Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #1681  

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm starting to feel at home here once again. Sorry for the confusion with the name, I'll keep it to Sy.

Lizzy and others, it's good to be back...

Paula: We are in this fight together. I thought that I understood that we need so much support with losing, and maintaining is just as important but I stopped posting when I was getting closer to goal. I've learned my lesson.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #1682  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gang..

Just a quick check in between meetings.. I'm almost ashamed to say I was down almost 2 pounds today... I feel about about my success while Liz has been changing very little.. I know men lose faster than women and all that rot, but we've been doing the same things and she's been exercising a lot to get her metabolism up. It's almost as frustrating for me as it is for her..

Talk to you later!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #1683  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm not happy!!

Hello everyone,

As you all know I had a meeting with the Regional Manager today and I am not really pleased with the way things ended up. First of all the manager that has had me on the wrong plans a couple of times was still there and wouldn't even look at me. I don't want her to lose her job or anything, but I would like her to acknowledge that she screwed up. Secondly, the Regional manager took me through all of the steps of someone just starting, why? She didn't tell me to do FF thank goodness because there was no way I was purchasing anything from them at this point.

She told me that I was 23 lbs from goal and that since I had 5 weeks left she would match those weeks which will only give me 10, when at first she told me that she would give me my 15 weeks back. She gave me a song and dance about how I should be able to lose 20lbs in 10 weeks. NOT!! She claimed to have reviewed my charts and if that was the case she would see that I haven't lost 2lbs a week, since starting back in September. I didn't want to cause a scene, so I just said whatever. She tried to act all nice and say if you have a problem or anything please have them get a hold of me. She said that she is in that center at least once a week. I have never seen her in there but once and that was when they were doing an Open House. So needless to say, I am on Purple again, no lites. I do plan to give it my all and when the 10 weeks are done, I am done with that stupid COD!

Sorry to rant, but I just feel like I was snowblowed over! The meeting was a big waste of time.

I am going to be successful with them. You guys are a great support group and I wish that there was someway we could have our own Center and help people reach their goals with joy!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #1684  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ulanda- Dang, sorry your meeting sucked. I was really hoping that you would get the answers you needed. Great attitude though.

Liz- Okay girl, I am with you!

Dan- Great loss!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #1685  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Sy-it's good to have you back! I remember you when I first started-I also wonder whatever happened to Star, Ruby, and the other Julie/Jewels (the reason I use the username Juliemarie!) Do you keep in contact with any of them?

Dan-congrats! Don't feel bad about your loss-the fact that you're so supportive of Lizzy is help enough I'm sure. Besides-if she's exercising a lot-I be she's losing lots of inches. If she's still losing slowly in the next couple of weeks-have her ask to be measured.

Sorry Lizzy-I was talking to Dan and should of just addressed that to you! Keep it up-it'll happen!

Ulanda-I'm sorry the meeting didn't go over as you'd hoped. If you don't lose 20 in 10 weeks-demand more weeks!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #1686  
Let's try this again . .

Oh-and Sy-I'm glad you're not going to go by the name Josie! It might get confusing . . . If you haven't already checked out my website below-it'll clear up why it would be confusing (at least to me!).
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #1687  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Ulanda - sorry the meeting didn't go as you'd have liked. You probably deserved some a**-kissing in that situation, and really didn't get any. I too second that you have the correct attitude about it though.

Dan - congrats on your wl!

Liz-I exercised a lot the past few days and lost very little .. feelin' your pain there... could it be muscle? Have you lost inches?

Cassi - Your longer post from this morning was inspiring.. I copied it and emailed it to a friend of mine who is doing this plan on her own. And your baby steps post was great too.. Good words to remember!
Your other posts are all shotgun scattered all over the place.. I really wish you'd get your poop in a group..

Sy - Keep the great attitude.. you're gonna do great!

I threw my scale away when I went home for lunch. That felt good.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #1688  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Cassi -- Yay! Congratulations on making it to onederland!! I hope you're having something delicious tonight to celebrate your return from the challenge.

Kytravelbabe -- Hmmm..what about just declining any social stuff over the next couple of weekends to get yourself back on track. Kind of like a smoker having to avoid other smokers when she's trying to quit, you know? Or, if there's something you must not miss, just arrange to arrive after the food is done, or leave before it's brought out. For exercise, I'm pretty unmotivated myself, but I think I might pick up a cool yoga DVD to do on weekend mornings. I can't wait for spring when I can go bike riding or for longer walks.

Kim -- I'm glad you had a good weekend, and that your stomach issues were short lived. Poor you! I hate being sick like that.

Sy -- Good for you for recommitting. Welcome back!

Liz -- That must be frustrating, to be POP and still gaining. I hope the change in plan gives you a little boost.

Katie -- You too, I hope you soon start to reap your just rewards for being POP. I'm sure it's coming any day now.

Christie -- I'm a c-section mommy, I still have numb spots too.

Dan -- Congratulations on your loss!

Ulanda -- I'm sorry the meeting was a let down. If you're not satisfied, you can always take it back to the regional manager, or speak to a higher authority. Good luck on purple!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #1689  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Ulanda - Sorry the meeting wasn't great at the COD. You still have us!!!

Julie Marie- I just checked out your pics. Your daughter is absolutely darling. And I LOVE the room!!! I know you are excited!!!!

Sy - Great to meet you!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #1690  
Let's try this again . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug77 View Post
Julie Marie- I just checked out your pics. Your daughter is absolutely darling. And I LOVE the room!!! I know you are excited!!!!
Excited? You think?! Heck-I want everybody in the WORLD to share my joy!

The stress is starting to get to me though-I ended up taking the day off. I'm so exhausted and feel like i'm coming down with something even though I'm going to bed at like 9pm every night. Even Friday and Saturday nite. Ridiculous! There's been so much going on: getting ready, family things, work . . . . And i'm supposed to be focused on exercising and losing weight somewhere in there . . .I haven't had a lot of time to decompress. I have my baby shower this weekend and I'm determined that the following weekend be all mine to finish organizing the baby's room and the house in general.

Anyway-welcome to the group, Katiebug! You're a great addition.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #1691  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hello All
Well started teaching a new signing class this morning and then raced to another one, then on to WholeFoods where I'm doing a workshop and home to all of you!

Dan.. Enjoy every second of losing that two pounds.. women do take longer (one of the bitter unjustices of the world) but Liz will join us on her victory train.

Jason.. enjoy your treats but do be wary.. those little cheats will catch up and you've worked pretty hard.. my challenge is going to be Superbowl.. I enjoy my beer and wings but have to decide on a plan of action.. more work will go into my strategy than will for the Special Teams for the Bears!

The planets are sorting themselves out. I have been playing ping pong with my weight lately too. Was POP all weekend and up .8 yesterday.. so any time I get a loss these days some of it is from what I gained.. I am sticking to it!! It's my body dang it and it will start to listen to me at some point. I feel the exercise bug really calling so am going to commit to start exercising 5 days a week starting next Monday. Hopefully that will push the ticker along as staying POP hasn't done much. KYTravel and Katie and Liz.. I hear you and we will prevail!

Kimmie hope you are feeling better.. we missed you!!

Nicole sorry your family is leaving but hey then we get you back too!!

Joni.. glad you like the photo.. I'll throw up a new one for you sometime soon.. or better yet I should make them their own webshots page!

Cassi.. you are becoming a Momma Pearl...way to encourage and inspire!

Lea Ann, Katie, Evette, Lori, Katiebug, Heidi and everyone else.. hope you are all doing well..

On my last post I told you I was about to tell off the head office for COD? Ulanda.. take it one step further and call the head office .. I got an email back from the same lady who was sending me all kinds of quick curt replies to my former complaints about us being out of stock saying.. we are getting stock, more stock is coming. I forwarded all of her notes and a fire hot one of my to the owner of the LAWL in Ontario. I got back a profuse apology, an offer for 6 free weeks and a bit of eating crow

So hopefully my other Canucks will have stock in their CODs.. they know they are messing with me now!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #1692  
Kim - IP 9/10

Ulanda - sorry that you did not get all of the answers you were looking for at your meeting. To have been giving this your all and getting very little in return, and then not being totally satisfied with your meeting- they should have done a better job for you.

Dan - congrats on your loss! While it is frustrating to not be losing as fast as your spouse is , we are still happy for you! (right Liz?)

Liz - have no fear, the weight will come off, and the working out will make you LOOK a lot smaller.

Today I went to WI and the (yet again) new mananger took some time with me. We talked a lot, even though I started out the conversation with " I've been on this a long time - there really isn't a lot I need to talk about" - I'm down to about one pound/week average loss, and I told her my theories on that, and that some of it was due to me and my choices (vacations, etc.) and that I was OK. She then took my measurements and as she was flipping through my file she looked at me and said - "you work out?" oh, **** , snagged (I haven't told them...) I said yes and she said it was OK, but if I find that I'm hungry that they should look at changing my plan. Well, now that seems reasonable to me. Anyway, I've lost 17 inches - yay!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #1693  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Wendelina - I know, I'm so scatter brained today. And I'm glad you found some help in the post. I was just letting my mind wander (like it obviously has been doing a lot today) and I hope I didn't offend anyone. I don't want anyone to take the "not ready" comment as a sign of their personal weakness or failure, but just to really look at what's going on in their life because sometimes you just need to put the weight loss on hold.

Angie - Thanks! Actually, today is the last day of TO so I have to wait until tomorrow for good food. But I think we're making some chicken with a lemon pepper marinade. If there's any left over, I thought about making this: an individual casserole w/the lemon chicken, LA cream of chicken soup mix, 1/4c water and two cups of "country vegetable" medley and then topped w/5 crushed rf ritz crackers. OK... didn't really ask for a recipe did you? Just kinda got inspired while typing.

Ulanda - All I can say is sorry your COD sucks. I really hope purple plan gives you some results.

Kristen - That is one of the best compliments you could ever give!

Kim - It's always when we think they can't tell us anything that someone who has a clue shows up and helps. Congrats on the 17 inches!

OK... I got my poop in a group this time!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #1694  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Kim - It's always when we think they can't tell us anything that someone who has a clue shows up and helps. Congrats on the 17 inches!

OK... I got my poop in a group this time!

grouping is good!

Yeah, she was good, didn't try to snow me or ask "how can I help you?" (uh... wire my mouth shut?) she was just very real. I hadn't had measurements done since my 4th week, so this was a nice suprise. I was just happy that she was reasonable about the whole working out thing, since I am not hungry at all, I don't really want to change plans.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #1695  
Kim - IP 9/10

Kristen - You're teaching too much. You need to be here more, we miss you!

I'm with you on the planning for Superbowl. Ugh. DH and I decided we are not going anywhere, or having anyone over. There's been enough togetherness with both of our families lately. So, now I have to plan out what we will be having that's on plan, but still superbowl-worthy.