Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
We lose an average of 5-7 lbs during stabilization, so you're good. There are so many reasons we can go up - if you weren't cheating you're retaining water for some reason, and stressing over your weigh-ins is just one of the bazillion things that can make you retain water. Just keep on sticking with it & you'll be fine.
Meemo, I've missed seeing you post!! Glad to see you back
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #422  

Metaquick works differently for everyone. I did it quite a bit for convenience when I didn't have time for meals due to work -- but I did not lose weight any faster while on it. I'm very carb-sensitive, and the shakes have a lot of carbs in them ... one of the counselors at my center said that probably was why. Don't get discouraged!! This is a life-long journey ... it isn't going to be different once we get to goal -- we're still going to have to be careful and plan what we eat and make good food choices. Changes won't happen overnight, but through consistency and perserverance we will do this! (I know all about that -- having just recommitted myself two months ago after pretending I could eat anything I wanted without any portion control!)

Hang in there -- the journey will be full of pot-holes, but lots of successes and will be so worth it!

Meemo, happy to see you pop in!
Denise -- wow -- you did it! I'm so very happy for you.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #423  

P.S. ..... Denise or Judy -- do you ever see Darren?? I often wonder about him!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 230/216/155

Height: 5'7"

I had my initial meeting with MRC yesterday. On the list of foods I can eat it says "Farmers cheese." When I asked about what this was the gal said it was a general category for things like cheddar, jack cheese, swiss, and mozzarella; however, when I Google searched "Farmers cheese" it came up as an actual cheese.

If anyone has some ideas on what specific types of cheeses are okay with the MRC plan, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #425  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles123 View Post
I had my initial meeting with MRC yesterday. On the list of foods I can eat it says "Farmers cheese." When I asked about what this was the gal said it was a general category for things like cheddar, jack cheese, swiss, and mozzarella; however, when I Google searched "Farmers cheese" it came up as an actual cheese.

If anyone has some ideas on what specific types of cheeses are okay with the MRC plan, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!
I love Farmer's Cheese. I can only find it in the deli section of my grocery store. It seems to be semi-hard to me so i was surprised we were allowed it, but I love it! it is white and sort of like a cross between provolone and cheddar to me.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #426  
Shannon

So...my wedding dress is in and they need me to come for my fitting by next week so they can work on it. Hmmm. I had planned on being at my ideal weight by Christmas so I didn't think this would be a problem. I guess I sabotaged myself. I need to go ahead and go for the fitting though. I guess I can tell them I plan on losing another 15. I SHOULD be able to lose 10 pounds in the 70 days until my wedding, but I have not done it yet!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles123 View Post

Smiles, where in Portland do you go to meetings? I go to Hillsboro. And we obviously started at the same weight, and have lost about the same, and have the same goal weight. We should encourage each other
Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #428  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Just to hang in there and do not let yourself get too discouraged. If the counselor is being a pest about it and you don't feel supported, ask for a different counselor when you go. There was one at my center for a while who would chastise me when I gained or didn't lose. I had to remind her that I was there because I obviously have a problem with food and need her help, not for her to make me feel like I am a loser! You are paying too much money so get what you want out of the experience! You are doing well, just keep your chin up!
Thank for the encouragement. We will see what happens on Friday night, that when I weigh in again.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, so its been a little bit since i've been on I've been struggling and had company and all these excuses for not following the diet!! I drank and did all kinds of bad diet things and am up 7 LBS since my last WI!!!! YIKES... But i got to spend some time with my favorite lady at the center which was good. She said that a lot of people hit the same brick wall i am at right now usually around the half way point.. She said its sad because most of them when they get here give up but then end up back months down the road with all the weight they had lost and then some back on..
I told her that i think a lot of the reason i've been cheating so much is because even foods that i considered healthy were "cheat" foods in my mind, like milk and yoghurt... SO she put me on the pre condition menu i think it is for a week just to get me re started i guess... Anyone had any luck with doing this? I'm super excited about it, but am worried to go back on the green menu after i'm done with this.... Are there other menues that you can follow throughout the whole program besides the green menu???
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #430  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
Hey everyone, so its been a little bit since i've been on I've been struggling and had company and all these excuses for not following the diet!! I drank and did all kinds of bad diet things and am up 7 LBS since my last WI!!!! YIKES... But i got to spend some time with my favorite lady at the center which was good. She said that a lot of people hit the same brick wall i am at right now usually around the half way point.. She said its sad because most of them when they get here give up but then end up back months down the road with all the weight they had lost and then some back on..
I told her that i think a lot of the reason i've been cheating so much is because even foods that i considered healthy were "cheat" foods in my mind, like milk and yoghurt... SO she put me on the pre condition menu i think it is for a week just to get me re started i guess... Anyone had any luck with doing this? I'm super excited about it, but am worried to go back on the green menu after i'm done with this.... Are there other menues that you can follow throughout the whole program besides the green menu???
Yes there is, the beige menu, which I am following is for people over 200 lbs. It is basically the same but just 6 oz of protein instead of 4. Don't give up, you have come a long way. Take it like a diet vacation and hop on the wagon again.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #431  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Here I come crawling back to my safe place. It's a big scarey world out here without you all. Thank goodness for Shannon and Denise or I probably would have been lost forever in the land of "one last splurge" Thanks for throwing me a rope. I am scheduled to get back on plan on the 18th and it could not be soon enough. I have tried and tried to get back on my own but keep making those self destructive excuses. It makes me wonder what it is that would allow me to be just 8 lbs from my goal and then turn and run from my own success. UGH!!!!! I missed you all...

I am going to start trying to catch up on all the postings, I am sure that will help me get back in the right mindset.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Cheese is one of my favorite things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
as for the splitting meat and cheese you have to do it proportionately. if you're doing 4 oz of meat and 2 oz of cheese = 6 oz that's not right. If you do 4 oz meat you've only got 1/3 of a protein serving left which wld be 1 oz of cheese. my center recommended sticking to halves 3 oz of meat and 1.5 oz of cheese = 1 serving protein at lunch or breakfast. you can still only have cheese once a day though even if you're only having 1/2 the amt at any given meal. i also do 3 oz of meat and 1 egg or 2 oz meat, 1 oz cheese, and 1 egg which is 1/3rds and works because the place we always go for lunch after church on sundays has just about that proportion in the only salad i can order.

same with your cooked vs raw veggies - do 4 oz raw and 2 oz cooked for a half and half = 1 serving. i asked because 6 oz of tuna is a can and a half so i have a half can leftover abt 2 oz. sometimes my chicken is too big so i end up cutting off an oz or 2 and having that in the fridge so after a couple days i've got 2 oz of this that and the other and that makes my 6 oz and they said that's ok.

that's how i understood it....
Hmmmm... I wondered about that and even asked a counselor once b/c I thought I had done something I shouldn't have - anyways she said said the way I had did it was fine but I was still skeptical. Basically, I had 1 egg and 2 oz of hard cheese in the am. That night I was running late at dinner and only had a 3 oz turkey burger (cooked) so I had this with 1 oz hard cheese (again as you said assuming the hard cheese counts for 2), 1 oz cottage cheese to make up for the difference in protein. I just make my max amt of hard cheese 3 oz. per day but I have a feeling you're right - the sheet does say once a day. I've been getting away with it thus far with the weight loss but pretty soon I know it will catch up with me so I will need to change my habits. Oh, and since we're on the subject of cheese - sometimes I take 2 oz. of hard cheese, add 1 oz of cottage cheese (that has the lumps smashed out of it) and microwave for 60-90 seconds until all melted, stir - makes a great cheese sauce over Broccoli at Lunch or Dinner. I love it!

Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

I love reading all your posts; I read them when I feel the urge to eat. They are what got me through that horrible yellow sheet diet. Tomorrow, I start the blue. Goodbye cheese and hello meat!!!

Dixie, I was just looking at your before and after photos. You look so thin and pretty!! You're practically there. How much weight loss did you average per week? I ask this because our goals are pretty similar. I am where you were.

I had a weigh in today and was pretty nervous because I only lost .6 of a pound on Tuesday. Today, I lost 1.6. That's a little over 2 lbs. for the week, and if you take into consideration my preconditioning, that averages to 4 lbs. per week. Hopefully this wasn't just some weird fluke. I'm going on a cruise in four weeks and am fearful of the swim suit I'll have to wear. Hopefully, I can lose another 10 lbs. That's possible, right?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #434  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Here I come crawling back to my safe place. It's a big scarey world out here without you all. Thank goodness for Shannon and Denise or I probably would have been lost forever in the land of "one last splurge" Thanks for throwing me a rope. I am scheduled to get back on plan on the 18th and it could not be soon enough. I have tried and tried to get back on my own but keep making those self destructive excuses. It makes me wonder what it is that would allow me to be just 8 lbs from my goal and then turn and run from my own success. UGH!!!!! I missed you all...

I am going to start trying to catch up on all the postings, I am sure that will help me get back in the right mindset.
Yay! You are back with me!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #435  

yay! I went to WI last night and lost 4 lbs in 3 days. I am down 8.5 lbs in 11 days. I am so motivated and ready to stay 100% OP on the weekend.
Closed Thread