Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Anyway, so I am starting again, new contract, 17 weeks for $99. So, I am really comitted this time. I started precon on Sunday and went to WI yesterday and had not lost. I know I am down a few pounds this morning though. My counselor wants me to get below 200 during precon so she can put me on the yellow menu days 1-5 and 6-11. Has anyone used this menu? My counselor said it would make me drop weight fast and is really structured.

Well, good luck to you all and hope to get to know you ladies soon. I will need all the support I can get.[/QUOTE]

Hi lmickley,
Welcome back! So glad you decided to return... btw... I remember you too, I joined Feb 21st, have lost 48 lbs and have 52 to go... To answer the q you asked noahsmama, I think it gets a little easier b/c it just about becomes a way of life after a while and although you may have a few moments here and there where you feel deprived or whatever, I've just learned to stop and consider why I'm doing this and remind myself that the less I cheat, the faster I get through the weight loss part of it and move on to stabilization and maintenance and learn how to eat for life. I'm looking forward to that. Now, that being said, that doesn't mean I do not occasional indulge, I am not perfect and feel that here and there I have to feel like I am normal and like to treat myself. I save it for vacations/special trips/holidays/b-days only though. Anyways, glad you're back with us and wish you all the best!
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Hello all my MRC friends plus all the new ones who have joined. It's been a long summer and I got way behind in posting and reading, so I have so much catching up to do. Plus I should have kept notes because now I have to go back and find some old posts, such as their favorite HNS flavors and tips on just starting.

Yes.....I finally joined yesterday!!!! Signed that dotted line, a little nervous because of the costs plus wanting not to fail. I get my menu Friday, so I guess I will spend the weekend shopping for the "Right Stuff". I am so excited though. I was doing pretty good until the summer hit me and just too much fun on vacations. But no looking back now....it's all a new way of life for me.

I wasn't told much about pre-conditioning to what actually to eat. I had given up the caffene in May and started drowning in water at the same time, so I don't think I will have too much of an adjustment, except for the menu. I have decided to not buy into the pills that are offered at the center, but I have already been taking the multi vit and purchased the flax oil seed pills. I hope all I need to buy is the HNS's...and if they are cheaper on line, I will probably try that route later. I hope because I have decided not to do their other pills that it will not effect my weight loss. I guess we shall see. My garden tomatoes are coming in, so I will just die if I can't have them on my menu...otherwise, I will be getting my fill of them this week.

Ok, everyone...it's been nice to posts again....I will try to catch up with everyone later....I hope to be as successful as all you wonderful posters here. You all motivated me and knowing I can sound off here is what will count on. Thanks to all of you.
Hey fifties lady,
so glad you're back and officially joined... now the weightloss begins for you too! Very excited for you and wish you all the best in this new journey. You know we're here to help you whenever you need us... Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I am back from my 10 year HS Reunion and I had a blast!!! Looked great in my new dress and enjoyed myself all weekend. Ate fairly OP although there was a lot of alcohol. I weighed at home and was up 4 lbs but my scale isn't the same as at the center so I'm not sure how much I am off. I am totally back on today though and more determined then ever.

There is a chance I might be going to Australia in a few weeks for 17 days and I am super excited about the experiance but terrified because my goal is Sept 12.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Great job on all the losses and everyone who got to sign boards!
Hey Daisy Hotrocks,
Congrats on the NSV! Absolutely love those moments... Sounds like you're having a great summer, keep us posted :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
Well, good news today. I got to sign the 40 pound board! I'm so glad to see the 160's go. 2 times before I've gotten down to 165, stalled, and then gained it all back plus some. To see 159 on my scale was such a relief. Sort of feels like a broken jinx or something!

My only disappointment has been lack of inch loss in my baby pooch (not sure I can still call it that when my last 'baby' was 12 years ago!)...not one inch lost in a month, but I sure lost in my chest! What's that about??!! Totally not fair! So, I feel a little lopsided these days, but hopefully the last 20 pounds will finally go from the stubborn areas now.

So my August goal is really just to persevere and try not to let my head psych me into a struggle with the last 20 pounds. I'm up to working out an hour about 4-5 times a week, and now that I broke through the 160s I'm going to add more weight training.

Good luck to everyone! Stay strong! We can do it!
Congrats on the 40 lb board Succeed, WAY TO GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ducksmom View Post
Hello all! I know I'm a new poster and it's not polite to come on her and grump so soon but UGH! I had a heck of a weekend! Made it through but MAN was it hard! Went camping Thurs. to Sunday. Camping I don't go crazy, but I don't usually hold fast to all my healthy eating rules. We have bacon, but use turkey bacon. Eggs, but use Egg Beaters, lean steaks etc. This time, I stayed on plan but still had to cook the camping food. I have 3 little girls who kept asking, "Can't you just have one s'more mommy? I made it just for you!" "Can't you just have 1 ear of corn mommy? It's from Grampa's field". Then, there's my husband "Man! This is the best BBQ Wings you've ever made hon. Sure wish you could have some!" ... and on and on and on... Then, Sat, I start my period so cravings are of course worse. THEN, Sunday night, we take the kids to a movie and everyone's munching on popcorn and candy. I haven't gone to a movie in a year, yet this is the second in 2 weeks we've gone to! What evil little spirit has it in for me?!?!? Ugh! But I made it. I ate on plan, except I goofed my pineapple. I forgot my sheet so couldn't remember how much I should have. I had 4 oz instead of 1/2 cup. Only down .1 (by my home scale) since Thurs. but I'm counting surviving my weekend as a NSV.

Sorry to complain so early in my posting history, but I needed that! My husband "tries" to be supportive but tends to sabatoge all over the place so when I talk to him, I tend to get a list of all the things he's eating. He says he really should be more like me but they are so good and then goes into a description of every lick and bite. Therefore, I thought you all might understand my vent and take it in stride a wee bit more than him.

Thanks I feel better... really... I think...
Welcome 3 ducks mom! So glad you found us... keep up the great work :0)
Old 08-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #17  

Quote:
Hello Noahsmama....thank you so much...I missed everyone here. I wanted to wait till my summer vacations were over and our Anniversary celebration was over. Now I am ready to get down to business.

I do have a question, how did most of you keep the food journal? Did you have any form that you used or do they give you something at the center? I'm not good at keeping track of everything I eat, but I heard that it really works.

Also, what were your favorite HNS's concentrate flavors? I should have written all this down when I was first researching here.

I will take any hints anyone has to offer....Thanks in advance!!!
I'll give my 2 cents here
Journal: They give you a sheet you can fill out, this is quick and easy to use, I've recently considered changing to a notebook of my own so I have room to add other comments and personal thoughts to go w/it... haven't made the effort yet and have also not been journaling at all but need to get back to it b/c I bet that would help me as well....

Fave HNS's: Grape**, mixed berry and orange concentrate. Powdered Lemonade, pink lemonade. Chicken boullion for recipes. Double chocolate pudding creamy** and vanilla pudding mix creamy for desserts/recipes. Chocolate drink creamy for dessert.

Meal Replacement Bars: Chocolate mint bar**, Vanilla wafers**, caramel nut bar, choc crisp bar

** are my absolute Favorite, favorites :0)
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #18  

OK, at the risk of hogging this thread, I have one more post today, LOL
We had great time this weekend at Seaworld/Aquatica... We walked, walked and walked some more, saw many great sights, rode the crazy Manta ride (that really was crazy!) had healthy food options most of the time, swam all day Sunday and just had a blast! I did great Sat with food, stuck to it like glue until Sat night as I had 1/2 a piece of fudge when leaving the park...

On Sunday I went a little overboard and had another piece of fudge (yes, heaven help me, the whole 1/4 lb square of it!) and then had 1/2 a biscuit and some red-beans and rice at dinner as well. I ofcourse thought when I got home with all the walking/exercise I did that all would be fine on the scale, not! What was I thinking, that I was somehow exempted from the fate everyone seems to suffer when indulging? LOL...How our sweet little minds like to deceive us sometimes.. Anyways, my fudgy indulgences were certainly noted by a 2 lb weight gain... ho hum. Well, I made sure I was back on plan 1st thing Monday am and have been doing good since then... Scale hasn't budged yet but I expect it to any day now... I can be patient, at least for a little bit :0) Anyways, it was a great time with family and I do not regret a single moment but I am re-charged and ready to get rid of this last 52 lbs! Whoo hoo... congrats to everyone else on there losses, keep up the great work !

Last edited by Karen1234; 08-04-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
I'll give my 2 cents here
Journal: They give you a sheet you can fill out, this is quick and easy to use, I've recently considered changing to a notebook of my own so I have room to add other comments and personal thoughts to go w/it... haven't made the effort yet and have also not been journaling at all but need to get back to it b/c I bet that would help me as well....

Fave HNS's: Grape**, mixed berry and orange concentrate. Powdered Lemonade, pink lemonade. Chicken boullion for recipes. Double chocolate pudding creamy** and vanilla pudding mix creamy for desserts/recipes. Chocolate drink creamy for dessert.

Meal Replacement Bars: Chocolate mint bar**, Vanilla wafers**, caramel nut bar, choc crisp bar

** are my absolute Favorite, favorites :0)
Karen...thank you so much...this really helps...I think the grape and mixed berry were several of the faves on here.

Oh, and don't worry about hogging the posts on here...we all learn from one another and we need many, many posts of everyone's thoughts....so don't stop!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

3ducksmom, you did great while camping! That's quite an accomplishment.

Imickley, I wondered where you went. Glad you're back on board. I can tell from your posts you're very determined this time. I miss the others who have quit posting also.

Karen, the chocolate mint bars are my favorite too.

Succeed, congrats! I'm very happy for you.

Fiftieslady, I thought you'd never make it official! Doesn't it feel good now that you've made the committment? I've always enjoyed reading your posts and now I can't wait to follow your progress. It's nice to hear you say you missed us. I think of all the MRC chicks quite often myself and consider this board a big part of my motivation. To answer your question, mixed berry and kiwi and my favorite concentrates. I eat my HNS straight from the package sometimes (not recommended by MRC) so I don't do the concentrates.

Daizy, you can do this. Just consider Australia and your weight loss very important, memorable journeys that you happen to be taking at the same time. You are doing great.

Noahsmamam, what can I say? You are rocking the program. I've fallen a little behind and it makes me hopeful to see your continuous success. You've got incredible discipline. I'm very proud of my fellow Hoosier. When we hit goal, we'll have to meet up in person and toast our successes. I think I signed the thirty pound board under your picture and you so attractive! Are you going to do a testimonial for MRC when you reach goal? I could show my kids your digital before and after images and say, "Hey! I know her!"
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #21  

Little Edie....thank you for such kind words....I am so excited now that I joined....I know with everyone's support here, I can do it. Do you remember at one time someone named a website where you can journal your meals and it gives you calorie content and all? I have been looking everywhere, but way too many posts to find it. Maybe it will ring a bell with someone. I have to try to work on my profile, since I am so impressed with everyone's here. I hope I can figure it out. You have been doing so good....I know you will hit that goal!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Little Edie....thank you for such kind words....I am so excited now that I joined....I know with everyone's support here, I can do it. Do you remember at one time someone named a website where you can journal your meals and it gives you calorie content and all? I have been looking everywhere, but way too many posts to find it. Maybe it will ring a bell with someone. I have to try to work on my profile, since I am so impressed with everyone's here. I hope I can figure it out. You have been doing so good....I know you will hit that goal!!!!
Hi Fifties Lady! Congrats on making it official! Hope that you have had a great summer and are MRC ready!

My favorite concentrates are peach-mango and kiwi-melon but all time favorite flavor is grapefruit.

You may be thinking of fitday or sparkspeople for the online sites.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Hi Fifties Lady! Congrats on making it official! Hope that you have had a great summer and are MRC ready!

My favorite concentrates are peach-mango and kiwi-melon but all time favorite flavor is grapefruit.

You may be thinking of fitday or sparkspeople for the online sites.
Thank you MSIM for the nice welcome....I always new I would join, just wanted to enjoy my summer vacations before I joined the club. The summer went fast, sometimes I think if I would have joined in May like planned, I would be so much slimmer by now.....but I did enjoy myself. I had followed part of the SB diet and lost 17 pounds but gained 7 back, so I knew I had to hurry and get signed up with MRC.

Thanks for your tips. I am still going through old posts and taking notes so I can ask my questions on Friday. I already have learned so much from all of you. I am going in with the attitude of no pills from MRC, just the HNS's....I hope that doesn't effect or slow down my weight loss. I just want to do it without pill dependency, since they are so expensive. I am trying to find out the posts where they talked about getting some of the pills so much cheaper....I may try that if I don't have success without them. The HNS's are costly enough.

Thanks again for your response to me....there are so many great friends on here.....it's like a bunch of sisters and a few brothers....I like that.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #24  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

noahsmomma, little eddie, and Karen1234 - thanks for your support and encouragement. I know we can do this!

Karen1234, what part of GA are you in? I am originally from Rome, GA....

Ok, so I got on the scale this morning and i am down to 199; Monday at WI I was 203 on thier scales. I cannot wait until WI on Friday, I so hope I get to move on to the yellow menu. I'm just a little nervous about it since I don't know much about that particular menu.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #25  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Wow, so you lost 40lbs so far? Way to go! When do you reach goal? I just really want to stick with it this time. Do you find it gets easier or harder?
Thank you. I'm very frustrated at the moment as I've hit another plateau. I've been overing between 174-174.5 since last Monday and it's NOT budging. It's really testing my will power and so far I'm winning but geez, come on now It's actually pretty easy honestly if you just stick to the plan. I'm just getting kind of bored with eating broccoli/green beans as my staple veggies, other than my salads 2-3 days/week at lunch.

Quote:
Hello Noahsmama....thank you so much...I missed everyone here. I wanted to wait till my summer vacations were over and our Anniversary celebration was over. Now I am ready to get down to business.

I do have a question, how did most of you keep the food journal? Did you have any form that you used or do they give you something at the center? I'm not good at keeping track of everything I eat, but I heard that it really works.

Also, what were your favorite HNS's concentrate flavors? I should have written all this down when I was first researching here.

I will take any hints anyone has to offer....Thanks in advance!!!

good for you! MRC has a form that they give you. But I, personally, have a little notepad that I carry in my person that I use as my journal. To me it's a lot easier to write things down like exercise and anything extra. I also write donw the times that I eat too.

I like the grape, kiwi-melon, peach mango (which my center says 'they don't make it any more' but I bought it on dietdirect.com), mixed berry, and orange. Those are all my favorites. When I'm home and I'm not drinking it with a meal, I usually add the Wal-Mart Clear America Key Lime soda to it to give it a little something other than water.

Good luck!

Karen1234, so glad to see you're back!! I, too, was wondering where you'd went. You've done and will continue to do amazing!!

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-05-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #26  
Lynn

I'm very frustrated because I've hit another plateau. I was contemplating adding in an extra HNS to see what that might do. I already do my max of 4 but was wondering about doing 5 for a couple days to see if that would help. Also, I'm only taking the multi-vitamin, flax, MRC-6, B-6/12. I was wondering if I should purchase the ADWL again. I quit taking it about a month ago and honestly haven't noticed a difference with my appetite or anything. Does anyone have an opinion? Of course, if I call the center I'm sure they'll push some pill on me
Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #27  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I'm very frustrated because I've hit another plateau. I was contemplating adding in an extra HNS to see what that might do. I already do my max of 4 but was wondering about doing 5 for a couple days to see if that would help. Also, I'm only taking the multi-vitamin, flax, MRC-6, B-6/12. I was wondering if I should purchase the ADWL again. I quit taking it about a month ago and honestly haven't noticed a difference with my appetite or anything. Does anyone have an opinion? Of course, if I call the center I'm sure they'll push some pill on me
Plateaus can be very frustrating! Keep on going. Have you tried the Liquid Minerals? I used it before and it helps with alot of thing such as muscle pain, etc. I have heard it can also help you break a plateau. If you want to go another route than additional supplements you could try to change up what you are eating a bit, instead of chicken and broccoli/green beans most days you could do fish or buffalo and a different veggie. Or eat cooked veg more at lunch. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #28  
Lindsay

Quote:
Hello all my MRC friends plus all the new ones who have joined. It's been a long summer and I got way behind in posting and reading, so I have so much catching up to do. Plus I should have kept notes because now I have to go back and find some old posts, such as their favorite HNS flavors and tips on just starting.

Yes.....I finally joined yesterday!!!! Signed that dotted line, a little nervous because of the costs plus wanting not to fail. I get my menu Friday, so I guess I will spend the weekend shopping for the "Right Stuff". I am so excited though. I was doing pretty good until the summer hit me and just too much fun on vacations. But no looking back now....it's all a new way of life for me.

I wasn't told much about pre-conditioning to what actually to eat. I had given up the caffene in May and started drowning in water at the same time, so I don't think I will have too much of an adjustment, except for the menu. I have decided to not buy into the pills that are offered at the center, but I have already been taking the multi vit and purchased the flax oil seed pills. I hope all I need to buy is the HNS's...and if they are cheaper on line, I will probably try that route later. I hope because I have decided not to do their other pills that it will not effect my weight loss. I guess we shall see. My garden tomatoes are coming in, so I will just die if I can't have them on my menu...otherwise, I will be getting my fill of them this week.

Ok, everyone...it's been nice to posts again....I will try to catch up with everyone later....I hope to be as successful as all you wonderful posters here. You all motivated me and knowing I can sound off here is what will count on. Thanks to all of you.
Hello, fiftieslady! I am glad you signed up. I know you will do great. How is precon going so far for you?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #29  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Noahsmamam, what can I say? You are rocking the program. I've fallen a little behind and it makes me hopeful to see your continuous success. You've got incredible discipline. I'm very proud of my fellow Hoosier. When we hit goal, we'll have to meet up in person and toast our successes. I think I signed the thirty pound board under your picture and you so attractive! Are you going to do a testimonial for MRC when you reach goal? I could show my kids your digital before and after images and say, "Hey! I know her!"
Why thank you edie, you made me blush a little bit. I'm just glad to see that you're back OP. And of course I would LOVE to meet up with you. how did you recognize me? oh, from my pic on here But thank you for your comment. I think would do an MRC testimonial. That'd be really flattering and motivating! btw...where's your pic?

I have to share a small NSV that I had last night. I have a black-tie wedding that I will be attending on August 29. I have known all along that I of course don't have (and NEVER have before) any clothing that would be acceptable. The side of the family that is going to be there hasn't seen me since Easter (before I was OP). So I knew I wanted to get a 'little black dress.' I've never had reason to own one before or anything like it. So I went to JC Penney on Saturday and bought 2 size 12 thinking, 'maybe i'll be able to fit into them by then.' I didn't try them on and honestly didn't want to. Well, last night I couldn't resist and to my surprise...they FIT and not barely, but comfortably! I was nearly bursting at the seems. I just felt beautiful. I'm going to splurge on myself and get my hair done that day too and maybe get a pair of small heels? I'll have to take a pic that day for posting.

Who knows, I may be in a 10 by then...if this stinking plateau doesn't break by then! Thanks for letting me share

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-05-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Why thank you edie, you made me blush a little bit. I'm just glad to see that you're back OP. And of course I would LOVE to meet up with you. how did you recognize me? oh, from my pic on here But thank you for your comment. I think would do an MRC testimonial. That'd be really flattering and motivating! btw...where's your pic?

I have to share a small NSV that I had last night. I have a black-tie wedding that I will be attending on August 29. I have known all along that I of course don't have (and NEVER have before) any clothing that would be acceptable. The side of the family that is going to be there hasn't seen me since Easter (before I was OP). So I knew I wanted to get a 'little black dress.' I've never had reason to own one before or anything like it. So I went to JC Penney on Saturday and bought 2 size 12 thinking, 'maybe i'll be able to fit into them by then.' I didn't try them on and honestly didn't want to. Well, last night I couldn't resist and to my surprise...they FIT and not barely, but comfortably! I was nearly bursting at the seems. I just felt beautiful. I'm going to splurge on myself and get my hair done that day too and maybe get a pair of small heels? I'll have to take a pic that day for posting.

Who knows, I may be in a 10 by then...if this stinking plateau doesn't break by then! Thanks for letting me share
Noahsmama...I am so excited for you with your new black dress...what a wonderful and exciting story to share with us. I bet you are gorgeous in it. Size 12 is so great...oh to be that thin again....you are an inspiration to us and stories like yours makes me know I am on the right track. I wish I was a fly on the wall at the wedding...for not seeing many of your family members and friends since Easter, you are going to knock them out!!!! I bet just that alone makes you so excited! Can't wait to see the pictures....
Closed Thread