Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #1546  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
I see in your profile that you are a research scientist, which I think is so cool. I took an intro to microbiology in nursing school at the University of Wisconsin, and I was blown away. I never even knew I like biology.......until I had to take so many courses in it. Anyway what kinds of tissue are you growing in the hood? Sis and I have a joke about "the hood," cuz she is a pharmacy tech, and mixes chemo in a hood, and when I call her at work, they often tell me, "well, she is in the hood," and since I am twisted, I giggle to myself.
I culture prostate and breast cancer cell lines, as well as mouse fibroblasts from IGF-IR deficient mice that over-express the insulin receptor. Probably more than you wanted to know Our main projects deal with diabetes, obesitiy, prostate and breast cancer and the role of the IGF-IR and Insulin receptor . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #1547  
Let's try this again . .

Christie/Wendy-I hope you guys are right-men are good for some things! (Sorry to the men around here . . . .just being funny!)

Ulanda-I understand why you want to drop out-but it's fine that you're doing the challenge and still tweaking out the plan. Seriously-the challenge is to keep us focused . . .it's not like we're going to win a million dollars.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #1548  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

JM........not TMI at all. Is your degree in microbiology? I really wish, sometimes, I was in the working world. I can live through you all I LOVE being a stay at home mom.....don't get me wrong.......I just miss grown-up discussions, sometimes. All in due time. We all have different time lines, don't we? DH doesn't exactly find it sexy when I am humming kid songs in bed at night....LOL.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #1549  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Really? Why?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #1550  
Let's try this again . .

nicole: Close-I have a master's in Molecular Biology.

Maybe you should try playing Red Rover-see if DH gets into that!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #1551  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Ulanda - There are plenty of others on the blue team who aren't following an official program at all, and they are having ups and downs like all of us. You are putting more effort into you than a lot of other people are probably putting into their weight loss, so quit if you must, but don't do it for that reason!

Wendelina - Yes, "riff-raff" is probably a good word. DH met me and DD when she was 4 (she's 14 now) and he's definitely a keeper! On another note, 4 kids??? Holy crap!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #1552  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Height: 5'4"

OMG! I just dipped my caramel lite in RF Peanut butter, WOW! That will be perfect when TOM arrives, and totally guilt free if I measure out mt PB first!
Just wanted to share.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #1553  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey everybody!

I'm a bit behind on my posts, so I apologize in advance for not hitting everybody!

JM -- LOVE the new avator!! And as for being a single mom & dating - it can be done. I have four kids, and still managed to meet people. Like Nicole said, you're a package deal now!!

Cassi - I'm going to give the red some time to see if I lose again. Like I said before, I WAS losing, and the one lady at COD said that because I was "close" (I was at 194) then to go to purple to continue losing.

to everybody else!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #1554  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Barb – I am so sorry to see you going through such a rough time. How about joining me Monday and Tuesday w/TO and then plan your meals for the rest of the week. But… plan something you would look forward to. Like maybe Baked Cheetos (LA Cheese Curls in your diary) for a starch one day, or a 100 calorie mini bag of popcorn. Find a recipe (I still love the beef Dijon, or a taco salad) that you will look forward to making. Make it something with a sauce that seems off plan but isn’t. Something besides grilled and plain this and that. If you want, PM me and I’ll be happy to help. But maybe if you plan for the week, and include one thing each day that you have to look forward to, it will help you stay on track and wrap your brain around this.
Maybe I will do this. I HATE T/O LOL.....

You may just get a PM from me.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #1555  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

jm~ what an amazing job...reasherching the top diseased affecting our society...kudos too u...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #1556  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

JM - Hee.. liked that cheeky comment about men.

Ok, Nicole.. which songs exactly were you humming in bed? I think my dh really likes it when I sing the "Wonderpets" theme at night..

Cassi - Yep.. 4 kids. When I met my dh, he didn't even bat an eye at that fact.. and now we have 5! What kind of mother would I be if I didn't share photos??

Here's a link to photos of my brood:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2096187173

I did well at the authentic Mexican lunch - used it as a carb craver (duh! I forget all about using those!) Lemon water, here I come!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #1557  

Wendelina- CUTE kids
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #1558  
Post-Master

WendyII.........you have 5 kids too???
Old 01-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #1559  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Afternoon All
We are getting some good snow here and trying to stay warm.. Cassi you'd need 7 layers!
The planets are working again as I was down 1.6 lbs today.. woohoo.. they tried to bring out the clapper and I promptly put it back in the jar.
Congrats to all the losers and an even bigger congrats to those that had a bad week but still came to the board to keep motivated. It is a slow process but a worthwhile process. The people I know that did Bersteins.. huge drops, very quickly have all gained it back and extra and now really have a hard time losing weight. Who wants to live on 700 calories a day and have a regimen of needles.. I'll take the slow approach.. and if we don't lose sometimes we still have the great group of people that we've met. It's not only a lifestyle change in how we eat but also we've all found a great system of support, accountablity and motivation.

Keep strong ladies and gents!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #1560  
Post-Master

also......love, "tropical minnesota"........."does this blinkie make me look fat," and "I am the anti-Martha Stuart."