Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 166/166/140

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I'll up the protein. I was thinking of going full blown atkins for a week and cutting out carbs completely but I really want this diet to work. It seems so perfect. I get just enough carbs to keep me satisfied. I'm wondering if my constant yo-yoing has finally done my metabolism in.
Fatlulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

no expert here-- heck I only lost .5 lbs last week sooooo-- but maybe cut out the bread and replace it with hard boiled eggs for the protein? Other than that look at portion control and either up or down it.... and keep drinking water!
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #198  

My two pieces of rye bread are sooooo satisfying. If I take that out then I really am back on the Atkins diet. Which is fine I guess, but it's not a diet one can really stick to. I suffer through eating eggs, almost like a punishment. I only started eating them again because of the diet, but I can only eat them a couple times a week.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

no expert here either, but it doesn't sound like you are eating enough. They say that can backfire. I couldn't stick to this if I were eating that little. Maybe try eating a lot more of the foods you are allowed...meat, almond milk, etc. Good luck and don't give up!
shetide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #200  

Hi, all!

This isn't strictly BFC but going below a certain number of calories puts your body in starvation mode, and it won't lose any weight.

Generally, one of the things that is suppose to help weight loss is eliminating insulin spikes. Always pair carbs with proteins and/or fats or eat slow carbs. Most breads are fast carbs though some types of rye may be better than some.

You need to get enough protein so that your muscles aren't cannibalized. You also need to eat enough carbs for the same reason.

Water is also critical.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #201  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

Well, I bought a scale...this way I don't have to do it in the cold cold basement.

Lulu - Add some eggs in the morning, maybe. I have a new favorite breakfast that I fix at school. I don't like to eat right after I get up. I get a mug, put in two eggs and one wedge of laughing cow cheese. Add a couple of slices of bacon as a side. I throw the eggs and cheese in the microwave at work right before I go pick up my students. It holds me from 8-12. Sometimes I'll have string cheese as a snack at 1030.

What are your portable, low 'point', snacks? I feel like I frequently get stuck out without anything. I don't like nuts, but I also don't like starving myself until I get home, either. I'm looking for something that does not need to be refrigerated.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #202  

I weighed myself this morning, 172. Yikes. It can only get better from here. Fridays will be my official weigh in day.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #203  

well my stubborn streak is kicking in and I refuse to be beaten by this diet! :-) I'm just going to stick with it and not fret about the lack of weight loss at this point. My husband brought up a good point last night. He said, " you're eating food you like, getting quantities that keep you full, and you're not putting on weight" so point taken, I'll just eat this way because it's the healthy thing to do, to cut out the sugar and bad carbs.

I'm going to increase my water, up my portions of proteins (although I don't feel hungry at all). I'm truly not starving myself!

Lnm, don't fall into my trap of weighing in before your week is up! You end of feeling terrible when you haven't lost weight.

I'm interested in some portable low point snacks too. I'm munching on some almonds right now and not enjoying it. I have a cheese string sitting beside me and it's not looking appetizing either since I had cheese and meat for lunch.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #204  

Oh I know, Lulu. I just hadn't weighed myself in about 9 months. Just wanted to see where I'm at. It's just depressing to see how many pounds I have yet to go.

The problem with string cheese is that it must be kept cold. I need something besides nuts that I can keep in my purse for emergencies.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

lulu and lmn, I just had lunch/snack of a couple of pieces of cervelot and cheese. I'm going to the microwave now to warm up some fried roasted cabbage. I also have some Lindt 90% chocolate in my desk and can have a square if I want to. I bring a little cooler to work with me and keep it under my desk so if I want to eat I can. Later I'll have some home made dill dip and cauliflower. I don't even unload the cooler just take it home with me and add new blue ice packages restock and grab it on my way to work in the AM. At night I switch the ice again. other things I enjoy are deviled eggs, celery and cream cheese, brie, etc.

Last edited by kittycarlson; 02-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #206  

I need something that requires no refrigeration or cooler. I would like to find something that I can keep in my car, keep in my purse. Something quick and easy. I too bring a cooler to work. And at work, that's fine. But out running errands? Not so much. And I don't want to depend on fast food either.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 173.5/151/130

Height: 5.4

My favorite snacks right now:

Pepperoni slices
String cheese
Nuts
Celery with spread cheese in it
Cheese-its
Little meat slices wrapped in cheese slices

I just bought today 2 kinds of yogart-
Siggis-Islandic style skyr- grapefruit flavor 9sugars/11carbs not bad tasting
I also bought the greek yogart-FAGE that Jorge talks about...alittle worried about that--no flavor--I can do fruited yogart but plain???? we will see

ohhh and I tried the Dreamfields pasta last night for the first time. Tasted fine but seriously 2oz (or 1/2 cup dry) is a snack!! not a meal....I am not sure how he gets the S/C in his book for it unless he is counting the fiber against the carbs???

I have tried really hard to only do 2 carb servings a day and about 4 sugars-- that way if I miss counting something I am ok... I just found out the cream cheese I was using had a sugar gram in it! UGHHH I guess thats why I leave plenty of room for mistakes...
dancingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

hi all,

tallbikerbabe.
You go girl!!!

fatlulu.
Sorry darlin. Wish I could help, but I'm not doing too good myself. I don't know what I'm doing wrong either. I gained 1/2 a pound. Wish I had some ideas I could share with you.

kittycarlson.
If you don't mind me asking, how long has it taken you to lose what you've lost so far on this diet? Looks like you've had pretty good success.

Last edited by koam; 02-17-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 282/277/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Does anyone exercise on this diet?
koam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #210  

I wanted to start exercising but I just don't have the energy yet. The weather should be improving soon so I'll start walking.