Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #1  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default December thread

Can't believe it is already December. Glad Thanksgiving is over. I too ate off plan and paid for it dearly Saturday evening and felt absolutely horrible. Hopefully I will remember how badly I felt and won't eat like that again!

Congratulations to everyone on all your losses and NSV's!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I decided for Thanksgiving that I wasn't going to cook all that food and spend all those hours in the kitchen just to not be able to enjoy it. I ate small portions of everything I wanted and went directly back OP the next day. Went to WI yesterday and was down 1.5 lb. Probably shoulda been 2.5 or 3 but I'll take it. I earned my 3 free weeks of program. Anyone else get that offered? If we went to WI on last Wed and then again by yesterday and lost weight we got 3 free weeks. Even if we gained but took the time to come those days, we got 1 free week.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I just want to wish everyone a great month of losing!!! This is a tough month to lose in due to all the Holiday Parties and family get-togethers. All the baked goods and home-made candy!!! The wine at dinner and parties and to bring in the New Year with....it's going to test us each and everyday. So good luck. Let's all support each other more than ever this month and post as often as we can. I think reading our posts will help us stay OP and know there will be "blue sky" ahead. GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #4  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Lol, my thanksgiving went totally astray. I kept good on the veggies and small portions on carbs and had lean protein, but went NUTS on the desserts!!! I felt so horrible afterwards, pumpkin pies are my weakness...lol I had a good breakfast, didn't eat anything else until dinner. I snacked a lil inbetween.. So, I'm glad it's over and it's back to the calorie counting and work outs!! I felt like i was going to explode after i got done scarfing all the sweets... :| bleh.. i hate temptations!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #5  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Also, my new years resolution this year is to meet my goal weight by the next new years! I think i can do it! It's alot of effort!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #6  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
I decided for Thanksgiving that I wasn't going to cook all that food and spend all those hours in the kitchen just to not be able to enjoy it. I ate small portions of everything I wanted and went directly back OP the next day. Went to WI yesterday and was down 1.5 lb. Probably shoulda been 2.5 or 3 but I'll take it. I earned my 3 free weeks of program. Anyone else get that offered? If we went to WI on last Wed and then again by yesterday and lost weight we got 3 free weeks. Even if we gained but took the time to come those days, we got 1 free week.
My center had a similar offer. If you went in at the beginning of the week you got to choose an envelope. If you went in Fri or Sat you got whatever was in the envelope. I got two free weeks, which puts my program ending on 12/28, the day before my birthday. I'm really going to step it up this month and see if I can get to my goal by my birthday. At the rate I've been losing, I'm not sure if these last pounds will come off that quick, but school will be out, I'll have more time to exercise so I'm hoping that helps. I haven't had much time to fit that in unless I wanted to give up sleeping.

FL - I made a double batch of the chicken salad you posted with leftover turkey last night. I'm looking forward to my lunch today! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Ooops... forgot it was December already...

That's very exciting CndLou and thanks for the congrats...
I think that's great motivation to get to your goal :0) It's been an interesting experiment learning to maintain on my own. I've seen mention about a pregnancy maintenance program but my MRC said there was not a plan like this and recommended I just eat sensibly. OK then. So I came up with my own plan. I added an extra carb at my am and pm meal. I added 1 cup of skim milk or yogurt to 2 meals a day. I added an extra fruit as a mid morning snack and finally I added an extra carb with protein (toast with PB or 1 oz of cheese) in the evening before bed. This has worked. I've been able to maintain while sticking with it. If I ever start exercising again, LOL, I will probably add a little more. The OB feels it is safe if I maintain my weight for up to 24 weeks unless it appears the baby is not growing well and then ofcourse I will add more calories. So far so good and I'll keep you all updated as we grow :0)
Karen
Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #8  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i have a goal of signing the 20-pound board by or before 12/19 because that is when i will be seeing my cousin, who is a few years older than me and who has lost a good 40-45 pounds on medifast in the past few months and i hate that she's upstaging me, lol. FRIENDLY COMPETITION, i swear, although technically she is not aware that i am competing with her. :P anyway i have a good feeling about my week so far (i've already shed my thanksgiving pounds and hope to be at 184 or 183 by my saturday weigh-in) so hopefully i can hit the 170s in due time!

my overarching goal for december is to get to somewhere between 170 and 175. lofty! but i really need to get my scale moving again.

on a side note, i have an appointment today with an orthopedic surgeon to get my foot numbness figured out (my feet go numb whilst running). hopefully it won't actually require surgery, but we'll see. also there is a 5k on sunday that i'm signed up for and i would really hate to miss it, even though i'm terrified because it's on a cross-country course, meaning GRASS and HILLS and i've only ever run on paved surfaces. i might die. or fail.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

what a bad month I have had!!! I have been so discouraged. I ate off program for almost a week...not bad but bad enough then I weighed in with a half pound loss. Then the week of Thanksgiving...I was out of town a bit and forgot my HNS...oh boy. I did not loose anything but I did not gain anything but I feel as though the past 2 1/2 weeks have been a waste and I am trying so very hard to get my head back into this.

I would love to loose 10 pounds this month. I should be able to do more but I am hoping for the 10. Any pick me ups would be appreciated...I feel like a failure and positive feedback helps. I am just bummed.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Ooops... forgot it was December already...

That's very exciting CndLou and thanks for the congrats...
I think that's great motivation to get to your goal :0) It's been an interesting experiment learning to maintain on my own. I've seen mention about a pregnancy maintenance program but my MRC said there was not a plan like this and recommended I just eat sensibly. OK then. So I came up with my own plan. I added an extra carb at my am and pm meal. I added 1 cup of skim milk or yogurt to 2 meals a day. I added an extra fruit as a mid morning snack and finally I added an extra carb with protein (toast with PB or 1 oz of cheese) in the evening before bed. This has worked. I've been able to maintain while sticking with it. If I ever start exercising again, LOL, I will probably add a little more. The OB feels it is safe if I maintain my weight for up to 24 weeks unless it appears the baby is not growing well and then ofcourse I will add more calories. So far so good and I'll keep you all updated as we grow :0)
Karen
Congratulations to you and your husband Karen-such happy news!

I have had 5 meals OP--I was 211 on when I woke up yesterday and am 206.5 as of weigh in today, 3 more pounds and I am back where I was on the 24th, and then 10 more pounds and I am going to be actually losing new weight instead of my yo-yo pounds and signing boards again! I have no temptations left in the house and my husband's Christmas party will only require a minimum appearance-lousy food and cash bar-and I am OK with that!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #11  

Msim ... I just HATE those yo-yo pounds (lol) ... and yes, I'm about where I was before Thanksgiving, so onward we go.

Fifties Lady .... on the dietdirect site, click on the "sale" icon on the top right-hand side of the homepage, it will bring up 6 items that are on sale through this week ... and the concentrates are one of those -- Proti-Diet I think is the box label, but they are the identical product as the center's. They get them from the same place (as do many centers from around the country, just using different names). When you click on a product, you have the option to look at the nutritional information .... do that and you will see it's identical. When the creamies go on sale, I'll let you know.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #12  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

Speaking of Holiday parties. I told my husband this morning that I was not going to attend his, until after the dinner was over. (It is at one of the best Barbeque and Steak restaurants in town). His boss informed him today that I WILL be there and he will have whatever I need to stay OP there. Gotta love that outside support!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

kathyb712 -

WOW that is awesome support. I cried when my mom changed the menu for Thanksgiving this year so I could stay OP (it was only her, my dad and my husband and kids). Isn't it awesome to have the support of those who love and care about you! Sure does make this life change a little easier!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #14  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I will do it, I will do it, I will do it....get to onderland by 1/1/2010.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Hello everyone, I am excited. I WI today and have lost 14 inches and a total of 10lbs. YAY!!!
Your posts are so helpful, encouraging and motivating. You have me hooked on reading this daily. I was discouraged when I got to MRC because of Thanksgiving day when I ate off program and gained 3 lbs but I either walked, rode the bike or did aerobics everyday until WI to get it back off. It worked and I was down 2 more lbs totalling 10. The support of you guys is awesome and I will work hard this month to continue dropping. The water is really an adjustment because I live in the restroom, but I just pray that it is working. I wish you all success this month as we attempt to reach our goals, someone mentioned making small goals monthly and I think I will join in so that
I don't put too much pressure on myself.
sexyrene
Closed Thread