Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #361  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Wow- this board has been a busy place lately. Much of it has to do with Denise sharing her amazing peer inspiration. Thanks for sharing Denise. I love the part about how your son measures your weight loss. That is awsome. I love the kid perspective of life!

Update on me-
I'm on my 3rd day of MetaQuick (MQ) and I have some concerns I am hoping some of you who have done MQ can shed some light on this.
WARNING- Bodily functions follow-
Since I have been doing this, I have not had a regular BM. It is complete liquid. (Which has kept me close to the house!) Has anyone else had this experience while doing MQ? Is there anything I can do to remedy this and still stay OP?
Prior to MRC, I would treat with the BRAT remedy (Bananas/Rice/Applesauce/Toast) but obviously cannot do that.

Any advice or help????

I don't want to stop the MQ. I am really trying to see the 150s by Saturday (scale shows 162 right now).
Thanks!
Can you get some Imodium? Works great for loose BM's.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #362  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Denise - Wow - thanks so much for sharing your story.

GradSchool - OMG - how funny! (ok, maybe not funny HA HA.....well yes, actually it is funny HA HA. ) But to lose the shorts in the end.....

Well - here we go - it's a new day. That just oozes a bad preminition huh? Yesterday started out well enough. I went to WI - down another pound (in spite of TOM starting). Had a good day, stayed OP, did some swimming for my excersice....all is good....except the killer TOM symptoms! I even went out and bought pamprin! May not seem like a big deal to anyone - but I'm nearly 40 yrs old and have NEVER taken anything for TOM other than plain ol tylenol! I told them at the center yesterday about how I struggled with my cravings last time and they convinced me to buy Chromium Picolinate - yeah - whatever. But I was desperate. So lying in bed last night reading (about 11) and I'm thinking to myself - hey, I'm made it through the day! - then disaster strikes....I think I had an out of body experience, or sleep walking or something. But the next thing I know I'm in bed eating a bowl of sun chips and along with it I brought in 3 oreo's AND a snickers bar! OMG - I didn't just cheat - I premeditated my cheat! I remember re-filling my chip bowl 3 times too!! (granted it was a really small bowl!) So......I know this was caused by TOM - I don't feel terribly guilty (although maybe I should?) I just had hoped I'd be able to sign the 20lb board on Friday - but I don't see that happening now. But on the bright side - I didn't get a pin stuck in my foot! Either way - I'm back at it again today.

So here is question - which I know has be answered or explained a dozen times, but I never wrote anything down about it before - what exactly is the meta quick program and how do I use it? I thought it was for 3 days, only do the meal replacement shakes for breakfast & lunch and ?? for dinner? Thanks in advance for any help in this area.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #363  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Thanks for sharing Denise. I love the part about how your son measures your weight loss. That is awsome. I love the kid perspective of life!

Update on me-
It is complete liquid. (Which has kept me close to the house!) Has anyone else had this experience while doing MQ? Is there anything I can do to remedy this and still stay OP? Thanks!
You're welcome! I love children's perspective's on life also... sometimes it's just so heartwarming, other times just hysterical!

Sorry to hear about your b/m "issues". I've never had that issue with MQ. Do you think you may have the flu? I second Darren's suggestion of using Imodium. I hope you get everything back to normal soon.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #364  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Diet soda info..Someone asked if we were drinking soda other than Diet Rite. You can have soda as long as it's sodium and caffeine free. We have Sweet Bay stores here that sell a "Waist Watcher" soda that has lots of flavors made with Splenda, all caffeine and sodium free. You can check out their website @ waist-watcher.com I think. I'm sure there are other brands that are caffeine and sodium free, but that's what we have here. It's nice b/c there's way more variety than just the 3 or 4 flavors of Diet Rite that our Wal-Mart carries.

Gina..Thanks for the Black Cherry idea. I'm gonna try it tonight with a chocolate creamy I think. Way to go on your recent BIG loss!! You're AWESOME!

Stuckingrad..Who is the baby in your avatar? I thought it was your baby but from everything you talk about I haven't seen a baby mentioned, so now I'm not sure. Sorry about the Target incident and the shorts being stolen by that rude lady! UGH! Let us know how it pans out.

Auntsandyrules..UGH! I had the opposite with MQ. I just didn't go at all. Now that I'm back OP I'm having the same issue as well. I was taking the diet tea but it really does a number on my stomach (cramping and nasty BMs in the middle of the night! GROSS!!).

Sorry I can't help, but the Immodium sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #365  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Self-Sabotage

Well, I made it a week and a day and then slipped up last night. I made my girls dinner and had my dinner planned out as well (ground turkey, cucumber and flat bread). Well, while the kids' quiches were sitting on the counter (looking VERY inviting) I caved and ate two of the "four cheese" quiches. Then I looked at the box and it was like 115 calories, 7 grams of fat and 9 grams of carbs just in those TINY 2 quiche bites! UGH!

So, that's not bad enough right? I ate my dinner as planned. Again, ground turkey (w/light taco seasoning), 8oz of cucumber with no dressing and 2 of the 25 calorie corn tortillas. I did only 2oz of the turkey so I could have 1 oz of cheese on it. I know, NO CHEESE for dinner, but at least I measured it out well. I then had my HNS.

Well..I then decided that I should eat a few teaspoons of ice cream b/c my pills got stuck in my throat and what better way to dislodge pills than to eat Chocolate Trinity SINFUL ice cream?? I only had two small bites. Well, the carton was almost empty and it was screaming my name. I ended up eating the rest. It was probably only 1/2 cup, but I'm sure that 1/2 cup was FULL of fat, carbs, calories and all that other stuff I shouldn't be having! UGH!

Now today I'm back up about a 1/2 lb from yesterday AM and still no BM. Of course, it's TOM this week (probably why I caved to the chocolate ice cream), and that usually stalls me as well.

Well, today is a new day. I had my 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 4oz of cottage cheese along with my coffee and water. Now I need to drink my HNS and take my pills. Fun, Fun. I'll try not to choke again!

Last edited by Rocki; 07-23-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #366  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I'm with ya Rocki .......it's all the evil TOM's fault!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #367  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Too funny. My Dad was a sailor.... guess I learned something there!

Have a good night!
LOL - I'm sitting here laughing - my husband was a fighter pilot - same thing, guys I used to work with would apologize if they said something they thought might offend me - I told them "Hey you can't shock me - I can probably teach you some new combinations!". My daughter dropped the F-bomb recently (she's grown & married & has 2 kids herself) - my husband looked at her & I said "Well, where do you think she learned it???"
Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #368  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post

Well..I then decided that I should eat a few teaspoons of ice cream b/c my pills got stuck in my throat and what better way to dislodge pills than to eat Chocolate Trinity SINFUL ice cream?? I only had two small bites. Well, the carton was almost empty and it was screaming my name. I ended up eating the rest. It was probably only 1/2 cup, but I'm sure that 1/2 cup was FULL of fat, carbs, calories and all that other stuff I shouldn't be having! UGH!
Rocki, do NOT buy any more of that ice cream! Avoid Publix if you must! (I looked it up on the website, it DOES look way too good, my husband would LOVE it, assuming there's no nuts in it.)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #369  
Em

Hmmmm. Yesterday, out of the blue, I got a call from the new manager of the MRC I went to. Asking about my progress with maintenance. Told her I'd done well until vacation in April, had a little slide & was finally getting back on track. She said they're having a special in August, re-sign for $99 + the purchase of MRC6 or the Enhancer. I'll see how I do for the next few weeks, if I'm still having issues I might just do the re-sign thing for the accountability factor. But I'd rather save the $99! Last night didn't help - went with my bunko group to see "Mamma Mia" and then to dinner. I did not make the correct choice for dinner!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #370  
Shannon

EEEK!

My TOM is scheduled to arrive Sunday. You ladies are scaring me! But as I think about it, maybe that is why I am s fricken hungry on this day 1-4 menu. Plus the fact that it isn't very much food!! Today is day 4----Hallelujah! I can't wait to have an egg tomorrow and eat something other than cottage cheese and raw veggies or lunch. Yippee!

Good luck today to everyone to stay OP! I think I am going to go to a movie today to get me out of this house. I am a teacher so I am of all summer. I have had a pretty busy summer, but the last 3 days have been just lying around the house, bored. Don;t get me wrong, I am grateful for my summers off, but when I am trying to eat little bits, I get bored and want to eat more. I know, it is messed up!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #371  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Denise - Wow - thanks so much for sharing your story.

GradSchool - OMG - how funny! (ok, maybe not funny HA HA.....well yes, actually it is funny HA HA. ) But to lose the shorts in the end.....

Well - here we go - it's a new day. That just oozes a bad preminition huh? Yesterday started out well enough. I went to WI - down another pound (in spite of TOM starting). Had a good day, stayed OP, did some swimming for my excersice....all is good....except the killer TOM symptoms! I even went out and bought pamprin! May not seem like a big deal to anyone - but I'm nearly 40 yrs old and have NEVER taken anything for TOM other than plain ol tylenol! I told them at the center yesterday about how I struggled with my cravings last time and they convinced me to buy Chromium Picolinate - yeah - whatever. But I was desperate. So lying in bed last night reading (about 11) and I'm thinking to myself - hey, I'm made it through the day! - then disaster strikes....I think I had an out of body experience, or sleep walking or something. But the next thing I know I'm in bed eating a bowl of sun chips and along with it I brought in 3 oreo's AND a snickers bar! OMG - I didn't just cheat - I premeditated my cheat! I remember re-filling my chip bowl 3 times too!! (granted it was a really small bowl!) So......I know this was caused by TOM - I don't feel terribly guilty (although maybe I should?) I just had hoped I'd be able to sign the 20lb board on Friday - but I don't see that happening now. But on the bright side - I didn't get a pin stuck in my foot! Either way - I'm back at it again today.

So here is question - which I know has be answered or explained a dozen times, but I never wrote anything down about it before - what exactly is the meta quick program and how do I use it? I thought it was for 3 days, only do the meal replacement shakes for breakfast & lunch and ?? for dinner? Thanks in advance for any help in this area.

Hope everyone has a good day!
you are hilarious....sounds like my struggles. I am just starting back with MRC (starting to precondition)...but when i was on it before, the metaquick youdrank a shake for lunch and dinner, then a meal at night..it does work..the shakes are delicious..i know others can give you more info. I mixed mine in a blender with ice...very good.
tracy
Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #372  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
LOL - I'm sitting here laughing - my husband was a fighter pilot - same thing, guys I used to work with would apologize if they said something they thought might offend me - I told them "Hey you can't shock me - I can probably teach you some new combinations!". My daughter dropped the F-bomb recently (she's grown & married & has 2 kids herself) - my husband looked at her & I said "Well, where do you think she learned it???"
Exactly! I cannot be offended! I'm still laughing that my son called me out on this site.... he is constantly telling me I have a "potty mouth". Whateva! And my husband is over it... he just shakes his head, and laughs now. I just can't stop myself! Some of the words are just so descriptive. I lOVE the way they flow off of my tongue.... like poetry I actually have a curse jar at home... We stopped collecting when my son's college education was paid in full! I'm a regular comedian today! Next show at noon!

hahaha!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #373  
Shannon

You crack me up! I am a potty mouth as well. But when I am teaching,I cannot cuss. I teach high school and I always tell them that I have been cussing longer than they have and I can cuss in context (that stumps 'em!) So I say if I can o 8 hours without cussing, they can too. But I have to tell you, when I get home, it is game on! I have tried giving up cussing for lent. That didn't go too well.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #374  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
You crack me up! I am a potty mouth as well. But when I am teaching,I cannot cuss. I teach high school and I always tell them that I have been cussing longer than they have and I can cuss in context (that stumps 'em!) So I say if I can o 8 hours without cussing, they can too. But I have to tell you, when I get home, it is game on! I have tried giving up cussing for lent. That didn't go too well.
HaHa! That's great! I am for the most part pretty good but I have spells. I'm definitely in one right now. I was really good when my son was learning to talk, thank god! I don't know how you control yourself around High School kids.... yikes! And our neighbors - they don't cuss at all - and that's when I'm the worst! I drop the F bomb like it's going out of style around them... They are our best friends so they just think it's funny, but for some reason, around certain people, I'm really bad! My poor friends.... Have you ever watched "inside the actors studio" when that guy asks the actors what their favorite cuss word is? Ahhhh..... my favorite part of that show.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #375  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Darren..aka Donuts...once you are on maintenance, can you pick and choose what you eat at each meal...meaning, will I still follow a protein-veggie-fruit-starch ratio? I am wondering, because week 4 of stabilization, the food is pouring in, and I feel stuffed, bloated and yucky!! I don't feel like my body needs all of it. What should I tell the counselor? Will they "force" me to follow the menu, or let me know if I can leave anything off?
Closed Thread