Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
WTG at the party! Happy Birthday! I am going to face a challenge later this month! Two of my friends will be leaving to go to Afghanistan and I know we will go out for drinks etc. So I am trying to decide if I want to go off plan and drink with them or not. UUGH! That is the worse part of the program, when you want to participate in something special, but know it will slow you down. Mabe I could be the DD....
I know how difficult it can be to be at a party and be the only one drinking water but you'd be amazed at how much H20 you can drink in one evening when everyone else is drinking alcohol. Think of it this way - a strawberry margarita (16 oz) has 720 calories, that is like eating almost 4 doughnuts! What if you have 2 margaritas? I'm not sure if it's worth it quite yet. Be the DD and make sure eveyone makes it home safely. Besides, I don't think any of your friends would care if you're not "boozing it up"; I'm sure they would just be glad to have you around enjoying good times & good friends!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Karen, FIFTY POUNDS LOST! What an incredible achievement. And remembering all the decisions and doubts we all had before we even joined MRC. That's what makes this doubly awesome.

You're really an inspiration. I know you'll get the rest of the way there.

Welcome NME. I think you'll do it this time.

EF4EWife, we have pitch-ins every Saturday. I look at the food but realize it's what made me so overweight and miserable to begin with. I get a certain satisfaction by choking down my chicken breast and salad because I know it just gets me closer to one of my goals.

Goose, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your avatar. Love cats and pearls both.
Thanks Little Edie! That is my cat posing for her Christmas card one year....she is such a diva!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=little edie;2866225]Karen, FIFTY POUNDS LOST! What an incredible achievement. And remembering all the decisions and doubts we all had before we even joined MRC. That's what makes this doubly awesome.

QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for all the kind words... all of you are truly my inspiration and the daily reminder I need that we can do this...

little edie,
you are so right about the doubts, I remember when I had lost 20 lbs on MRC w/in the first mo. and then hit a 2 week plateau despite being 100% on plan since day 1... I kept thinking, is this it? Does this plan not really work for me? I'm only going to lose 20 lbs??? I really doubted myself and the plan but thanks to the people, encouragement and reassurance I find here on this site and the help of my center and family, I kept with it and pushed past it and I am very thankful. For any of you out there who are in those shoes, stick with it, it really does work!!

So, I'm just a little past 1/2 way to goal now. This morning scale finally broke 200, was 198.5!! OH GLORIOUS ONDERLAND, HOW I HAVE DREAMED OF YOU!! Ok, a little melodramatic but still true none the less, LOL... Anyways, what a great sense of accomplishment I feel to finally be on the other side of that mountain :0) (I won't change ticker until I officially WI at MRC - usually home scale matches theirs perfectly though). I am not taking it for granted now, I know it is still an uphill battle but I'll get there, hoping by November/December to be at goal. I'm no longer rushing which is very different feeling for me. I so typically rush everything to get to the next best thing for me but I just don't feel that way anymore. Instead, I am enjoying my life and how I feel 50 lbs lighter, the rest is like cake to me!! I've moved to the green menu and adjusting to the new protein amt w/o any probs or hunger. I've also started to journal again, I have not been doing this for at least 2 mo. and decided to get back with it. It's been surprisingly fun.

Have a great OP week everyone!!

Last edited by Karen1234; 08-09-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
So, Friday at work my boss asked me if I could stay later and work and I told him not really, that I needed to get home and eat lunch. He told me he would buy me lunch and I said that I was on a very restrictive "meal plan" that was very specific about what I can eat. The other lady in the office (all 130 lbs of her) asked me WHY I was on a diet. Now granted right about then I wanted to drop-kick her, but I just looked at her and smiled and said, "well for health reasons." I din't say to lose weight or to look better, etc. See the 130 lb size 6 woman is ALWAYS saying how fat she is and talking about her "muffin top." It begins to make a person a bit self-conscious.

What do some of you say and/or how do you deal with people asking about the "diet" you're on??? I would love to have some sort of great comeback or answer.
That's tough E4 but I think you did a good job... I might have caved under that pressure and either starved or winged it but I'm glad you didn't, shows you are strong and determined! It really does annoy me when people ask q's like that, is it really any of their business anyways? Don't you hate when afterwards you can come up with lots of good things to say but at the time you are blank, standing their in your vulnerability, wordless or stuttering mindlessly. Anyways, it sounds like the other lady may have a body image issue, feels inferior and probably thinks she should be on a diet now and doesn't like the idea you might soon weigh less or be smaller than her. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh but unfortunately that is often what motivates these q's. Either that or she just thinks you look perfect the way you are and has a distorted self image. You pick the one you like :0) Anyways, I think you handled it very well, you were honest and still managed to eat OP that day so kudos to you. Maybe you can stash a MRB in your purse for future emergencies like this. Just a thought.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 331/318/200

Height: 5ft71/2

Smile Thank You !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Good Evening. No More Excuses....(.I like your "handle".) I would say go in and talk to one of the best counselors or even the manager and tell them you have had personal problems that kept you from staying OP...I'm sure they will work with you if you are honest and up front and are serious about trying it again. I also think it is another $99 to sign up for 24 more weeks, so you may want to check that out....I know it's more money, but as you can read from all the posters here, it works, you lost 20 pounds yourself so you are proof. Just do it come Monday morning...then come back here and we will give you all the support and hugs you need.
Fifties Lady--

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and support. I am going in the morning and am determined to go all the way this time. I will be spending a lot of time on here ---getting ideas and taking in as much as I can from everyone else. I will keep you up to date !
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Welcome NoMoreExcuses24

You are like many of us here, have been able to successfully lose (insert number of pounds) here. But then something happens and we get sidetracked, stop following whatever we were doing that got us results. I wasn't successful because I didn't know how to gradually stabilize my weightloss and I had no clue how to maintain it. So one day I am not eating any processed foods, sugar, etc and the next day I am eating exactly what I ate that made me fat. Not a recipe for success.
So the weight lost, well it comes back plus some. We all have our reasons. Maybe even get complacent and stay at that weight, thinking, 'oh I just can't do it'. Guess what--you can do it because you have done it.
So list out the reasons that you have shared with us tonight, and a bunch of other reasons. Don't contemplate going to your center on Monday--GO. It isn't about the short term results, what the scale shows, smaller clothes, granted those are all great, but in the long run it is taking control and maintaining control of your life. So you get yourself together and make those changes--some short term and the very valuable long term ones.

So get back on track, get your support system set, plan by having healthy food in the fridge and pantry, drink your water, get some exercise and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!
mism--thank you so much for your support ! I am GOING in the morning, nothing is going to stop me. No more excuses isn't just my name on here, it's how I intend to live. I've got to do this,,,,,for myself, for my family.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #112  

lmickley--

Thank you so much for your support ! I will definintely give the class a try. That was something else I didn't do last time was attend any classes.

Quote:
Hi, NoMoreExcuses! I completely understand gain back, falling off the wagon etc. It can be really hard at times when you schedule is busy. I just had to learn that there will always be busy times and I have to work around it. In August MRC is running a special 17 weeks for $99 and you can actully purchase this twice so you could get 34 weeks for $198. If you do join you should take their emotional eating class, I have heard it can be really helpful to address why you gain back (ie not changing your habits, lifestyle). Let me know how it goes. You can do it!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Regarding the Quick Weight Loss Centers .... from what I've read and seen on t.v., they are currently only available in Florida and are very similar to MRC -- lots of supplements, low fat, low carb, low cal -- sounded nearly identical.

This is very interesting, On Good Morning America they were discussing this Quick Weight Loss Center because supposedly Rush Limbaugh is on this plan and is losing very fast. The interview reported this is never good to lose this fast, and they will gain it back very fast when off the plan. What do you suppose they are saying about MRC? I think they are both about the same type of plan. Just curious what others opinions are on this?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #114  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

[QUOTE=Karen1234;2866686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Karen, FIFTY POUNDS LOST! What an incredible achievement. And remembering all the decisions and doubts we all had before we even joined MRC. That's what makes this doubly awesome.

QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for all the kind words... all of you are truly my inspiration and the daily reminder I need that we can do this...

little edie,
you are so right about the doubts, I remember when I had lost 20 lbs on MRC w/in the first mo. and then hit a 2 week plateau despite being 100% on plan since day 1... I kept thinking, is this it? Does this plan not really work for me? I'm only going to lose 20 lbs??? I really doubted myself and the plan but thanks to the people, encouragement and reassurance I find here on this site and the help of my center and family, I kept with it and pushed past it and I am very thankful. For any of you out there who are in those shoes, stick with it, it really does work!!

So, I'm just a little past 1/2 way to goal now. This morning scale finally broke 200, was 198.5!! OH GLORIOUS ONDERLAND, HOW I HAVE DREAMED OF YOU!! Ok, a little melodramatic but still true none the less, LOL... Anyways, what a great sense of accomplishment I feel to finally be on the other side of that mountain :0) (I won't change ticker until I officially WI at MRC - usually home scale matches theirs perfectly though). I am not taking it for granted now, I know it is still an uphill battle but I'll get there, hoping by November/December to be at goal. I'm no longer rushing which is very different feeling for me. I so typically rush everything to get to the next best thing for me but I just don't feel that way anymore. Instead, I am enjoying my life and how I feel 50 lbs lighter, the rest is like cake to me!! I've moved to the green menu and adjusting to the new protein amt w/o any probs or hunger. I've also started to journal again, I have not been doing this for at least 2 mo. and decided to get back with it. It's been surprisingly fun.

Have a great OP week everyone!!
Way to go! I really feels great to under 200 does'nt it!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #115  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
I know how difficult it can be to be at a party and be the only one drinking water but you'd be amazed at how much H20 you can drink in one evening when everyone else is drinking alcohol. Think of it this way - a strawberry margarita (16 oz) has 720 calories, that is like eating almost 4 doughnuts! What if you have 2 margaritas? I'm not sure if it's worth it quite yet. Be the DD and make sure eveyone makes it home safely. Besides, I don't think any of your friends would care if you're not "boozing it up"; I'm sure they would just be glad to have you around enjoying good times & good friends!
Thanks. Your right. I will offer to be the DD and drive everyone.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 AM   #116  
Lindsay

Quote:
This is very interesting, On Good Morning America they were discussing this Quick Weight Loss Center because supposedly Rush Limbaugh is on this plan and is losing very fast. The interview reported this is never good to lose this fast, and they will gain it back very fast when off the plan. What do you suppose they are saying about MRC? I think they are both about the same type of plan. Just curious what others opinions are on this?
Any weight loss, fast or slow, will come back if you do not change your eating habits. Once you loose the weight and get into maintenance you will know what calorie level you need to stay at to maintain your weight. It is up to us to do it and not go overboard. IMO
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I have a question (another). In my special pack that I purchased at my food meeting, there was a box of fiber drinks and a bottle of liquid minerals.....when do I take these, since it is not on my menu plan?

When I do cook with HNS's, and the recipe calls for 1/2 pkg of chicken bouillon, then do you just take 1/2 of your HNS drink at dinner? This really confuses me....but, that isn't hard to do.. :-(
Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #118  
Lindsay

Ok, day one on the yellow menu and I am so dreading the next 10 days. I Loathe most raw veg except for broccoli and lettuce, but I don't know how I'm gonna choke the whole 8oz down. I really only like those raw veg with ranch or something fatty. LOL! So I checked the calorie count on 8oz of cukes=27, 8oz lettuce =32 and 8oz of broccoli = 77. Not much in the calorie level here, I wonder if MRC has you eat it for bulk to fill up? So what do you all think would happend if I just skipped it or only ate what I could stand?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #119  
Lindsay

Quote:
I have a question (another). In my special pack that I purchased at my food meeting, there was a box of fiber drinks and a bottle of liquid minerals.....when do I take these, since it is not on my menu plan?

When I do cook with HNS's, and the recipe calls for 1/2 pkg of chicken bouillon, then do you just take 1/2 of your HNS drink at dinner? This really confuses me....but, that isn't hard to do.. :-(
You can take the fiber and liquid minerals at anytime. As for the recipes if it calls for half, then also make sure you get the other half in somehow (half a HNS drink, etc.)
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #120  

Quote:
Ok, day one on the yellow menu and I am so dreading the next 10 days. I Loathe most raw veg except for broccoli and lettuce, but I don't know how I'm gonna choke the whole 8oz down. I really only like those raw veg with ranch or something fatty. LOL! So I checked the calorie count on 8oz of cukes=27, 8oz lettuce =32 and 8oz of broccoli = 77. Not much in the calorie level here, I wonder if MRC has you eat it for bulk to fill up? So what do you all think would happend if I just skipped it or only ate what I could stand?
Why the yellow menu and not just go to the green menu? They just switched me right over from beige to green. Just curious... I would just choke down whatcha can lady, they can't ask for much more of you than that. Don't skip all together though, you need the fiber, vits/minerals and yes, filling power of those veggies so do your best in my opinion. 8 oz of raw broccoli, who in the world could eat all that??? LOL.. Sorry
Closed Thread