Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #151  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Right now I am on the 8oz veggies...I didn't know that raw tomatoes will not be allowed after you are under 200...that is a bummer....I guess I am lucky since by then my garden will be all froze over. Hopefully they will be added back in during maintenance by the next garden season, or I will be terribly dissappointed.

Thanks for the info!!
Well the green menu you can have them, which is what I will be on in 8 days.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #152  
Lindsay

Quote:
Wow..that isn't very many calories!!! This doesn't sound right...it sounds like your body is put into starvation? I guess I had better enjoy my menu now, I don't think it changes until I am under 200, but really not even sure of that...I had better ask MRC at my next WI. So how many calories do you get on the green menu then, if that's the color that is next? I haven't figured out everything on this plan yet.
Well your lucky because when you are over 200 when you finish precon you go to either the beige menu or the over 250 menu (i think) then you go straight to the green menu once you get under 200. No yellow and blue menu for you!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 203/160/133

Height: 5'8.5"

The weight loss has gotten much harder for me as time goes on. I started MRC in late April (i am down 30 lbs on their program/ 13 before I started) I am frustrated and stuck and so sick of the huge expense of the supplements (It jsut does not seem normal)and lack of help and support at the clinc . I am still 27 lbs away form my goal. The powder drinks are gross but the clear packets good. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #154  

Quote:
Right now I am on the 8oz veggies...I didn't know that raw tomatoes will not be allowed after you are under 200...that is a bummer....I guess I am lucky since by then my garden will be all froze over. Hopefully they will be added back in during maintenance by the next garden season, or I will be terribly dissappointed.

Thanks for the info!!
Fifties Lady: Raw tomatoes are allowed on the green menu. I hope that makes you feel better. They're not on the yellow or the blue, however.

Ali
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #155  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
Well... a few things... first of all the important thing is you're back and ready to get back OP. When it comes to the potluck and drinking, here is my suggestion, it sounds like it is mist likely at someone's house, if so, put your clear supplement (I have tried the lemon powder & the Berry concentrate) in a blender with diet 7-up or Sprite and 5 ice cubes. It is yummy, foamy, and kinda fun if you put it in a nice glass. People will be wondering what your "fancy" drink is.

Last of all, never apologize for complaining or for what amount of weight you have to lose. Having to lose 30 pounds (overall) is still a challenge. Nobody thinks it's a walk in the park because if we did we wouldn't be here. We are here to support and motivate you if you have 10 pounds to lose or 300 pounds to kick to the curb! Breathe, relax, forgive yourself for the past, and welcome back.
Thanks!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #156  

Just a thought after my WI today (I am ALMOST back to before the reunion... 1.5 lbs to go) and a great visual that the counselor showed me. She wrote down the days of the week and if I was OP Sun, Mon then had 2 bites of cake on Tues I would not be back in ketosis or have my insulin leveled out again till Sat and that is IF I ate OP all week after the cake!!! Makes the 2 bites last night SOOOOOOO not worth it!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
OHHHH.....those enchiladas are so good!
So I had a problem making the enchiladas

I did the chicken, onions and spices... just fine.

When I put the sup, H2O and tort in the micro it was super watery still. I ended up addidng the chicken and tomatoes and put it in the oven for 30 minutes and its still way too watery.

How do you make it??? I doubt it is supposed to look like soup!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley460 View Post
Hey all, I have been on MRC since the middle of april and have lost 31 lbs but it seems that the closer i get to my goal that harder it is to stay on plan! The last 2 weeks have been rough; some days on plan some days off (although I am making better choices when i go off plan, but it's really no excuse). Some suggestions would be really helpful. I only have 19 more lbs to go so I really REALLY dont want to quit now but getting back on that wagon again is soo difficult. Have any of ya'll experienced this? nd what helped get you motivated again? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Welcome Ashley460,
I always say, stop and consider why you want to be at your goal weight, what will this accomplish for you? Consider those things and decide what is more important to you, the food you like to eat or the satisfaction of having what you've been waiting for so long for. Think of that every time you want to go off plan and push forward, tell yourself you don't need it, you have a bigger plan you're aiming for. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveamy View Post
Hello from North Carolina! This is my first post, but I have been reading about you guys for months...I originally started in April, lost about 14 pounds (the first diet that has ever worked) but then I fell off the bandwagon...Started eating off plan, not calling in and now almost 2 months has passed and I started over today...OMG, I forgot how hard it is to stomach 8oz of salad!! I hope I can make it. I tell myself it is just for a few days but when I am faced with the mound of lettuce (plus some cucumbers, green peppers and almost nonexistent dressing), I really wonder if I can do it. Not much of a water drinker so that is a struggle too...Thing is, I know it will work and I just need to push past and remind myself that food shouldn't consume my every thought. Gained about 4-5 pounds off plan so I am thankful it wasn't more. Have a 20 year class reunion in Oct so I would like to stay on plan to be closer to my goal by then. I enjoy reading all the posts and have learned soooo much.
Welcome Loveamy!

Quote:
I have a question....has anyone felt light headed when first starting this diet? It's not the withdrawl from sugar and caffene, because I have been off that for 3 months now.
Most definitely... this happened to me the first 3-5 days of the plan. I also felt like dirt and was nauseated whenever I had to drink an HNS or eat the required lettuce!! I soon figured out the concentrates were better, no skittles in the cut as with the powdered ones, later learned to mix up the powders the day before and the skittles dissolve overnight anyways, also adding cucs and tomatoes to the salad really helps reduce the volume of lettuce/vegs you must consume at each meal ... I added the B12, made sure to get in all the protein drinks (all 5 or whatever they will allow you on your plan) and made sure I was getting enough water. It is tough the 1st few days... you're having a significant shift in your water stores, calorie intake, sugar/carb intake when starting the plan and all of these can make you feel lightheaded and sickly. It should resolve in a few days though... hang in there fifties lady, it's working for you!! I see a big loss coming this week :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Thanks, that make me feel alot better since I know I can't get in 8oz. I think yesterday I got 2 or 3 oz of cucumbers and about 3.5 today of broccoli.
Hey lmickley,
Have you tried making the cucs into a "salad" by adding Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Mrs. Dash table blend together... Or, try blending the cottage cheese, adding the ranch dressing seasoning and dipping your cucs into this. You might be able to consume more this way. Good luck though, thank goodness it's only temporary! I feel for ya :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
So I had a problem making the enchiladas

I did the chicken, onions and spices... just fine.

When I put the sup, H2O and tort in the micro it was super watery still. I ended up addidng the chicken and tomatoes and put it in the oven for 30 minutes and its still way too watery.

Hmmm daisyhotrocks ... sounds not so good. I had the same prob once with the chkn, chs and broccoli recipe, I think it would have been better w/o the supplement, less watery. I've never tried to make the enchiladas so can't help you there.
How do you make it??? I doubt it is supposed to look like soup!
I do have a great recipe to share for dinner with leftover chicken -
Chicken Quesadillas:
1 50 calorie La Tortilla Factory Tortilla
3 oz Chicken shredded/cubed (warmed in micro)
1 oz Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
1 tsp of taco bell hot taco sauce (or mild, your preference)
pam butter cooking spray

Lay Tortilla flat, cover with shredded cheddar, top with chicken and fold tortilla in half. Spray both sides with pam cooking spray and put in a pan on med-high heat or your george foreman grill (this is my favorite way to make it). Cook for 2-3 minutes (if in pan will require you to turn the quesadilla over and press down to flatten and melt cheese to chkn). Use pizza cutter to cut into 3 pieces, serve with taco sauce.

I LOVE THIS and it is a great quick meal using leftovers the whole family will love it for sure!!

Last edited by Karen1234; 08-11-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Karen...thank you so much...that was so very helpful. I knew I wasn't feeling up to par...not sick, just light headed and I seem to have a headache, but it's not a real bad one, just one that lingers on all day and night. I think they said to take B12 for headaches, so I need to run out to the store this weekend and get some. I am so hoping I don't have to take all their suppliment pills...I just don't want to go down that road. I'm doing ok with the HNS's....actually I enjoy all the flavors (concentrate). I normally just drink water with my meals, but this is like a treat. Somewhere someone talked about mixing HNS's with diet cola, but I think it was the creamies....not sure though.

I do have good news....I WI today and lost another 3.5 pounds, so that is 7 since I started....I'm feeling good about that, but seems too much weight too fast....but I think it's beginner's luck!!! You always do good at the beginning of any diet. I have to get my walking routine going....it has just been so hot, and I let my Y membership run out because of the money I spent on MRC. So it's time to get back to hitting the trails. Which is fine, but walking goes so much faster when you can watch tv. LOL
Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Karen...thank you so much...that was so very helpful. I knew I wasn't feeling up to par...not sick, just light headed and I seem to have a headache, but it's not a real bad one, just one that lingers on all day and night. I think they said to take B12 for headaches, so I need to run out to the store this weekend and get some. I am so hoping I don't have to take all their suppliment pills...I just don't want to go down that road. I'm doing ok with the HNS's....actually I enjoy all the flavors (concentrate). I normally just drink water with my meals, but this is like a treat. Somewhere someone talked about mixing HNS's with diet cola, but I think it was the creamies....not sure though.

I do have good news....I WI today and lost another 3.5 pounds, so that is 7 since I started....I'm feeling good about that, but seems too much weight too fast....but I think it's beginner's luck!!! You always do good at the beginning of any diet. I have to get my walking routine going....it has just been so hot, and I let my Y membership run out because of the money I spent on MRC. So it's time to get back to hitting the trails. Which is fine, but walking goes so much faster when you can watch tv. LOL
I knew you would have a big loss.. you may have another one before the week is over.. I often feel a little weak when I really get into ketosis (mod ketones on stick rather than trace) and I can usually expect a big drop pretty soon when this happens as well. Just remember, this plan isn't like WW, when I 1st started w/them I lost 5 lbs the 1st week and then only 1.5 every week thereafter... You'll still average about 2-3 lbs per week which is pretty good. Some weeks, 3.5 some weeks 1.5 but for the most part I've lost 10 lbs a mo. even with plateaus here and there... I never did this on WW!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #161  
Lindsay

Quote:

Wow, fiftieslady! Congrats on your loss! I knew you could do it. I went to WI today, still 199 although my scale at home showed a loss. I'm a bit sore from my workout so I might have some water retention. I am going to WI again Friday so hopefull I will have a loss then. You did great, way to go!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #162  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post

Hey lmickley,
Have you tried making the cucs into a "salad" by adding Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Mrs. Dash table blend together... Or, try blending the cottage cheese, adding the ranch dressing seasoning and dipping your cucs into this. You might be able to consume more this way. Good luck though, thank goodness it's only temporary! I feel for ya :0)

Karen, yes I have tried both. I have got a litte more in with the ranch/cottage cheese and some broc. I will just keep at it, I get the green menu on Wednesday. BTW, the enchiladas sound good, I will definatley try.

Last edited by lmickley; 08-11-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you ladies for the praises....that feels so good. Someday I hope my ticker shows a 50 pound loss too. I don't know if I asked either of you or not, but do you take the suppliments? Just curious.

Good luck with your WI's this week. You are such motivators....I think because we all started at about the same weight, and seeing that you are having success only gives me the go ahead.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #164  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

I don't have much time to post, congrats to all on your losses!! I hope I'm able to post a somewhat big one after my WI on saturday too. And for those of you that are struggling, just hang in there because you ARE Worth it. Trust me, it's been a very challenging 2 weeks for me, the dreaded plateau. Take it from me, hang in and just do the program/exercise, and drink plenty of water and it will come off eventually. Good luck to all!!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Quote:
I'm doing ok with the HNS's....actually I enjoy all the flavors (concentrate). I normally just drink water with my meals, but this is like a treat. Somewhere someone talked about mixing HNS's with diet cola, but I think it was the creamies....not sure though.
I've mixed 6 oz of diet sprite/7-up with the berry concentrate (and the kiwi at a different time) and 5 ice cubes in the blender and boy is it good! Actually a bit more filling in my opinion because of the added air. Just don't leave it in the blender too long or you end up with 32 ounces of foamy drink (which, from personal experience, is A LOT to have to drink after you have eaten the rest of your lunch!)
Closed Thread