Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Cheating voids your contract. Even forgetting to eat all the required foods at a meal voids your contract. I did not eat an orange once when I was on previous menu and they said I went "off plan". Void. Trust me...they pay very close attention to what you say and your food sheet and make a note of it in your file.
I should have read my contract better. I did not know that it voided the contract. But that is just the guarantee part, right? (where they say I will lose 40 lbs in 17 weeks). I already know I'm not going to lose the 40 lbs in 17 weeks because of all the "parties, Christmas Teas, dinners, etc." that the holiday season has brought on.
I joined Labor Day weekend and when I think back on it, I picked the hardest time of the year to diet.....weekend festivals....halloween....thanksgiving....christma s.....new year's...wow
But nonetheless, I am glad because once I make it through the holidays, it should be "hard core" dieting and exercising for the months of Jan & Feb. At least the rest of the world will be with me
Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
I should have read my contract better. I did not know that it voided the contract. But that is just the guarantee part, right? (where they say I will lose 40 lbs in 17 weeks). I already know I'm not going to lose the 40 lbs in 17 weeks because of all the "parties, Christmas Teas, dinners, etc." that the holiday season has brought on.
I joined Labor Day weekend and when I think back on it, I picked the hardest time of the year to diet.....weekend festivals....halloween....thanksgiving....christma s.....new year's...wow
But nonetheless, I am glad because once I make it through the holidays, it should be "hard core" dieting and exercising for the months of Jan & Feb. At least the rest of the world will be with me
This is just a little humor I discovered this morning. I weighed this morning and then washed my hair and went back to bed to give it 15 minutes to towel dry. When I got back up I weighed again and gained a pound. I thought how could that happen. I have not eaten or drank anything. Really bummed about it. So I blow dryed my hair and then weighed again. BINGO. My wet hair caused me to gain a pound.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
This is just a little humor I discovered this morning. I weighed this morning and then washed my hair and went back to bed to give it 15 minutes to towel dry. When I got back up I weighed again and gained a pound. I thought how could that happen. I have not eaten or drank anything. Really bummed about it. So I blow dryed my hair and then weighed again. BINGO. My wet hair caused me to gain a pound.
That is hillarious I WI last night and it was pouring cats and dogs, I wonder if I would have lost another pound had I not been wet Even so, I lost 3 lbs and I am very happy with that.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #139  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Hello loves!

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I think it's been almost a month since I've stopped by and I'm sure there are many many new faces. I've been so busy but I just was thinking of everyone over at my favorite site and thought I should see who was still hanging out and what everyone was up to.

It was a balmy -20 in Colorado today and I can't say I'm happy about it but it is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hope everyone is well!

Denise
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #140  

Height: 5'6''

iluvindiana - yes, thats the only part of the contract that is voided. I voided mine a billion times in the first week or something I'm sure. Whatever. I'll survive.

Too funny with the wet hair weight gain. I did think about if the wet cuffs on my jeans were gonna weigh me down or not...but I don't think they were wet enough to effect that. Oh well, I'll just have to lose the weight the real way
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

The posts here are so inspiring! I have my consultation appointment tomorrow morning at 9:30 - can't wait to find out if they have any great deals going on in my area.

And I'm also looking forward to hearing about the gaurantee! I'll be sure to check this site often as already I'm getting lots of great info and tips!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #142  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by not going to give up View Post
It is funny to see this post, I had an experience this week like that. It has been extremely cold here and I wore a heavy sweater to work and then to my WI - where I was told I gained a pound. I have been completely OP, so I was very upset. Later that night I was telling a friend about it and she told me it could have been the clothes I was wearing. So, I weighed myself with the sweater and without - for a difference of a 1.5 pounds! I guess I am going to have to start wearing the same thing every week for WI! Anyone else have this happen to them?

I am fairly new to the site, and don't get to post much, but wanted to thank all of you regulars for your posts! They help answer questions and motive me more than I ever imagined!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Hello loves!

I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I think it's been almost a month since I've stopped by and I'm sure there are many many new faces. I've been so busy but I just was thinking of everyone over at my favorite site and thought I should see who was still hanging out and what everyone was up to.

It was a balmy -20 in Colorado today and I can't say I'm happy about it but it is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hope everyone is well!

Denise
WOW I am very impressed with your weight loss and dedication. You truly are an inspiration. Too bad I can't get to your blog from this "blocked" computer, I would love to see your trials, tribulations through this process.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #144  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchLizzie View Post
The posts here are so inspiring! I have my consultation appointment tomorrow morning at 9:30 - can't wait to find out if they have any great deals going on in my area.

And I'm also looking forward to hearing about the gaurantee! I'll be sure to check this site often as already I'm getting lots of great info and tips!

Congratulations on the start of your new journey. What center are you going to? I'm quite sure they are running a special right now; usually it's a really good one too!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #145  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBenson View Post
It is funny to see this post, I had an experience this week like that. It has been extremely cold here and I wore a heavy sweater to work and then to my WI - where I was told I gained a pound. I have been completely OP, so I was very upset. Later that night I was telling a friend about it and she told me it could have been the clothes I was wearing. So, I weighed myself with the sweater and without - for a difference of a 1.5 pounds! I guess I am going to have to start wearing the same thing every week for WI! Anyone else have this happen to them?

I am fairly new to the site, and don't get to post much, but wanted to thank all of you regulars for your posts! They help answer questions and motive me more than I ever imagined!

Let me tell you.... before I would leave my house, I would find the lightest clothes possible to weigh in with! And, I would try to always weigh in the same clothes so I had consistency.... didn't work well with the seasons changing but again, that's when you find light clothes to wear! At my center, there are women that change into the same weigh in clothes when they get there (shorts, t shirt). Whatever works!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #146  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
WOW I am very impressed with your weight loss and dedication. You truly are an inspiration. Too bad I can't get to your blog from this "blocked" computer, I would love to see your trials, tribulations through this process.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. My blog has my peer inspiration speech on it and it details my journey. It has been an amazing experience in which I found myself and I'm so happy I made the decision to take my life back.

I wish the same for you.

If you can't get to the blog, I can send you the speech.... just p/m me your email address. It's very long so I don't think I should post it here.

Last edited by namaste; 12-09-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 210/189/144

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Let me tell you.... before I would leave my house, I would find the lightest clothes possible to weigh in with! And, I would try to always weigh in the same clothes so I had consistency.... didn't work well with the seasons changing but again, that's when you find light clothes to wear! At my center, there are women that change into the same weigh in clothes when they get there (shorts, t shirt). Whatever works!
Hi Namaste! I met you last Thursday at the Center. I was the late sign up that night. I will be coming in tonight for my first WI and check in visit. I can't wait! I'm excited. Will you be there tonight? - Kristi Hill (the photographer)
Old 12-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #148  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliyat View Post
Hi Namaste! I met you last Thursday at the Center. I was the late sign up that night. I will be coming in tonight for my first WI and check in visit. I can't wait! I'm excited. Will you be there tonight? - Kristi Hill (the photographer)
Hi Kristi! Of course I remember you!!! I'm so glad to see you on the forum. How's your first week been going? You're almost through pre-conditioning and should be feeling pretty good now; more energy? I'm excited for you and yes, I will be there tonight so I can't wait to see you and give you a hug!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #149  
Melissa

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Namaste -
I just visited your blog and I have to say you are quite an inspiration! Congratulations on all of your success with the scale and in your life! All I can say is WOW! You are beautiful!

I have heard there are some ladies at our center that strip down to the undies to WI - I don't want to get that crazy, but the idea of a consistent outfit to change into(since I leave work to WI) is a good idea - much better than wearing the same outfit every Mon & Thurs to work!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #150  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBenson View Post
Namaste -
I just visited your blog and I have to say you are quite an inspiration! Congratulations on all of your success with the scale and in your life! All I can say is WOW! You are beautiful!

I have heard there are some ladies at our center that strip down to the undies to WI - I don't want to get that crazy, but the idea of a consistent outfit to change into(since I leave work to WI) is a good idea - much better than wearing the same outfit every Mon & Thurs to work!
Thank you Mrs Benson. Like I said, it's been an amazing journey. Very insightful and every step had so much power for me.

Yes, I think taking the clothes is a good idea; just take some lightweight shorts and a tshirt. I see people do it all the time. That way you know that your weight, is your weight... not your clothes. And if you weigh in the evening, be consistent. I've seen people that weigh on Saturday morning, then Wednesday night and it creates a mental rollercoaster even though that's not really whats going on.... they are weighing in the morning, with no food/water/exercise, then come back and weigh in the evening later in the week, with food/water/exercise and of course they are up.... I am consistently 3-4lbs heavier in the evening.

BTW, I think you might start to get whispers at work if you do the whole "same outfit" every Mon and Thurs so good plan on the extra clothes!

Closed Thread