Old 01-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #1562  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Yepper - 5 kids. 99% of the time, they're wonderful :-) heeee
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #1563  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gang... Sorry I missed all your posts today.. I was at "Bring your dad to school day" with my kiddos...

Had lots of fun,but had to skip lunch as I didn't have time this morning to make it and, well, what they were serving didn't exactly appeal to my diet..

We're going to a basketball game tomorrow night, so I may have to save a couple of starches so I won't feel so guilty if I have some popcorn.. Or maybe I can be good.. So hard to know until I get there..

Have a great night!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #1564  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Hi Gang,

Just back from my spa day. DH bought me a day of treatments at a really nice day spa for my birthday back in Oct. and I finally got to use it today. WOW! Once in a whiler it's nice to see how the other half live. I feel so pampered! Never would have indulged myself so luxuriously so I am treating it not only as my B'day present but as a little reward for being POP so far. They did this thing where they rubbed a seaweed paste all over my body then wrapped me up like a rump roast and let me cook for a while. Then they washed it all off with a 6 spigot shower thingy. A tad messy, but overall pretty soothing. Then I got a massage, facial and pedicure. It's like having a vacation without having to leave the state! Where do I sign up to be rich and famous so I can get that kind of treatment all the time! I was fortunate enough to be able to order a pretty healthy lunch - caesar salad with chicken and dressing on the side. I mananged to forgo the roll and butter but I have to admit that I let a couple of those tasty little croutons leap into my mouth - naughty me.

Kristen - Congrats on the WI. I knew it was just a temporary blip. You go girl!

Wendelina - Your brood is gorgeous!

JM - You look amazing. Love the new avatar. (One of these days I might just get a recent picture of me to post.)

Katie - Glad to hear you talked to the health dept. Never can be too safe. And, another loss. Excellent!

Joni - Sending out my good vibes to you and your furbaby. Please let us know how you are.

Cassi - Can I come stay with you in Florida? It is suppose to snow here in Denver again tomorrow. Ugh. I am sick of snow and cold.

Hi to everyone else. I am going to try to figure out how much food I have left for the day. Ahhhh, back to life....back to reality....

Libby
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #1565  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Guys!

Kristen- Great loss!

Okay, so the daycare mom who brought me that huge container of smores ice cream last week? Today she brought banana cream pie ice cream. Uggggh! I dished it out to the staff and the kids and took one bite. It was good, so but so not worth binging and ruining an otherwise POP day over.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #1566  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

OMG, I have to share this. This evening as I was doing my daily exercise routine, DH said you know you have been working really hard and I am sorry that you are frustrated. Of course he told me that I was beautiful just the way I am. He then said, if you can get to your goal of 145 lbs by the time you are done working for the summer with is June 13th, I believe..he said I will give you $500 to shop for new clothes! I told him how much that meant to me and that he had better start saving, because I will be happy to take his money. I know that I can lose the 25lbs, even with setbacks. This has given me extra motivation to find what works for me. He told me that if I get to goal before then, I can have the money at that time! WOOHOO!!

Cassi and JM, I just think it would be better to drop out of the challenge. I really don't feel like I am much support to the team. I know that we aren't getting money, but I don't feel like I am giving 100% with the frustration that I am dealing with. I never even hardly go to that thread and post. I don't feel the connection over there that I have here.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #1567  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone,

Well,another week over and I can tell ya I am glad work wise. I know I work in a call center but I take very few calls now as I work in back office working directly on customer accounts and setting the premises and such up in the computer system. But we are in danger of penalties with the phone service levels for January so I have had to be on the phone since wednesday and will be till this wednesday, the end of the month. I tell ya the day goes so much slower but most of the people I talked to were relatively friendly today. I was only told off once so that is a good day!!!

I was supposed to baby sit the fur baby tomorrow while the ex moved but he waited too long to book a truck and now he has to wait till sunday to move his furniture. I am working OT all day sunday (off phones!!!) so he has to take her with him. But I get a key to his new place so I can get in to see her whenever I want. So that is good.

It was bitter cold here today - even the car seemed to yell when I started it today!!! It was with the wind chill -30C. Normal for here this time of year, but I still hate it. I don't mind it being cold - just not that cold as I can't do anything outdoors. I have mild asthma and extreme heat and cold sets it off so I have to be careful.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I will touch base tomorrow sometime.

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #1568  
Barb on LAWL

Well, I think I will recommit Sunday. I am planning on the T/O Monday and Tuesday.

I am going to commit to a certain amount of excerise a week and I will commit to 5 days POP... Strive for 7 but aim for 5...... To be honest I will need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all and I dont have time for personals right now BUT YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #1569  
FBD/8-18-08

Barb - I think I hear the "old Barb" coming back!!! We'll be doing TO again next Thur and Fri at the end of our 16 slim down and I can tell you... I'm NOT looking forward to it!!!
Nicole - maybe instead of singing children's songs... you could try a game of Simon Says?
Cassi - Just wanted to say hi!
Joni - I'm still lifting ya up girlfriend!!! Let us know if you need us!!!!!

As for me, opened fine. No major problems. Got my keys, so now I'm official...
Feel great! GREAT!!!!! No more stomach problems, nausea, or pain in the gutt (if you will) I really think it was the lemon lites or just the lites in general... now I'm a little gun shy but I have eaten a carmel deluxe every Sunday morning for months... so I don't think it's those...
Gotta go retrieve my ODS from a youth event tonight and we're all getting up early for their bowling league in the a.m.
Hugs,
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #1570  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone....I can't believe how crazy the last few days have been. I don't have time to read through all the posts (I think I'm ten pages behind) but just wanted everyone to know that I've been busy with Charlie dog, vet visits, work, and free time has been spent doing a lot of my own research on Charlie. I spent all day today at the Univ of Georgia Vet Hospital in Athens, GA. My regular vet is excellent, but I was getting inpatient with the time it was taking to get back results so I went to the University. Right now Charlie is doing okay; he has high calcium levels and we have to find out what is causing this because if they stay high, eventually it would damage his kidneys, other organs and he'd be in doggie heaven way before his time. Several of the blood tests taken today take 7-10 days to get back. Those tests will tell us if he is hyperparathyroid (surgery would be needed to do a parathyroidectomy) or if he is hypercalcemic due to a malignancy. Once we get those results, we'll know our next steps. In the meantime, we just sit tight and enjoy life with man's best friend.

Barb - thanks for checking in; and Pearl, I saved your special msg in the notes I am keeping on Charlie's saga. I read it about ten times a day.

I'm too exhausted right now to read everything, but hope to make time tomorrow.

Oh, my weight is down, but it's purely from stress. I actually have to force myself to eat and odd as this sounds, when I have to force myself to eat, the only things that even appeal are healthy things like fruit, salad, water. The other thing I do when I'm stressed is some exercise because it really does help the mood. Okay, I'm going to bed.....night all!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #1571  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni.......thanks for checking in. I am not one bit suprised that you are doing your own research. I would too. Looking at all possibilities and options does not imply at all that you don't trust your vet........it just means you love your furbaby!!! We are all crossing our fingers for you and your family

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mom and sis. They should be rolling in in about an hour and a half. I really should get some sleep, but I can't sleep knowing they will be here soon. I am enjoying a nice cup of hot lemon water (yeah, I actually like it), and trying to be patient. I survived day two of my "emergency TO." I actually do FF, and I am wondering what I should do about my sis in the am. If she wants to start.....do you think it would be real bad for me to do one more day of FF? I eat plenty while doing it.....and I wouldn't really mind doing it.......I just don't want to abuse it.......you know. Ok, well, I will check in in the morning to see your words of wisdom. Good night, dear friends.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #1572  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

*sigh* I just typed out a long post with personals to everyone and I lost the whole thing!!

So I'll just say goodnight.. sugar free jello dreams everyone!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #1573  
LAWL since October, 2006

Hiya Chicks and Roosters

Boy, 10 pages to catch up on!! Y'all have been busy while I've been stuck at work with NO internet.
I'm gonna try for some personals, but please forgive me if some are outdated (I'm goin' back a bit!) or if I forget to mention you

Cassi - I love your photos (both you and your reno) I can definately see a difference in you since losing weight. You are so pretty! (and always were) Your new kitchen looks great, too.

Angie - I hope you and your family have recooperated from the nasty flu!

Candace - those chocolate strawberries look so yummy. I don't know if I dare make them, though!! (I agree with Nic - what a hot library lady!! LOL)

Katie - No wonder you've been feeling rough!! Black Mold!?! yuck. Poor girl. Hopefully you can get some treatment going so that you will feel better soon. It's great that DH can give you the acupuncture treatments.

Kristen - good luck with DD's birthday party tomorrow (Happy Birthday, sweetie!!) I love the "SlimFat" challenge... too funny.

Nicole - I am so with you about the whole eating before you get really hungry and staying satisfied. That is my biggest pitfall. I see that you were doing an "emergency TO", and am wondering how you are doing now. I think we started LAWL at about the same time, and are going through similar phases. The honeymoon really seems to be fading fast for me these last few days. I think I may have to copy you, and do a Emergency TO, too.
How nice to have your sister join you on this WL journey!! You will be such a great cheerleader and role model. She is lucky to have you to support her!

I really am perplexed as to why I would just go off plan and sabbotage my hard work. Especially when now, people are really starting to notice. I've had FIVE people in the last 2 days ask me how I am doing it, and a few more mention how great I'm looking. (geeez I'm embarrased to say that) On one hand I really like that people can notice now, but on the other hand, I'm really uncomfortable with the attention... you know??

Wendy II - I can really relate to the Starbucks challenge. I used to be a Starbucks junkie. It didn't help that one of my kids was in a commercial and they paid him with Starbucks certificates! Can you believe it?? a 12-year old kid with tons of $$ in starbucks cards??? Hmmm... I'm thinking maybe future shop/ Toys R Us....something like that would have been better for a kid - cuz now there are 2 starbucks addicts in my house. He used to always say...Mom if you drive, I'll buy...LOL Now if I DO get something from there, I order the kid-size steamed skim milk with SF Vanilla syrup. The kid size is exactly a dairy! It's funny to get a kid drink, and DS is getting an adult one.... oh well.

JM - I love your Picture!! You look GREAT!! You look so in shape. I'm excited for you - your first baby shower! Wish we could all be there

Dan - glad to see you survived the "bring your day to school" day That's great that you could go. Have fun at the basketball game.

Libby - How nice to spend a day at the spa. You deserved it. That is my ultimate favorite treat. I have some gift certificates from my birthday in October to use, too. I think I will do that soon.

Ulanda - WOW!! Now that is incentive!!!! What a nice DH.

Pearl - Glad the job is going well, and that you are feeling better tummy-wise. I haven't been around much - but I know that I miss seeing you post more. Have a great weekend and enjoy bowling

Joni - Thank you for the update on Charlie. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out to be something easy to treat. Hugs to you both.

Everyone else - have a POP weekend!!

Well my fellow losers, I am off to bed. Have a great weekend, all.
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 AM   #1574  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

wendy, ur girls are so beautiful! they photo albumn looks like ads for ambercrombie and fitch, or the gap...gorgeous babies!

goodmorning to everyone...we got snowed in again..., cant wait for summer....im not cut out for this weather...walking to the gym last night was a mission...the snow was blowing hurricane style, i dunno how i made it i kept getting blown off track...hehe...

anyway everyone enjoy ur day!!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:38 AM   #1575  
FBD/8-18-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
and Pearl, I saved your special msg in the notes I am keeping on Charlie's saga. I read it about ten times a day.
Joni - I now have the makeup that I just freshly applied running down my cheeks! I'm still praying for you and Charlie and I'm expecting a GREAT report!!! You made my day!

Blessings to all!
Gotta go to work...

Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote