Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #1396  
LAWL Salt Police

Well, I'm back.. I'm back down to 249, so it looks as though the TO worked.. Also, the counselors at the Santa Fe store were kind of shocked that I was on the Blue Plan.. I won't bore you with the details as to the reasons I was placed on Blue from Red... (insert blah blah blah here)...

So after a call to my home COD, and a review of my chart, they agreed that due to my work hours and my "activity" level, I should be back on Red, at least until I hit the Purple level.. They basically told me that my recent, constant up and down was probably because I was, in essecence, starving myself...

So here I am back on Red.. It's going to take me a while to get back into the groove of having more food, but I think I'll be able to live with it...

Thanks for all the encouragement.!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #1397  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

ljackson.......good for you!!!! I am so trying to stop obsessing too.

Kristen.......I just ate your cheesy beef and brocolli for lunch Yeah, it's only 11:00 a.m., but I was hungry. It is delicious!!!! I have made it before, but I don't know if I ever told you how much I love it. All three of my DD's love it too. My boys don't eat it too well, but they are kind of picky right now. Although, little Andrew picks out all the brocolli..........it is his favorite food. What a strange 2 yo, huh? Anyway, I was wondering if you are still in your funk? I have had a good couple of days.....but today I think I am love sick. My DH went out of town for work at 5:30 this a.m., and he is comming back tomorrow evening......but I HATE it when he is gone. My mom used to always tease me that I was love sick when he was gone. I get kind of edgy and cranky.....and I feel overwhelmed easily. I pretty much just get the blahs. Oh well..........by the end of the day, I am hoping this passes. If not, tomorrow is a brand new day. At least I am POP so far today

Lea Ann.......are things looking more positive as far as a promotion???

Joni.......I hope you are doing ok. I am sure thinking of you today
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #1398  
Post-Master

Dan..........I never really thought about the fact that you were on blue. Usually someone on this board will catch something like that. You should totally be on red. I don't think it will take you long to get used to more food. I bet this will make a huge difference
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #1399  
LAWL since October, 2006

Good Morning

Nicole - Your DS cracks me up. I actually really miss all those (albeit tiring) antics of young kids. When my youngest went to school full time - I was soooo lost. I love having them home. I look forward to the pro-d days and weekends now. I am skeptical of the slimfasts, too. I have decided to drop them for now. (I hate stopping something 1/2 way) My stomach has not been happy since I started them. I sure do like the conveniece, though!

I am determined to be pop today

Dan (or should we start to call you Arnie?) - doesn't that feel good, though?! I used to loooove the burn after a good workout. Your body will thank you for it.

Kim - Don't ya love that "fake vacation" in a sunbed??!!! You must be really looking forward to your real vacation!! (Take me with you, pleeeeez! )

Pearl - I love hearing about your new job. It always works out the way it's supposed to. Sometimes it's hard to know where something is headed - but we are just the co-pilots, and the pilot knows where he is going!!

HI to everyone else here, (sorry I didn't name even 1/4 of y'all) but I just had a couple of mins to do personals....

Have a great POP day!!
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #1400  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Dan--I am glad they reviewed your chart--I think most of us were shocked you were on Blue--it's really just not enough food for a man (IMHO). Even when DH went on Stab. & Maint. he started and finished on Purple w/ lites at 193.

Lisa --good to see you--I swear you could just sign my name to your posts--we think too much alike. I weigh less often than ever and seem to be okay with it. I KNOW I MUST start exercising again--ugh.

Nicole--I really can't imagine (knock on wood) that there will not be a teaching position for me next year, especially now that I am certified in 2 subjects, grades 4-8, and English 4-12. Unfortunately, with my prior years and Masters I am more expensive than a first year (hey--I'm worth it--lol)Guess we'll just have to wait and see (yes--I am the most impatient woman in the world!!). It seems a lot of people interview during Spring Break (hard to take a personal day to go interview--lol) but then most people will wait until the very last minute before contracts are due back to turn in their letter of resignation. I understand--often times when you are "on your way out" the way you are treated suffers. I've seen it--not suffered it--thank goodness! Thanks for asking though--I sometimes need to remind myself of my own worth. Oh--you are in good company--my DH left this morning at 5:30, too for a meeting out of town.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #1401  
Post-Master

Rhonda...........what happened to your picture???
Old 01-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #1402  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to say I'm here on a regular basis, but only lurking most of the time.
I too, am in a funk, and can't seem to get out. It started right after christmas. Like I have said before, I'm having trouble with the starches. I am just a carb craver, and I try to keep the stuff out of my house, but it works it's way in for one resaon or another. It's not that bad of stuff (rice cakes, FF pringles), nothing like I would have bought before starting LAWL. I keep losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds. It's very discouraging. I have been doing better, and have started the eliptical and tae-bo agian. My home scale has dropped 2 pound sso hopefully I will keep it off, and keep dropping from here.
I think I may have come up with a plan that works though. I bought a naughty unmentionable at Victoria Secret My husband has been telling me to buy for a few years now. I found it on sale last week in a size medium, and told him I would wear it only after I lost 15 more pounds.(What I need to lose to make it fit). He is all of a sudden the diet **** . Everything I am going to eat he asks "is that on plan" he is bound and determined for me to lose those 15 pounds. Before he would say it's only one little cheat, or you have to live a little.
Sorry if this is TMI, but I thought I would share in case anybody else has a husband like mine. Don't get me wrong wither he is very supportive, he just loves food, and feels bad that I am not able to eat the "good" foods. I keep telling him it's a lifestyle change not a diet, and he better get used to it.

Hope everyone is have a POP day(so far, so good)
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #1403  

Hi everyone.. I'm a newbie too... just started today on the red plan...

Candace your Dh sounds like mine. I'm only trying to lose 45lbs right now, my DH told that when I got to 200 we would try to have another baby... my incentive. But everything I eat he asks me is that on your plan.
WendyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #1404  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

Hi All
Thanks for the congrats on reaching my goal.
To all those that have lost - congrats and to all those struggling - just keep at it. Each day on program is another day in your new healthy lifestyle.
I seem to have been running around the last couple of days and not able to post before this.
My little chihuahua is pregnant and due in about a week so I am keeping a close eye on her.
My DD & I are enjoying going to Curves together so hopefully she will keep up with it.
My DS ( or evil son ) is driving me nuts! He is doing an online course to make up for his failing socials 8 last year. And he just plods along at it. He frustrates me to no end- we had a big blowup over his school work and attitude about it yesterday. At least I didn't turn to food about it - just scrubbed some floors. Anybody want a almost 15yr old stubborn boy? lol he is a good kid but at times he is a....well teenager
Everyone have a great day and enjoy yourselves
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #1405  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, poo. Was up 1.2 pounds at WI today...totally HAS to be due to sodium because I didn't stray THAT far off of plan. I won't move my ticker till Friday when I weigh in again, because hopefully that little gain will be gone again.

If I start to drown in the lemon water, someone please save me!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #1406  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi guys... work is still really busy! I do hope to maybe catch up a little on my "reading" (a/k/a this board) tonight. Otherwise, maybe over the next few days.

Nicole - I have taken some pictures of my before and after kitchen and I will post on Webshots hopefully tonight.

I also had DD take a close up and full length picture of me that I will add to my webshots album. I can't tell that much of a difference, but I guess 56lbs has to look like something.

Anyhoo, I hope to chat with you all later. Miss you guys!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #1407  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

hi newbies..welcome ...this program is a life long change in our world....Changed the ticker today...yeh...down 1.8 from two days ago.. My COD suggested I come in three times this week to get 10 bucks....well money is fine but what it did was help me stay on track.....I have a big event this evening.....set menu at ITALIAN PLACE....but I am weighing in Fri or sAT, and I really want to learn how to do this wholething.....

so there you are...hi Nicole..morning Dan con grats on WI...
LOVE YOU ALL...NANCE
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #1408  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--are you kidding?!?!??? 56 pounds is amazing and has to look like a lot more than "something". Can't wait--I know we will all be able to see the difference. I hate the mind games our brains pull on us--why can't we at least have the satisfaction of being able to SEE our losses for ourselves?
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #1409  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Kim and Megan..thanks for the input...It is a true set menu with paired wines accompanying all dishes...but I do not need to eat everything...dur!!!!!
i REALLY WANT TO DO THIS THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEAS AND SUPPORT...

nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #1410  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Hi All,

I think I'm gonna work my way backward and try some personals this morning.

Candace - Thanks for chiming in - hadn't seen your face in a while. I think that is a great idea for anyone that has a sabateur in the house. Create an incentive for both of you . Personally, if my husband became the diet **** I'd probably rebel and eat more, so I can't encourage him.

Wendy #3 - Welcome to our merry little band of losers! This board is just fulll of support and wonderful ideas when you get stuck. Make sure you check back often cause we are a gabby group.

Nicole - Thanks for the shout out. You are a super star on personals. Yes, we do have the same goal (I noticed a couple other 140s out there as well). Personally, I feel best at 140 - healthy, confident, attractive, yada, yada. I tried 128 when I was 26 but I couldn't maintain it and I think I was too thin. My body just naturally found a set point at 138-140 and stayed there. So, I think it is achievable. Plus, I've got a storage closet full of size 6-8 clothes I want to get back in to. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

LeaAnn - I know what you mean about teaching. You all are so underappreciated. My mom was an elementary school teacher and my aunt is currently an ESL teacher in Delaware. Her district is trying to go all Charter and she is up in arms over it. It just seems like the powers-that-be are not willing to invest the money in quality teachers like you. They seem to want the cheapest labor possible with the highest work load - sad...

Rhonda - Good luck with your POP day. I am right there with you! Today I am celebrating my 15th strait day being POP. I miss your picture though.

Dan - Congrats on the WI and on the plan reevaluation. I still don't know enough about the plans to offer constructive advise but it seems like a fresh set of eyes (different COD) could really make a difference.

Kristen - You are just so cute! You crack me up. I really appreciate how positive you are. I finally figured out last night who I think you look like - my former next door neighbor, Stacy. She is just such a sweetheart too. Made me want to give her a call. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Mike is johnny on the spot with his deliverys to your center this week.

Kim - I am sooo jealous of your upcoming trip to Jamaica. I was there in 2005and could really use another vaca like that. Of course, this time I'd probably have to be a little more disciplined about the all-you-can eat and all-you-can-drink food and booze. We were definitely a little debauched.

Pearl - I'm so happy for you. It is nice to work somewhere you are appreciated. Of course, we miss having our guardian angel around here so much but you always find a way to send your good vibes in whenever you can.

Lizzy - Congrats on your WI. I was only down .2 yesterday as well but every little bit counts. I am just trying to keep it all in perspective. You are so lucky to have Dan to share this journey with you.

Jason - Welcome back. Congrats on getting a post closer to your DD. Trust me, fathers are so important in their daughter's lives. You teach us how men should treat us and set the example for who we will choose to partner with in our adult lives. Take from a girl whose father was MIA for her childhood, it's a struggle without you.

Deb - What can I say? You are still such an inspiration to me. I love your attitude and perseverance.

Nance - Not sure if you can plan ahead (at least in your mind) but that is what I have to do before I enter a restaurant. Otherwise, all bets are off. Last time DH and I went to dinner I knew ahead of time I would have 1P (whatever it was), a ceasar salad with no dressing (brought my own) and a baked potato. Turns out they did not have potatoes so I substituted rice. But I really stayed within the parameters I pre-set for myself so I wouldn't go crazy. Then I proceeded to order a tall glass of water with a side bowl of lemon and let them keep filling it up all night. That is just my strategy.

Megan - Sorry about your gain. I am sure it is just hormonal or something. Stay with that lemon water and choose some chicken or fish the next couple of days. You'll be down in no time!

Jenn - So nice to see your smiling face!

Martha - You are awesome! You're so close to goal. We have (had) almost the same amt. of weight to lose. Any tips about how you've stayed on track?

Debbie - Congrats on your OP day and hope you are having a nice trip to Atlanta. I had a friend that just moved back to Denver from Atlanta. Unfortunately, I never did get down there to visit him while he was there. I am dying to go to the DeKalb Market.

Cassi - Where are you???? Hope you are staying sane with your guests. I am sure you are enjoying much better weather than we are.

Evette - Beautiful as ever. You are my inspiration. Just like a butterfly released from a cacoon!

To everyone I am sure I missed, I am wishing you a great POP day and lots of NSVs!!!

Libby
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote