Old 06-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #106  

Aleka, really how funny. yes i got to reading up on it and thought hey giving it a try... that is neat you thinking the same thing to.. well that is ok i know how it is not mentioning it.. i feel the same way with telling family and all what i am doing.ha I meant to get with it today but had carbs and forgot.. so in the am i will start it strong for 2 weeks. will be fun doing it with you that way when your working with someone you stick to it... if we go off some we are only human..i have had a pretty good day all in all. to hot to move. but did do 3 miles on ex bike..I had bread with sandwitch for lunch and potatoe salad. not to great.ha ha so i will buckle down now working with you. .. i hope you get to feeling better... take care and thanks so much for being my online friend. tuffy says woofff hes so hot to. ha its suppose to cool off tomorrow i am praying.ha ha yes i read about it more on diettalk and John explained it so good. so figured hey is almost what i am doing.. i am watching starches and sugars because of my psorasis. it acts it up bad...
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #107  

KIT, HEY WHERE ARE YOU????? i hope your ok and all. hope the jc plan is still working out for you... miss you. LaDean
Old 06-29-2003, 12:32 AM   #108  

aleka, did you read what john wrote. says no fruit. so guess i can for this many days have none...ha good luck.. LaDean
D
Old 06-29-2003, 07:30 AM   #109  

LaDean, I have had the SB diet book for quite a while now. I'm embarassed to say how long. I guess I just had to find the right time for me to try it. I am really not a big fruit eater, but I love my blueberries! I am going to miss cereal & fruit in the mornings, and that will probably be my first breakfast after Phase I. I was doing some searching and found a SB diet board, which had some links. I found this link and if you scroll down there is a lot of SB Phase I & Phase II recipes and also a shopping list. I printed out the shopping list.pub46.************/brecipeexchange11667 This will be fun doing it together. I am going to start this morning for sure. Lacee is doing ok. Says "WOOF" to Tuffy. I am also thankful that you and Kathy are my on line friends. Good luck today!

Hi Kathy!

Have a great day!
Aleka
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 03:38 PM   #110  

Hi, thanks so very much for this neat site. i loved it.. put it on favorites and been checking it out.. i love seeing what we can eat.ha This will be fun doing together and reporting to one another.. it will make me stick with it more.. the site is so very helpful.. i never got book as can get about all of it on here.ha so will just use it.. also www.prevention.com has some things on it.. i was thinking about it and then got on site and john explained it more so said hey think that is what is for me.. as i gain if i eat to much fruit... so i watch it more... I love fruit.ha so this first 2 weeks will be not so hard for you.ha yes me for breakfast like toast and ceral... but hey we will do it. cause we want results and that we will have if we go for it.. so good luck... i will check here often as i am now... easier then when so many on a site.ha ha tuffy says woof also.. well hey we can do this and we will. have a good day... its warm here still says cooler so hopefully... i am going to ride ex bike today some.. i am not over doing by no means..ha ha

KIT,, HEY WHERE YOU AT/???? Hope all is going good with you and your plan. be sure and come in and share we love it.. helps keep us going. ha LaDean
Old 06-30-2003, 08:07 AM   #111  

Angry Hi!

LaDean, how did you do yesterday? It went very well for me. I hardly felt hungry at all. I am taking full advantage of the up to 75 cal. daily treat.

Hi Kathy, how was your weekend?

Menu 6/29
B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, bell peppers, coffee
L: salad w/turkey, turkey ham, low-fat cheese, and olive oil & vinegar salad dressing, lemon flavored water
Snack: 2 s/f fudgsicles totaling 70 cal.
D: cheeseburger, kidney beans, iced decaf coffee
Snack: snow cone made with s/f Davinci cherry syrup

Have a great day.
Aleka
Old 06-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #112  

ALEKA, it went ok with me..
breakfast eggs, milk (forgot)
Lunch;;; salad, weiner, cheese
Dinner.... chili
so all in all a good one. i remembered the milk rest of day.ha and also bread. sounds like yours went fine to..

Monday.... 2 scramble eggs.
I watch fats but cannot go to low on them as my psorais acts up real bad. that is how i got it to low fat diet when it first came out.. but i do watch it.. so weiners were a no no. but today will be more watchful for me..ha LaDean have a good dayll
Old 06-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #113  

Hi,

So both of you are doing the SBD? ALRIGHT! I having this in common (besides the dog. lol) can help both of you stay on track! I'm so happy this is good news!

Aleka- I understand about the SS diet. I just can't do that diet. Too many rules I whind up thinking about food all day long.

LaDean-How the heck are ya? I'm so glad you didn't mess up your diet w/ that delicious cake. lol I on the other hand couldn't resist it this weekend.

Good News- even though I ate like a little pigglet this weekend, I manage to loose another pound.

I'll start posting my menus, to keep me honest, so I won't be having a taste of this and that. I'm sure both of you know what I mean.

Kathy
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #114  

oh kit so glad to see you. glad your losing that is so great... glad that your program is doing so good for you... yes this was quite a surprise as neither of us knew the other one was doing it. ha then both of us on same one.. its helping me stick with it and all. at first forgot and had milk. so is taking a bit to get use to it.. have you been on it before??? well my daughter was with me and in a hurry.ha ha oh good i love reading different menus as mine seems so boring.ha well good luck the both of you..we can do it and we will do it.. we are on our way... yehhhhhhh kit so proud of you lossing. we will join you soon and be losssssinngggg also. ha ha LaDean
Old 07-01-2003, 04:58 PM   #115  

Angry Hi LaDean & Kathy!

Kathy, I was wondering where you were. Congratulations on your 1 lb. loss! That's fantastic! You really are coming along.

LaDean, how are you doing today? I was kind of sick to my stomach for a bit this morning, but it went away after a while. I figured it was some sort carb withdrawal. It's weird, but I don't feel very hungry, but have the urge to eat everything in sight! I am determined to do this.

menu 6/30:
B: 2 eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon, bell peppers, coffee
L: salad w/turkey ham, low-fat cheese, oil & vinegar salad dressing, lemon flavored water.
Snack: 2 fudgicles totaling 70 cal.
D: summer squash/zucchini "noodles", fried fish (I don't like fish, but this was something new), decaf iced coffee
Snack: ricotta cheese w/vanilla flavored Davinci syrup

Have a good evening.
Aleka
Old 07-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #116  

6/30 6/30 menu
b. eggs scramble
L. eggs
d. chicken enchiladas, refried beans
I am going to have to learn how to fix my eggs by looking at some receipes on diettalk.. I also need to get some turkey bacon..

7/1 menu
b. rasins handfull ( a no no never thougth of sugar) to late now ha
L. cheese, weiner
D. steak, salad, green beans

today is better some.. just forgot the sugar in rasins.. but not enough to really hurt..

I am glad your doing so good with yours. my menus are so boring compared to yours. it sounds so good. i need to go shopping.. sales start tomorrow so that is shopping day. ha but this is 3rd day and i have done pretty good. sorry to hear your sick.. i have not been strict enough i guess. i did that when i first went off the sugar for first time.. so is the same thing with carbs they say.. i sure can tell that they both are same. as i feel better already without them... hope your feeling better now..
I also need to plan my menu more.. and i will get more use to doing it as i go along with the plan...
we can and we will do this together...Your doing great...

Kit, proud of you and your plan that is great your losing...

Oh my my i just looked up rasins..... to mannnnnny carbs for sure good thing just a handfull.. but helping out with bible school at church this week and they served them to kids. ha ha i sure will stay away from them now... lol

Last edited by LaDean; 07-02-2003 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:32 AM   #117  

Wow, I just love to read your menus!

Aleka- I'm still here, but i've been cheating a lot lately. Your doing great. I hope the nausea doesn't last very long.

LaDean- I'm glad you have a partner on this diet. I've been around the web and most people love it and see great results.

Menu 7/1
Breakfast- 2 egg whites, 1/2 cereal, 1c milk
Snack- 2 slice cheese, 2 WASA crackers
Lunch- Cheesy enchilada, diet soda, fruit
Snack- Yogurt
Dinner-lasgna, chocolate cake, diet soda.

I also had 1tbsp of icecream which isn't part of the program, I've got to get my BLT's under control.

Kathy
Kitkat3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #118  

Angry

Hi Kathy and LaDean!

I got on the scales this morning and I'm down 3 lbs.

Kathy, your menu looks great. Last night I did not feel like eating dinner, so I didn't. I have been hungry today though. I'm only on day 4 of phase 1 and I'm more than ready to start phase 2 I miss my cereal & fruit.

LaDean, you are doing well with this woe. I really like turkey bacon. I just either scramble the eggs or fry them. It does take time to get used to a new diet, but you'll have it down pat in no time!

menu 7/1
B: 2 fried eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon, broccoli w/low fat cheese, coffee
L: cheeseburger (no bun), salad w/ oil & vinegar dressing, water
Snack: 2 chocolate fudgsicles totaling 70 cal.
D: ricotta cheese mixed w/sugar free Davinci syrup

Hope you both have a good evening.
Aleka
Old 07-02-2003, 08:43 PM   #119  

Smile CONGRATULATIONS

ALEKA, YEHHHHHH THAT IS GREAT GOOD FOR YOU...
I AM DOWN 2 1/4 LBS.. I AM SO HAPPY.

I am more use to it my 4th day also.. i need to get some bacon and fudge sickles.. yes that is how i am fixing my eggs to.. getting use to them.. Yes both your menus sound so good... i am going to have to work on mine.ha but i love getting ideas.ha

wednesday menu 7/2
b. cheese (in hurry)been working with bible school with kids
L. 1/2 "bread" (NO NO) Salad, tiny piece of steak , green beans, 1c of fat free milk..
Have not got dinner planned yet... Yes i am getting more use to it now.. but i sure miss the fruit... my weakness... and of course my ceral.. we can have fat free milk...
10 more days and p2. here i come.ha ha ha

yes Kit its fun to have someone to work on a plan with.. it makes me stick to it more.. I am so glad you found your plan. and your doing great...
well later and have a good evening the both of you. i got to get on ex bike tonite though...
for all 3 of us
Old 07-03-2003, 07:49 AM   #120  

Thumbs down Good morning.....

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss! You really are doing great. If you have a Super Walmart near where you live, I usually get their Blue Bunny, "Health Smart" orange creme, raspberry creme, chocolate fudge, and chocolate vanilla bars. The orange & raspberry come in 1 box, and the fudge & vanilla come in 1 box. They are really good, and only 60 cal. per ice cream bar (they are all on a stick like fudgsicles are). I also get their Blue Bunny fudgsicles, that are 70 cal. for 2.

Kathy, are you still going to JC? Hope everything is going well for you.

Menu 7/2
B: 2 eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, broccoli w/low fat cheese, coffee
L: Salad w/ turkey ham, low fat cheese, olive oil & vinegar dressing, lemon flavored water
Snack: chocolate ice cream bar, 60 cal.
D: grilled chicken w/cheese, black beans, iced tea
Snack: ricotta cheese w/caramel s/f Davinci Syrup

I want to wish you both a very safe and happy 4th of July!! Are either of you doing anything special?

Take care and have a great day.
Aleka