Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Same here, never told a soul how much I weigh before joining this site... It took me a week to decide if I wanted to actually post my weight, location etc b/c I was horrified someone would know who I was and the secret would be out, LOL! Boy was I silly, as if they couldn't have figured out I was fat and been able to estimate my weight

Went to WI today, down another .5 for total of 50 lbs lost! Yeah, would have loved to be 199.5 but didn't happen today.. Hopefully soon :0)

E4FEwife, Lmickley, Goose... Congrats on your losses, you guys are rockin' it!! Way to go!!

Noahsmama, thanks for the dressing recipe, I will have to try this :0)
Oh Karen....we must be alike....that is just too funny. First, 50 pounds....CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very proud of you...that just encourages me even more. You have done so good.

Our weight is so funny to hide on here....but it took me until I joined MRC to post it, I too was too embarassed and with so many Nebraskans on here I knew I would run into them at the center any they would say...OMG...you weight 256 pounds!!!! Only kidding, I know that would never happen...no matter how much you weigh,, we all know how hard of a battle it is. Besides, how would they know me because I rarely wear my headband to WI, or my jogging outfit like in my avatar.

I don't think MRC would really like us posting on here, because of us comparing other centers and like you said, the fact we share other sites to get our products cheaper. This is where they make their money, it's no secret. I'm sure they keep track of how much HSN's we purchase and what we say we use a day. But that is so much to keep track of, so maybe not. So I think everyone shouldn't share that info with them....although I wonder if they sneak on and read themselves...lol.

Gosh is nice chatting with you Karen....and everyone else of course....such great friends here.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Default Whew! I did it!!!

Tonight I survived another party. We went to a BBQ to celebrate a friend's (and my) birthday. I managed to stay OP, skipped the b-day cake (ate my choc. pudding instead), and drank my H20. It is soooo challenging to be surrounded by all of that food and not just nibble on a chip, eat a spoonful of potato salad or have a bit of cake. I just try to keep telling myself every time I cheat will set me back 2-3 days. (They say that it takes 2-3 days to get your body back into ketosis once you throw it out of ketosis.) I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Anyone else ever faced with parties and what are some of the things you do to make it through the night???

BTW - my wonderful husband got me a gift card to a local dept store to buy some new clothes when I have my new body (well my old body that has been overtaken by this current body. I know it's in there somewhere???) What a great idea!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
Tonight I survived another party. We went to a BBQ to celebrate a friend's (and my) birthday. I managed to stay OP, skipped the b-day cake (ate my choc. pudding instead), and drank my H20. It is soooo challenging to be surrounded by all of that food and not just nibble on a chip, eat a spoonful of potato salad or have a bit of cake. I just try to keep telling myself every time I cheat will set me back 2-3 days. (They say that it takes 2-3 days to get your body back into ketosis once you throw it out of ketosis.) I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Anyone else ever faced with parties and what are some of the things you do to make it through the night???

BTW - my wonderful husband got me a gift card to a local dept store to buy some new clothes when I have my new body (well my old body that has been overtaken by this current body. I know it's in there somewhere???) What a great idea!
Happy Birthday! Just imagine how great this year is going to be for you!!!!

Last edited by msim; 08-09-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses24 View Post
Hello everyone ! I'm a newbie to this site. Well, actually, i've been lurking in the shadows both on this site and in my life for awhile now. I joined my local MRC March 30th and made it about a month before I fell off the wagon. I had a lot going on in my life at the time, both personally and professionally and was under tremendous stress and got off the diet. I had lost almost 20 pounds that first month and now i've gained it all back and a few pounds more. The 15 weeks I purchased back in March are up on Monday --and i'm sitting here no better off than I was 15 weeks ago, just out quite a bit of money. I want to start back so badly. And am comtemplating going back to my center on Monday to start again. I am almost 330 lbs, and i'm married to a 165 lb man and I have an absolutely beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am tired of not being able to do the things they can do. I fell like I am missing out on our lives together. If anyone has any words or wisdom they could share with me, please feel free. I need yall's support more than you know. This isn't my first diet rodeo, i've been on every diet known to man and even had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and lost 186 lbs and now i'm 50 lbs away from gaining all of that back. Thanks to anyone who might post to this. It is appreciated
Welcome NoMoreExcuses24

You are like many of us here, have been able to successfully lose (insert number of pounds) here. But then something happens and we get sidetracked, stop following whatever we were doing that got us results. I wasn't successful because I didn't know how to gradually stabilize my weightloss and I had no clue how to maintain it. So one day I am not eating any processed foods, sugar, etc and the next day I am eating exactly what I ate that made me fat. Not a recipe for success.
So the weight lost, well it comes back plus some. We all have our reasons. Maybe even get complacent and stay at that weight, thinking, 'oh I just can't do it'. Guess what--you can do it because you have done it.
So list out the reasons that you have shared with us tonight, and a bunch of other reasons. Don't contemplate going to your center on Monday--GO. It isn't about the short term results, what the scale shows, smaller clothes, granted those are all great, but in the long run it is taking control and maintaining control of your life. So you get yourself together and make those changes--some short term and the very valuable long term ones.

So get back on track, get your support system set, plan by having healthy food in the fridge and pantry, drink your water, get some exercise and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #95  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wandawoman View Post
I have lost 37 pounds with MRC, but have gone off the program for a month and a half. I have been able to keep the weight off, but now I want to lose the last 15 pounds? What should I do? Should I just start on the green menu or go back to the very beginning on the yellow then blue menu?
I have not seen anyone address this on these forums but I would think going back to the yellow menu would help get your body into ketosis quicker than using the green. Welcome back to On Program, whichever menu you use. jeanette
Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

When I had to take a break they made me go back on pre-con for 4 days and then jump back in with my green menu.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #97  

Regarding the Quick Weight Loss Centers .... from what I've read and seen on t.v., they are currently only available in Florida and are very similar to MRC -- lots of supplements, low fat, low carb, low cal -- sounded nearly identical.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, FIFTY POUNDS LOST! What an incredible achievement. And remembering all the decisions and doubts we all had before we even joined MRC. That's what makes this doubly awesome.

You're really an inspiration. I know you'll get the rest of the way there.

Welcome NME. I think you'll do it this time.

EF4EWife, we have pitch-ins every Saturday. I look at the food but realize it's what made me so overweight and miserable to begin with. I get a certain satisfaction by choking down my chicken breast and salad because I know it just gets me closer to one of my goals.

Goose, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your avatar. Love cats and pearls both.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #99  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Quote from Fifties Lady (Moved over from July Thread)....
Karen...great question. I didn't mention it, and I didn't think I would after I joined. You know this is so very funny, but when I first started to read this site to find out about MRC, because very little was said on their own website for information, anyway, after reading for several days, I was thinking many of you worked for MRC and it was a way to get people to join, because I wasn't reading anything negative about it....now I have to laugh at myself for those thoughts. Please don't think I am nuts!!! Oh...mentioning nuts, are they ever allowed on any of the menus? I will miss my handful of raw almonds each day at work. Oh, something else I found myself laughing at me was when I was going through the my menu, I could not find tomatoes....and dang, I have a garden full of them and what am I goind to do now???? Duh silly me, they were listed under "Raw Tomatoes" so it wasn't under the "t's"!!! What a sigh of relief!!! I have eaten so many tomatoes these last two weeks, that my husband could turn me upside down and call me "Topsy Turvy", because I swear there are enough seeds in me to start producing on my own!!! I know, it's late and I'm being silly....I had better say goodnight.....GOODNIGHT!!!

End Quote

Fifties lady, you totally crack me up... I remember thinking the same thing when I went to the MRC website and initially wondered about this site and the comments here when I first researched MRC so don't worry, you're not alone!! I appreciate all of your replies to my q about mentioning the forum to your counselor... I've never told the counselors about the 3FC website specifically, only termed it as a "MRC Support Forum w/o details given"... I guess b/c I felt the same way, like this was a great place to go to vent, share, etc... plus we've shared places to purchase products for cheaper etc so I didn't want to reveal that either but I appreciate all of your replies and had a feeling I couldn't have been the only one who has met a similar response when mentioning it. Thanks all :0) BTW, I couldn't make it w/o tomatoes Fifties Lady... These are a staple in my diet! Did you purchase any HNS to start with or are you planning to order these online? Truthfully, I wonder about the other supplements as well and if they're really useful. I've been on and off them all and can't tell you if there is really a difference. At one pnt I really felt the Enhancer was helping me but recently had to stop it due to palpitations. They were driving me nuts and I knew thats where it was coming from so I d/c these last week and palps were gone the next day. I plan to finish up the Cortitrim and MRC6 I currently have and then d/c these and see how I do. They were trying to sell me on an iodine supplement to replace it today but I declined, I'm tired of all their pills. I take the B12 for energy, B6 for diuretic properties and the combo helped me once for a big loss but then stopped working after this so I've given up on this as a booster. As for the nuts, I've never seen it on any of our menus. I do believe peanut butter is on the vegeterian menu but have never actually seen it. I will be honest and tell you that I do sometimes have a few nuts, either 3-4 almonds or cashews every couple of days. They are a real temptation of mine and hard to resist. I had to ban them from the house at one pnt b/c I was out of control but I've gotten better and they're back, LOL. Hubby loves them. Anyways, keep up the great work!!
FiftiesLadie, Karen, I too have not mentioned 3FC to the counselors. I just say that "I've heard", etc. when asking them questions for talking with them about stuff we dicuss on here. I don't know understand why they would not like it, some of the paperwork they have given me encourages you to have a weight loss buddy.

As for the pills, I currently take alot, but i will probably just finish those up and get mine elsewhere except maybe the Phentratrim and MRC6, which I do have a script of Phentermine from my doc that costs much less.

I am not sure if PB is on the veg menu, but I did have that one. IF I can find it I can send it to you. I tried it for a while the last time I did MRC and hated it; too much fake meat and salads.

BTW congrats on the 50lbs, Karen!

Last edited by lmickley; 08-09-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #100  
Lindsay

Quote:
E4FEwife, Lmickley, Goose... Congrats on your losses, you guys are rockin' it!! Way to go!!
Thanks, Karen!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #101  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses24 View Post
Hello everyone ! I'm a newbie to this site. Well, actually, i've been lurking in the shadows both on this site and in my life for awhile now. I joined my local MRC March 30th and made it about a month before I fell off the wagon. I had a lot going on in my life at the time, both personally and professionally and was under tremendous stress and got off the diet. I had lost almost 20 pounds that first month and now i've gained it all back and a few pounds more. The 15 weeks I purchased back in March are up on Monday --and i'm sitting here no better off than I was 15 weeks ago, just out quite a bit of money. I want to start back so badly. And am comtemplating going back to my center on Monday to start again. I am almost 330 lbs, and i'm married to a 165 lb man and I have an absolutely beautiful 4 year old daughter. I am tired of not being able to do the things they can do. I fell like I am missing out on our lives together. If anyone has any words or wisdom they could share with me, please feel free. I need yall's support more than you know. This isn't my first diet rodeo, i've been on every diet known to man and even had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and lost 186 lbs and now i'm 50 lbs away from gaining all of that back. Thanks to anyone who might post to this. It is appreciated
Hi, NoMoreExcuses! I completely understand gain back, falling off the wagon etc. It can be really hard at times when you schedule is busy. I just had to learn that there will always be busy times and I have to work around it. In August MRC is running a special 17 weeks for $99 and you can actully purchase this twice so you could get 34 weeks for $198. If you do join you should take their emotional eating class, I have heard it can be really helpful to address why you gain back (ie not changing your habits, lifestyle). Let me know how it goes. You can do it!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #102  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post

WTG at the party! Happy Birthday! I am going to face a challenge later this month! Two of my friends will be leaving to go to Afghanistan and I know we will go out for drinks etc. So I am trying to decide if I want to go off plan and drink with them or not. UUGH! That is the worse part of the program, when you want to participate in something special, but know it will slow you down. Mabe I could be the DD....

Last edited by lmickley; 08-09-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #103  
Lindsay

Hey, Ladies! Well it is Sunday and I have been OP this weekend so far. I start the yellow menu tomorrow and kind of dread it. I don't like too may raw veg, especially withuout ranch! But, I will survive! I am planning on making gelatin with my HNS. I bought some Knox, does anyone know how to make it? I have heard it makes alot, so I am hoping if I can make it, it may help me not feel so hungry on the yellow and blue menus
Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Default "Diet" question

So, Friday at work my boss asked me if I could stay later and work and I told him not really, that I needed to get home and eat lunch. He told me he would buy me lunch and I said that I was on a very restrictive "meal plan" that was very specific about what I can eat. The other lady in the office (all 130 lbs of her) asked me WHY I was on a diet. Now granted right about then I wanted to drop-kick her, but I just looked at her and smiled and said, "well for health reasons." I din't say to lose weight or to look better, etc. See the 130 lb size 6 woman is ALWAYS saying how fat she is and talking about her "muffin top." It begins to make a person a bit self-conscious.

What do some of you say and/or how do you deal with people asking about the "diet" you're on??? I would love to have some sort of great comeback or answer.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

E4FEwife....I think you handled it VERY well. I don't have any comebacks but I wanted you to know that I believe you did well!
Closed Thread