Old 08-16-2003, 03:45 PM   #181  

Angry THANKS ALEKA

ALEKA, no not near goal . see i lost 25 lbs last summer done so good. well then blew it. lol and i gained some back. so got 6 more lbs to go till i am down that and can then start on my other hafe to goal. why i did it i do not know. valentines day came and oh the sugar....loll so i am off it now again. so its garden time again and that is how i lost the other. so going for this hafe and my goal.got 32 lbs to lose. i am hoping by end of year. thanks for your nice words. they help me so much. How close to goal are you??? I wonder where Kim has been,she does not come in anymore. oh well i love this working together and can keep up with one another in this board. loll have a good day. LaDean woof tuffy says to lacee . hes having a good day. is fiesty i love it when he is.
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #182  

Monday.... walked 3 miles, rode exercise bike 2 miles. chopped up my stuff for a salad early then add tomaoes and dressing when i eat it. had it for breakfast and lunch. fresh garden vegies yummmmmy, so i am enjoying. the scales are not bad just up 1/2 from weekend. that is better then 2lbs last 2 weeks i had to get off then what counted for tops. so got to figuring hey if i would be good weekends i could have a good loss. lol so went for it. so it did work. sticking to the 1200 calories and watching the fruit. as i gain eating it.. so have a good day aleka..woof lacee i had a raseberry bubble bath today (tuffy) felt good i was so hot , LaDean
Old 08-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #183  

Angry Hi LaDean,

You sound like you're coming right along with your diet and exercise. I bet Tuffy smells really good after his bath. I have about 15 to 20 lb. to lose to be where I want to be. I was very close to it around the holidays then stopped going to WW and gained all by 3 lbs back. Now, I just can't seem to stick to anything for very long. I hope the heat has left your area. It's very nice here, but it's supposed to be in the 90's again by Fri.

Take care and have a good day.
Aleka
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 01:00 PM   #184  

Aleka, you will get back to it. i just try different things really. if it works for a week go for it. then do something else another one. maybe variety is what will help you. it does me sometimes. now this week i am counting ww points with the neighbor gal. i shared them with her. so just do not stick to anything for awhile. just watch portions. this also helps me. hey you have not gotten far to go. Have you ever thought of joing tops? or have you before. its like $20 a year and get a tops magazine. and dues vary for each group for a month ours is $2 and its fun. you can go and visit one meeting and decided. www.tops.org can tell you if one in your area. a idea. some of us just have to do our thing and so maybe that is best for you. what ever i wish you good luck. you are a great friend to come in here daily and share with me. it helps alot. i appreciate it so much. if i can be of any help just let me know.. we are getting ready to can some pickles. we have lots of cukes and tomatoes so i been eating salads this week even for breakfast. lol well friend do your best your so close wish i was that close. got 31 here. if i get urge for something been grabbing a cuke or tomatoe. have a great day.. LaDean
Old 08-20-2003, 07:08 PM   #185  

day is going good. scales are looking good. got till friday so trying to be extra good each day. not down as much as yesterday but did some no no yesterday. oh well not up so that is what matters. Hope your day is going good. rd. ex bike 2 miles and walked 3 miles so that is good. did it while it was cool. oh the garden vegies are so yummy. well have a good day. LaDean
Old 08-21-2003, 06:05 AM   #186  

Thumbs down

Hi LaDean,

You really did a lot of exercising yesterday. How did you weigh in go today? Yesterday a friend and I went out for lunch to the Olive Garden and I was good. I ate what I wanted, but brought most of it home with me. Unfortunately afterwards we went shopping and with it being hot, I had to throw the leftovers away when I got home. I forgot to take a cooler with an ice block with me when I went. This afternoon another friend and I will be going out to lunch and I will remember the cooler.

Have a safe trip to Reno and a wonderful time with your sister-in-law. How long will you be gone?

Have a good day!
Aleka
Old 08-21-2003, 09:17 AM   #187  

Angry Hi Aleka,

I weigh in friday. scales look good this morning and have all week. so today got to be extra good. they are not down like they were tuesday but that is ok. i weigh daily but i do know that changes can be. Yes been exercising lots when its cooler of morning. i got to water flowers this morning after my walk. I got ot reno next month and we just stay 4 days. always have fun rent a car so if not winning can shop. your lunch yesterday sound good. my kids love to eat at that place. i have never been. have a nice lunch today to. that is sad not taking your cooler and doing as good as you did. just enjoy and have what you want. sounds like your doing a good job at it. we have to still live and all. your not all that over wt either. its cooler morning now and i love it. have a great day. I see Kim is reporting her exercise so that is good. on the other board. miss her popping in her. guess she will when she can. LaDean
Old 08-22-2003, 02:24 PM   #188  

Aleka, I am so happy i am bubbling. lost 2 lbs this week and 10th week no gains. lost 12 1/2 lbs and total of 20 now. just 4 to go that i have gained back since last summer. i am 29 from goal oh that sounds so good. i am so excited just had to share. good luck to you and have a good day. we are canning tomatoe juice today. got clothes to hang out. i just got so much energy. lol tuffy is doing good to woof to lacee. LaDean
Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #189  

Smile

Hi LaDean! Congratulations on your weight loss!! I am so happy for you!! Keep it up!! How did the canning go? That seems like a lot of work. It was hot again today, but the temp has dropped a bit and it's supposed to be like fall over the weekend. I've had enough of this heat.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Aleka
Old 08-23-2003, 01:13 AM   #190  

aleka, thanks so much. your the greatest friend. thanks for coming in here daily and chatting. it means so much to me. I wonder how KIT is . she never comes in. Hope she does soon. the canning went good. i just cut up the tomatoes and hubby does rest. then we dug 2 rows of white potatoes so thats done. the deer ate all my favorite ones the red ones. got none just few. small so ones he can use to plant next year. we will have a fence next year no matter what the darn city says. as we are out and all. lol there building 6new homes from our lot down road so that will help. a woods in back so that is the problem now. we love to can. grandson loves his dill pickles so make them for him. hes 4 years old. well have a good week. LaDean
Old 08-23-2003, 05:08 AM   #191  

Angry

LaDean, thank you for your kind words. I enjoy chatting with you. I am glad that you come here daily too and that you posted about Tuffy the first time. Our heat and humidity broke sometime during the night and it's supposed to be in the 70's today instead of the 90's. My cousin, who I spend the 2 weeks with in July, is coming up this morning from Mass. and we are heading to an arts & crafts fair in a town 18 miles from where I live. They close off the main street and the vendors set up their tents on either side of the street. It's quite an elaborate affair they do every year.
You really sound busy with all your canning. I know everything will be delicious when you eat them.

Have a great day!
Aleka
Old 08-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #192  

aleka. sounds like a fun day for the both of you. glad shes coming up and your going. i love craft shows and all. yes when i seen your picture of your dog i was hoping you had one. i love them so much. tuffy is all snuggled down here . he had to get up so its our normal weekly up time. so i just stayed up. hes cold. its cooler here this morning. glad its cooler there to. hate the heat.ha i went to our jamboree vol. dinner last nite and totally blew it. oh well had fun and got my 10 year pin for helping. so that was exciting. its been going for 11 years. they had a live band and i wanted to stay and listen and was like 10 when it came on so i had to leave. do not like to be out to late. hubby worries to. so i came home after the awards and all were given.to much good food. but thats over and today is my new day to start my week, hey have a good one to. your doing good to. Have a fun day and good one. LaDean woof to lacee
Old 08-25-2003, 06:27 PM   #193  

Angry Hi LaDean,

Congratulations on getting your 10 yr. pin. That's great you had a good time at the dinner. Don't worry about blowing it, you do have to get out once in awhile and enjoy yourself and not worry about what you're eating. The craft fair was nice, and my cousin & I enjoyed ourselves. She bought a few things, but I came home empty handed. I didn't see anything that interested me. It is cool here, Sunday I was in jeans & a sweatshirt. They say it's supposed to get hotter by the end of the week. I can't believe that this upcoming weekend is Labor Day. Where did the summer go?? Lacee says "WOOF" to Tuffy!

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Aleka
Old 08-26-2003, 12:06 AM   #194  

thanks so much. yes i volenteer for our jamboree. so have for that long. anyhows they always give us a appreciation dinner. they furnish the chicken had 3 different kinds. bbq, plain and carribean. that was the theme. my daughter got me a cute hawaiian blouse to wear. I just had a ball. my girlfriend and i go. our hubbie do not go. but alot theres do not. I am so glad you 2 enjoyed the craft shows. they are so much fun. glad its cooled off. was a hot one today and suppose to have more coming. i am still wearing shorts i do just about year around or the capria pants. well hey lets do this together and we can. have a good evening. wooofffffff tuffy says. his belly is full and hes napping. lol he does this alot. LaDean
Old 08-27-2003, 06:43 AM   #195  

Angry

Hi,

Yesterday was not a very good diet day. A friend and I had our last outing for the summer and we always do something special. We north to our favorite restaurant for breakfast. They serve the best pancakes. As usual, I ate too much. But, I did not eat anything else until dinnertime. Hopefully today I'll do better.
How did your day go yesterday? I've started out wearing jeans in the mornings, but by afternoon I have to put my shorts on. We still have some warm weather to go through before it starts cooling down for good. Usually the weekend after Labor Day is awfully hot, but after that it's cools down nicely.

You and Tuffy have a good day!
Aleka