Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Okay, I just thought I'd post what I did yesterday. I was having a bad day and craving all sorts of No No's. My son and I were planning to go to the movies, and I was frightened I'd cave and order popcorn or candy. So I made my own snack for the theater. I took a packet of HNS jello and added more Knox gelatin and made my own gummy "bears" (minus the bear)! I cut them into bite size pieces and enjoyed my own candy.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
NSV--I am now wearing the smallest size shirt at Lane Bryant...size 14/16...this is down from 22/24. My size 18 jeans that felt tight last week actually fit perfectly today...maybe even a bit loose around the waist! This is also down from a 22/24 (depending on brand) It was a good shopping day for me! I can't believe how close I am to shopping in "regular" stores!!!
Bonnie that's awesome! It really inspires me to see your losses every time you post - I have a very similar amt of weight to lose and am so excited to see your success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
Enjoy your visit and of course congrats! I live in Bluffton, we are neighbors
Hey Neighbor, it's great to know someone close by working towards the same goal :0) I visit the Savannah MRC in the Armstrong Center/Plaza - great group of girls there and I have been very happy so far - you go to Bluffton I assume? I am so glad you spoke up to the manager to make her aware of the issues - that's awesome - I hope everything turns up from here ;0)
Old 03-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
Okay, I just thought I'd post what I did yesterday. I was having a bad day and craving all sorts of No No's. My son and I were planning to go to the movies, and I was frightened I'd cave and order popcorn or candy. So I made my own snack for the theater. I took a packet of HNS jello and added more Knox gelatin and made my own gummy "bears" (minus the bear)! I cut them into bite size pieces and enjoyed my own candy.
WAY TO GO! That is a great idea that I may have to steal next time DH and I have a date night at the movies. I am having a hard time staying OP during the weekends because DH LOVES to eat out on the weekends. I may need to use your idea next time we go out.

I am having a really hard time getting back on track after being sick and moving (finally) to be with DH at his out of town job. I gained a pound at last weigh in and felt so extremely guilty about it. I know a lot of it was water weight because of having soup, but it still was discouraging. I had only been .9 pounds away from signing the 10 pound board, now I have a little further to go. I have had a good OP day today, because I am determined to get this weight off!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #469  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Wow...it has been about 3 1/2 months or so since I've been here on the boards. Like you, Shenanigan, I have also been off the wagon for the past few months. And I was SOO close to my goal...we were actually talking stabilization just before the holidays. I didn't want to stabilize during the holidays - thought I couldn't handle it...and now, here I am...having gotten back up to 146...and it's not the pounds - it's the inches!! I can SOOO tell where I've gained...all those great NSV's with the smaller clothes? Gone. And frankly I'm not even sure where to start again. I don't want to go back to my center, the counselors I loved seem to have disappeared - and the ones there seem only to want to sell me stuff and have NEVER done the plan themselves...which is weird to me. One is about 98 pounds soaking wet, and she is just AWFUL. When I walk in the door, she is so fake...and she offers NONE of the insight and tips that the other girls (who had DONE the program) did. SOOO, I just don't know...I see so many new people here - and have read a few days worth of posts...and I see some of you from the past who look TERRIFIC! Congrats...any words of encouragement will be appreciated. It is just so hard to start again - but I feel awful, sluggish, and just hate what I've done.
Our journeys sound very similar! I had an off-plan weekend, but I am going to try to get back on the diet tomorrow. I also have St. Pat's Day and I am definitely going to enjoy myself. I LOVE St. Pats Day and want to have fun with my friends. i have been preparing myself for this day by not having any alcohol or cheats (until this weekend! )
Good luck to everyone this week! My goal is to lose 1 pound.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #470  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Meemo, I've missed seeing you post!! Glad to see you back
Aw, thanks Love your new pic!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #471  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't feel like I can get through another lunch of Ginormous Salad! I used to LOVE salad. Now, I dread it. It's not the salad, really, but the size. I feel like a little kid trying to prepare to take cod liver oil. Is there any way around the salad thing? Is there a way to change it up that I am not seeing? Can my "salad" be lightly steamed, perhaps?

Another question: Can we have balsamic vinegar?
Cucumbers!!! Lots of cukes with some tomatoes & a little lettuce/spinach/broccoli/whatever. Sometimes I skip the lettuce altogether.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #472  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Hi! I am brand new and starting today! REALLY nervous, because stuff has failed in the past.. I want this SOO bad! Glad to see this support site,and all your success stories really inspired me to go ahead and take the plunge..:
Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #473  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Hi! I am brand new and starting today! REALLY nervous, because stuff has failed in the past.. I want this SOO bad! Glad to see this support site,and all your success stories really inspired me to go ahead and take the plunge..:
Hi and welcome!! You can do this. Keep coming back to this side for support and help. I had struggled and struggled with weightloss and then just decided that this was my time and now I weigh less than I have in probably 15 years. The people on this board are very supportive and encouraging. Be sure to check out the recipe thread because there are a lot of ideas to change up your meals and keep it interesting.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #474  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Thanks so much, Cari! I appreciate that so much! May I ask a question? How do you get the little tickers at the bottom? So cute!
And YEA! for you on the loss so far, AWESOME!!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasmama View Post
WAY TO GO! That is a great idea that I may have to steal next time DH and I have a date night at the movies. I am having a hard time staying OP during the weekends because DH LOVES to eat out on the weekends. I may need to use your idea next time we go out.

I am having a really hard time getting back on track after being sick and moving (finally) to be with DH at his out of town job. I gained a pound at last weigh in and felt so extremely guilty about it. I know a lot of it was water weight because of having soup, but it still was discouraging. I had only been .9 pounds away from signing the 10 pound board, now I have a little further to go. I have had a good OP day today, because I am determined to get this weight off!
You'll do it, if you just ignore the numbers on the scale. I was beginning to panick because I've set a goal to lose 10 more lbs before Easter (we're going on a cruise). I've been worrying that I won't make it and will be self conscious in my swim suit. I realized whatever I lose will look better than the way I was.

I've been having some troubles on this blue plan. I didn't have any cravings or hunger on preconditioning or the yellow plan. The blue is another story. I can't wait to get to green. Hopefully, it will be better. Yesterday, I thought about everything under the sun. I had visions of cupcakes in my head all day. I tried to drink decaf green tea, drink more water, etc. Finally, I cut a sliver off one of the meal replacement bars and slowly nibbled on it. It did the trick. Hopefully, it won't slip me up.

I kept thinking of one of Richard Simmons' sayings, "A sliver leads to a slab; a slab leads to a slob."
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Raven......... Missed seeing you girl! Are you out there hiding?

Okay welcome to all of you newbies and believe me this is one of the best and one of the toughest things you will do but it really is worth it! I'm heading into stabilization today! Tonight is my meeting and I never thought I would get there but I did! Hang in there and every part of the journey is a self discovery!

Good luck all!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Another NSV (I am so starting the week out right!) My husband rents office space that has 5 offices in it which he rents out to other professionals. I work at the front desk..and because my husband is my boss I don't work very often (there is always too much to get done at home!) I only work a couple of days a week. Well today the psychologist that works in one of the back offices came in while I was cleaning up the kitchen (where is office is). I have seen about 10 times total in the year we have all been here. He introduced himself to me like we had never met before. I politely joked about how I work at the front desk and we had met a couple times before. He looked at me like I was crazy, and then was like "wow, you look totally different! Did something change?" He was really embarrassed I am sure he didn't want to comment on my weight so I told him I have lost over 50 pounds. He was so happy for me! Not only that, in the past when I came in to work I would wear frumpy sweaters, dark pants and flat shoes. Today I am wearing a cute little (size 14!!) top that is flowing, a skirt thats just above the knees and 4 inch heels. I had been feeling like no one other than MRC people and my husband were noticing...but now I feel great that someone didn't even recognize me!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Welcome Janett, you will see dramatic results if you stick to it. We all have struggles but we manage to support each other.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Welcome! We are glad you are here... you will find GREAT support on this site- and I think everyone has experience how frustrating it is to try other things and they don't work well. I'm excited to be with you on your journey!

As far as the weight loss ticker, I'm pretty sure you have to be a member of this site for 30 days before you can put one up- but I"m not completely sure- I'm pretty new here myself.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

I am disappointed with myself, I did not take my hns supplements this weekend and had a slice of regular bread with my breakfast. My DH wanted to take us out for breakfast Saturday, so i had 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of reg bread. Then on Sunday, my friend came over to visit and as soon as I opened the door she handed me a chai tea latte from Starbucks that she had stopped to get for her and I. I couldn't say no, I felt rude, so I dranked it. Now I know I am out of ketosis for 3 days and my WI is tomorrow, I know I have gone up because my own scale says I am up 3 lbs, also I did not drink very much water this weekend. I am so frustrated and disappointed.
Closed Thread