Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #451  
Junior Member
 
tmlmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hello all~

Wow, it has been a few days since I have been on. Congratulations to everyone. I only hope I am as successful as all of you.

I did take the advice and talk to the manager at my center. She said she will talk to the others to make sure everyone is "on par" together.

I went to WI today. I was a bit disappointed by my weight loss. Only .5 since Tuesday so I only lost 1.5 lbs this week. But I do think I lost more. I know I shouldn't do this but I do get on my scale at home everyday. I have found that my scale weighs me 1.5 pounds less then the centers scale. When I came home I weighed myself pants on then took off my pants and I was 1 pounds lighter without my pants. I didn't think I wore a really thick heavy pair of jeans today and that I guess added to my weight. Normally I wear thin lightweight linen type pants that hardly weight anything.

But, I finally got measured today and I am EXTREMELY HAPPY. This is my day 19 and I have lost a total of 7.5 lbs and 18.5 inches. I can deal with the scale moving slowly if I have the inches melting away.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
tmlmommy is offline  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #452  
Senior Member
 
Karen1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 485

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
PHP Code:
This is a big step for meI put my weight on my tickerI haven't done that before because I NEVER tell anyone my weight. My husband and I have been married for 19 years and I never told him my weight before (even when I wasn't overweight when we got married). I'm trying to do things differently now because the way I dealt with my weight before obviously didn't workI'm trying to be more open and acknowledge my weight now. I kept telling myself that I would put it on my ticker but was still too embarrassed. I know that's ridiculous because we are all in the same boat here and encouraging each otherbut I still couldn't do it. I told myself last week that I would do it when I got into the 160's
Congratulations on this big step. I know how you feel. I haven't told my husband what I weigh since our honeymoon (and that's only because I was skinny). When I joined this board, I initially put up my picture, but I took it off because I was afraid someone I know would see what I weigh (like they can't tell I'm overweight lol). You've lost so much weight and look so beautiful. You're an inspiration to me.
Wow.... Reading all of your posts makes me feel so much better ... all of you have confessed everything I'm feeling on a daily basis and I never realized others really felt just the same. I've never ever ever told my husband my weight - even when I was 135, 145, 155 etc. I always that that was too fat - I had a very distorted self image as a teenager when we met and we've been married now for 15 years. When I was pregnant and went from 175 to 240, I was so embarrased to weigh more than him that I refused to let him come with me into the triage area when being weighed. He had to wait outside until the nurse retreived him. Now-a-days whenever he comes into the office as I'm tip tapping away, I always shrink the page down or I'll scroll away from a line w/my name, ticker etc. And finally, everyone in the house has to leave the room when I step onto the WII Fit b/c it weighs you as well - family finds this very annoying. I'm sure he has some idea what I weigh by now but I have just never had the guts to just say it out loud. Although I must say, the day I came home and told him that I truly need to lose about 100 lbs, his eyes virtually bugged out of his head and he said "oh that's not true", but really it was - I think that scared me into not saying anymore. He knows my MRC goal currently is 72 lbs - so like Bonnie says, duhh... he can still do the math, so why the great veil of secrecy? I don't know. Anyways, I've never posted my pic for the same reason - what if someone I know and have told about this site sees my pic and knows how much I weigh? (P.S. I love this site so much I tell alot of people) It would be humiliating. I guess maybe it's because even I don't want to think I weigh this much - many times I can hardly believe it to be completely honest. Posting my weight on my ticker was a huge step for me too so Shelby, I am right there with you. Horray for us and Horray for you for being more out in the open, I'm not that brave yet but I probably will be once i'm in the 170's :0) - that's my # of honesty I think.
Karen1234 is offline  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #453  
Senior Member
 
Karen1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 485

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
PHP Code:
This is a big step for meI put my weight on my tickerI haven't done that before because I NEVER tell anyone my weight. My husband and I have been married for 19 years and I never told him my weight before (even when I wasn't overweight when we got married). I'm trying to do things differently now because the way I dealt with my weight before obviously didn't workI'm trying to be more open and acknowledge my weight now. I kept telling myself that I would put it on my ticker but was still too embarrassed. I know that's ridiculous because we are all in the same boat here and encouraging each otherbut I still couldn't do it. I told myself last week that I would do it when I got into the 160's
Congratulations on this big step. I know how you feel. I haven't told my husband what I weigh since our honeymoon (and that's only because I was skinny). When I joined this board, I initially put up my picture, but I took it off because I was afraid someone I know would see what I weigh (like they can't tell I'm overweight lol). You've lost so much weight and look so beautiful. You're an inspiration to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer73 View Post
Hi all,
Just wanted to check in really fast- I went for WI today, day 21, down 11.5 lbs. I am excited cause now I can say good bye 240s, good bye 230s , really makes me feel good and instead of saying I have 101 to go or 90 I can now say 89, those little steps make a huge difference! I am excited!

Congratulations Jennifer - I knew you would do it - you signed the 10 lb board.. whoo hoo! That is awesome
Karen1234 is offline  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #454  
Senior Member
 
Karen1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 485

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Quick Update

I went for WI today, down 12.5 lbs now ... whoo hoo!! I have been thinking about the 39.5" lost and the fact that most of you have been posting 11" losses etc so started adding up the #'s she told me and thought, this isn't calculting right.... so, I asked the counselor to recalculate last week's measurements and sure enough, it was an error - I knew it was too good to be true - lost actually 24" which is still remarkable to me! Just wanted to clarify incase all of you were beginning to self doubt!! :0) Anyways, we're headed to Florida tomorrow to visit my family for a day - only 3 1/2 hr ride from Savannah so we'll be back same night. I miss them so much and just can't wait until Easter :0) This is my first time travelling on metabolic - thank goodness only 1 day and mom already eats like me anyways so it ought to be fine... have a great weekend all!!!
Karen1234 is offline  
Old 03-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #455  
Junior Member
 
girlie156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lecompton, KS
Posts: 6

S/C/G: 245.5/218.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

So it is day 31 and I am down 15.5lbs and also 18.5 inches. It is exciting and keeping me motivated
girlie156 is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #456  
Junior Member
 
Shelby63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Wow.... Reading all of your posts makes me feel so much better ... all of you have confessed everything I'm feeling on a daily basis and I never realized others really felt just the same. I've never ever ever told my husband my weight - even when I was 135, 145, 155 etc. I always that that was too fat - I had a very distorted self image as a teenager when we met and we've been married now for 15 years. When I was pregnant and went from 175 to 240, I was so embarrased to weigh more than him that I refused to let him come with me into the triage area when being weighed. He had to wait outside until the nurse retreived him. Now-a-days whenever he comes into the office as I'm tip tapping away, I always shrink the page down or I'll scroll away from a line w/my name, ticker etc. And finally, everyone in the house has to leave the room when I step onto the WII Fit b/c it weighs you as well - family finds this very annoying. I'm sure he has some idea what I weigh by now but I have just never had the guts to just say it out loud. Although I must say, the day I came home and told him that I truly need to lose about 100 lbs, his eyes virtually bugged out of his head and he said "oh that's not true", but really it was - I think that scared me into not saying anymore. He knows my MRC goal currently is 72 lbs - so like Bonnie says, duhh... he can still do the math, so why the great veil of secrecy? I don't know. Anyways, I've never posted my pic for the same reason - what if someone I know and have told about this site sees my pic and knows how much I weigh? (P.S. I love this site so much I tell alot of people) It would be humiliating. I guess maybe it's because even I don't want to think I weigh this much - many times I can hardly believe it to be completely honest. Posting my weight on my ticker was a huge step for me too so Shelby, I am right there with you. Horray for us and Horray for you for being more out in the open, I'm not that brave yet but I probably will be once i'm in the 170's :0) - that's my # of honesty I think.
I know what you mean about the hospital. When I was in the hospital years ago, I made the nurse send my husband out the room for weigh in. I remember being shocked and mortified at my weight of 155. What I wouldn't give to be that right now!! I'd feel so skinny. But I will do it soon. So will you. Hopefully, we will continue this eating style forever.

I do worry that my impending cruise will slip me up. I joined MRC because I wanted to be less self conscious on the vacation. Now, I care more about getting to goal, feeling healthier, and correcting all those demons. I hated being a slave to food. I like this light, energetic feeling I have now. I love the good feelings I now have about myself. I used to sit there and wonder what was wrong with me. Why I did I have such little control? I want to thank you all for posting here. I think this board has as big an impact on me as my diet center. You've all been keeping me on track for days now (a big deal in my life) and you don't even know me.
Shelby63 is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #457  
Dixie
 
DKRiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 207

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I go next Thursday for the fitting. Yikes! I did lose 2 more pounds this week.
I need to find shoes now. I am so stressed. What was I thinking planning this for May? Plus, I have school, selling my house, moving to his house, my school's fundraiser, and 2 conferences I need to go to. I am crazy!

How have you been? I have missed our daily chats!
Well Good For You 2lbs thats Great Shannon... YAYA!!! Your to do list is crazy haha but oh so much fun.... Be sure to schedule another fitting when the day gets closer, I'm sure you will need it as your losses increase.

Namaste - Oh My Gosh you have lost over half of yourself. How is stabilization going? You really are amazing my friend.

Finz - you are at 150lbs, gosh that is awesome.
DKRiley is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #458  
Senior Member
 
KeepinOnandOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Papillion, Nebraska
Posts: 282

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

It's amazing that when you have feelings of shame somehow you feel you're the only one who feels that way but as soon as you share those feelings with others, people open up and say they have been feeling the same way and even doing the same things as you! Thanks to all of you who have shared your similar feelings. Sounds like we have been dealing with the shame in the same way. I have to say that it is very freeing to let go of the shame and be open. You really do feel like there is a weight lifted from your shoulders (and I don't mean physically) I have a wonderful husband who told me I was the most beautiful woman in the world when I was 250lbs. so why would I be embarrassed with him? It had nothing to do with him and everything to do with me and my guilt and shame. The physical weight losses have been wonderful to experience but the mental "weight" losses that go along with it are amazing!

Welcome to all the newbies! Keep reading all the posts and asking questions. I get excited all over again when I read about the big losses you have in the beginning. It keeps me motivated.

Congrats to all of you who have had losses this week. I started taking the MRC flax instead of my wal-mart brand because my loss had slowed to about 2lbs. per week and one of the counselors said it made a difference for another client. In the last 2 weeks, I lost 3lb. at both my weigh ins. Maybe it does make a difference or maybe its just a coincidence...not sure but I'm going to keep taking the MRC flax just in case It looks like stabilization is only a few weeks away
KeepinOnandOn is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #459  
Member
 
sharriannia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

Well I finally git back on track this week. After 2 weeks of struggling to eat OP, I finally got back on and losing again !! I lost 3lbs this week!! I need to figure the tickers, I am enjoying watching everyone's work toward their goal Its so encouraging to read everyone else's struggles and realize that I'm not alone and other people have worked through similar issues and have been successful in their weight loss and in establishing a new healthy habits
sharriannia is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #460  
Junior Member
 
Shelby63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 23

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Default

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't feel like I can get through another lunch of Ginormous Salad! I used to LOVE salad. Now, I dread it. It's not the salad, really, but the size. I feel like a little kid trying to prepare to take cod liver oil. Is there any way around the salad thing? Is there a way to change it up that I am not seeing? Can my "salad" be lightly steamed, perhaps?

Another question: Can we have balsamic vinegar?
Shelby63 is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #461  
Member
 
sharriannia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

I was told no balsamic vinegar, but I eat col cooked veggies. I made the mistake only once of having a spinach salad for lunch. I still shiver when I think of spinach!!!!
sharriannia is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #462  
Member
 
sharriannia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 50

S/C/G: 221/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

cold cooked veggies
sharriannia is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #463  
Member
 
Jennifer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 51

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
I went for WI today, down 12.5 lbs now ... whoo hoo!! I have been thinking about the 39.5" lost and the fact that most of you have been posting 11" losses etc so started adding up the #'s she told me and thought, this isn't calculting right.... so, I asked the counselor to recalculate last week's measurements and sure enough, it was an error - I knew it was too good to be true - lost actually 24" which is still remarkable to me! Just wanted to clarify incase all of you were beginning to self doubt!! :0) Anyways, we're headed to Florida tomorrow to visit my family for a day - only 3 1/2 hr ride from Savannah so we'll be back same night. I miss them so much and just can't wait until Easter :0) This is my first time travelling on metabolic - thank goodness only 1 day and mom already eats like me anyways so it ought to be fine... have a great weekend all!!!
Enjoy your visit and of course congrats! I live in Bluffton, we are neighbors
Jennifer73 is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #464  
Member
 
SeminoleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 76

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Okay, I fell off the MRC wagon for pretty much November-February. So while the good news is I only gained 4 pounds, the bad news is I now have only 2 1/2 months to get to my goal weight. Plus, I have my bachelorette party and Spring Break in there as well. But I am convinced I can at least lose 12 of it by the big wedding date!

There is no way i can catch up with the posts, but I look forward to chatting with you all again!

hey, Dixie: I followed your advice and started on the yellow all over again! UGH!

Shannon
Wow...it has been about 3 1/2 months or so since I've been here on the boards. Like you, Shenanigan, I have also been off the wagon for the past few months. And I was SOO close to my goal...we were actually talking stabilization just before the holidays. I didn't want to stabilize during the holidays - thought I couldn't handle it...and now, here I am...having gotten back up to 146...and it's not the pounds - it's the inches!! I can SOOO tell where I've gained...all those great NSV's with the smaller clothes? Gone. And frankly I'm not even sure where to start again. I don't want to go back to my center, the counselors I loved seem to have disappeared - and the ones there seem only to want to sell me stuff and have NEVER done the plan themselves...which is weird to me. One is about 98 pounds soaking wet, and she is just AWFUL. When I walk in the door, she is so fake...and she offers NONE of the insight and tips that the other girls (who had DONE the program) did. SOOO, I just don't know...I see so many new people here - and have read a few days worth of posts...and I see some of you from the past who look TERRIFIC! Congrats...any words of encouragement will be appreciated. It is just so hard to start again - but I feel awful, sluggish, and just hate what I've done.
SeminoleGirl is offline  
Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #465  
Senior Member
 
BonnieMcC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 170

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

NSV--I am now wearing the smallest size shirt at Lane Bryant...size 14/16...this is down from 22/24. My size 18 jeans that felt tight last week actually fit perfectly today...maybe even a bit loose around the waist! This is also down from a 22/24 (depending on brand) It was a good shopping day for me! I can't believe how close I am to shopping in "regular" stores!!!
BonnieMcC is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.