Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #256  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Two dumb questions:
1. Do you weigh your meat before or after you cook it?
2. How do you boil an egg? I know...I know...is there anything easier than boiling an egg? The answer is YES! I have never been able to get the shell off of an egg that I've boiled without destroying the egg. I know this is user error because boiled eggs from the cafeteria come out of their shells quite nicely.

You weigh it after it's cooked - that goes for the veggies too(if your going to cook them) I'm not so confident on the boiling of the eggs myself - but I usually put them into the boiling water and then let them cook about 15 mins...never had a problem with them not getting done or anything.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #257  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

[QUOTE=JSTUCKLY;2280393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Don't stress too much. It is a lot to figure out. I had 1 too many HNS for over a week before we figured it out.

Thanks they might by why I get so hungry at night...lol I really stupefied that one up. But I am almost down 5 pounds... Lest see now that I do it right how much I lose. Do u drink them 4 times a day

I really struggled with this in the begining too! Snacking & watching TV go hand in hand I think. That's usually when I'll cheat.....but I eventually was able to add the creamy HNS to my menu (day 11) and they helped alot. I could make the "rootbeer floats" and really feel like I was getting a treat. Also the sugar-free jello with sugar free whipped topping has helped get me through some really tough "munchie" times. I think the fiber drinks really do work too - but try them warm , it's really soothing somehow. Hang it there....it really does get easier!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #258  
Shannon

Momofboys

I took your advice and blended my HNS with ice. It was like drinking a smoothie! Thanks for the tip. I had two of them that way today and think that it makes a perfect "dessert"! You saved me! I am trying not to do the Crystal
light just yet. Since my center was split on whether or not to allow them yet. I will try to stay exactly OP as long as I can.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #259  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Meemo! You skank!! I can't believe you've been lying through your ticker!

Having said that, I'm excited for you to be back on plan. You certainly know it backwards and forwards, and I'm envious of your friend whose doing this with you. She's lucky to have you!
I know, I am so bad! Kept thinking I'd get those few lbs off in no time, but noooooo......
It's honest now, tho - just fixed it! LOL
Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #260  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
What a great pic! Sometimes it really does take pictures for us to see the difference. Have a safe trip!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #261  
Shannon

Quote:
My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
Holy cow! You look fabulous!!!! I hope that makes you feel like a million bucks. You sure look like it!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 PM   #262  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Thanks for this info. I hate that because I sure didn't want to buy any shakes. I guess I will have to. Today I did 2 bars and planned on doing that all week. It's a good thing I asked.
Just a heads up - the shakes are MUCH cheaper at bariatricchoice than they are from MRC. A little something I didn't know until it was too late, but plan to take advantage of next time!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 07-21-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #263  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Yes!!! Thanks Crystal! You are always a big help.
You are doing soooo good Jennifer! Wow! We started at the same time and you are almost at the 40 lb board... WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
No, I think you might be hungrier.
I agree...the bars just dont fill me up as well either. Even tho the shakes taste like cake batter to me - they are filling!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #264  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
No problem , i am glad i could help but also thank crystal she has been so helpful ,she is the one that gave me all the info THANKS CRYSTAL!!!
You're too sweet.
Quote:
Two dumb questions:
1. Do you weigh your meat before or after you cook it?
2. How do you boil an egg? I know...I know...is there anything easier than boiling an egg? The answer is YES! I have never been able to get the shell off of an egg that I've boiled without destroying the egg. I know this is user error because boiled eggs from the cafeteria come out of their shells quite nicely.
I boil them, drain off the hot water, gently shake them in the pan to crack the shells & make it easier to peel, then cover with cold water. They are easier to peel when they are cooled off. The whites stay intact much better. Also, if you are using fresh farm eggs - they tend to not peel as well either...at least not for me.

DKRiley - YOU look fabulous! Isn't it great to be able to SEE the difference. I still don't have any progress pics of me - I'll just have to do that the week.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 07-21-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Strawberry-I just looked at Bariatricchoice (recommended by Crystal) and they have the tomato supplement. I also asked about it when I stopped in my center this past weekend, and they told me that the current tomato supplement is in the process of being replaced by a new and improved version.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #266  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Meemo Good for you for recognizing the need to get back in control. That's a huge fear of mine--just to let it go until it gets out of hand.

DKRiley Wow! You look fantastic! Those pictures should really inspire you to keep on going!

Gma to 4/Judy Thanks for the report on Denise's peer inspiration talk. You are right--she really is such a role model and has been truly an inspiration to all of us.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #267  
Bonnie

Hi all! I'm back! I've lurked on and off for the last two months, both on the boards and also with my weight. I've been in a vicious fight with myself but have finally come to the point where I'm ready to press on! I've learned some important lessons the last couple months:
1. I don't feel very good when I eat garbage and I get moodier.
2. It really, truly is possible to maintain the loss.
3. I am worth getting to my final goal!

So, I press forward with my first goal to say farewell to the 180s - that gives me 2 pounds to lose...

p.s. I've missed you all and am so glad to see so many of you still plugging along!

Last edited by bomaze; 07-22-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #268  
Bonnie

Oh and to she that asked about hard cooking eggs, I had the same question and someone told me the following, which I have found to be perfect:

1. Put the eggs in a pan and cover with cold tap water.
2. Put on the stove and bring to a boil.
3. Once the water hits a hard boil, shut off/remove from the heat and put a lid on the pot.
4. Set a timer for 20 minutes (I do 25 here, since I'm at 5800 feet).
5. Once the timer goes off, drain the water from the pot (eggs still in it).
6. Fill the pot with ice and then with water. Add more ice if it melts and move the water, ice and eggs around a little to make sure the cold goes throughout the pot. (The colder the better. This is the step that makes the shells come off easily.)
7. After about ten minutes, drain off water and put eggs in the fridge.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:08 AM   #269  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone

I just had to come out of the lurker's closet and tell everyone about Namaste's Peer Inspiration class. It was absolutely amazing!!! She is simply amazing. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. She truly spoke to our hearts. Of course there was a little Namaste humor too. Namaste/Denise shared her weight loss journey. I wish everyone here could have been there. I hope Denise posts her journey in her blog. Thank you sooooooo much for sharing a piece of yourself with us.
It was great meeting your family too.
For those of you that don't know, Namaste and I are about the same height and started our weight loss journey at about the same starting weight. I consider her my mini me. I love watching her progress.

Gma/Judy, I wish I could have chatted with you more at the meeting. Your clavicles look wonderful I enjoy reading your posts here. You are very encouraging/inspiring. Can't wait to hear you give a Peer Inspiration class.

ShineOn, looks like you're taking a nice ride on the fat burnin' bus. WOW, 5 pounds! You look so skinny these days. Love your current pics. A big congrats on signing the 90 pound board. That is such a huge accomplishment! You are truly a shero! I can relate to slipping back to old eating habits. Why do we do this to ourselves? Also like you, I find it easier to get right back on the wagon with the lessons I've learned from MRC. I really liked Goal4life's idea of hanging the before picture of ourselves to remind us where we don't want to go back to.

DKRiley, Pictures speak a thousand words as they say. Your pics sure do. Sometimes you have to see the inches lost rather than feel them lost in your clothes. Like I've said before, Inches lost always means fat loss, but the scale could be water loss, hairloss, clothes loss, muscle loss, etc. You look wonderful in your after pic. CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations to Crystal and Diana for signing the long awaited 30 pound board. That is a major amount of weight. Signing the 30 lb board was a turning point for me. It was the point of no return. I felt I could go on to lose the rest of my weight.

Strawberry, I get a kick out of your posts. You are entertaining and informative.

Finz, Thanks for all the kind words you've said. You are doing so well on your journey to thin and healthy land. Keep up the great work!

It's great to see Exquisit and Bomaze back on board. Wish some of our other missing friends will come back soon. JewelieK, JanT, 3MM, and Angieroo we miss/need you!

Meemo, you are the "dear abby" of our group. I don't know how you do it, but thanks.

Goal4life, You are beautiful inside and out. It's has been great seeing you get to this point in your journey. I can feel the passion for life you have in all of your words. I can definitely relate.

On a personal note: I've been on maintenance for a couple of months now. I must say I love it. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I have had a couple of relapses with my old eating habits, but I nipped it in the bud unlike the old me. I think what helps me the most is having a personal trainer, belonging to a running group, MRC support, and of course all of you. They/you help keep me honest. You can't run or weight train with bad fuel in your system. You cannot beat the MRC support. I've been trying to go to as many classes as I can.
I ran a 10K for father's day, and plan on running a half-marathon in September. Who would have thunk. Me running a half-marathon! Can someone pinch me? Alright, back to the lurker's closet for me. TTFN

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 07-22-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #270  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:

You look fabulous!! Keep up the great work... I always say, pics are worth a 1000 words. It seems throughout my journey, that pics were the only solid way that I could see myself changing. I had hubby take 1 a month. Even still, I am shocked when I see myself in current pictures, almost like I dont' recognize myself.

Darren...so glad to "see" you. You are such an inspiration to so many, including me. I do hope Denise shares her story with us, I would love to "hear" it. A half marathon!!...man you are good. I know that feels awesome and euphoric at the same time. **pinch**, yep that is you! Great job!
Closed Thread