Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #481  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

bonnie - that's awesome!!

i had one of the guys from my warehouse come in last week and tell me that if he were single he'd take me out. im a smartass so i told him, good to know you're all about looks huh to which he laughed cuz we started here at the same time and have been friendly acquaintances since.

Another of the older guys came in and told me, i don't wanna be rude but are you losing weight... i told him he wasn't being rude and thanks of course.

my older 16's are tight in the waist and lose in the butt and front and the newer style 16's are just right. i'm running out of office clothes though so i'm going to have to hit some of the resale shops some time but i think i'll wait until everything's too big and buy stuff that's almost too small so it'll last a while you know. i also have a sewing machine and skirts are very easy to take up. it's 2 straight lines and i hate skirts but i'll have to use what i have.

i love the NSV's more than the numbers because they're so unexpected and can randomly make your day!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #482  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I reweighed myself on a digital scale, so that is the new number.. Still got a long, long way to go! It is wonderful the way you support each other and I look forward to getting to know you..
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #483  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
I am disappointed with myself, I did not take my hns supplements this weekend and had a slice of regular bread with my breakfast. My DH wanted to take us out for breakfast Saturday, so i had 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of reg bread. Then on Sunday, my friend came over to visit and as soon as I opened the door she handed me a chai tea latte from Starbucks that she had stopped to get for her and I. I couldn't say no, I felt rude, so I dranked it. Now I know I am out of ketosis for 3 days and my WI is tomorrow, I know I have gone up because my own scale says I am up 3 lbs, also I did not drink very much water this weekend. I am so frustrated and disappointed.
you know i've gotten to the point where i don't even care. i'm still losing weight even with the things i've done "wrong" on this plan which is more than i've ever been able to say before with any other plan i've done. i was a little perturbed at the choices i had when me and my BF went out last night - we picked a bad restaurant honestly assuming that everyone had a decent chicken salad - wrong answer! i ended up getting monterrey chicken and scraping off the obviously greasy veggies and soaking up grease off the top of the chicken and then i was so annoyed i had a few bites of the refried beans and rice *honestly the nibbles might have added up to one fork of them mixed together* and there was no bread or veggies that i ate with it otherwise. i'm not going to worry about it though because considering what i wld have eaten before and what i'm eating now - things are going to happen - just maybe not as fast with my little slip ups. i'm not going to tell the scrawny one abt it either.

my friend who originally sent me here is going to get back on to lose her last 30 *she ran out of money last time* and she found the powdered drinks at a store here in town for 8.99 a box. buying the 10 for $90 deal is the same price as that so i'll keep buying mine from MRC until they stop that deal. i HATE the powdered ones EXCEPT the wildberry passion.... YUMMY!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #484  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. I was doing so well, consistently losing even if it was just 1/2 a pound. I was so frustrated about only losing 1/2 on the tilapia/broccoli diet and went WAY off yesterday. I was up 3 freaking pounds on my scale this AM! OMG! I'm so frustrated and mad at myself. At this point I only have 6 weeks to lose 10 lbs (my goal with MRC). I've been back since December (3.5 months) and have only lost 5.5 lbs (if I'm really up 3 today).

I'm back on track today but I'm just so irritated. I don't understand why I go off the way I do. My "off" days are catastrophies, not just slip ups! Why oh why do we do these things? I don't even know (considering the last few weeks/months) if I can lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks! That's 1.6 lbs per week and I'm lucky if I get a pound per week. I'm not going to let them stabilize me until I'm like 2-3 lbs from goal (not 5-10) b/c I think I'll never make it!

Anyone else this close and keep "slipping" up? HELP!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey Rocki! Great to see you posting!!! You look fabulous!!! I too have been screwing up a little bit since December (cheating here and there on salty and sweet things) and have gained and lost the same 3 pounds. I resigned a contract in November for 17 weeks (which I believe takes me to sometime this month). I do not want to pay again! I need that motivation back!! I want to lose 20 more pounds and I too don't want to do stabilization until I am 2-3 lbs away from my goal weight not the 6 pounds that they do at my center.

What extras are you taking?? I am thinking of starting the phentratrim but getting the 2 week bottle just to check it out as the bigger one is expensive.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

**** my name is Lenore, I have been with MRC since Jan 20 and I have lost a total of 15 pounds! I am loving the way I feel and I am going to lose another 60 or so pounds. I look forward to learning how everyone else is doing. I am here for support and knowledge! Looking forward to chatting with everyone!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Welcome Lenore, You will definetely get support and tips, here. 15 lbs is a great number, I am sure you will do just fine.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
I am disappointed with myself, I did not take my hns supplements this weekend and had a slice of regular bread with my breakfast. My DH wanted to take us out for breakfast Saturday, so i had 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of reg bread. Then on Sunday, my friend came over to visit and as soon as I opened the door she handed me a chai tea latte from Starbucks that she had stopped to get for her and I. I couldn't say no, I felt rude, so I dranked it. Now I know I am out of ketosis for 3 days and my WI is tomorrow, I know I have gone up because my own scale says I am up 3 lbs, also I did not drink very much water this weekend. I am so frustrated and disappointed.
I completely understand being frustrated. I just got done having an off week (blamed it on being sick, but really I just didn't feel like eating what I was supposed to) and I also saw an increase on the scale of about 3 pounds. I'm sure some of what you saw on the scale was water weight. You can't change your choices this weekend (which don't really sound too bad to me) all you can do is follow your menu today and get back on track. I'm sure you'll see a decrease on the scale quickly. Keep your chin up-- it happens to all of us! I'm sure you'll figure things out.

Last edited by alexasmama; 03-16-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin2lose View Post
**** my name is Lenore, I have been with MRC since Jan 20 and I have lost a total of 15 pounds! I am loving the way I feel and I am going to lose another 60 or so pounds. I look forward to learning how everyone else is doing. I am here for support and knowledge! Looking forward to chatting with everyone!
Welcome Lenore! I'm glad you are here! Congrats on losing 15 pounds already!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #490  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Raven......... Missed seeing you girl! Are you out there hiding?

Okay welcome to all of you newbies and believe me this is one of the best and one of the toughest things you will do but it really is worth it! I'm heading into stabilization today! Tonight is my meeting and I never thought I would get there but I did! Hang in there and every part of the journey is a self discovery!

Good luck all!
Hi lv2ski

Congratulations on making it to stabilization!! You must be floating on cloud 9 I know that's how I'll feel when I get there. Hang tight, stabilization is where I fizzled out last year. Sending you

I went skiing last week, left on Wednesday and just took a break from the forum, which also means I took a break from plan. Hmm...as my daughter said last night...didn't you just do that 2 weeks ago

So I'm back at it again....these pesky final 5 pounds are so stubborn and keep outlasting my motivation. The good news is that I'm not beating myself up, and keep telling myself that I refuse to quit, no matter how many setbacks I have. So at least I know I won't gain anymore weight. It just might take me all flippin year to lose the final 5 I'm doing the metaslim type program this week- muscle milk light (160 calories and 23gms of protien) meal replacement shake for break. and lunch and op meal at dinner...hopefully it will counter the 5 days off plan and get me back in ketosis, then it's back to good old green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Wow...it has been about 3 1/2 months or so since I've been here on the boards. Like you, Shenanigan, I have also been off the wagon for the past few months. And I was SOO close to my goal...we were actually talking stabilization just before the holidays. I didn't want to stabilize during the holidays - thought I couldn't handle it...and now, here I am...having gotten back up to 146...and it's not the pounds - it's the inches!! I can SOOO tell where I've gained...all those great NSV's with the smaller clothes? Gone. And frankly I'm not even sure where to start again. I don't want to go back to my center, the counselors I loved seem to have disappeared - and the ones there seem only to want to sell me stuff and have NEVER done the plan themselves...which is weird to me. One is about 98 pounds soaking wet, and she is just AWFUL. When I walk in the door, she is so fake...and she offers NONE of the insight and tips that the other girls (who had DONE the program) did. SOOO, I just don't know...I see so many new people here - and have read a few days worth of posts...and I see some of you from the past who look TERRIFIC! Congrats...any words of encouragement will be appreciated. It is just so hard to start again - but I feel awful, sluggish, and just hate what I've done.
Hi SeminoleGirl,

I know exactly how you feel and there are several others out there in the same boat as you. I didn't go back to the center, but have been following the program on my own and getting the HNS online. I'm still struggling with the motivation factor, and may have done better if I was going to the center twice a week...it's hard to say. I do believe that the struggle is part of the process for me to break the unhealthy eating habits that are so deeply entrenched. Maybe for you too?? Anyway, the great news is that you are back and didn't allow yourself to go too far astray. so...just get back on the horse in whatever way works best for you. Some started from scratch and others just started back in on the green menu. You can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Hey everyone. I was doing so well, consistently losing even if it was just 1/2 a pound. I was so frustrated about only losing 1/2 on the tilapia/broccoli diet and went WAY off yesterday. I was up 3 freaking pounds on my scale this AM! OMG! I'm so frustrated and mad at myself. At this point I only have 6 weeks to lose 10 lbs (my goal with MRC). I've been back since December (3.5 months) and have only lost 5.5 lbs (if I'm really up 3 today).

I'm back on track today but I'm just so irritated. I don't understand why I go off the way I do. My "off" days are catastrophies, not just slip ups! Why oh why do we do these things? I don't even know (considering the last few weeks/months) if I can lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks! That's 1.6 lbs per week and I'm lucky if I get a pound per week. I'm not going to let them stabilize me until I'm like 2-3 lbs from goal (not 5-10) b/c I think I'll never make it!

Anyone else this close and keep "slipping" up? HELP!
Hi Rocki,

I've missed you and wondered how you were doing. Great you're back and sorry you're so irritated with yourself. I think that as we get close to goal our bodies are just more resistant to letting the weight go and we need to realize that it's going to take longer. Anyway, congrats on the loss and I'm sure that the 3lbs is just water. Hang in there!!! You'll do just fine. I'm with you, though, no stabilization until I'm within 2-3 lbs from goal!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #491  
This is the Last Time!

Hey there V!
I'm glad to see you still on here. I was doing so well (other than the slow losses) and the girl recommended the tilapia/broccoli diet for 4 days. I did it and still only lost a pound. After one day off it looked like I had gained the pound back. I totally lost my motivation at that point. So stupid, but it's what I usually end up doing. I really want to do the Metaquick diet but I SO miss my breakfast when I do. I'd like to have a normal breakfast and shake or bar for lunch and normal dinner but you're not "supposed" to a bar or shake more than 3 times per week if you're not doing the MQ diet. Maybe I'll just do 3 days in a row and see how it goes.

Hopefully most of that weight is water weight and I'll notice a loss in the next day or two. My center is having a pilates class tomorrow @ 5pm so I'm going to try that out. Hopefully it will be fun and kick me back into gear (I haven't worked out in about two months either).

Take care and KIT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven59 View Post
So I'm back at it again....these pesky final 5 pounds are so stubborn and keep outlasting my motivation. The good news is that I'm not beating myself up, and keep telling myself that I refuse to quit, no matter how many setbacks I have. So at least I know I won't gain anymore weight. It just might take me all flippin year to lose the final 5 I'm doing the metaslim type program this week- muscle milk light (160 calories and 23gms of protien) meal replacement shake for break. and lunch and op meal at dinner...hopefully it will counter the 5 days off plan and get me back in ketosis, then it's back to good old green.

Hi Rocki,

I've missed you and wondered how you were doing. Great you're back and sorry you're so irritated with yourself. I think that as we get close to goal our bodies are just more resistant to letting the weight go and we need to realize that it's going to take longer. Anyway, congrats on the loss and I'm sure that the 3lbs is just water. Hang in there!!! You'll do just fine. I'm with you, though, no stabilization until I'm within 2-3 lbs from goal!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #492  
This is the Last Time!

Sharrisse..Hey there..Glad to see you back. I really want to go through stabilization and maintenance @ MRC so I can get my money's worth but I can't justify paying the signing fee again when it's taken me over a year to lose 45 lbs! It's insane. I hope we can both get it done this itime around.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Raven-
Yeah it was nice to see the addition in my menu! Sometimes it's scarey but I think Mentally I'm ready to bring those foods back in! I didn't have such a great weekend but it didn't move the scale more than 1 1/2 lbs. Plus that could be water weight b/c TOM is about to start any minute! So next week's WI will be interesting! Kinda feel lost not going to the center more than once this week! Good luck and you can do this!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

My sister is having trouble losing the last 10 pounds. She is exercising like a maniac, and the counselors have recommended different strategies, but her weight has not budged. She has lost a ton inches though and appears very lean, she's supposed to do her body comp at the end of week.

My doc wants me to stop MRC because I've having difficulty with tremors and doc says no stimulants and wants me to slow down losing weight. I'm supposed to start a new menu where you lose 1-2 pounds/week. I guess I'll see how it goes. But hello to all the new folks, this is a great site!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #495  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Default Thanks...

Hi all - thanks for the replies...I have surely missed some of you guys...and am very excited for those of you new to the boards since I have been AWOL. I am sort of putting myself through a week of re-pre-conditioning. Getting my HNS in, struggling to get the water going like I was before...and making good choices along the way. Then I think I will stick with the green menu and see how it goes...it will be a shock enough to my system after my bad choices these past couple of months. Luckily, at my office - my lunch pal is doing SouthBeach with his wife, so we both are eating healthy salads, etc...he and my assistant are usually talking about what to have for lunch by 11am...and it consists of Taco Bell, Firehouse Subs, etc....so this is a welcome help just now. However, back in the fall, I lost 16 pounds and they were eating what they wanted all the time...I just said, NOPE. And was so happy...so still I am puzzled as to why I let this happen - the backsliding makes no sense. Total sabotage, lack of willpower - all my fault. No one ot blame but me...for success OR failure. It's in MY hands! Good luck this week, everyone...hope you all have an OP day today. - Rosemary
Closed Thread