Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

I have been using the hidden valley ranch powder with the lowfat cottage cheese and blending it, OMG, it tastes just like the real thing. I've had it with my salad or as a dip with cukes and broccoli. I just make sure I measure how many ounces, since it will count against my protein, and then just have the rest in chicken or whatever else I choose as my protein. It has been a lifesaver, because I was getting so tired of olive oil and vinagar with my salads, I was about to give up on salads. I have also tried the baked apple with cinnamon and spenda for lunch, it tastes just like apple pie. Just an FYI for anyone else bored with the same things.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandhopper04 View Post
So is the only difference between green and beige is the protien ounces? I am on Beige and I am eating 6oz protien at Lunch and dinner. I cant wait to change menus.
I was anxious to get to the green menu also. I actually pushed them to switch me early because my losses had slowed down. It helped and I lost 6 lbs. the first week I was on it. The only drawback to the green menu is that you only get to have a group 1 protein 3 times a week at lunch which meant I couldn't have my Cheese and Broccoli soup everyday for lunch Now I strategically plan out which 3 days I can have my soup. The only other big difference is the amount of protein which goes from 6 ozs. to 4 ozs. I was ready for that though because I felt so full eating 6 ozs. It was a relief to only have to eat 4. Oh....you can only have 4 HNS a day instead of 5 also. I think that's all of the differences.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Welp, I made 200 even, signed the 30 lb board, lost more in four days than I have in the same time frame for the last few weeks, and asked about the next menu so I start green today. I'm really hoping that'll get me back to some of those bigger numbers I was seeing at the beginning.

YAY!!!
Congrats~!!! I can't wait to get to that under 200 pound mark myself. I had a WI today and it is day 31 for me down another 1.5 lbs. I have offically been doing this for a month and I have lost a total of 12.5 pounds already!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
half of a la tortilla factory tortilla, cut it into "nachos" (triangles), spray with pam olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder. Bake in oven at 350 for about 8 minutes. Brown 1lb ground turkey, use mccormick low sodium taco mix and water (cant remember how much water...it says on package). Mix shredded lettuce (however many oz you want, but of course you gotta have other veggies on the side to make up 8oz), 1oz hard cheese shredded and only 3oz of the meat (for green menu). Like I said, I added Jalepeno peppers from a jar because I needed a "kick", but they are not allowed on menu (too much sodium) but it hasn't really hurt me either. I put the rest of "taco meat" in the fridge and have it throughout the week!
YUMMY!!! Those sound soooo good...Does it have to be the low sodium mix? I have looked and I can't find the McCormick Low Sodium. Only the regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
I was anxious to get to the green menu also. I actually pushed them to switch me early because my losses had slowed down. It helped and I lost 6 lbs. the first week I was on it. The only drawback to the green menu is that you only get to have a group 1 protein 3 times a week at lunch which meant I couldn't have my Cheese and Broccoli soup everyday for lunch Now I strategically plan out which 3 days I can have my soup. The only other big difference is the amount of protein which goes from 6 ozs. to 4 ozs. I was ready for that though because I felt so full eating 6 ozs. It was a relief to only have to eat 4. Oh....you can only have 4 HNS a day instead of 5 also. I think that's all of the differences.
Since you have been on the green (and I hope to be there soon) are you still allowed to have your group 1 proteins in the mornings? Is is just lunch that you can't have them more than 3 times a week? I only ask b/c my typical lunch now is some variation of a salad with hard boiled egg and cheese cubed up in it. That means I am going to have to start planning differently.

Congrats to all for all your successes!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #139  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Welp, I made 200 even, signed the 30 lb board, lost more in four days than I have in the same time frame for the last few weeks, and asked about the next menu so I start green today. I'm really hoping that'll get me back to some of those bigger numbers I was seeing at the beginning. YAY!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! You are almost to One-der-land!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
WI yesterday for a 2 pound loss! YEAH!! Then they gave me a new menu to try a 2 meals a day menu......I keep looking at it and wondering if this will increase my loss. Is anyone using the 2 meal a day menu and how are they doing wih it?

Also could some one please explain ketosis to me??? At my center they very rarely have the sticks and always tell me I don't want to be in ketosis! I am confused help!!!
I've never tried the 2 meal menu, but I have lost all my weight without being in ketosis. Some people never register and others stay in trace. We have enough carbs through fruits & veggies to stay out of the high ketosis like the Atkins diet. That doesn't mean you are not in the chemical burn mode though.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #140  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
YUMMY!!! Those sound soooo good...Does it have to be the low sodium mix? I have looked and I can't find the McCormick Low Sodium. Only the regular.
I could never find the low sodium either. I make mine with chili powder, cumin, mrs dash extra spicy, ground pepper & sea salt with garlic. Or whatever hits for the mood. Yummy!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 206/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
The menus are given out according to your starting weight (exceptions being health problems, etc.) The beige menu is for people 200-250lbs. the green is for under 200 lbs. If you begin the diet under 200 lbs. you start on 2 different menus (I think blue & yellow) for a couple of days each before you are put on the green menu. You stay on the green until you reach your goal. I was very curious when I first started also. I like to know what is up ahead...no surprises
Thanks for the information! I am a planner by nature, so I like to know things ahead of time as well. Just by reading everyone's posts and browsing through the recipe section on the MRC board, I feel a lot more confident about approaching the new menus. Once again, thanks for your reply!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #142  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i was all stoked to be back to losing decent numbers and this week has just gone to ****. actually i started messing up on sunday when i had two bars in one day but they told me monday they'd rather you have something than nothing. then yesterday they didn't bother to call and tell me my apt wasn't ready so all the careful planning i'd done to move my food and have stuff ready got all screwed up. i had a bar for lunch (i've exceeded my bars for the week already now) because i had a funeral to go to yesterday, then i get to the new apt place and it's not ready so i go home and i'm HACKED OFF so while i'm waiting on my BF to get there *not that he had to come since i wasn't damn moving!!!* i start trying to dig out my drinks and stuff to have food for today. digging through that box and not finding stuff just pissed me off even more and he had a bad day so when he wanted chinese *bleck* i said lets go so i had a crappy salad with to much protein *eggs and cheese is all i cld find* and i drank way too much caffeine yesterday, forgot to take my cleanser all day stressing about everything and didn't take my flax half the day and cldn't find my pills at all this morning, apparently where i put them is not where they stayed in the boxes..... *i had a friend helping me pack and i think he reorganized stuff not realizing i had that box specifically for the mrc food i cld have..... now i had to cancel the time off i'd put in for today cuz the carpet's supposedly going to still be wet and something else has just been brought to their attn *they didn't say what* that might delay it even further. i've already paid because i'm in a damn hurry so the prorate might end up being a credit towards my next months rent *may cuz i already paid for april too*

i need chocolate and DAMN CIGARETTE, some caffeine and a frigging cheeseburger or i'm going to rip my hair out. i'm SO tired of living in STINK at the old place cuz they won't fix things properly and i can't afford a hotel or to commute from the BF's place to get out of it so i'm stuck till the new place gets their **** together.

sorry for the rant... but it's like when i get things going right it always gets screwed... it never can go smoothly and i'm just about frustrated beyond my ability to tolerate....
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #143  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Quote:

So what do you eat for breakfast if you cannot have eggs, cottage cheese or cheese for breakfast?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoparent View Post
So what do you eat for breakfast if you cannot have eggs, cottage cheese or cheese for breakfast?
Sorry, I didn't make that clear......you still get your group 1 protein choices at breakfast but you can only substitute the group 1's at lunch 3 X per week. And, you can only have cheese once a day so if you have it at breakfast, you can't have it at lunch. Hope that makes sense now
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #145  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't make that clear......you still get your group 1 protein choices at breakfast but you can only substitute the group 1's at lunch 3 X per week. And, you can only have cheese once a day so if you have it at breakfast, you can't have it at lunch. Hope that makes sense now

Thanks! I went into panic mode! Keep up the good work. You are a great inspiration!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #146  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Default Bad Day

Ok, I had my first weigh in since pre conditioning. Im on the beige menu. I am up 1.5lbs! I don't know if I am taking in too muchs sodium (been picking up salads alot from fast food and I thinkt he meat has lots of sodium). I am driniking water like crazy. I have not went off plan except for some caffience, could that be it?

I did cheat some on Sat and Sun of precondiditoning and this may be the reason. I have been so used to eating 5 or 6 small meals each day, the 3 meals during pre con was really hard. I find that having the HNS between some meals makes it so easy.

Anyhow, I am really discouraged and don't know what to do. I guess I will just make sure I am following the plan to a t. Any advice?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #147  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Ok, I had my first weigh in since pre conditioning. Im on the beige menu. I am up 1.5lbs! I don't know if I am taking in too muchs sodium (been picking up salads alot from fast food and I thinkt he meat has lots of sodium). I am driniking water like crazy. I have not went off plan except for some caffience, could that be it?

I did cheat some on Sat and Sun of precondiditoning and this may be the reason. I have been so used to eating 5 or 6 small meals each day, the 3 meals during pre con was really hard. I find that having the HNS between some meals makes it so easy.

Anyhow, I am really discouraged and don't know what to do. I guess I will just make sure I am following the plan to a t. Any advice?
I sure hate that for ya, that has to be discouraging, but then you have to look to all the ladies on here who have been through the same things, and that has to make us keep going. I have my first WI tomorrow morning, since staring beige menu, i am TERRIFIED! I do hope the caffeine is not what is hurting you, since that is the ONE thing that i cannot yet give up. (honestly maybe never..?) I am thinking about you lmickley!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #148  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi to all...old and new members alike. Wow, there has been alot of activity in the last 5 days! All the posts about plateaus and mental determination have been so helpful. I just returned from a trip to San Francisco and the Bay Area to visit family and friends. I was able to complete 3 days of meta-quick before I left town. Friday-Tuesday not so great, but I'm back now and don't have any distractions until my bday in mid-April...oh and a couple of girls night out dates...yikes!! One will be easy, but the other is at a wine bar....hard to go to a wine bar and order water...hmm...maybe I'll suggest a change of location.

It's back to the green menu.

Rocki-Congratulations to you!! You and I were at the same place in January. You finally kicked in and look at your progress. Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the rut of on plan/off plan/on plan and therefore haven't lost any more weight. You are my inspiration. I'll just think of your success when I waiver. My goal is attainable....I just need to want it bad enough and stay focused long enough to get in to fat burning mode.

So here I go again...day 1 on plan.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #149  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
I sure hate that for ya, that has to be discouraging, but then you have to look to all the ladies on here who have been through the same things, and that has to make us keep going. I have my first WI tomorrow morning, since staring beige menu, i am TERRIFIED! I do hope the caffeine is not what is hurting you, since that is the ONE thing that i cannot yet give up. (honestly maybe never..?) I am thinking about you lmickley!
Thanks so much. I hope your weigh in goes great. Let me know!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 217/156.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post

I would guess the weight gain was probably sodium. Fast food meats are loaded with them. (My family really notices the sodium when we go out for dinner....... after months of my cooking with little or no sodium.) It usually takes me 2 days to get rid of the excess water after I have eaten out at a restaurant. I also take B6 - it seems to help me not retain so much sodium/water.

Last edited by COMom; 03-25-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Closed Thread