Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #316  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobbs55 View Post
how do you get to the mrc receipe forum
The MRC recipe forum is at the top of the MRC thread. Enjoy!!! There's lots of great recipes there to keep your meals lively!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #317  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
I once asked my center about a similar thing, they said not all protein is the same. The HNS are made with whey protein and help you stay in ketosis and is better for your body. If you are not losing, you might want to change that and go back to HNS. Just an FYI.
Thanks for the tip. I have assumed that the reason I haven't been losing is because I keep going off plan every 3-4 days. I'll give it 2 weeks perfectly on plan and if I don't see a loss, I'll switch back to the whey and see if it makes a difference. It will be an interesting experiment and I can be the guinea pig.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default gobble gobble

Ha!
I made the Turkey Lasagna Sunday eve and noticed the same thing - it was very watery/soupy and the tomato supplement left much to be desired. I cut it up into the 6 servings and put it into containers for lunches etc. I noticed it tasted a little better as a leftover though so if that helps?? I asked the MRC counselor today wondering if she had ever heard that before and she seemed to have no idea so, oh well. I too would prefer to use less zucchini and instead use more tomato to make the sauce myself skipping the tomato supplement while still getting in those veggies. Let me know if you try it and how that works out.

I also made the Amazing Cheesecake recipe.... I LOVED THIS!!! I've had it for breakfast 2 days in a row! It is so delicious. 2 tips though: don't put the gelatin in the bottom of the blender - it solidifies there as soon as you add the cold stuff - instead mix the powder in with the other ingredients. Also, do not crush up the melba toast then measure out 1 cup - gives you too many servings of carb with ea slice - I made this mistake and now have to guesstimate and scrape off some melba each time - try to just crush up 4 servings of the melba and use that. IT IS SO WORTH IT!

Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
Hello,

You know I thought that was just me. Last week was my first week on the plan and though I was feeling good and not hungry I too, got a bit lightheaded and dizzy. After sitting down for a minute it passed. I am glad I am not the only one.

So, today is my day 10 on the plan and I went in for a WI. I was a bit nervous since last Sat night I had to go off plan a little. We had an event to go to and got there about 2:30 (so I had eatten a good lunch) but we were there until about midnight. I knew we were going to be a there a while so I tried to bring in my raw veggies in my bag, but they inspected my purse and found them and made me throw out the food I was trying to "smuggle" in as well as the $5 bottle of water I had just bought in their parking lot from their vendors before going into the arena So after much running around, I finally found a grilled chicken and swiss sandwich that I tried my best to pick apart for dinner.

But I was down 1 pound since last Friday for a total of 5 pounds in 10 days. I was hoping it was going to be a bit more but that is an average of 1 pound gone every 2 days. And in looking at the big picture, I want to lose 50 I only have 45 more to go.

I also tried the Turkey Lasagna receipe last night. I whipped up a batch and took it for lunch today. It was alright. The zucchini seemed to make it really watery. I don't think I am a fan of the tomato supplement. Its edible but I think next time I might try to revamp the receipe with just pureed tomatoes and more spices.

Congrats to everyone--it sounds as if all of you are doing great with dropping the pounds or staying on track with exercise.

Last edited by Karen1234; 03-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I've been struggling with the emotional factors here to stay on track. One of my clients got me The 4 day DietI've been doing alot of journaling about habits I want to change, other goals I have beside weight loss, and how to motivate myself. I am surprised at how hard it is to be really honest with myself and think about why I want to down that pint of butter pecan ice cream. I'm really afraid of failing and not trying again, but I'm more afraid of having a heart attack at 40 years old. My sister reminded my that I am rediscovering myself. Sometimes I wish that there is a magic wand adn whoosh our bodies change. I think MRC is the closest thing to the magic wand. Hang in there everyone!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #320  
Shannon

Default Hello everyone!

Okay, I fell off the MRC wagon for pretty much November-February. So while the good news is I only gained 4 pounds, the bad news is I now have only 2 1/2 months to get to my goal weight. Plus, I have my bachelorette party and Spring Break in there as well. But I am convinced I can at least lose 12 of it by the big wedding date!

There is no way i can catch up with the posts, but I look forward to chatting with you all again!

hey, Dixie: I followed your advice and started on the yellow all over again! UGH!

Shannon
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #321  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Weight loss

I am so excited I have lost another 4 pounds this week.I am not sure what I did different except take a break from exercising.I don't think I was getting enough calories for the amount of exercise I was doing.I am so excited I finally made it under 180 even if it is only by half a pound.
Congrats to everyone on there weight loss's.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriannia View Post
I've been struggling with the emotional factors here to stay on track. One of my clients got me The 4 day DietI've been doing alot of journaling about habits I want to change, other goals I have beside weight loss, and how to motivate myself. I am surprised at how hard it is to be really honest with myself and think about why I want to down that pint of butter pecan ice cream. I'm really afraid of failing and not trying again, but I'm more afraid of having a heart attack at 40 years old. My sister reminded my that I am rediscovering myself. Sometimes I wish that there is a magic wand adn whoosh our bodies change. I think MRC is the closest thing to the magic wand. Hang in there everyone!
I feel the same way. I live in a constant fear of cheating and then blowing the whole thing off. I have been on program for 3 days and then I start thinking what if I get tired of this way of eating or cheat and then never go back. This is my last chance. I have tried it 3 times and it always happens that way. I have been encouraged though, I have been on it for three days and my pants are looser and my face looks thinner. That's what will keep me going.

Also, if we think this program is too restrictive, think how restrictive it is not to fit in a carnival ride or hang over the person sitting next to you in a theater. Not being able to find nice clothes that look good on you, THAT IS RESTRICTIVE...... Just a thought for the day.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanori View Post
I am so excited I have lost another 4 pounds this week.I am not sure what I did different except take a break from exercising.I don't think I was getting enough calories for the amount of exercise I was doing.I am so excited I finally made it under 180 even if it is only by half a pound.
Congrats to everyone on there weight loss's.

congrats on your loss I weigh the same amount as when you started, so there is hope for me. How long did it take you to lose the 47 lbs?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #324  

YAY Lori!!!!! You're almost to 50#!!!! Try carrying around 5 10# bags of sugar!! Way to go!!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
Hello,

You know I thought that was just me. Last week was my first week on the plan and though I was feeling good and not hungry I too, got a bit lightheaded and dizzy. After sitting down for a minute it passed. I am glad I am not the only one.

e.
I too experienced the dizzy feeling, it was crazy, it actually scared me half to death, but it passed, it will pass. I am on day 14 now I do believe, I went in for weigh in at day 10 was down 6.5 lbs, but I have a long way to go. I have learned if I count back like I no longer have 101 lbs to lose but now i have 94.5 lbs it makes the bigger picture easier for me. Congrats on your weight loss!

Last edited by Jennifer73; 03-05-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #326  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Okay, I fell off the MRC wagon for pretty much November-February. So while the good news is I only gained 4 pounds, the bad news is I now have only 2 1/2 months to get to my goal weight. Plus, I have my bachelorette party and Spring Break in there as well. But I am convinced I can at least lose 12 of it by the big wedding date!

There is no way i can catch up with the posts, but I look forward to chatting with you all again!

hey, Dixie: I followed your advice and started on the yellow all over again! UGH!

Shannon
Shannon...I've missed you. I fell off the wagon in January and am just starting to get back on myself!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #327  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
I too experienced the dizzy feeling, it was crazy, it actually scared me half to death, but it passed, it will pass. I am on day 14 now I do believe, I went in for weigh in at day 10 was down 6.5 lbs, but I have a long way to go. I have learned if I count back like I no longer have 101 lbs to lose but now i have 94.5 lbs it makes the bigger picture easier for me. Congrats on your weight loss!

Don't look at the big picture. Take one week at a time, or maybe, one day at a time. That is what I have been doing. I have failed two times before for the same reason that I look at the big 50 lbs I have to lose.
Now, I only take one day at a time and at the end of the day, I feel I have accomplished so much and that gives me power to face the next day. I just put in my head that everyday I will look a tad bit better.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #328  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
congrats on your loss I weigh the same amount as when you started, so there is hope for me. How long did it take you to lose the 47 lbs?
I started last May but kinda fell of the wagon in November and December.LOL.The plan works really well if you stick to it exactly.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #329  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
YAY Lori!!!!! You're almost to 50#!!!! Try carrying around 5 10# bags of sugar!! Way to go!!
Thanks.I am really excited.I think I will pass on carrying the sugar around though.I did that for long enough.LOL.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

Fell off the wagon AGAIN... grrrr.. I don't know what to do, i just can't get past a couple days of being 100% on plan and then eat something i'm not supposed to, I am so frusterated with myself, but still continue to do the same thing over and over. I know its not emotional eating because nothing is wrong or upsetting or anything when i slip up, its just that i feel like eating "whatever" the thing may be... Its like because this plan is so restrictive i crave food and things more than i ever have in my life! So i do and then i eat more of whatever else i want because i figure i should take advantage of the one day i messed up so i can follow it again perfectly the next day. Im mad because i know this plan works really wel... only if you follow it, but i just can't seem to follow it for more than a couple of days. I do great with the meals because i cook ahead, but its bites of this, or pieces of candy here and there, or a donut and a half because they are at work and i wanted to eat a piece of it, then it goes to well i've been craving french fries so since i've already messed up and ate the donut and a half, i will go ahead and get my french fry craving out of the way too.. I've tried but i just don't know how to get re moviated to follow it again. I should of never slipped up in the first place because now i know it just is impossible for me to get back on track.
HELP!! Any suggestions at all?? PLEASE?? Should i just give up for now? When i have days that i slip up should i just not eat the rest of the day? THis has been going on for MONTHS and i just don't know what to do to stop it

Last edited by LauraSerendipity; 03-06-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread