Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #1501  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Pearl: You have such great words! You need to be a counselor! You would be so good at it. Congrats on your job. They realize what we already know! You are an awesome person and anyone would be blessed to have you in there lives!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #1502  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Barb- You gotta get obsessed about something else. Plain and simple. I got obsessed about clothes, makeup, and jewelry. Food addiction is as tough as any other addiction, sometimes tougher, I think, because when you stop smoking, you do not do it any more, period, but when you stop eating, well......you die! LOL Seriously though, look for some hobbies, stuff to keep your brain busy. I like to play games on my cell phone, dink around on the computer (obviously), talk on the phone, etc.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #1503  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie....the words you choose so often crack me up. "dink" around on the computer.....priceless
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #1504  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Barb-I know what you mean about obsessed. When I start to get a craving-the craving sometimes gets so big that it's like it controls me . . . .

The other night-I was really hungry and in a weak moment. I stopped at a convenience store on the way to my car from the bus station and had a passing thought about potato chips and diet coke. I got a couple small bottles of diet coke and then went to look at the chips. I was arguing with myself in my head and I'm angry and i know I'll regret it-yet I grab a can of Pringles. Pay for it. Still pissed off. Why is it worth it? I dunno . .. anyway-I go to my car and set my stuff on the ground while I dug for my keys in my purse. One of the bottles of diet coke rolled out of the bag-and I'm thinking-great-now it'll explode on me . . .

get home-go for the Pringles. They aren't there. Apparently they had also fallen out of the bag and had rolled under the car. I started laughing. God is good-gave me a way out. Also-when I backed out-I remember that i thought I had nicked the curb-must've been the chips.

Sure enough-the next morning where I always park-there's the crushed tin of pringles . . . .My obsession was curbed by the absurdity of the situation. But i would've eaten them if they were there. . . .

Katie-thanks for the heads-up on the bumper. I had no clue. I have no clue about a lot of things I went immediately to take it off my registry. . .

Darn Pringles!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #1505  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Warning – some of these comments are based on posts from this morning. Man, I just can’t leave the house and stay caught up here!!!

Nicole – I’m so glad you shared your recommitment with us. One of my biggest fears is becoming complacent and I have only been on the program 2 weeks!!! It is so easy to get comfortable with some success and let the rest slide. I think your plan is excellent and we will be here 100% of the way to encourage you! Also, I think your idea of a LAWL care package for your sister is a fantastic and generous idea!!!! I would have loved something like that. How about adding the cookbook to the pkg?

Cassi – I have the same face thing. It doesn’t matter how thin I am, even at 140 I have a round face. I get compared to Renee Zellweger a lot. She is sooo thin (I’ve never been that thin) but she has the round Swedish face. I’ve decided that when I hit my goal weight, my reward to myself is going to be a chin lipo/lift and a boob lift (I know, TMI) But I can still see huge changes in your pictures! You’re doing great! I am really impressed, Chickie. p.s. I love the idea of sage green walls in your kitchen – my favorite color.

Evette – Everyone says those last 5-10 lbs. are the hardest. I just can’t wait to get to the point to test out that theory!!. You look so amazing. Try to be kind to yourself. You have shown such determination so far I am positive you will reach your goals.

Katie – Black mold is VERY dangerous. It can cause very, very serious illness – especially in children and the elderly. PLEASE be careful! Potential unemployment might be worth it if the health dept. were to find the levels high enough. Whatever you do, take care of your health. I sincerely want you to be OK.

Kim – That casserole sounds scrumptious! I will definitely have to try that recipe out. I love the sound of your modifications. Mmmmmm.

Wendelina – Girlfriend! I can’t help you with the coffee thing – my jones is Diet Pepsi. But I thought hungry-girl.com had some faux Starbucks recipes you could try. If you really want to kick the habit, I say just give yourself a couple more weeks. My theory is the longer you abstain, the easier it gets. OK, that might be flawed when it comes to food now that I think of it….Anyway, about the extra energy, I think it will just keep getting better. You are detoxing from all those things that made you sluggish and you’re just starting to get a taste of a healthy, happy bod. Boy, in no time you’ll be wanting to run marathons!

Jenn – Hope you survived the buffet! You are a much stronger soul than I.

JM – Love the Pringles story. I get those same urges. I’m usually not save by crushing them under the tires of my car though. Old habits are hard to break.

Kristen – Thanks for the discussion with the space lab. I am hoping they realign those planets toot-sweet! See below for the gory details.

So, I had my weigh in this morning and NOTHING! I was the same as Tuesday. Maybe I got spoiled by losing 8.2 lbs. in the first 2 weeks and this is just a temporary slow down but it was a little jarring to have NOTHING. Not even an ounce! WTF! I have been POP since the day I started this plan so I guess I was just hoping for this steady loss. Maybe I am finally being impacted be the misalignment of the planets that got everyone else. But, I will NOT be deterred. Now I am just pissed. I plan to win this fight this time.

Hope everyone else is having a POP day and that the scales are kinder to you this week!

Libby
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #1506  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Libby- Don't worry, your next WI will probably be great. Look at how close you are to onederland!

JM- TOOOO funny about the chips. You, too, are soooo close to onederland. I cannot wait to see you get there!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #1507  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening!!

Nicole I can totally relate to the issue you are dealing with. I too have become complacent and even though the last month or two I would love to never relive again I know I can do better. So.......tomorrow morning good or bad I go to COD and get weighed in and I start again. I write everything down again, and weigh and measure everything that goes even near my mouth. I have even posted another weight loss tracker as I set a month goal of 10 lbs. It shows as 11 on there as it rounded up the decimal points!! This I KNOW I can do as long as I stay committed and keep coming here. I have little support here so I have to rely on you girls and guys!!!

I even finally brought home my big bag of frozen fruit from the house so now I have it to pack each day for my lunches at work.

I feel better knowing I have re-committed myself to this again. No more cheats and trust me the pocket book will appreciate it as well - even if Tim Horton's won't LOL!!! My daily stop there has just been reduced to 2x per week and one of those will just be for tea. My best friend has committed herself too but lately I don't see her as much as she is really busy right now. But I know she is there if I need her.

Well, I just wanted to share my revelation and I promise that dang scale is going to move in the right direction again!!! I have a $200 gift certificate to use for clothes that I refuse to use until I hit at least 225 as I want to be down another size and then I will only use half and save the other half for after the next goal. It is on the fridge where I can see it everyday.

Gotta go as Grey's is starting and then CSI!!! Thursday is my only night I really want my TV!!

TTYL,

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #1508  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--again--I finally got to see your photos, too (dang school Websense!). YOU look TERRIFIC--your smile is infectious!! The kitchen looks great! I have black granite, too. I didn't get to choose it but I love it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #1509  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Alannah----Keep at it!!!---one ounce at a time, it seems sometime...

Libby---yes 8.2 was a bunch,,,maybe the body is just slowing sown a bit..

JM----that chip thing is a hoot!!!

Katie....I am obsessed with trying to keep up with all the personals
DO you still have the Vegas goal going...DO you play poker????

Barb---You can do this...obsess about how great you will look at goal!!!

Quick update...I went to the Italian dinner last nite...had a ball--- tried not to eat everything....DH danced with the flamenco dancer...it was cute....boy she looked great!!!!! But so did I ..hee hee..nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1510  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Well, had WI today, and I'm up, AGAIN!! I refuse to move my ticker until Saturday though. I was bumped back to red, since I WAS losing until they moved me to purple, so we shall see. Gotta run & study!

to everybody!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #1511  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
The other night-I was really hungry and in a weak moment. I stopped at a convenience store on the way to my car from the bus station and had a passing thought about potato chips and diet coke. I got a couple small bottles of diet coke and then went to look at the chips. I was arguing with myself in my head and I'm angry and i know I'll regret it-yet I grab a can of Pringles. Pay for it. Still pissed off. Why is it worth it? I dunno . .. anyway-I go to my car and set my stuff on the ground while I dug for my keys in my purse. One of the bottles of diet coke rolled out of the bag-and I'm thinking-great-now it'll explode on me . . .

get home-go for the Pringles. They aren't there. Apparently they had also fallen out of the bag and had rolled under the car. I started laughing. God is good-gave me a way out. Also-when I backed out-I remember that i thought I had nicked the curb-must've been the chips.

Sure enough-the next morning where I always park-there's the crushed tin of pringles . . . .My obsession was curbed by the absurdity of the situation. But i would've eaten them if they were there. . . .

Katie-thanks for the heads-up on the bumper. I had no clue. I have no clue about a lot of things I went immediately to take it off my registry. . .

Darn Pringles!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #1512  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh man.. Talk about Cosmic Pringle Karma... It's like the other day, when I was P.O'ed about gaining for no reason, I strolled over to the vending machines with all intentions to get a little bag of Chex Mix... Well, for some reason, the vending machine was devoid of anything that could be considered a chip or cracker.. The only thing left were some M & M's.. Not having a sweet tooth, they held no charms for me..

So it's as if something in me is willing the vending guy to not come to our building.. BEHOLD THE POWERS OF THE FORCE, BABY!!!!

Just got back from QuickGym.. Tonight kicked my a** even more than Tuesday..

Validation about this diet plan: My BMI read that have a lot of Lean Body Mass and not THAT much excess to get rid of.. It also said that my target weight was dead on with my LAWL goal.. So - Bonus!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #1513  
FBD/8-18-08

Nicole and Katie - Thanks for missing me! The bowling alley does have internet but the 'puter has a sign: "if you're caught using this computer for internet use either on the clock or off, you will be fired on the spot". Needless to say, I wait until I get home...

Barb - see my post on your thread -

We're still doing the 16 day slim down... it's working great for dh, but alas, I'm still not checking the scale so I'm not sure about me.

I have been having a strange symptom... my stomach just above my belly button hurts when you push on it. (I know, don't push on it! but it's the landing pad for Digger, my pup!) Today, I've had waives of momentary nausea with it. Seemed to get worse after I ate my morning LAWL bar. Now I'm wondering if I'm having a reaction to them. I never really at them 2x/day consistently until I started working and that seems to be when the pain started! So, what do you long timers think?!?
Anyway, the job is great! Get my first paycheck tomorrow with my raise!
I'm opening as a manager on Monday for the first time so I'm excited about that.
Oh yeah, my church is "honoring" me as "Servant of the month" for February on the 4th. It's a big deal (sort of) they call you up in front (as if I'm not up there enough all ready!) and they read a letter regarding your service to the church and the Lord, and then they give you a gift certificate to Applebees or somewhere. So, I'm excited about that too!
Oh well, gotta go. I've got some stuff to get done. I'm "pretend opening" in the a.m. to get me used to counting the safe and all the other stuff I have to do like turning on equipment, lights, etc.
Anyway, hugs and I really miss you guys too!!!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #1514  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Pearl - Maybe you're pregnant.

We really do miss you when you are at work!
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #1515  
LAWL since 9/06

Well I had my WI today and am down .4 oz. Almost back to 184.2. Then I hope to get into the 170's soon. Little by little I guess. Curves is going very well. I haven't had any fainting feelings afterward.

Well better get going. hi to everyone and sorry can't write longer. Son has some homework to do then bed time. Talk to all later.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote