Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Hello, fiftieslady! I am glad you signed up. I know you will do great. How is precon going so far for you?
Imickley...yes, I am so glad too....just kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Precon is going ok, but since I had already gave up caffene, sugar and other fattening foods in May, I really don't see much difference....maybe because precon was not really described in full...just eat protein, a slice of low-cal bread, veggies and drink lots of water....so I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly....I know I am so very hungry!!! I hope after Friday, I will know more what to do. Oh, does anyone know if I am suppose to keep a journal while on Precon? I haven't been, but it won't be hard to do since I haven't eaten that much these first two days. Thank you for your support...
Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #32  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Imickley...yes, I am so glad too....just kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Precon is going ok, but since I had already gave up caffene, sugar and other fattening foods in May, I really don't see much difference....maybe because precon was not really described in full...just eat protein, a slice of low-cal bread, veggies and drink lots of water....so I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly....I know I am so very hungry!!! I hope after Friday, I will know more what to do. Oh, does anyone know if I am suppose to keep a journal while on Precon? I haven't been, but it won't be hard to do since I haven't eaten that much these first two days. Thank you for your support...
Yes you should journal during precon; they gave me a food sheet to keep up with everything. I think it gets easier after precon since you can add in the HNS in between meals. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #33  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Why thank you edie, you made me blush a little bit. I'm just glad to see that you're back OP. And of course I would LOVE to meet up with you. how did you recognize me? oh, from my pic on here But thank you for your comment. I think would do an MRC testimonial. That'd be really flattering and motivating! btw...where's your pic?

I have to share a small NSV that I had last night. I have a black-tie wedding that I will be attending on August 29. I have known all along that I of course don't have (and NEVER have before) any clothing that would be acceptable. The side of the family that is going to be there hasn't seen me since Easter (before I was OP). So I knew I wanted to get a 'little black dress.' I've never had reason to own one before or anything like it. So I went to JC Penney on Saturday and bought 2 size 12 thinking, 'maybe i'll be able to fit into them by then.' I didn't try them on and honestly didn't want to. Well, last night I couldn't resist and to my surprise...they FIT and not barely, but comfortably! I was nearly bursting at the seems. I just felt beautiful. I'm going to splurge on myself and get my hair done that day too and maybe get a pair of small heels? I'll have to take a pic that day for posting.

Who knows, I may be in a 10 by then...if this stinking plateau doesn't break by then! Thanks for letting me share
Wow that is awsome! I hope to be in a 12 by the time I go out of town the weekend of Oct 24. I'm taking a little trip with my oldest daughter to see So You Think You Can Dance Tour. BTW, what is NSV?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #34  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Wow that is awsome! I hope to be in a 12 by the time I go out of town the weekend of Oct 24. I'm taking a little trip with my oldest daughter to see So You Think You Can Dance Tour. BTW, what is NSV?
lol I had to figure that one out too...non-scale victory

And thank you fifties lady. I can't wait to see their faces. Of course I don't want to take away from the bride's moment in glory...but... I'm in a size 12 now. what will I be in once I lost my last 30 pounds? I can't wait!!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
I'm very frustrated because I've hit another plateau. I was contemplating adding in an extra HNS to see what that might do. I already do my max of 4 but was wondering about doing 5 for a couple days to see if that would help. Also, I'm only taking the multi-vitamin, flax, MRC-6, B-6/12. I was wondering if I should purchase the ADWL again. I quit taking it about a month ago and honestly haven't noticed a difference with my appetite or anything. Does anyone have an opinion? Of course, if I call the center I'm sure they'll push some pill on me
Hey noahsmama!
After a hellacious month, which in retrospect was self-inflicted, I think I learned that I can not manipulate the program. It it so easy to let oneself spiral out of control all based upon a 'good' or 'bad' weigh in. I don't know if you are a home weigher, but during this past month when I would see a freaking 5 pound gain after eating maybe 300 extra calories of carbs, well it set me way, way back. I wasn't gaining fat, I know that, but seeing that number catapult up was scary. My best advice, step away from the scale.

Secondly, and I don't have anything other than my own personal experience, but no I don't think there is a supplement that will make a difference. I did try Karen1234's suggestion of B6/12, but you are already doing that. I have been hit and miss on the supplements and really honestly don't know--for every claim made that they do something wonderful, there will be a claim that they don't!

So keep doing what you are doing, look at what you have already done, and anticipate where you are going to be. By the end of the month, when you are all dressed up for the wedding and getting complements from EVERYONE, and feeling confident and beautiful, well this little blip of a plateau will definitely not be on your mind!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #36  

How do I get these wonderful tickers?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #37  

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Update... not going to Australia. I don't have enough time to get my passport. The trip is my bf going for business and I was just going to tag along. I am actually a little relieved but now I'm nervous for what I will do while he's gone for 17 days. He is my biggest support and to not have him here everyday I may be loading this site with lots of text!!!

My weekend of fun has cost me 4 lbs but they ran my body comp to see exactly what the weight was from since this is the first time I have gained back. I am up in muscle and down in fat so its just water weight... which I kinda knew but it was better seeing it on the read out. Very relieved and its been a great motivator to get my butt back in the gym.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:

Here ya go Fifties Lady!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...signature.html
Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #39  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Hey noahsmama!
After a hellacious month, which in retrospect was self-inflicted, I think I learned that I can not manipulate the program. It it so easy to let oneself spiral out of control all based upon a 'good' or 'bad' weigh in. I don't know if you are a home weigher, but during this past month when I would see a freaking 5 pound gain after eating maybe 300 extra calories of carbs, well it set me way, way back. I wasn't gaining fat, I know that, but seeing that number catapult up was scary. My best advice, step away from the scale.

Secondly, and I don't have anything other than my own personal experience, but no I don't think there is a supplement that will make a difference. I did try Karen1234's suggestion of B6/12, but you are already doing that. I have been hit and miss on the supplements and really honestly don't know--for every claim made that they do something wonderful, there will be a claim that they don't!

So keep doing what you are doing, look at what you have already done, and anticipate where you are going to be. By the end of the month, when you are all dressed up for the wedding and getting complements from EVERYONE, and feeling confident and beautiful, well this little blip of a plateau will definitely not be on your mind!
Thank you so much for your kind words!! You're right. I did try the B6/b12 (2 of each per day) and I honestly didn't see a difference with my weight loss. So I'm now just taking 1/day. It's so hard to step away from the scale. I tell myself when I get up..don't weigh yourself. But then I think 'well maybe today will be the day that you see a loss.' So I struggle with that. I will just keep plugging away and I know it iwll pay off in the end. Thank you!!

Quote:
Go to the User CP and there is a function to add a ticker. Once you've done that, it should have instructions on how to do it. I copy/pasted the link into my signature and just update it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
Thanks to everyone for your support.

Update... not going to Australia. I don't have enough time to get my passport. The trip is my bf going for business and I was just going to tag along. I am actually a little relieved but now I'm nervous for what I will do while he's gone for 17 days. He is my biggest support and to not have him here everyday I may be loading this site with lots of text!!!

My weekend of fun has cost me 4 lbs but they ran my body comp to see exactly what the weight was from since this is the first time I have gained back. I am up in muscle and down in fat so its just water weight... which I kinda knew but it was better seeing it on the read out. Very relieved and its been a great motivator to get my butt back in the gym.
You know I have yet to really have an off program meal/event/day and have not seen the big weight gain like that. Isn't it just amazing how it's just water weight? But it's also scary in the same way Good luck and when you bf goes oversees, post away on here if that's what will help you get through his time away. That's what we're all here for!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm very frustrated because I've hit another plateau. I was contemplating adding in an extra HNS to see what that might do. I already do my max of 4 but was wondering about doing 5 for a couple days to see if that would help. Also, I'm only taking the multi-vitamin, flax, MRC-6, B-6/12. I was wondering if I should purchase the ADWL again. I quit taking it about a month ago and honestly haven't noticed a difference with my appetite or anything. Does anyone have an opinion? Of course, if I call the center I'm sure they'll push some pill on me
Hey Noahsmama,
Thank you as always for your great encouragement... As for you, I know those Plateaus are tough, especially when you've been as good as you are, sticking to the plan and not having any cheats, that just makes it all the more harder to understand why your in a run b/c you know you're doing everything right etc. Don't worry though, you should just keep doing as you have and it will budge again soon. I have to agree with the theory that your body needs time to adjust and I'm sure that scale will move again soon. I think adding another protein drink wouldn't be a bad idea, changing up exercise and increasing water are all good ideas too. You've done so well and so quickly and your NSV was awesome, I'm excited for you and know you'll be posting losses again soon

Quote:
Hey Fifties Lady, I can't wait to see your ticker!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lmickley,
I'm in Savannah, GA ... hot and humid these days... where are you now?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #42  

Quote:

Thank you msim....you are so helpful!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,
Computer not working again at home, so I am quickly checking in at work.
Fifties Lady, so happy you joined. You will be an inspiration to us all.

Well, I had a complete off plan dinner last night. My best friend is moving to Omaha to take care of her grandmother. So, my friend Scott, Bridget (the one moving) and I went out to dinner. It was fabulous. It was a upscale restaurant that had a set menu. We just chose from 3 different entrees and selected the wine. I ended up having 2 glasses of wine, eating only half of soup, appetizer and chicken with veggies, (but it was so good!) and eating the dessert was black forest cake. Ate the whole lovely thing! Thought I would have cravings for carbs but went right back on plan today with only some swelling around my feet, dang that salt! I know I will pay for it come WI but I don't think I would change a thing. It was sad, she is the sister of my heart.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Hi All,
Computer not working again at home, so I am quickly checking in at work.
Fifties Lady, so happy you joined. You will be an inspiration to us all.

Well, I had a complete off plan dinner last night. My best friend is moving to Omaha to take care of her grandmother. So, my friend Scott, Bridget (the one moving) and I went out to dinner. It was fabulous. It was a upscale restaurant that had a set menu. We just chose from 3 different entrees and selected the wine. I ended up having 2 glasses of wine, eating only half of soup, appetizer and chicken with veggies, (but it was so good!) and eating the dessert was black forest cake. Ate the whole lovely thing! Thought I would have cravings for carbs but went right back on plan today with only some swelling around my feet, dang that salt! I know I will pay for it come WI but I don't think I would change a thing. It was sad, she is the sister of my heart.
Lori...thank you for the nice comment. And yes, I too am glad I joined...I tried the SB for the last 3 months, (sort of) and did lose, but very slowly and just wasn't as faithful as I should have been. I knew I would eventually join after summer vacations were over...so now I am going full speed ahead...with all your help.

Your dinner with friends sound wonderful....I don't blame you about the black forest cake, and now you are back OP and you will be fine. It was a moment to share with friends and what the heck!!!

I haven't gotten through all the posts yet, my you don't want to miss a couple of weeks, and I see you accepted the job and are back on your feet...that is such good news....I remember the last time we chatted you were really hitting bottom for awhile....so now you are back and doing great. That's what counts.

So glad to be back and love seeing your smiling face when I post.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #45  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Lmickley,
I'm in Savannah, GA ... hot and humid these days... where are you now?
I'm in nortwest Florida, Fort Walton Beach/Destin area. I know what you mean with hot and humid, but we are beach lovers so I don't mind it. I used to live off Abercorn St several years ago; I still have family in the area that live part time out on Tybee. I love the area, so beautiful!
Closed Thread