S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
(5 minutes later) Ok so I was curious about the eggs so I looked it up:
This is great!!! Thank you!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #332  

Height: 5'5

Denise - just read your story, all I can say is WOW, I'm crying you have had an incredible journey.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #333  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Good Morning! Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments!!!! Peer inspiration was wonderful. I've included the speech on my 3fatchicks blog. Here is the link. I was going to paste it, but it's really really long!
Thanks for all of your support, everyone. I couldn't have done it without you!
Denise

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/nam.../22/my-speech/
Denise, you did a wonderful job on your speech! Your story is one that many can relate too. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #334  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I have a question.. What kind of work out do yall do. How much and how long.
LOL

I play Roller Derby! We practice 4.5 hours a week, plus there's an optional 2 hour speed skating practice we can attend, but I seem to be getting there only once a month lately. I'm also supposed to be lifting weights in the afternoon/evening, but I think being out in the heat all day just drains me too much.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #335  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
LOL

I play Roller Derby! We practice 4.5 hours a week, plus there's an optional 2 hour speed skating practice we can attend, but I seem to be getting there only once a month lately. I'm also supposed to be lifting weights in the afternoon/evening, but I think being out in the heat all day just drains me too much.
Girl did you say Roller Derby? lol I know I cant get my weak butt out there! Lol... U go girl with the Roller Derby
Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #336  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Denise, you did a wonderful job on your speech! Your story is one that many can relate too. Thank you for sharing.
Awww, thank you!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #337  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Denise - just read your story, all I can say is WOW, I'm crying you have had an incredible journey.
Thank you. I was crying too. I read it to my husband on Friday first, and couldn't stop crying through the whole thing. And I shouldn't say crying... I was hysterical. Last night, I made it with only 1 slight moment of tears. No stopping, just a little tears when talking about my son. But "it is what it is" as my Dad would say... and I made it. I wish I was there in person to give you a hug, but here is one in spirit No more need for tears!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #338  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
Wow! You look amazing -doesn't even look like the same person!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #339  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
This is great!!! Thank you!
Denise, I read your story, and I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes! It was beautiful, thank you for opening up like that. I can really relate to some of what you said - I grew up in a small community in Alaska, and I was taller, and therefore always larger, then the other girls. I hated basketball, but they made me play on the team because I was the tallest girl in the school. They teased me and called me 'amazon'. My best friend was stick thin, and I thought she was beautiful. I couldn't see the beauty in my curves. Anyway, deep stuff, you definitely have me thinking more now then I ever have about how I got here, about my relationship with food... thank you!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #340  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Hi all! I'm back! I've lurked on and off for the last two months, both on the boards and also with my weight. I've been in a vicious fight with myself but have finally come to the point where I'm ready to press on! I've learned some important lessons the last couple months:
1. I don't feel very good when I eat garbage and I get moodier.
2. It really, truly is possible to maintain the loss.
3. I am worth getting to my final goal!

So, I press forward with my first goal to say farewell to the 180s - that gives me 2 pounds to lose...

p.s. I've missed you all and am so glad to see so many of you still plugging along!
Hi Bonnie! Welcome back - we missed you too! And I'm so excited to hear about your water park adventure! That's an awesome NSV!

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-22-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #341  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
ShineOn, looks like you're taking a nice ride on the fat burnin' bus. WOW, 5 pounds! You look so skinny these days. Love your current pics. A big congrats on signing the 90 pound board. That is such a huge accomplishment! You are truly a shero! I can relate to slipping back to old eating habits. Why do we do this to ourselves? Also like you, I find it easier to get right back on the wagon with the lessons I've learned from MRC. I really liked Goal4life's idea of hanging the before picture of ourselves to remind us where we don't want to go back to.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've missed your posts so much! Tomorrow morning is my pre-stabilization apt. I showed houses to a client yesterday who was on MRC and gained it all back. Her and her husband was shocked and excited to see me, but very concerned. Just hearing them verbalize my biggest fear - gaining the weight back - really threw me. I'm sure others would agree with me, it's so important to hear from those of you who made it to the other side and still keep it off. I know I can do this, I know it, I know it. Time to get back to the classes - that's what they are there for! And, my dear friend, you have inspired me to run a 5k! I've never run before, but I'm going to start training.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #342  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Denise..What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing.!! We're all so proud of you.

Oh, are you the one that has black cherry soda (diet) with shakes and such? I have some of the soda but can't find the posts where it's mentioned. JLMK. Thanks.
That's me. I mix the chocolate meal replacement shake with Diet Cherry Cola instead of water - use the whole can. Throw in the ice to the consistency you like. Sometimes I put in a lot of ice and eat it with a spoon - my mock ice cream!

Another one I have fallen in love with is raspberry lemonade. Mix the diet red raspberry with lemon HNS and ice in the blender. I got this one from our center and it's very refreshing on a hot day.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Today I had a freaky MRC-related accident. It goes like this: I'm startlingly close to being a size 16, but I gave up and gave most of my clothes that size to the local mission several months ago. While I was in Target this afternoon, I decided to browse their racks, knowing that the summer clothes were on clearance and that summer is still going to be around for a while down here. As I was leaving the dressing room with my selection, I realized something was floating around in my shoe...perhaps one of those plastic size numbers? Nope. I realized this too late as a searing pain bore into the lower arch/heal area of my left foot. Not only did the pain stop me in my tracks, but I had to catch myself on the clothing counter. I gingerly took my shoe off, expecting a pool of blood, only to find a mangled, blackened, disgusting, straight pin buried halfway in my foot.

What does this have to do with MRC, you might ask? Well, clearly if I weren't losing weight so fast I wouldn't have been shopping for new clothes! Okay, so it is only tangentially related, but I live alone, most of my classmates are out of town, and I spent the afternoon in the minor emergency clinic getting a tetanus shot. My foot is unbelievably sore and so is my arm from the shot. I had to share the drama with someone.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Denise-Your speech is amazing. There is someone in my life I'm trying to figure out how to tactfully share it with--I really think it would speak to her in a powerful and life-changing way. Bless you for sharing!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #345  

Height: 5'5

stuckingradschool Ok I'm not laughing at your pain, but something about the way you wrote that just made me laugh! I love how you can make the best of a bad situation, hope you feel better! Have a great day, and hope you recover from the offending pin!

Last edited by thelish; 07-22-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread