasta sauce and 1 cup of broccoli, which is 3.9/2 on the BFC.

I haven't been eating fruit very much, partially because it is mostly out of season. In the spring/summer I may try to fit more in in small servings or go off-plan. I have occasionally had some blueberries and avocado this winter, in small portions. The nutritionist I saw last week was OK with me not eating much fruit as long as I have a variety of vegetables - same as what Jorge says in the book.

I have noticed slimming in various body parts, not just my stomach. I also did not experience the huge weight-loss that the book advertises in the first week or so, but I have been pleased with my progress.

ERHR
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

A day in the life of Lulu....

Breakfast: two slices of light rye toast, two eggs, coffee with almond milk (sugar free)

Lunch: left over meat from the night before (a pork chop, or hamburg etc.), on a cup of baby spinach, w/ feta cheese. Sometimes 1/2 whole wheat pita.

Snack1: 1/3 cup Greek yogurt w/7 blackberries
Snack2: cheese string w/10 almonds

Dinner: meat (steak, hamburg, pork chops etc), two cups of salad w/oil/vin. Dressing, or sometimes broccoli, or asparagus (dark greens).

Drinks during the day: two more coffees and water from noon till bed time. I don't like pop.

That's it. That's my day. I welcome feedback on what I'm doing wrong.
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #183  

Oh, I should add that on Friday and Saturday I add two or three glasses of wine. And on weekends I add bacon to breakfast.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/137

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day Everybody! Doing my Monday morning update. I am down to 188.8!!!! Do I say I broke 190s or broke 180s? I am so excited even after 2 days of crazy eating and temptations! How do I put a signature in?

Start 197
1/31/11 194
2/7/11 191.6
2/14/11 188.8
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #185  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! I have done ok sticking to the plan. This weekend threw a couple curve balls at me, and I ended up eating Papa Johns Pizza Saturday night. I made the boyfriend get thin crust, and stayed close to OP.

Today...will be a challenge. I'm on lunch right now, but in an hour I will be bombarded with candy and chips and sugary drinks. I just keep reminding myself that I have plenty of BFC approved dark chocolate at home.

I want to weigh myself, but am afraid. I haven't weighed myself since mid summer. I'm so ashamed of how I look now
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #186  

Valentines Day is hard to stay on track. I know my husband is cooking tonight, so I have to tried to eat well all day, in preparation for his meal tonight..haha!

The s/c value for the recipes, is that 1 serving, or does that include all 4 serving?
Hopeful1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #187  

That's per serving.

I have survived Valentine's Day. My kids gave me all sorts of sweets. They've already been moved far, far away from me. There are a couple things I've kept...but I'm going to try to get rid of them before I leave for the day.

Where can you buy things like liquid Xylitol for baking and such?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

I have been able to find most things...pirates booty, chocolate unsw almond milk, jay robb protein shakes, etc in the health food/organic food section at Kroger. I was buying Amy's pizza's (thin crust), but recently found that Kroger's brand of thin crust pizza (private select) is much cheaper and I can have half a pizza and still stay within the limits (not that I eat that much, but I love knowing that I can! )

Do yal have any favorite things to eat that you want to share??? So far, I enjoy my unsw choc almond milk (shaken with a pack or two of stevia or a jay robb scoopful)...tastes like yummy choc milk and is so satisfying. I like to bake well seasoned chicken, chop it up, and mix with mayo and avocados (great fiber source) and eat by itself or in a flatbread. Yum. I also love a boca burger (or any burger for that matter), chopped up and served on lettuce w cheese and sour cream and chipotle tobasco. Sometimes I roll it up in a flatbread also. Broccoli cheese soup is a staple, as well as spinach and parmesan omelets. If I am going to deny myself sweets, chocolates, etc, I definitely want to allow myself the pleasure of eating the things we are allowed. Would love to hear some great yummy foods that yal like to eat.

Happy Valentines day! It was hard to turn down the Godiva from the hubby, but I know it wouldn't be worth it. I'll have lobster and butter instead Hope yal do great today!
shetide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #189  

What broccoli cheese soup do you like? Spinach and parm omelets sound amazing!

I've looked in every store and can't seem to find the Xylitol. I'll keep checking.

I'll have to try the unsw choc almond milk.

I found some frozen chicken patties at trader joes today. I've been eating these chicken and cheese quesadillas for lunch at work with a salad. I picked up some tortillas for tacos and some bacon for breakfast.

I love that we get to eat all these foods!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning / afternoon all,

I just wanted to give an update of my progress. Yesterday was the last day of my first week and I am down 6lbs exactly. I only lost like .6 in the last 2 days. I was hoping for a little more, but am totally satisfied with the program so far. I'm sticking to it!! I'm having 2 tacos from Taco Bell today for lunch, since the book says that it's ok. But I'm back to my usual tomorrow. I hope that I can keep this type of progress up for a long time. Can anyone share with me the average weight loss per week after a couple of weeks into the program? I'm so afraid that the weight loss will slow down to a crawl soon. I can't afford to only lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. I have SOOOOOO much to lose.

thesquirrel
Great going!!!!

shetide1
Wow!! great choices. I'll have to try some of them.

lnm130
Don't be ashamed. Don't be sad. We have the tools to lose what we need to lose. Unlike those who don't have any clue on how to lose. Did you get on the scale to see your progress yet?

I'm trying to stay off the scale, but I still haven't been able to shake that habit of weighing daily. But I'm working on it.

have a great day all!!!!

Last edited by koam; 02-15-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: changes
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #191  

I haven't gotten on the scale yet, as my mornings are so rushed and I refuse to weigh myself at night.

My dad did say I look different, and the ring on my right ring finger slides right off now. I like seeing my body change
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #192  

S/C/G: S/217 C/197 G/175

Height: 5"11

Today I made it to "Onderland"! Haven't been here in 10 years....woot woot!
TallBikerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBikerBabe View Post
Today I made it to "Onderland"! Haven't been here in 10 years....woot woot!
Congrats! That's awesome!

I found a new favorite thing...Trader Joe's Chipotle Garlic Salsa. Yummy! I put it on EVERYTHING.

So I need to weigh myself. I've got the urge. I want to do it privately, and since I still live at home, those moments are fleeting. I want to do it in the bathroom, but it is carpeted...is that bad? Maybe I'll stick it in the bath tub...

And....I CANNOT give up my Crystal Light. I just stop drinking water. It is the only artificial sweetner I use.

I've been doing pretty well...have to get better at keeping track at home. I think I went a bit over last night with my chocolate.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #194  

well just went on the scale again this morning and not a single pound lost. I may even be up a pound or two...I just don't get it. I've never ever had this happen on a diet. I'm starting to think I should make a doctors appointment. I've done the Atkins diet with great success, I've done WW, again success, herbal magic..etc all of them I've lost weight on. But suddenly this one, not a single pound.

I posted what I eat in a day, mabye if someone could comment on it and let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

two slices rye toast w/butter

One cheese string

1 cup of iceburg lettuce with evoo salt and pepper. topped with one small boneless skinless chicken breast chopped up.

two pork chops and 1 cup of mixed veggies

water and coffee.

Now this is a day where I've eaten a little less than normal because I was so darn busy, but I think that even calorie wise my diet is pretty good. I just don't get it!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #195  

I don't know that I see enough protein in your post. You really need protein in the morning, also.