Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #46  
jo1

S/C/G: 262/251.5/175

Height: 5'5"

Ok, second time trying to post this...so in case this is a repeat my apologies...
I am new to MRC as well to blogging, hence the missing post--I have been reading this site for several days now and admire the support you all give eachother.

I signed up on Friday and began on Monday morning. My consultant never told me about preconditioning I keep reading about...I just dove right in on Monday. Well, I went for my first WI after 2 1/2 days yesterday and lost 7 lbs! I am very excited and very motivated. This consultant was surprised that I didn't pre-conditioned and was amazed that I was doing ok...yes a get hungry 2 hours after I eat, but it passes--water water water. I think not being a coffee or soda drinker helped--I didn't have to go through any withdrawals--don't get me wrong, I am truly missing my morning bagel with butter, but I know this program will be worth it all in the end. Confession point...I am one of those post gastric bp (Jan '01)that gained all but 40 lbs back. Feeling horrible about myself lately and tried so many times to lose weight, but feel confident that this will be the one to finally work.

Wish me luck! Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #47  

Smile Pre Conditioning Menu?

Hello,

I'm new here and love all the support everyone seems to be getting. I did MRC several years ago in CO and lost 45 lbs. I had a baby a few months ago and I really want to get back on plan but, I live in NC and there isn't a center here. I have the shakes and the Meta-Slim plan However, I don't have the Pre-Conditioning menu. Can anyone send it to me? I would very, very appreciative!

[email protected]
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #48  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo1 View Post
Ok, second time trying to post this...so in case this is a repeat my apologies...
I am new to MRC as well to blogging, hence the missing post--I have been reading this site for several days now and admire the support you all give eachother.

I signed up on Friday and began on Monday morning. My consultant never told me about preconditioning I keep reading about...I just dove right in on Monday. Well, I went for my first WI after 2 1/2 days yesterday and lost 7 lbs! I am very excited and very motivated. This consultant was surprised that I didn't pre-conditioned and was amazed that I was doing ok...yes a get hungry 2 hours after I eat, but it passes--water water water. I think not being a coffee or soda drinker helped--I didn't have to go through any withdrawals--don't get me wrong, I am truly missing my morning bagel with butter, but I know this program will be worth it all in the end. Confession point...I am one of those post gastric bp (Jan '01)that gained all but 40 lbs back. Feeling horrible about myself lately and tried so many times to lose weight, but feel confident that this will be the one to finally work.

Wish me luck! Thanks!
Welcome as I am fairly new to this (just about 2 weeks)! I, too, had gastric bypass four years ago lost 120, had a baby, gained 50 back and thus the reason I'm here. We're on this life-changing journey together.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #49  
jo1

S/C/G: 262/251.5/175

Thanks! That was a fantastic weight loss and it is so good of you to get back onto a program...my mistake was letting it go for so long---I had gotten down before, but over the past 18 mos. or so, it has just been climbing. I'll bee cheering you on!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Hello all~

Well I had company come into town last weekend and had a really bad week and I went to my WI last Thursday instead of my normal Fridays, so I let myself semi-splurge and I cheated over the weekend. Not too bad but I did cheat. Pizza one night (only 2 small slices) and a real cheeseburger with all the fixings another night with a few bites of a yummy strawberry tart after. I felt really guilty so I didn't go to WI earlier in the week (and honestly after the off menu foods I felt so bloated and my belly was sooo upset). I went today and suprisingly I was still down 3 pounds from last Thurs. I was so excited I have hit ONEderland!!!!! But now I am thinking, man I might have been down more than 3 pounds had I not slurged and kicking myself in the butt.

I am also battling a really bad cold right now. I thought I was in the clear. It went through the house and everyone had theirs clear up and BAM out of no where the other morning I woke up feeling horrible. Are we allowed to take medicines like Zicam or Theraflu or is there stuff in that that will slow us down?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #51  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
The green menu takes you from 6 oz. protein to 4 ozs. protein which might make it easier for you to stomach if you decide to go back to it. I'm not a vegetarian but it was even hard for me to get the 6 ozs. of meat down so I know how you feel.
i can honestly say i never have a problem getting all the meat down!!! i hate that i can't just have meat and skip the veggies!

Last edited by ford4life69; 04-23-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #52  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Thank you very much! My son is 18 months old and when I was pregnant I used the excuse of 'i'm pregnant' to eat anytihng/everything I wanted. I've put off doing anything about my weight long enough that I just want to be skinny! The lowest that I got to was 167 so I never really got the chance to get down to where I wanted to be.

And we'll be cheering each other on! Aren't you glad you decided to do this? I feel SO good. I actually go for my food instruction class in the morning so I'll learn what's in store next for me.

Liek today at lunch someone brought in 5 different kinds of cookies and I wasn't even tempted. It's so empowering to just say no and realize that I just made a great decision that will translate on the scale soon!

Good luck and I'll be watching for you to post your results!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone. I'm new to MRC and have been 'lurking' for about a week. I just wanted to say how great it is for you experienced MRCer's to take the time to support the newbies. Thanks! Reading the posts is very encouraging! I'm down about 6 1/2 pounds on day 4 (after pre-conditioning and a 3 day delay in starting my first menu). I read someone else's post that it seems impossible to meet the goal weight by the date they specify, but I'm optimistic I can do it. My goal date happens to be right before my kids go back to school, and thinking I could be within 10 pounds of my 16 yr old daughter (even though she is taller!) would be such an accomplishment! The thought of that is very motivating!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #54  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
i can honestly say i never have a problem getting all the meat down!!! i hate that i can't just have meat and skip the veggies!
LOL. I wish I had that problem. I just get grossed out thinking about meat sometimes, but I love fish and seafood. I also cannot eat meat that is not boneless! UGGHH!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

I need to lose 65 pounds in 14 weeks..does anybody think that is possible with this program? At the center they say you can but I am afraid to get my hopes up....Thanks guys..
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 208/207/145

Height: 5' 4.5"

Question What to buy

I have my first food class tomorrow and I have a question. The counselor told me that I could have up to five of the drinks per day, but only have to take 2-3. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the results with different amounts? I am trying to decide how much of what to buy. thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #57  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I think I figured it out, but how do you get your ticker to appear in each message? Do you have to copy/paste the link each time you post?

Sorry for all the newby questions..but I'm still learning!
Hi there! Add the ticker link as part of your signature and it will add on every posting. The signature is under User CP. Then I just go in and update my signature after each loss.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #58  
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatgal View Post
Hi everyone! I went to WI last night and didn't lose an ounce. I have been on the program almost 3 weeks. I guess this is the dreaded plateau that I keep reading about. I am so glad I have found this site. If I hadn't had the advice from all of you I would have been even more upset about the lack of a loss. They did switch me from the meta balance menu to the green menu which I am happy about as it has more protein, and more choices than the meta balance.

I loaded up on HNS and plan to keep at it one day at a time. We will see what my Saturday WI brings. Thanks to everyone for your willingness to share to help newbies like me.
Hang in there and keep trying. Make sure to get all your water in which will help with the plateau. I think the more protein will really help you. You really need to get enough of that on this plan.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #59  
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo1 View Post

Wish me luck! Thanks!
Good luck and great loss in your first few days!!! Be sure to look at the recipe thread to get lots of ideas to keep your menus from being boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
Hello all~

Well I had company come into town last weekend and had a really bad week and I went to my WI last Thursday instead of my normal Fridays, so I let myself semi-splurge and I cheated over the weekend. Not too bad but I did cheat. Pizza one night (only 2 small slices) and a real cheeseburger with all the fixings another night with a few bites of a yummy strawberry tart after. I felt really guilty so I didn't go to WI earlier in the week (and honestly after the off menu foods I felt so bloated and my belly was sooo upset). I went today and suprisingly I was still down 3 pounds from last Thurs. I was so excited I have hit ONEderland!!!!! But now I am thinking, man I might have been down more than 3 pounds had I not slurged and kicking myself in the butt.

I am also battling a really bad cold right now. I thought I was in the clear. It went through the house and everyone had theirs clear up and BAM out of no where the other morning I woke up feeling horrible. Are we allowed to take medicines like Zicam or Theraflu or is there stuff in that that will slow us down?
Congratulations on hitting ONEderland!! I am so looking forward to hitting that mark myself. What happened over the weekend is in the past now and so it's time to look forward and get back on track. It harder for me when I'm not feeling well but I look for food choices that are easier then and don't take as much effort but still OP. I know there are OTC meds you can take but not sure which ones. Call the center and they will help you. Get well soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
Hi, everyone. I'm new to MRC and have been 'lurking' for about a week. I just wanted to say how great it is for you experienced MRCer's to take the time to support the newbies. Thanks! Reading the posts is very encouraging! I'm down about 6 1/2 pounds on day 4 (after pre-conditioning and a 3 day delay in starting my first menu). I read someone else's post that it seems impossible to meet the goal weight by the date they specify, but I'm optimistic I can do it. My goal date happens to be right before my kids go back to school, and thinking I could be within 10 pounds of my 16 yr old daughter (even though she is taller!) would be such an accomplishment! The thought of that is very motivating!
Welcome to MRC and to the forum. Glad you decided to post and join the crowd. Keep coming back. You are doing great with your initial losses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
I need to lose 65 pounds in 14 weeks..does anybody think that is possible with this program? At the center they say you can but I am afraid to get my hopes up....Thanks guys..
People are losing really quickly on this diet. Everyone's body is different but if you stick with the program, the weight comes off so hang in there and do what you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedangel75 View Post
I have my first food class tomorrow and I have a question. The counselor told me that I could have up to five of the drinks per day, but only have to take 2-3. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the results with different amounts? I am trying to decide how much of what to buy. thanks
Congratulations on your first food class. I have fluctuated between taking the max and the minimum and it's been my experience that the maximum helps me drop weight faster. That with getting all my food in, watching the timing and getting enough water!! Good luck!!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

What do people mean by ONEderland? It sounds great!
Closed Thread