Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #1591  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Good Morning Everybody!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

to all the WL Losers lately!
and to everyone to stay POP!!

I had WI yesterday. The scale showed me down 2#, but that now puts me back to where I was pre-purple. (If I can only get to where I was pre-KIDS, I will be a really happy camper!!)

Have a GREAT day everyone!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #1592  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! Just checking in to say hi. Yesterday I was gone all day to a funeral. I tried to be POP, but the dinner afterwards was far from OP. Ham, rolls, funeral potatoes, (do you all eat funeral potatoes, or is this just a mormon funeral thing?), salad, and pumpkin pie. I was not horrible, but not the greatest either. The funeral was for my great aunt Sarah, she was 98! Anyways, I came home with a really ugly headache, almost felt like a migraine. I went to bed at 8:00 and DH took care of the kiddos. I feel better this morning. I think that we are going to get loaded up in the car and take a ride to West Yellowstone.

Debbie- Have a safe trip!

Sherry- Great loss chickie!

Carol- Great loss for you, as well, chickie!

Ulanda- Oooooh, red stilletos? Sounds sexy!

Jamie- 7 lbs? You rule! Good to see you around.

Angie- Minced worms? Hmmmm, yummy!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #1593  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Debbie - have a good week in Omaha and enjoy your workouts! Proud that you were able to pass by Taco *ell.

Carol - First, thanks for the hugs and wishes for Charlie. So what exercise did you finally find that you love to do? I feel like you do about falling behind this week on the posts; I'm going to try and catch up on all the news here. I purposely did not get the Sunday newspaper today so I could devote some time to catching up. If you all knew how much I loved my Sunday paper, you would realize how special this truly makes you...you now take priority!

Jamie - congrats on getting back on track and for a major loss last week. Hang in there. Your avatar is precious!

Jason - Take off / LA Express doesn't allow all the regular exchanges, so yes, all you get are meat and veggies. If you use the lite bars you get your 2 lites and then your protein ounces (or kg or whatever you folks use to measure) are limited. If you don't use the lites, then you get unlimited protein amounts. If you don't like cantalope (which is the case for me) you can also do the TO with oranges (4 oranges each day).

Barb - glad to see you back in the swing of things.

Angie - I'm sure glad I have eaten (and enjoyed) my Morningstar Griller veggie burgers before I saw your post. I'm not sure I would have even tried them after reading your description "equivallent of eating a wet paper bag. Actually, a wet paper bag with the consistency of minced worms." Do you have the Morningstar products in Canada? Congrats on a great loss.

Kristen - First, you deserve a "high five" on providing such a nutritious meal at your DD's birthday party. That, in and of itself, is a great gift to your kids. At first all I saw was you "wore a slinky" and I'm thinking...ouch, didn't that pinch you in all the wrong places! I guess you haven't posted the pics yet, but I'll look during the week. Can't believe you remembered that I'm the goof ball that likes the pony tails! Oh, oh, Juliemarie - remember this when posting picks of Josie!!

Okay - MIL just got up so I have to go visit. I only got to 4 PM Saturday.....

Nance - I agree with your post about not having to feel obligated to answer everything. Most times I really don't and when I don't I hope everyone knows not to take it personal!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #1594  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Jason - Take off / LA Express doesn't allow all the regular exchanges, so yes, all you get are meat and veggies. If you use the lite bars you get your 2 lites and then your protein ounces (or kg or whatever you folks use to measure) are limited. If you don't use the lites, then you get unlimited protein amounts. If you don't like cantalope (which is the case for me) you can also do the TO with oranges (4 oranges each day).
Thank you!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #1595  
LAWL since October, 2006

Good morning all

Kristen, I whole-heartedly agree with what Joni said about the nutritious birthday party! LOL about the slinky, Joni. Here are some more hugs for you and Charlie, too

Katie - Glad to hear you are feeling better today. I'm sorry to hear of your great aunt's passing. What an honor to live to 98. I can't say that I've ever had "funeral potatoes".. what are they exactly?

Sherry - don't you just wish you could snap your fingers and have that pre-kid weight back? I know I do. WTG on the 2# loss!

Debbie367 - Safe travels! Be good and have fun! We'll be looking for you when you get back.

Ulanda -Nice to see you, too Good for you staying under budget for DD's photos. I have a really hard time with that - I am such a photo person - I get sucked into buying more than I intended quite often. Are things getting any better for you LAWL- wise?

ChocLabLover - WTG on the losses!! I think you've told me before, but how old is your furbaby? (I'm assuming a chocolate Lab, lol) I have a yellow girl.

Jamie - 7#'s in 1 week?!?!??!?! That's amazing. (and inspiring to this fallen-off the wagon chick!) Congrats.

Barb - I'm glad to see that you have found it in yourself to recommit to the program. I have been struggling as well, well more than struggling - pretty much off plan for the last week. (I know what I need to do, but doing it is another thing completely.) These can just be bumps in our weight loss road unless we give up. I don't think either one of us really wants to give up - we just have to find that strength and drive (that may be hiding on us at the moment ) that we know we have.
Geez - I'm sure no Pearl!! LOL, but it comes from my heart.

Kristen - Can't wait to see the pics of the birthday party.

It is so beautiful and sunny here today - I will have to get out for a walk, for sure. Have a great Sunday, everyone.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #1596  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Rhonda- Funeral potatoes are a cassarole made with shredded potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onions, and cheese. I think I have eaten them at every single mormon funeral that I have ever attended.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #1597  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Kristen - way to go on the healthy birthday party!

Barb - Wonderful that you've recommitted! Don't be discourage by the "speed bumps"

Angie - I'm with you on the soy burgers.. I just can't do it. Give me soy anything else, but leave my meat alone!!

Sherry - Woo hoo for your 2# wl!

Joni - LOL.. slinky.. that would be pretty painful now wouldn't it?!! Thanks for that image.. I won't be able to get that out of my mind!

Nicole - read about your sister on the other thread-- how great that you've got your sister to lose with!

Katie-Yeah, those potatoes are common at every catholic funeral I've been to as well.. taste great, but loaded with no-nos!

The weekend has been loaded with temptations for me.. happy hour food on Friday night, and we had a Christmas Tree Burning party at our house last night.. I had snacks out for everyone and I only ate 10 Baked Cheetos, 1 lime tortilla chip with salsa and then ate veggies the rest of the night - followed by 1 glass of wine (thought of Dan drinking his wine!) Pretty good considering I'm usually eating chips all night and pounding vodka with the rest of the crazies by the campfire! Still had fun, but the more drunk people can really get on your nerves when you're not imbibing as well!!

Lemon water for today, and some heavy duty lounging until the baby naps.. then I'm hitting the treadmill.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #1598  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Okay between Christmas tree burning and Funeral potatoes.. we celebrate it all wrong in Canada!!

Hubby and I had babysitter come last night at 6:00 to go out for dinner.. went and had fajitas.. did have an extra tortilla but sometimes you just have to live.. will let the scale do what it may .. we were so tired from birthday party though we came home by 8:30.. babysitter almost fell over in shock as she'd just put the kids to bed and started to eat dinner and watch a movie.. told her we'd make it up to her by staying out longer for Superbowl!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #1599  
Jamie

S/C/G: 169.5/147.8/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Rhonda- Funeral potatoes are a cassarole made with shredded potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onions, and cheese. I think I have eaten them at every single mormon funeral that I have ever attended.
We make those potatoes but my family calls them party potatoes..We have them anytime x-mas, thanksgiving or if we just like it, well that how it use to be until I joined LAWL
momofbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #1600  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

<snort> We call them "the potato casserole" . . . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #1601  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Good evening everybody!

For the first time in days it is actually kinda quiet here today. I worked all day till 5 for OT, but with double time I managed to work 7.5 hours but get 12.5 so that is good. And I'll probably pick up a few more hours this week as it will be all double time now. I am trying to save every little bit I can. I have over 100 hours banked as it is.

I think I am going to try FF this week on thursday and friday. I have to look at the plan details as I have never done it. They wouldn't let me do it with the juice when I started but I am going to do it this time with the oranges. Thought I'd see what it does for me and maybe it will kick start me again.

Had dinner with mom tonight so I wasn't POP as she doesn't understand what kind of plan I am on so I just try to make the best of it and plan as best I can. I did ok so it shouldn't be that bad. But I did stop at the coffee shop this morning on the way to work. Couldn't help it...it was so cold that I just HAD to have it!!! LOL. I know I didn't but it really did taste good!!!

Well, I should go get a few things done before work for another week. I was going to color my hair tonight but I forgot to get the color and I don't have time anyway. I'll have to do that another night this week.

Have a good start to the week everyone!!!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #1602  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

BTW,,,,My avatar is my fur kid Chancey. In case anyone was wondering. I finally figured out how to do this. I am still getting used to the new computer and I have been playing with it a bit tonight. I will put Casey's picture up another time. She was my Jack Russell who we put down a year and a half ago. Then I will try to get a picture of Charlie. He is my Arabian gelding I have had for almost 21 years now. Pictures of me will have to wait until I won't damage a camera!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #1603  
FBD/8-18-08

Hey all! I guess with my schedule for right now, I'll have to jump in when I can and skip personals to EVERYONE and just comment to those I feel led to...
DH and I have come to realize that our new scale is not working correctly. Yesterday ours showed dh was up 3 pounds and he was down over a pound at WI. Then, today, ours showed he was up another 4... for me, I just get 4 different wts whenever I try... good grief. Guess I don't have to be addicted to it!!!
Gotta go take out the pup... kids are out with friends, dh is reading the paper.
I open tomorrow for the first time on my own. Working with ODS too.
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #1604  
LAWL Salt Police

Evening all.. Well.. I've got the cheeseburger and fries caserole in the oven as we speak.. Smells good so far.. i'm using hash browns instead of fries.. the Sodium content between the frozen fries and the frozen hashbrowns was substantial.. The HB's only had 20 mg, while the fries were something like 200..

Hope you all had a good weekend.. We might have overdone it a little last night at dinner with the starches (but only a little!!), but we didn't snack at all at the game, save for a couple of very small spoonfulls of the kiddos ice cream..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #1605  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

I think it is funny that we are all going over on something....okay maybe not when we WI....

I just had 10 pcs of fried okra.....couldn't resist.

I made blackened catfish and coleslaw, steamed some yellow squash it was all great but then I had to reach for 1 lil' okra....1 led to 10 and I am not going back in the kitchen until my DH has finished the okra!!!!
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote