DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Sorry guys i just wanted to see if the smileys would work..lol
Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #243  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Dang it I want a snack bad tonight not sure what is up with it tonight. Anyway so I came on here to get my mind off it. The night time is the hardest on me. I think because it is my down time?????

I think I have been missing up my menus? I just really read them and I was taking the supplement at 10 & 2 now I see I should have them @ every meal? O my what was I thinking???
Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #244  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #245  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Prepare beforehand - buy all the chicken, fish, veggies you need for a week. THen if you are busy, pre-cook... just today I cooked ground turkey breast (with low sodium taco seasoning), cauliflower, oatmeal and some eggs. For the turkey breast and cauliflower, I measured them out, 4 ounces, and put in sandwich baggies. This way I can just grab and go in the morning.
I took this advice about this tonight. I coked all four chicken breasts on the rill, then just cut them into 4 oz portions. One portion is nothing but ends! lol I had a tad bit left over, so my puppy ate well tonight.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Whew! I have a friend who re-signed with MRC & started last Monday. I told her I was starting with her. (She'd lost a good bit of weight with MRC before but never went through stabilization & ended up regaining what she'd lost.) Apparently it was the kick in the pants I needed - I lost 4 lbs last week. FINALLY!! I just went more or less with the green menu (somewhere between there & the maintenance menu actually since I kinda cheated a little every day). I did better with my water, tho, and also with taking all my supplements. Used my homebrew HNS, and most days got in 3 of those. So I'm relieved. My ticker is a lie - I went over 150 on vacation back in April & haven't gotten below it since - until this weekend. Clothes all too tight or unwearable - so I'm very happy to finally feel like I've got the train back on track now. Need to fix my ticker.

My daughter (who's staying with us while her husband is doing some training 3 hrs from here) is working on losing her baby weight, and also doing well (not MRC but she's happy so far with what she's doing). I was supposed to start with her but got sick for a couple of weeks & didn't exercise & didn't eat that well. I think it was the "re-signing" that got me - did NOT want to have to do that!!!
Meemo! You skank!! I can't believe you've been lying through your ticker!

Having said that, I'm excited for you to be back on plan. You certainly know it backwards and forwards, and I'm envious of your friend whose doing this with you. She's lucky to have you!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
My daughter took a picture of me in the same outfit as what I was in before I started MRC and I am flabber gasted, I can really see the difference, honestly I'm shocked because I had no idea it was that drastic for it being the time that I have been on this plan. I placed it on my profile so feel free to take a gander, I know pics motivate and encourge me, hope these do the same for you.

I'm out of town till Thursday so Good Luck to you all I will miss the daily readings but look forward to catching up when I return.
WOW! Your center is going to be chasing you down to put you on a billboard like Melinda. You look fantastic! This should make you feel really good!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
tvmitche:

You can do it!!! I know all about good intentions. I am on day 2 and it is sooo hard! But I have taken everyone's advice and "willpower dust" and made it through (almost) another day. Plus,I made a really yummy and satisfying dinner. I kept my promise to cook and not get boring. I will share because I am so proud of myself!!!

I grilled chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash on one side, then when I flipped, I sprayed some of the Caesar spray salad dressing. Then at the end, I put 1/2 oz of cheese on it to melt and I just made my chicken 3.5 oz in stead of 4. Then, for my 4 oz of coked veggies, I grilled those to (mush, red pepper, and asparagus). I put some of those on the piece of bread that I got for dinner and made a little roasted veggie sandwich out of them! I may not be very full, but I feel like I got a really yummy, satisfying dinner.

My only concern is I hope I didn't throw something off kilter when I subbed the cheese for 1/2 oz of chicken. But I didn;t think about that until just now when I was typing!
Technically you should not have cheese for dinner but I do and I do not think it slows me down too much. It sounds like you had a great dinner.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #249  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:

WhoooooooHooooooooooooo girl u look dang good!!!!!!!!

Look out world!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Prepare beforehand - buy all the chicken, fish, veggies you need for a week. THen if you are busy, pre-cook... just today I cooked ground turkey breast (with low sodium taco seasoning), cauliflower, oatmeal and some eggs. For the turkey breast and cauliflower, I measured them out, 4 ounces, and put in sandwich baggies. This way I can just grab and go in the morning.
Two dumb questions:
1. Do you weigh your meat before or after you cook it?
2. How do you boil an egg? I know...I know...is there anything easier than boiling an egg? The answer is YES! I have never been able to get the shell off of an egg that I've boiled without destroying the egg. I know this is user error because boiled eggs from the cafeteria come out of their shells quite nicely.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #251  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Two dumb questions:
1. Do you weigh your meat before or after you cook it?
2. How do you boil an egg? I know...I know...is there anything easier than boiling an egg? The answer is YES! I have never been able to get the shell off of an egg that I've boiled without destroying the egg. I know this is user error because boiled eggs from the cafeteria come out of their shells quite nicely.
After you boil the egg cool it down IE in ice, freezer once it is cool tap both ends and it will slide right off....
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Dang it I want a snack bad tonight not sure what is up with it tonight. Anyway so I came on here to get my mind off it. The night time is the hardest on me. I think because it is my down time?????

I think I have been missing up my menus? I just really read them and I was taking the supplement at 10 & 2 now I see I should have them @ every meal? O my what was I thinking???
Don't stress too much. It is a lot to figure out. I had 1 too many HNS for over a week before we figured it out.

Quote:

DK - You are one hot mama! You should feel really good about yourself.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #253  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
GMa to 4:
I just spent my 6 day business trip to Ft. Collins! yes, they were having a heatwave. Arg! I wanted to escape the Missouri humidity. I will take the 97 there than the 77 I flew back to. i was already sweating, waiting outside for my ride from the airport. Colorado is made for being outdoors. Take a nice walk. I was so jealous that I wasn't nearly as sweaty as I am here when I go for a 30 minute jaunt.
Shannon: Glad you were able to visit Colorado...only sorry we were experiencing a heat wave. I know what you mean about the humidity, though. We lived in SD for 17 years and it was unbearable at times. I'll take the high temp and the low humidity any day.

You mentioned feeling starved. I did at first, too, but agree with you that some of that feeling is psychological. All I can say is it does get easier. Are you maxing out your HNS? Or you might want to add a Fiber Fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
OK went to WI lost 1.5 pounds since Fri. She said I average about 3 pounds a week. So I will go back Thur. or Friday, also I moved to the blue menu. I think that opens a lot more food in the cook book. Total loss so far is 4.5 pounds
JStuckly: You're off to a great start. I bought the cookbook but haven't used it much except for breakfasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Whew! I have a friend who re-signed with MRC & started last Monday. I told her I was starting with her. (She'd lost a good bit of weight with MRC before but never went through stabilization & ended up regaining what she'd lost.) Apparently it was the kick in the pants I needed - I lost 4 lbs last week. FINALLY!!
Meemo: Sounds like you are taking a step in the right direction, getting back OP. Congrats on the 4 lbs gone (even if it is again!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
HELP....HELP....I need help..any words of power to get me OP...I know it works, i just have to do it...every day I start with good intentions...but good intentions doesn't get the weight off. I am becoming addicted to reading these blogs...everyone is doing so great on getting the weight off...ya'll are my heroes!
tvmitche: I was that way with the forums at first, so eager to make sure this would work for me. The best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time and to plan as many of your meals in advance as you can. If you have questions, just ask. This group has a wealth of knowledge.

And just a note to everyone: Namaste/Denise gave this month's Peer Inspiration at our MRC Center tonight. It was so great to meet her and her family and to be a part of her sharing her story, which is so close to all of ours. I'm sure it took a lot of courage for her to share, but it really made an impact on all of us who were there. Thanks, Denise.

She is definitely a role model for me! Sure hope all of you have centers that offer programs like this.

P.S. Donuts was there, too. He looks fantastic.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #254  
One Meal At A Time

[QUOTE=WorkingARMom;2280388]Don't stress too much. It is a lot to figure out. I had 1 too many HNS for over a week before we figured it out.

Thanks they might by why I get so hungry at night...lol I really stupefied that one up. But I am almost down 5 pounds... Lest see now that I do it right how much I lose. Do u drink them 4 times a day
Old 07-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #255  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:

OH MY GOSH! Talk about a hottie! You are doing great - I'm so proud of you! That has got to give you a ton of motivation doesn't it?
Closed Thread