Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #226  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

No problem , i am glad i could help but also thank crystal she has been so helpful ,she is the one that gave me all the info THANKS CRYSTAL!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #227  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Yes!!! Thanks Crystal! You are always a big help.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Thanks for this info. I hate that because I sure didn't want to buy any shakes. I guess I will have to. Today I did 2 bars and planned on doing that all week. It's a good thing I asked.
I think you can do all bars. I just think it will be harder.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #229  
Ms. Jennifer

Hey WorkingARMom:

Do you mean hard in that it will be harder to lose doing all bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I think you can do all bars. I just think it will be harder.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Hey WorkingARMom:

Do you mean hard in that it will be harder to lose doing all bars?
No, I think you might be hungrier.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #231  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
It will get better, The blue menu looks better, but I am allergic to eggs, nuts and fish so it make my choices harder, Chicken or Turkey and toast in the am! lol that is why I got the cook book, I have not really tied anything other then the Ranch Dressing.
If you can have cottage cheese you should try this for breakfast: 4 oz. cottage cheese mixed with 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal (cooled - I cook before hand and keep a tupperware of it in the fridge), splenda and cinnamon to taste. Thanks to Meemo for this recipe, I had it for the first time this morning and I really liked it.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #232  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I have not bought the cookbook. Is there anything in it for days 1-4? Last time i did MRC I couldn't eat a salad for almost a year! I have vowed to be more creative and not so lazy this time. But I am not a chef-i hate cooking!- so I need help.
Just to save you a few bucks, a bit of advice before you buy the cookbook from the center - there is a thread on the MRC board that is 'stickyed' that has a lot of great recipes, and I think some of them are from the cookbook. And look on ebay first as sometimes you can find someone selling a MRC cookbook for real cheap there. I wish I had done that, I have the cookbook but I don't think I have cooked a single recipe out of it yet. For the 4th of July my center passed out a 4 page 'weekend recipes' thingy and I've cooked the pancakes recipe out of that.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #233  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I have not bought the cookbook. Is there anything in it for days 1-4? Last time i did MRC I couldn't eat a salad for almost a year! I have vowed to be more creative and not so lazy this time. But I am not a chef-i hate cooking!- so I need help.
Sorry if I'm repeating myself but remember the cucumber - he is your friend! Weigh yourself out about 6-7 oz of cuke & it won't take a lot of greens to make up your 8 oz of raw veggies. Or just eat 8 oz of cukes. Add a little broccoli or whatever if you want. Add some shredded cabbage. Variety & cucumbers!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #234  
Ms. Jennifer

K, gotcha! Thanks! I may try and go with the bars to save some money. I hope they work out okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
No, I think you might be hungrier.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #235  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Whew! I have a friend who re-signed with MRC & started last Monday. I told her I was starting with her. (She'd lost a good bit of weight with MRC before but never went through stabilization & ended up regaining what she'd lost.) Apparently it was the kick in the pants I needed - I lost 4 lbs last week. FINALLY!! I just went more or less with the green menu (somewhere between there & the maintenance menu actually since I kinda cheated a little every day). I did better with my water, tho, and also with taking all my supplements. Used my homebrew HNS, and most days got in 3 of those. So I'm relieved. My ticker is a lie - I went over 150 on vacation back in April & haven't gotten below it since - until this weekend. Clothes all too tight or unwearable - so I'm very happy to finally feel like I've got the train back on track now. Need to fix my ticker.

My daughter (who's staying with us while her husband is doing some training 3 hrs from here) is working on losing her baby weight, and also doing well (not MRC but she's happy so far with what she's doing). I was supposed to start with her but got sick for a couple of weeks & didn't exercise & didn't eat that well. I think it was the "re-signing" that got me - did NOT want to have to do that!!!

Last edited by Meemo; 07-21-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #236  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
If you can have cottage cheese you should try this for breakfast: 4 oz. cottage cheese mixed with 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal (cooled - I cook before hand and keep a tupperware of it in the fridge), splenda and cinnamon to taste. Thanks to Meemo for this recipe, I had it for the first time this morning and I really liked it.
That sounds great I am going to try it
Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #237  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

HELP....HELP....I need help..any words of power to get me OP...I know it works, i just have to do it...every day I start with good intentions...but good intentions doesn't get the weight off. I am becoming addicted to reading these blogs...everyone is doing so great on getting the weight off...ya'll are my heroes!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #238  
Shannon

tvmitche:

You can do it!!! I know all about good intentions. I am on day 2 and it is sooo hard! But I have taken everyone's advice and "willpower dust" and made it through (almost) another day. Plus,I made a really yummy and satisfying dinner. I kept my promise to cook and not get boring. I will share because I am so proud of myself!!!

I grilled chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash on one side, then when I flipped, I sprayed some of the Caesar spray salad dressing. Then at the end, I put 1/2 oz of cheese on it to melt and I just made my chicken 3.5 oz in stead of 4. Then, for my 4 oz of coked veggies, I grilled those to (mush, red pepper, and asparagus). I put some of those on the piece of bread that I got for dinner and made a little roasted veggie sandwich out of them! I may not be very full, but I feel like I got a really yummy, satisfying dinner.

My only concern is I hope I didn't throw something off kilter when I subbed the cheese for 1/2 oz of chicken. But I didn;t think about that until just now when I was typing!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #239  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Thanks ladies for sharing your thoughts and experience with the inches thing, I was just struggling with seeing where the heck that 37 inches is gone from, I think that I need to have them do the math again. I don't doubt I've lost but just can't find that that many inches missing, baggy drawers, baggy bra, baggy something
I had the same feelings in regards to the inches so this is what I did take the first messagment say your breast were 40in then this time they said your breast were 38 so from there take your tape messague put it around your breast out to the 40 mark from there you can really see were the inches were lost do this on all of the things they messauge you will feel better after that.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #240  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
HELP....HELP....I need help..any words of power to get me OP...I know it works, i just have to do it...every day I start with good intentions...but good intentions doesn't get the weight off. I am becoming addicted to reading these blogs...everyone is doing so great on getting the weight off...ya'll are my heroes!
Prepare beforehand - buy all the chicken, fish, veggies you need for a week. THen if you are busy, pre-cook... just today I cooked ground turkey breast (with low sodium taco seasoning), cauliflower, oatmeal and some eggs. For the turkey breast and cauliflower, I measured them out, 4 ounces, and put in sandwich baggies. This way I can just grab and go in the morning.
Closed Thread