Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:20 AM   #166  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Hi everyone Just have a few minutes but wanted to report in - I did wi this morning and lost 5 lbs since Wednesday!!! and I got to sign the 90 lb board (nice little b-day present to myself). Last night DH and I went shopping - I was looking for black capri's and was getting so discouraged. Everything was out in my size - DH said, well that's what happens when you are now a popular size. Anyway, I actually bought a size 10. I stayed in the dressing room forever trying on the 12 and 10. I felt like the 10 must be way too tight - although DH said they looked great. And I knew I wouldn't be happy with the 12 because I could pull them partly off without unbuttoning. So, I took a deep breathe and purchased the 10's. This morning I had to recheck the tag because the 10's fit so well I thought I had bought the 12's by mistake. Ok, I'm rambling. When I was married, I was a size 12, so I was haivng such a hard time wrapping my head around this size! They scheduled my pre-stabilization apt for Wednesday morning too! She did tell me I get new foods added when I get within 6 lbs of goal - so that matches what everyone else said. On a little high gotta get back to work!
Woo HOO!! 90 lbs wow! SIZE 10 I'm so jealous! That's it I'm getting back on track tomorrow for sure, no more excuses!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #167  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
This is off topic, but it reminded me... the night before last I was up late working on homework, and I decided to have a glass of milk - it had been hours since I ate dinner, I was hungry, and tired, and stressed, yada yada... so anyway, I grabbed a glass of milk and some animal crackers. An hour later I had the worst stomach cramps of my life. My body has not had milk in over a month, and I had suspected for a few years now that I might be lactose intolerant, but I think this incident solidified that for me. I have never felt pain like that, it was horrible, I was literally doubled over in pain (by this time I had taken some peptol bismol and gone to bed). Does anyone have any experience with being lactose intolerant? Well I learned my lesson, I don't think I'll be drinking milk again anytime soon!
Jennifer, I am allergic to dairy, I can get away with cheese once in awhile but if I have anything cream, ice cream, sour cream, MILK, the initial experience is terrible stomach ache, continued abuse will impact my immune system and I will end up with a sinus infection. Dairy was my main food group for most of my life so it was a very difficult thing to give up - UNTIL I realized that it made me so sick. Every once in awhile I miss it but for the most part not.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #168  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

First Weekend NSV, Last night was my Jalapeno's event with about 20 friends and family, sounds like there were several events going on this weekend. I'm so proud of myself, I ordered the steak fajita's, the meat rested on a bed of white onions (I love onions) of course it had the bowl of cheese, sour cream and guacamole, I passed the bowl of cheese to my husband, scooped the sour cream into an empty salsa bowl and passed that to the end of the table, dipped my fork into the guac for one tiny sinful taste, refused the tortilla's, had 5 chips with salsa and left the onions on my plate. All in all I don't think I did too bad. AND I didn't even have a marguarita. The chips I will have to say was the hardest part, there was some wait time for all the guests to arrive and everyone is just doing the continuous chip and dip thing. I drank LOTS of water to keep from dipping.

Second weekend NSV, had to make several dozen cookies for church, well needless to say the difficulty in that was just non mentionable, BUT I did not even have so much as a taste. Today I weigh in and the morning scale tells me I'm down 2lbs.

Third NSV - had to pull in the reins on my bra, shorten the straps and move it in a clasp. Now I find this a funny NSV but all the same I'll take it
Old 07-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #169  
Shannon

Quote:
Hey thanks for the tips, I will have to try some of those this week. I also like to pre-cook ground turkey breast with taco seasoning and then I measure out 4 ounce baggies of the stuff, so that I can just grab and go. I do this with chicken breast too. Pre-cooking and pre-measuring is they key. I like the idea of hard boiled eggs and cheese, so easy. Oh and I also love those steam bags of veggies, the brocolli/cauliflower one is yummy. I get that and the brussel sprouts. If I have time I like to buy fresh zuchini and yellow squash and cut them up and put them in gallon storage bags.

Strawberry,
What are the frozen steamers of veggies you are talking about? Are they a particular brand?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #170  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Stuckingradschool
- Im not drinking the NHS yet, Im still conditioning. I have my class Friday. I was just so hoping I could loose a pound or two this week, it would give me a great boost to keep going. I choose this plan cause there seems to be a bit of loss each week (except during a plauteau) - but Im over it this morning! Its gonna be a wonderful day!

DKRiely
- What an awesome feeling tht must be to have to go to the next hook on the ol bra! Congrats!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #171  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Sunday update.

WI yesterday and stayed EXACTLY the same. That was a bit frustrating esp since I've been TOTALLY OP all week! I'll be WI again tomorrow to get back on my Mon/Thur schedule and hopefully will be down at least a 1/2 lb. I need SOMETHING here! UGH!

Great NSVs though w/measurements. My BMI is down to 24.6 (they want it 20-24) and my body fat was at 28 (healthy range I think). I've lost 46.75" and I'm still only 2.5 lbs from the 40 lb board and only 5 lbs from being under 130! WOOHOO! The BMI figure was VERY encouraging b/c I started at over 33% and I think body fat was over 40 (or close to it). The inches lost was very cool but I still think I have about 15 lbs to lose.

The counselor (a new one) I met with said I really should not lose more than 10 more lbs b/c 125 should be a good weight for me. I shouldn't confuse toning with losing more weight. However, I really think I have lots of weight left to lose in my belly and thighs (not just toning to be done). I have major rolls and they're not just lose skin, they're fat. But she said b/c that's the area where most of my extra weight is that the next 10 lbs may come just from there and I should notice a HUGE difference. They want to go to stabilization next Saturday but I'm not sure I'm ready to start adding foods. It's been hard enough to get to this point I'm afraid that if I start adding food I won't continue to lose. I know some people lose in stabilization, but some don't. I want to get closer to 125 before I start b/c I really think 120-122 is a better goal for me. They said (per my Tanita readings) the least I should weigh is 121. I'd like to be there just b/c I know that way I won't worry as much if I gain a few lbs back. I don't want to be over 125 at all anymore, so if I get to 120 that gives me 5lbs leeway.

Sorry for rambling, but what do you all think?

Congrats to all the awesome Board signers (Gina, Crystal)..Everyone is doing so great!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #172  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
This is off topic, but it reminded me... the night before last I was up late working on homework, and I decided to have a glass of milk - it had been hours since I ate dinner, I was hungry, and tired, and stressed, yada yada... so anyway, I grabbed a glass of milk and some animal crackers. An hour later I had the worst stomach cramps of my life. My body has not had milk in over a month, and I had suspected for a few years now that I might be lactose intolerant, but I think this incident solidified that for me. I have never felt pain like that, it was horrible, I was literally doubled over in pain (by this time I had taken some peptol bismol and gone to bed). Does anyone have any experience with being lactose intolerant? Well I learned my lesson, I don't think I'll be drinking milk again anytime soon!

OMG yes! One of the things you add back in during stabilization is one dairy every day. So I dutifully began eating yogurt every morning. By the 2nd or 3rd morning I was sick all day. Stomach cramps, gas, the works. I told my counselor the problem and she suggested that I try plain milk instead, and if that didn't help, just to cut out the dairy, it wasn't that important. So, I've cut it out mostly. Which is sad, because I bought a 1/2 gallon of nonfat frozen chocolate yogurt to try . Now I get a small yogurt treat maybe once a week, and this kids get a nice big treat, since we never have ice cream in the house .
Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #173  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Listen, girl...a little bit of ranch dressing is good for your soul. Now, I'm not saying you should have it every day or even every week, but part of this process is learning to eat for a lifetime. I think it would be awfully hard to go through life without ever having ranch dressing again, and it sounds like you made some fabulous choices tonight. I am really proud of you! Hold firm and do NOT beat yourself up.

Sometimes when I have a craving/temptation, I'll pop in an exercise video. Usually I'll forget about whatever it was that I wanted by the time I finish the tape. Instead, I'm thinking about what a rock star I am to be able to do whatever workout it is. (There are so few I can actually finish, but I get a big head on those that I can! LOL!)

Thanks! I do realize I have to make this new lifestyle work for me....but I'd been doing so good at losing I don't want it to slow down! I've been watching my scale at home and it hasn't moved since Friday's WI - so I'm wondering if I'm not going into another stall - and that just plain depresses me! I understand how it all works so to speak - but I see it as I'm giving up soooo much that I love and seeing nothing back in return. Like I said before - I think having the scale move is critial for me to stay OP - I get easily discouraged. I guess I have till Tuesday's WI to see something - so I'll just keep plugging away and hope for the best. I am proud to say I stayed strong last night and didn't cheat - I had a bottle of water and a warm fiber drink instead - not the same as a bunch of oreo's but it worked.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #174  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Hello Ladies. Just a quick update. Went in for WI this afternoon. No suprise I haven't lost since last WI. I have been regularly excercising and I know my body. I build muscle really fast and since I have been really working the large muscle groups I know that's what's going on. Still it's discouraging to not see any scale movement........ and since my program is over on 8-1, as of tomorrow, I will be doing the MetaQuick.
I really want to see the 150s - so wish me luck!
I hope I don't get too hungry doing MQ.
Ah, but since you're exercising & building muscle you're burning fat, so you're probably losing more inches that pounds. Not a bad thing at all!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #175  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Hey, does anyone know the difference between sea salt and kosher salt? I have a ton of kosher salt and didn't want to have to buy sea salt.

Also, I forgot to buy oranges (I am supposed to have 1/2 each day for breakfast days 1-4). I have some strawberries. Will they be okay? I know most plans like strawberries because they are so low in sugars. Thoughts?
From http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/ck_c...96168_,00.html
Chemically there is little difference between kitchen salts. All are at least 97 1/2 percent sodium chloride. But there are significant differences in the provenance and processing of these salts.

Table salt is mined from underground salt deposits, and includes a small portion of calcium silicate, an anti-caking agent added to prevent clumping. It possesses very fine crystals and a sharp taste. Because of its fine grain a single teaspoon of table salt contains more salt than a tablespoon of kosher or sea salt.

Sea salt is harvested from evaporated seawater and receives little or no processing, leaving in tact the minerals from the water it came from. These minerals flavor and color the salt slightly. However, because these salts often come at a dear price, it is worth keeping in mind that they lose their unique flavor when cooked or dissolved.

Kosher salt takes its name from its use in the koshering process. It contains no preservatives and can be derived from either seawater or underground sources. Aside from being a great salt to keep within arm's reach when you are cooking, it is particularly useful in preserving, because its large crystals draw moisture out of meats and other foods more effectively than other salts.

As far as the oranges vs strawberries go, I doubt there's anything magic about the oranges, so strawberries would probably be okay if you can't get any oranges. Probably about 1/2 - 3/4 cup (you're allowed 3/4 cup on the green menu, which is the one you'll be on after the first 10 days).
Old 07-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #176  
Shannon

Thanks Meemo!
I appreciate your fact-finding for me.
I am 1/2 way through my first day and I am starving! If I remember from a few years back when I tried this, I was hungry until day 11. Does that sound about right? Wish me luck! i am off to work at the golf course where i will be tempted by yummy junk food. But I have already packed my dinner veggies and will grab some deli turkey at the snack bar as my protein. Plus, I am drinking all 5 of my HNS today. One day at a time, right??

I will talk to you all when I get home--at 9:00! Ugh!!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #177  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Stuckingradschool
- Im not drinking the NHS yet, Im still conditioning. I have my class Friday. I was just so hoping I could loose a pound or two this week, it would give me a great boost to keep going. I choose this plan cause there seems to be a bit of loss each week (except during a plauteau) - but Im over it this morning! Its gonna be a wonderful day!

DKRiely
- What an awesome feeling tht must be to have to go to the next hook on the ol bra! Congrats!!!!!!!
Girl I know how u feel I condition last week I just knew I would not lose anything!! I got in there it was a 3 pound lost and I asked her if she adjusted the scale to make me feel better!!! lol... Now I am checking my scale at home and it looks like 3 more pounds we will see Ill weight in Tuesday (wish me luck) You will do fine I know it..... Keep telling your self you can and you will
Old 07-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #178  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Has any one tried the ranch dressing from the cook book? Is it any good?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #179  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I'll probably get the lecture about knocking me out of fat burning as well, as I didn't have my green sheet along and thought that lentils would replace my bread, just like black beans do. Well, guess what...they aren't on the plan. I got chewed yesterday about the ketosis because I ate a nectarine (all we had at home for fruit), as its not OP either. They are going to just love my food diary, with another off plan choice. I keep thinking I'm making the best choices in the moment, but there are just a couple of counselors who agree with me so I'm bummed tonight, too.
You know what? If you don't want to get chewed, just don't put "lentils" on the sheet! Put beans. Truth is, you DID make the best choice of the moment in both cases. Nectarines might not be optimal, but it's better than no fruit. Same with the lentils. Counselors who expect perfection have their heads in the wrong place, if you get my drift. The smart ones recognize that every meal won't be perfect & acknowledge that.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #180  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Judy-You are doing so well! Don't be bummed. I think the lifestyle speech is applicable here, too. It would be ideal if you had been offered a full range of menu options, but it sounds like you conscientiously made what would be good lifestyle choices if you weren't on such a restrictive plan. That is a victory in itself! And that's what's going to count in the long-run when you have reached your goal and gone through maintenance and are turned loose on a whole world of food choices. Furthermore, I'm not sure any one of us is fortunate enough to have registered nutritionists as our consultants, and sometimes I think they know less than we do. I googled nutritional info for both black beans and lentils, and the black beans have more calories/carbs/protein/fiber. Unless the lentils were prepared in some crazy seasoning, you shouldn't have gotten enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis.
Stuck: Wow! Lentils really have fewer calories and carbs than black beans??? Maybe my slip up will be OK. I really appreciate your feedback on that. I'm not so much in the pity party mood this morning.

Quote:
Hey thanks for the tips, I will have to try some of those this week. I also like to pre-cook ground turkey breast with taco seasoning and then I measure out 4 ounce baggies of the stuff, so that I can just grab and go. I do this with chicken breast too.
Strawberry: I haven't tried the ground turkey breast with taco seasoning, so will do that this week. Eating chicken is getting old pretty fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Third NSV - had to pull in the reins on my bra, shorten the straps and move it in a clasp. Now I find this a funny NSV but all the same I'll take it
DK: Those are great NSVs...I remember when I was able to get rid of my "parachute panties" and how excited that made me feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Sunday update. The counselor (a new one) I met with said I really should not lose more than 10 more lbs b/c 125 should be a good weight for me. I shouldn't confuse toning with losing more weight. However, I really think I have lots of weight left to lose in my belly and thighs (not just toning to be done). I have major rolls and they're not just lose skin, they're fat. But she said b/c that's the area where most of my extra weight is that the next 10 lbs may come just from there and I should notice a HUGE difference.
Rocki: As much as 120 sounds ideal to you, you may want to do the "wait and see" about how you look at 125. I think some of the "fluff" around your middle may decrease as you continue to exercise while losing those last pounds. Way to go on your numbers...they are VERY impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Thanks! I do realize I have to make this new lifestyle work for me....but I'd been doing so good at losing I don't want it to slow down! I've been watching my scale at home and it hasn't moved since Friday's WI - so I'm wondering if I'm not going into another stall - and that just plain depresses me! I understand how it all works so to speak - but I see it as I'm giving up soooo much that I love and seeing nothing back in return. Like I said before - I think having the scale move is critial for me to stay OP - I get easily discouraged. I guess I have till Tuesday's WI to see something - so I'll just keep plugging away and hope for the best. I am proud to say I stayed strong last night and didn't cheat - I had a bottle of water and a warm fiber drink instead - not the same as a bunch of oreo's but it worked.
MOB: Much as we hate to admit it, most of us DO rely on the scale moving to see progress. And your choice to have H20 and a fiber dring rather than the oreos is impressive!

I sent a PM shout out to Angierue and got a response. She's been struggling a bit, but hopes to get back on track. Hopefully, we'll hear from her on the forum again soon. Still no word from 3MonkeysMomma or Ms.Gigi. Hope they know we are thinking about them.

It's supposed to hit 102 here today...that is REALLY hot for Colorado, but at least we don't have the humidity. I'm sitting in the air conditioned house, chugging down the water. My next WI is on Tuesday, and I have my fingers crossed I will be down.

BTW, I found some chewable Centrum silver vitamins...that way they can't tell me the vitamins will be flushed out of my system, even though Stuck in Grad School substantiated that it does happen .

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! This forum is truly a lifesaver.

Judy
Gma to 4
Closed Thread