Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #286  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
What a fantastic reflection! You are truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing your journey. I could relate to a lot of it.
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #287  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
I WI yesterday and lost 1/2 a lb. UGH! So frustrating that it's taken me 11 days to lose 1/2 an pound. I' ve been VERY strict OP since last Monday (over a week now) so hopefully that will pay off at my next WI on Thursday.
It will pay off! Stick with it girl!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #288  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Thank you!
what a great story, i too can relate. I just looked at your before and after pics..what a success you are!!
tracy
Old 07-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #289  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
what a great story, i too can relate. I just looked at your before and after pics..what a success you are!!
tracy
Thank you Tracy!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #290  
Shannon

Quote:
I WI yesterday and lost 1/2 a lb. UGH! So frustrating that it's taken me 11 days to lose 1/2 an pound. I' ve been VERY strict OP since last Monday (over a week now) so hopefully that will pay off at my next WI on Thursday.
Rocki, the last time I tried MRC I did fabulous. But I was 4 pounds from my goal weight and could never get there! Apparently the centers have changed their stance and now allow you to go on maintenance within 6 pounds. But I never got to try maintenance. Needless to say, I spent 6 months trying to lose 4 pounds. I beat myself up because I thought it was me. Well it WAS me! My body is just not comfortable below 150. I like how I look at 140, but my body just doesn't agree. My doc even told me that she agreed. So now, even though I really want to wear a smaller size and lose some more of the flab that comes with being 150, I have accepted that I look healthy and feel much better than constantly trying to get those last few pounds off. Of course, now I have indulged myself WAY too much and I am up 30 pounds! All my own doing though.

Maybe you should rethink losing any more. Are you on maintenance?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #291  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Denise, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story. Your husband and son must be so proud of you! I have bookmarked your blog and when I feel myself steering off this path, I'm going to go back for some continued inspiration.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #292  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Denise, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story. Your husband and son must be so proud of you! I have bookmarked your blog and when I feel myself steering off this path, I'm going to go back for some continued inspiration.
Thank you! You are so sweet!!!! And, look at how great you are doing! You inspire me as well!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #293  

Height: 5'10"

Default Newbie Alert

I too have been "hovering". I just joined MRC with a girlfriend. I skipped the pre-conditioning part & went cold turkey into the program. I'm happy to report I lost 6 lbs in the first week. I go for my second WI tomorrow.
Thank you all for being such a wonderful outlet for me. I haven't strayed off plan yet largely due to this board.
Just wanted to let you know you inspire more people than you know!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #294  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

WELCOME bfatnomore!! Glad you found us your gonna love it here!!

Denise- Thanks for sharing your story it really was beautiful,you should be proud!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Good Morning! Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments!!!! Peer inspiration was wonderful. I've included the speech on my 3fatchicks blog. Here is the link. I was going to paste it, but it's really really long!
Thanks for all of your support, everyone. I couldn't have done it without you!
Denise

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/nam.../22/my-speech/
Thank you for sharing your journey! You are my hero!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #296  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Denise..What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing.!! We're all so proud of you.

Oh, are you the one that has black cherry soda (diet) with shakes and such? I have some of the soda but can't find the posts where it's mentioned. JLMK. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #297  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Meemo Good for you for recognizing the need to get back in control. That's a huge fear of mine--just to let it go until it gets out of hand.
Been there, done that. That's the problem, the weight doesn't come back 20 lbs at a time, it inches back up & you keep thinking "That's okay, I'll get it off", then it's another few lbs, then another & another. You can bet I'm kicking myself for letting it go up as much as I did - and I refused to buy new clothes (especially pants) - but still I'm kicking myself.

Sadly, like any other weight loss plan, MRC isn't a magic bullet - for permanent weight loss you have to make permanent changes in your eating. The good news is I've done a better job keeping at least most of it off than I have in the past.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-22-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #298  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone

On a personal note: I've been on maintenance for a couple of months now. I must say I love it. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I have had a couple of relapses with my old eating habits, but I nipped it in the bud unlike the old me. I think what helps me the most is having a personal trainer, belonging to a running group, MRC support, and of course all of you. They/you help keep me honest. You can't run or weight train with bad fuel in your system. You cannot beat the MRC support. I've been trying to go to as many classes as I can.
I ran a 10K for father's day, and plan on running a half-marathon in September. Who would have thunk. Me running a half-marathon! Can someone pinch me? Alright, back to the lurker's closet for me. TTFN
Yay! A Darren/Donuts sighting! I AM impressed - a half-marathon! I am SO not a runner (keep thinking I'd like to walk a 5 or 6K, tho - I actually do walk 5K most days but have never done one of the competitive ones). It's great to hear how well you continue to do - MRC really does give us the tools to keep the weight off, it's just up to us to use them. Clearly I've not taken my own advice recently, but you know the saying - if you can't serve as a good example, at least serve as a warning! So y'all consider yourselves warned!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #299  
Denise

Quote:
Denise..What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing.!! We're all so proud of you.

Oh, are you the one that has black cherry soda (diet) with shakes and such? I have some of the soda but can't find the posts where it's mentioned. JLMK. Thanks.
Thank you!

I'm not the one that has the black cherry soda with shakes but it sure sounds good so let's figure this one out!!!!!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #300  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
Thank you for sharing your journey! You are my hero!
You're welcome, thank you for letting me share my journey! I am excited to watch your progress!
Closed Thread