Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #301  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
WELCOME bfatnomore!! Glad you found us your gonna love it here!!

Denise- Thanks for sharing your story it really was beautiful,you should be proud!!
You're welcome! And, you should be proud! You've overcome a lot!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #302  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
I too have been "hovering". I just joined MRC with a girlfriend. I skipped the pre-conditioning part & went cold turkey into the program. I'm happy to report I lost 6 lbs in the first week. I go for my second WI tomorrow.
Thank you all for being such a wonderful outlet for me. I haven't strayed off plan yet largely due to this board.
Just wanted to let you know you inspire more people than you know!
Congratulations!!!! and Welcome!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #303  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I have a question.. What kind of work out do yall do. How much and how long.
I walk. Started at about 2.5 miles & worked up to 3. I'd been walking for awhile tho, on & off. When I started MRC I decided I wanted to maximize my chances of success so I committed to walking 6 days a week. And pretty much did. After a couple of months I started light weights - just for upper body.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #304  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I have a question.. What kind of work out do yall do. How much and how long.
I used to do water aerobics, but lately have just been doing the Gazelle. I go for 20-30 minutes 4-5 times a week....

I'm not a big exercise person. I'd like to add something. I used to do Pilates, and loved it.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #305  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Good Morning! Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments!!!! Peer inspiration was wonderful. I've included the speech on my 3fatchicks blog. Here is the link. I was going to paste it, but it's really really long!
Thanks for all of your support, everyone. I couldn't have done it without you!
Denise

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/nam.../22/my-speech/
Thanks so much for sharing, Denise - I'm sure it was even more amazing to hear this in person - I envy the folks who were able to experience it. And if I've never mentioned it before, your U-turn analogy is genius - thanks for sharing that as well!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #306  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Hi all! I'm back! I've lurked on and off for the last two months, both on the boards and also with my weight. I've been in a vicious fight with myself but have finally come to the point where I'm ready to press on! I've learned some important lessons the last couple months:
1. I don't feel very good when I eat garbage and I get moodier.
2. It really, truly is possible to maintain the loss.
3. I am worth getting to my final goal!

So, I press forward with my first goal to say farewell to the 180s - that gives me 2 pounds to lose...

p.s. I've missed you all and am so glad to see so many of you still plugging along!
Yay! Bonnie's back!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #307  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
Good golly, woman - you look fabulous!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Denise..What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing.!! We're all so proud of you.

Oh, are you the one that has black cherry soda (diet) with shakes and such? I have some of the soda but can't find the posts where it's mentioned. JLMK. Thanks.
I think that's me. (Is there someone else out there drinking black cherry soda?) I don't like rootbeer, so I made the rootbeer float and substituted the black cherry. I just used the vanilla pudding mix, a can of soda, and a big scoop of ice in the blender. I think there's a recipe in the MRC cookbook, but I just threw it together. I'd like to try it with the Diet Hansen's peach soda, too.

Everybody--thanks so much for all the hard boiled egg suggestions. I'm going to try it tonight. It will be so liberating not to have to scrub my egg poacher every morning before heading out!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #309  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Thanks so much for sharing, Denise - I'm sure it was even more amazing to hear this in person - I envy the folks who were able to experience it. And if I've never mentioned it before, your U-turn analogy is genius - thanks for sharing that as well!
Ahhh.... thanks!

I'm always amazed by you though. You always have the best insights and are so inspiring. I think you should write a book!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #310  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I'd like to try it with the Diet Hansen's peach soda, too.
OH MY GOSH! The diet peach soda/smoothie/float idea sounds divine!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Oh, I almost forgot. One of my professors looked at me today, cocked his head, and said, "You're literally disappearing!"
Old 07-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #312  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I think that's me. (Is there someone else out there drinking black cherry soda?) I don't like rootbeer, so I made the rootbeer float and substituted the black cherry. I just used the vanilla pudding mix, a can of soda, and a big scoop of ice in the blender. I think there's a recipe in the MRC cookbook, but I just threw it together. I'd like to try it with the Diet Hansen's peach soda, too.

Everybody--thanks so much for all the hard boiled egg suggestions. I'm going to try it tonight. It will be so liberating not to have to scrub my egg poacher every morning before heading out!
So you guys are drinking soda other than the Diet Rite? Or does Diet Rite hav a root beer flavor? I am not a fan of their cola. Maybe I just need to get going on this program more before I can start drinking normal diet/caffeine free cola?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #313  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Crystal!!! I went ahead and got them from the center because when I called they said it has to be 2 shakes. No bars at all! I did the bars yesterday so I hope it'll be okay. I had to purchase them though, since I already started. Believe me, I will be using your recommendation next time. Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Just a heads up - the shakes are MUCH cheaper at bariatricchoice than they are from MRC. A little something I didn't know until it was too late, but plan to take advantage of next time!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #314  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
So you guys are drinking soda other than the Diet Rite? Or does Diet Rite hav a root beer flavor? I am not a fan of their cola. Maybe I just need to get going on this program more before I can start drinking normal diet/caffeine free cola?
Try the diet rite cherry cola - it's really good. I like the cola okay, like it better if I add a touch of lemon or lime, tho. And the grape & tangerine are pretty good.

There should be other brands that are okay as well - down here the Winn Dixie store's house brand is MRC legal. I noticed recently that Publix stores also have some diet sodas that are low sodium. Honestly tho, if I'm drinking all my water, I rarely drink soda - just no "room" for it.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #315  

Height: 5'5

Hi All,

you all have sure been busy recently, I've been away from the computer just a little and couldn't believe all the new posts

ShineOn congrats on 90lbs gone for good! That is amazing, also thank you for all your wonderful advice!

DK wow your picture is great!

Strawberry great ideas on preping food in advance, that what I'm trying to really stick to now!

Personal note: still plateaued, trying to watch every little thing just like in the beginning. I saw the male counsoler yesterday and he really tried. We looked at my food log and really the only suggestions there were cut down on the cheese and weigh and measure everything. But, he gave me a lot of great ideas with new foods to cook etc. He also printed off the recipes from the most recent cooking class, I will post them here, they were for chinese food Yummm!!

Quick question - I'm thinking about adding either MRC6 or Enhancer...(they have both in a 30 day trial size) anyway what would you suggest! Thanks
Closed Thread