Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Rosemary-- So having to do MRC multiple times seems to be a recurrent theme. I hope this is the only time I have to do this. I really want to get rid of the weight now nad keep it off. That could be the clincher keeping it off. Well I'm glad that you are back! I agree this site is wonderful and has helped me stay on track!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #497  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

What's the big difference between the blue and the green diet?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #498  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasmama View Post
I completely understand being frustrated. I just got done having an off week (blamed it on being sick, but really I just didn't feel like eating what I was supposed to) and I also saw an increase on the scale of about 3 pounds. I'm sure some of what you saw on the scale was water weight. You can't change your choices this weekend (which don't really sound too bad to me) all you can do is follow your menu today and get back on track. I'm sure you'll see a decrease on the scale quickly. Keep your chin up-- it happens to all of us! I'm sure you'll figure things out.
I also get frustrated when over the weekend I always seem to be up a pound or a pound and a half, then loss four during the week, so when you net it out I'm only losing 1.5 to 2.0 pounds and I dont even cheat like I've read some of you do. Does anyone think that increases the drinks to three a day instead of 2 a day will help? Because I'm really thinking about doing that. It just cost so much.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post
I also get frustrated when over the weekend I always seem to be up a pound or a pound and a half, then loss four during the week, so when you net it out I'm only losing 1.5 to 2.0 pounds and I dont even cheat like I've read some of you do. Does anyone think that increases the drinks to three a day instead of 2 a day will help? Because I'm really thinking about doing that. It just cost so much.
I was told by my center to take a HNS with each meal, at least 3 of them a day. If I wanted to lose faster to take 5. I know it is costly because you will be using almost the whole box which would be like $9 per day. It adds up so quickly. But you might want to try the minimum of 3 and see if that helps.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Wow...it has been about 3 1/2 months or so since I've been here on the boards. Like you, Shenanigan, I have also been off the wagon for the past few months. And I was SOO close to my goal...we were actually talking stabilization just before the holidays. I didn't want to stabilize during the holidays - thought I couldn't handle it...and now, here I am...having gotten back up to 146...and it's not the pounds - it's the inches!! I can SOOO tell where I've gained...all those great NSV's with the smaller clothes? Gone. And frankly I'm not even sure where to start again. I don't want to go back to my center, the counselors I loved seem to have disappeared - and the ones there seem only to want to sell me stuff and have NEVER done the plan themselves...which is weird to me. One is about 98 pounds soaking wet, and she is just AWFUL. When I walk in the door, she is so fake...and she offers NONE of the insight and tips that the other girls (who had DONE the program) did. SOOO, I just don't know...I see so many new people here - and have read a few days worth of posts...and I see some of you from the past who look TERRIFIC! Congrats...any words of encouragement will be appreciated. It is just so hard to start again - but I feel awful, sluggish, and just hate what I've done.
Rosemary - I have been gone for a while too. I basically fell off the wagon at the end of November. I was an emotional and stress eating maniac. I gained 24 pounds. (Everyone else only gained a little). I had gotten rid of all my fat clothes and nothing was fitting anymore. I refused to buy more clothes. So a week ago Sunday, I started back on the green menu . I had al my HNS from diet direct (I have tried to get serious before). I lost 8 pounds in a week. And I have not strayed from the program one bit. I do not want to go back to the center until I am close to my stabilization weight. I really want to lose more but I will settle for that. You might try going it alone by following the plan and ordering the HNS off the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Another NSV (I am so starting the week out right!) My husband rents office space that has 5 offices in it which he rents out to other professionals. I work at the front desk..and because my husband is my boss I don't work very often (there is always too much to get done at home!) I only work a couple of days a week. Well today the psychologist that works in one of the back offices came in while I was cleaning up the kitchen (where is office is). I have seen about 10 times total in the year we have all been here. He introduced himself to me like we had never met before. I politely joked about how I work at the front desk and we had met a couple times before. He looked at me like I was crazy, and then was like "wow, you look totally different! Did something change?" He was really embarrassed I am sure he didn't want to comment on my weight so I told him I have lost over 50 pounds. He was so happy for me! Not only that, in the past when I came in to work I would wear frumpy sweaters, dark pants and flat shoes. Today I am wearing a cute little (size 14!!) top that is flowing, a skirt thats just above the knees and 4 inch heels. I had been feeling like no one other than MRC people and my husband were noticing...but now I feel great that someone didn't even recognize me!
What a wonderful feeling!!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I went to weigh in today and was up another pound. I am tired of this teeter totter. Finally the counselor I had today (who is leaving in 2 weeks - I will be sad) mentioned MetaQuick. No one before has mentioned that to me. I am thinking of starting Phentratrim but am waiting until next week as I get paid from PC on MOnday. She said to do the Metaquick and then next week start on the Phentratrim and that should help. I am going to start the Metaquick today since I already had a protein bar for breakfast. My only question is for the dinner it says skinless white meat chicken - isn't that just a chicken breast??? I will have to have our steaks for dinner on Saturday.

I am signed up for the motivation class on Thursday but need to find someone to watch my twins for me. I am hoping that that helps me.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post
I know intially on the beige diet I was supposed to have one with every meal, but now on the green I am supposed to have one with breakfast and one for lunch and up to 4 a day. I'm averaging 3 a day although I'm working through a plateau right now and trying to do 4 to break through it. I understand the cost too though but I figure I'm saving money by not eating as much other food so it gets close to evening out in the end.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Okay, I'll admit it. I was getting weak. I wanted to quit because I was so sick of the blue diet. I was tempted to start another type of diet. Feeling blue, I decided I needed to talk to the ladies at Metabolic. I was told this was the last blue day. Yes!! Plus, I lost 1.5 lbs! I'm .5 of a lb away from signing the 10 lb board in a three week period. Not too shabby. I think I'll stick with Metabolic.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #504  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i'm sick of the beige menu but honestly i know the next one for me is green and it's the same thing just in smaller portions so i'm dreading it. i told the food lady that the ONLY thing keeping me eating this crap is that i've already paid for it!!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I have been on the green menu since I started back in May of 2008. It is boring but I am so picky at what I like that it is hard to change it up a notch.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #506  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Default FYI - Inspiration Piece

For all of you out there who are struggling with this MRC journey and are wondering if it is worth it, take a look at what Shineon shared as her testimony out on the Maintainers thread. It is really powerful and there is so much honesty, wisdom and courage in what she has written. It will sure motivate me to try harder in continuing to stay healthy.

Hang in there all of you...even though I've been on maintenance for awhile, I still lurk on this thread and admire all of you for your commitment to a healthier life. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 03-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
i'm sick of the beige menu but honestly i know the next one for me is green and it's the same thing just in smaller portions so i'm dreading it. i told the food lady that the ONLY thing keeping me eating this crap is that i've already paid for it!!
Ford4Life69~ I am right there with you. I am on the beige menu and though I just started this diet recently, I was already starting to get a bit sick of it (the food). I seem to be doing better this week. I finally found a grocery store that sells buffalo steaks(though kinda expensive to get a single one that will be 6 oz's its about $5 a steak) but grilled it is really good, tastes like normal steak. I also went online to the walden farms website. I bought some of their syrup and 2 of their BBQ sauces (all have no sugar, no carbs). I haven't told the center because I am not sure if we are allowed but I am eating them and still losing. I really like the Honey BBQ sauce and now I can eat chicken about 5 times a week with just a little sauce on the side to dip it in and it has made a difference. I am not so bored.

I went for another WI today. Day 23 down a total of 9 lbs. I so thought I was going to hit the 10 lb mark today. My counselor today was a bit rude. I don't care for her. She acts like a prude, but this is the second time I have seen her. I haven't cheated at all, I bring my food journal in every weigh in, have been going 2x a week for WI's. And she is just so negative and just picking over every little thing. She went over all my meals since my dinner last Friday to today like 5 times, like she was just looking for something to find wrong. Then kept commenting on how I am not taking a thermogenic (which I had discussed with her the last time. I am very sensitive to meds and I didn't want anything that was going to get my heart racing or jittery)Then after weighing me and telling me my total she calculated at how much a week average I am losing (this week 2.7lbs average) and she said well normally in a month ppl lose about 12 pounds but my average is below where is needs to be.That ticked me off since I had just lost 1.5 lbs since FRIDAY! I think I am going to request to NOT see her again.

Hopefully Friday when I go back for weighin I will get that 10 lb milestone!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #508  
Angel

S/C/G: 218/ticker/170

Height: 5'5"

That sounds like a couple of the ladies at my center. You would think they were the ones dishing out the money. I just ignore them. I have lost 12 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. I did gain 1 pound from Friday to Monday, to be honest I hate weighing in 2 times a week because I alway gain over the weekend. Then I'm depressed until Friday at next weigh in. I really want to change to 1 time a week which I know they will freak out about.

But the net result has alway been positive, I basically look at my loss on a week basis. Friday to Friday I don't even pay attention to the Monday weigh in.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #509  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

The negative counselors have got to go!! We do enough beating ourselves up, don't need it from them, too.

Stay strong...you gals are doing great...and any loss is positive.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #510  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Default Take 33

I started "Take 33". I think we were doing that around 30 pages and this one is almost 35 now. Let's move this party over to the new thread!
Closed Thread