Old 01-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #1651  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Kristen - I love the new picture!!!

Megan - sorry things aren't going so well at COD. I only like one of the girls at mine too!! The other two always have something negative to say, and it gets really old. Hang in there and keep coming here for support.

Dan - good luck with the mexican fare!!! It's my fave, so I have to be careful when going to those restaurants!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #1652  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning chickies and roosters! I have so much to read and catch up on, and work is really busy today so no time for personals, but I will read up to see what I've missed. I am on the last day of my 16 day challenge. WOO HOO! Went to COD yesterday and that scale FINALLY showed me at 199.6. I am waiting for it to be higher tomorrow. I think I need a full week of Onederland on the COD scale to really believe it.

I'm making my menu tonight for the rest of the week and I swear it will feel like Thanksgiving after 2 TOs and 2 weeks of slim fasts.

I'll check in soon. Have to go get my hot lemon water. It's cold here this morning!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #1653  

I am getting discouraged with myself...it is not because I am POP and not losing but due to cheating and not losing. It seems that every social function that comes up involves eating and drinking and I like to do both. I have lost the same 3 to 4 lbs since Christmas and I can't seem to get out of the cycle of POP Monday through Friday and then losing it over the weekend. I haven't been to COD in a week but they have changed employees so much I can't stand the thought of driving 30 minutes to see new faces with little experience. Enough whining...
I keep telling myself to start exercising but as of yet I have not started. I think I am looking for a fun exercise that I would like to do. I love to swim but no indoor pools in my town. I am thinking about an elliptical but I am not sure what kind to buy at a low $$$.
SOMEBODY...kick my in the butt and get me back in the LAWL swing of things. Thanks for being there....See ya soon...
kytravelbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #1654  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
I'm sending out lots of 'stay strong' vibes to get you through this superbowl weekend with as little damage to your weight loss as possible.
Luckily for me I have a hockey game on Sunday!

Dan and LottaMe..thanks for your advice. BTW, they were small slices of pizza...lol. I think you're right Dan about becoming complacent...I have the new attitude, "Ah, I lost over 20lbs, I can afford to cheat here and there!" I need to get away from that one for sure. LottaME...I have to agree, it's been a couple of weeks since I had any real losses...I'm pretty sure i can attibute this plateau as self induced cheating.

It was great when I was in the infantry...I could eat my face off and not have to worry because of our higher than normal activity level.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #1655  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Cassi - WOOHOO!!! The COD scale finally shows you in Onederland!!! How awesome!!! And you're right, after TO, going back on plan makes you feel like you are pigging out. Enjoy! Your hard work is really paying off.

Kytravelbabe- Hang in there girl, I think a lot of us have been struggling post holidays, losing the same 2 or 3 pounds. Keep at it and the scale will move in the right direction!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #1656  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kytravel

(Hey, you asked for it!)
Hope you can re-find your motivation. I know Cassi has made some great posts about this (as has Pearl). You need to really plan and pick your "cheats" carefully. Alcohol is a big downfall for me and if I drink I don't lose and I plateau for a long time. Is it really worth it in the end? No, but I keep doing it too. Try planning your menus for a full week, stick to it (for just ONE week) and see what happens. The results may please you and give you some new resolve.

Kristen - looks like you are one of the few that checks in on TBL threads. I really don't have the time but when I read some stuff today, I sort of got ticked about how Chellez (the gal running the thing) treated that gal, Bobbolink, to the point where I sent a PM to Bobbolink and we've engaged in some good dialog. (For those that have no idea what I am talking about, basically the moderator for this Biggest Loser challenge posted a pretty nasty msg to one of the contestants basically telling her to butt out of trying to keep up with the numbers and encourage folks to do a good job; it was really nasty and uncalled for).

Cassi - YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I hope you don't have any special events coming your way. Good luck on planning a "weight dropping" menu!!! So proud of you girl.

Pearl - when you can "SPARE" the time, let us know how you are doing. I was thinking about your stupid scale this morning and wondered if it had a battery in it that, perhaps, needs to be replaced. For as many times as I step on my scale (it's electronics) I figure it's going to give out sooner or later, too.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #1657  

KYTravel - Even at my COD the counselors are seeing a lot of people who are having a real hard time getting it back together since the holidays. I think the thing that worked for me when I started LAWL was that I recognized that I was in a very stressful job and that when the new year came, it just wasn't the time to start a new program, despite what everyone else was doing. I found a new job in February, gave my notice, I had to travel for a week to another state because my grandfather was sick (he died my first day of my new job), and had to do more traveling because of DD's gymnastic schedule. I told myself that in order to improve my whole self, I had to make some changes in my life. First I changed jobs. Once I was there a month, I joined LAWL. I got through a bunch of stress and then was able to concentrate on me. Later in the year I decided to improve myself further and I enrolled in culinary school. I start April 9th.

I know this is long, but what I'm trying to say is that just because it's January doesn't mean you're ready to get your head in the game. Sometimes weight loss has to wait. If you continuously have social obligations, you need to figure out a way to work them into your life. If you are having just a few weeks of them all at once, like a few weddings or something like that, then just do the best you can until they pass. There's a difference between a wedding, bar mitzvah, charity ball, and a BBQ with friends or a birthday party. You need to find your triggers at those events and work on the trigger instead of worrying about cheating.

Is it the alcohol? How about swapping it for club soda and a wedge of lime and offering to be the designated driver.

Is it the appetizers? Maybe you have only two bites of each one that you like, but only if it is something that you can't get everywhere you go.

The food that is served? Again, limit yourself to a tablespoon or two of a few good things and swig some lemon water. Just make sure that what you're indulging in isn't something you can get at a drive-thru or in the frozen section of your grocery store.

I know I'm rambling, but you need to decide if you are at a point in your life that you are able to make the changes needed. It doesn't mean you're a failure if you're not, it's just that sometimes if there is so much going on in your life at any given time, trying to add being POP is just setting yourself up for failure. If you're able to do this, but just have a hard time with some special events, don't be so hard on yourself and realize that just because you have a spinach puff doesn't mean you blew the whole day. One or two BLTs at a special event is still an NSV because think how much you would have had if you weren't on this plan. There's a fine line between having a little extra at an event and having BLTs all day in your kitchen. Save those BLTs for the really good stuff!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #1658  

Katiebug and Joni - THANK YOU! No special events planned yet, so hope all is good. I know I need to fight for these next few pounds to really lock in Onederland!

Joni - "When you can SPARE the time???" Hope your fur baby is going to be OK. I have missed so much so I just read your last post and I still haven't read the whole saga. But I'm so sorry you and Charlie have to go through this!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #1659  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone,
I am sneaking on here for a second, because I have missed you all over the last couple of days. Today is the last day my mom and sis will be here......and that sucks. I am so happy to see Joni posting away again. I so love your posts, and thanks for the laughs this morning. And CASSI...........so happy for you that you are back in ONEDERLAND!!! I think my stuckness is passing too, and I am sooo happy. I have been working hard, and it is starting to paying off. I will check the slimdown challenge thread later to see how I did. I didn't follow the slimdown challenge guidelines, really, but I worked and stayed POP. Ok, have to get back to my company. I will check back with ya'll soon!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #1660  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning guys! Well, after being POP my first day on TO, I weighed in this morning...drumroll please........UP a pound! I am so sick of being good and gaining, or being bad and gaining. WTF?

Dan- Holy cow, what a cool thing to win!

Joni- I tried to get involved on the blue teams chats, but no one ever responded to anything that I wrote, so I quit going in there. I guess there is no place like home. BTW, where exactly are the "Pig Police" located? I have this vision of the Ghostbusters theme song..."Who you gonna call? Pig Busters!"

Ky- Set some goals, post them on the fridge, get in the game!

Jason- Oooooh, you are pressing your luck. You better get your head in the game before those cheats catch up with you big time. PS, I am jealous. If I binged like that I would gain several pounds.

Cassie- So glad to see that you assumed your rightful place in onderland. Now think good thoughts, here we go, are you ready? "POP POP POP POP POP!!!"

Have a great day all!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #1661  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi friends!

Don't have time at the moment to read the zillion posts since I've been gone, but I wanted to check in and say hi!

NYC was fun, but frigid! Then when I came home I either had a stomach bug or food poisoning, because I was violently ill all day yesterday. On the mend now, thank god!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #1662  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Kim, great to see you! Sorry you have been sick, though. Hey, uh, you aren't contagious right, cause if I get the stomache flu......

Joni- I just checked out the Blue team chat, is Chellez unfamiliar with PM? How humiliating for Bobbie.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #1663  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Don't worry Katie, I've swabbed my keyboard and mouse with disinfectant!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #1664  

Hi everyone. Well, I bit the bullet and officially went back to LA and the COD. Today is my first day of FF. Started as if I was new to the program, new start, new chart. Iím ready for the challenge.

Iíve been a member of LA since April 2004, lost 40 lbs, got within 4.5 #s of my goal. Every couple of months, I gained a little more. Last year I gave up. I continued to go to LA and could never stick to the program for more than a couple days. I convinced myself that Ďthe planí just didnít work anymore. Iím now admitting that it wasnít the plan, it was me. True confessionsÖ I blamed it on peri-menopause, I blamed it on hormones being out of whack, I blamed it on the anti-depressants I was on for a few months, I even blamed my doctor for not giving me a magic potion to get me through the peri-menopause. I finally realized that I had no one left to blame but myself. Either Iím going to let this period of my life control me, or fight back. Iím a fighter. I kept telling myself that I could do this alone. I canít. I need the accountability of LA weigh-ins, and support from all of you. This weekend was the turning point Iíve been looking for, and it was right before my eyes. I just didnít see it, or wouldnít see it. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw myself for the first time. It was shocking to realize how Iíve been fooling myself. This weekend I saw that person that I saw in the mirror back 2004 - before I originally started LA. I've gained back 30 of the 40 lbs that I lost. I never got to 'maintenance' and it's obvious I didn't handle things as well as I thought I could.

It will take me a while to figure our whoís who. A couple caught my eye today and wanted to comment.

Katie: Good luck on the new startÖ

Kim: I know what you felt like when people were asking you about your weight loss, complimented you and followed with underlying insults. I donít understand why people just canít be happy for you. Congrats on them noticing (and being obviously jealous). You must look wonderful! I donít share my weight loss successes with most people. I hate all the questions once I admit that Iím doing a certain plan and the sabotage that goes along with it.

Cassie: You have wonderful advise. Thanks for sharing, and hopefully when Iím at a Super Bowl party this weekend, a few of your suggestions will help me through.

Well, gotta run. Skinny vibes to everyone!

Josie
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #1665  

Welcome back Sy!