Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #1456  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Everyone!
Cassi.. I'm not sure what's looking more gorgeous.. you or the kitchen! Hmm.. has to be you! I've decided to move so I'll live somewhere warmer, my DD can meet your son, her future husband and you I can put your kitchen to use opening an LAWL catering business! I took my chef courses years ago so you and I can set the dieting world on fire!
I'm finally down from my SlimFAT challenge.. being the one person in the world that can gain weight on the stuff. I've called the space centre and told them to realign the planets as something was out of whack in the atmosphere that affected all of our weights!
My ticker is moving slow in my VD challenge but dang it I'm going to push that thing to the right if I need to myself. Going to try for the eliptical machine today after the girls go to bed and get the metabolism restarted.. I think it's hibernating.
Evette.. I nominate you for cutest avatar of the month!
Joni hope furbaby and his momma are okay
Ulanda.. stay STRONG!
Barb go read my post in the I SUCK thread.. should give you a laugh.
Kim I'm sorry but you can't go away for that long.. I'll miss your posts too much so please tell the family I insisted you cancel.. I'll write you a note
Nicole.. your ticker looks superb so don't be frustrated.. we'll get you there.. you are too fabulous to fail!

Love you all!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #1457  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--just my 2 cents--I think you should call the Health Department. For YOUR health and the health of those kids--as a parent I would not be too happy to find that something could have been done to prevent my child from getting sick. I understand the fear of loss of employment--I really do--but think about if your own kids went there. Sorry to play devil's advocate but I think it should be tested.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #1458  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katiebug – Can’t wait to see the engagement pictures!

Kim (and all others who commented) – Thanks for the compliments on the kitchen. We still have to tile the backsplash and paint. I’m thinking of a sage green for the walls. Can’t wait until it’s ALL done, but I’m having a hard time finding time to do anything. And culinary school starts April 9th!

Katie – Maybe a “concerned parent” can make the call??? Can it be anonymous?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #1459  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

Nicole - Recomitting is a good thing! Kim is right, though.. you shouldn't compare your wl with others. You've gotta be you! You go, girl.. show that ticker who's boss!

Cassi - I have the same complaint about the jaw line thing.. I always seem to have a double chin -- and I did even when I only weighed 130! I don't like to smile in pictures because it makes my face look wider. Alas!!

Evette - You're gonna look HOT in NY no matter what.

Megan - The Mirena IUD is different than mine -- no hormones in the one I have. I'm sure that's why your bod is all out of whack.

Kristen - Love your comment about calling the space center. It was nice of you to think of the rest of us by calling them. hee!

Dan - I'm going to use fresh hash browns for the Cheeseburger & Fries recipe -- I like to be in control of my food whenever possible. (Can't you just see little potatoes running around in bondage outfits now??)

Today my challenge is Starbucks. I work right next door to one, and I haven't had one in two weeks. I love coffee... coffee was my life. Pour some chocolate in it, cover it in whipped cream and I'm in heaven. When I tell my dh I love him more than coffee, he knows I mean it. Yeah.. so I can smell it and I probably could go over and have a skinny, decaf sugar free latte of some sort.. but I really want to just kick the craving. Any ideas?

Here's my other deep thought for the morning.. Before I started LAWL, I was a complete slug. I didn't like doing anything that involved too much movement.. so now I've been on it a few weeks, and I feel SOOOOOOOooo good.. I want to do stuff and I have all this energy I didn't have before.. so my question is.. does this part wear off? Does the energy level go away? I'm worried I'm going to go back to feeling like a slug again.

Water is calling my name... my bottle is empty!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #1460  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

WendyII - Thanks for the jawline comment. Misery loves company so I'm glad someone actually has the same issue as me! Don't have any suggestions on the coffee thing other than to start the day with a mug or two of hot lemon water. I've been doing that for awhile now and I don't have coffee anymore. However, I wasn't a coffee fiend like you, either. As for the energy thing, I've noticed that I do get a little tired now and then when I am lacking on sleep, but in general the energy just keeps on going. I go to sleep around 10:30 and get up at 5:00 a.m. On Saturday and Sunday when DH and the kids are sleeping, I still am up between 6:30-7:30. I just don't need as much sleep anymore, and I do have energy to do stuff throughout the day now.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #1461  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Wendelina and Kristen: Thanks for the compliments gals, you're looking great yourselves!

Katie: Thanks for the encouragement also..You're too cute.

Everyone is looking gorgeous, loving the LAWL losers here!

Last edited by winkie03; 01-25-2007 at 11:52 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #1462  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lea Ann- Actually, my kids do go there. You are right, something has to be done. I am friends with the Health Inspector, so I think that she would be willing tell the owner that it was just a routine test or something. I am gonna go see her this morning when I get to work.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #1463  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Trying to be upbeat since I still feel like crap. Both DH and I are pretty sick, and I was still running a fever this morning. Not sure if this is the flu or what. Didn't take a sick day today but I am working at home. I'm glad I have that flexibility in my job since they majorly cut the number of sick days we have this year. I'm also pretty sure I won't be OP again today, but I haven't felt like eating much of anything, so it shouldn't hurt me too much. In fact, I was able to move my Valentine's challenge ticket down another 1.5 lbs this morning. Hopefully, I won't gain it all back again when I start eating normally. I'm supposed to go for my WI today, but I'm sure they'd rather I not drag myself in there and cough and sneeze all over them.

Cassie and WendyII - I have the same issue with the double chin thing. No matter how thin I am, it seems to be there. And, my chubby cheeks, too!!

WendyII - I'm a Starbucks addict myself. In fact, I only like "froo froo" coffee, as I call it. I've been dying to have a Cafe Mocha. I usually get it skinny with no whipped cream, but I don't know if they make the Mocha in a sugar free version or not. Probably not. :-(

I'm gonna have to try this Cheeseburger and Fries casserole I keep reading about. Sounds yummy. I make some similar called "Teenager Delight" but it has Tater Tots and French's Fried Onions in it. I'm sure the onions are a no, no now.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #1464  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--that sounds like a great plan--maybe it's clean but at least you will know. Downside of being a teacher--you think ALL children are your own!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #1465  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

Mornin all, well what's left of the morning...
I just thought I'd say hey and good luck and let's have a WONDERFUL POP DAY TODAY!!!
I did go to WI last night and was down 1 lb from last Friday. Still not getting anywhere too fast, but I'll take that rather than a gain. Especially since I was sick all weekend and eating chicken vegetable soup...

Nicole, I did ask about the FF/SF Butterscotch pudding though, and if it's made with skim milk, 1/2 cup counts as 1/2 dairy!!!! Woohoo!! My Counselor said it's a great way to get in your dairy for the day and doesn't have any ill affects on ya either!!
Anywho, a group of us are headed out to Pizza Hut for their lunch buffet. Why oh why do I end up at buffets so much???!!! But I PROMISE TO BEHAVE MYSELF THERE!!
I'm bringing my FF salad dressing cuz they don't have any, and I don't care what anyone says!! So, i'm gonna have a huge salad and then only 2 pieces of pizza. It's just those dang cinnamon sticks that get me!! GRRRR!
Well, I'll check in later and let ya'll know how I do. Pray for me!! hehe
Ciao chickies and roosters!

GO BEARS!!!
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #1466  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Isn't that the truth, Lea Ann. I am one of those mom's that worry about all the neighbor kids too. And when I did home daycare, I really felt like the darn kids were part mine. DH tells me I worry too much, but it's not just worry. I somehow feel responsible for any child I am around, if there are no other adults looking out for them at the time.

So I have such good news......and I am so excited. My Sister is going to join me on this weightloss journey!!!!!!!!! We did atkins together a few years ago, and she totally kicked some a**!!! I am hoping she joins us on this forum.......she will be a total asset to us.......she is sooooooo witty and fun. Anyway........she is comming here this weekend for her birthday. I asked her what kind of stuff she wanted to eat when she was here.....and that is when she told me she was going to start LAWLing with me!!! WHHOOOHOOOOO!!!! I asked her what day she wanted to start, and she wants to start right away Saturday morning!!!! This tells me she is totally ready!!!! When I inquired what she wanted to do about birthday cake........she wasn't too worried. I told her I could make her a LAWL friendly cake, and she was all over it. I am sooo happy for her. It is such a liberating decision to make........I know I was on cloud nine when I knew I was ready and was gonna "bite the bullet." I was scared, but just bursting with hope!!! What a great gift she is giving herself!!! I'm so proud of her already!!!!

So, do you think it would be appropriate for me to make her a little LAWL friendly care package for her birthday? I already bought her a necklace and a vacuum (she ASKED for one...LOL), but I was thinking, 'wouldn't it have been sooo helpful to have all the little tricks of the trade my first week?' Or, do you think I should keep my nose out of it, and let her figure out for herself what things are helpful? I REALLY want to make her the care package.....you know, with a pack of water, RF salad dressing, olive oil spray, lite salt, SF jello, SF gum, etc. I cannot buy her any perishables, as she has to travel 360 miles back home.......but I could pick up some things. What do you guys think? And, do you have any suggestions for what I could include in the care package????

Ok, baby boy NEEDS his nap now.......I will be back soon. XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #1467  
LAWL Salt Police

I say go for it! I think it's a great idea and will give her an idea of things that she can use... Just think of yourself as an adjunct counselor (but without the need to push product!)...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #1468  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Is she doing LAWL thru a COD, or is she going to follow your plan. The only reason I ask, is maybe you could include a gift certificate for a box of lites, or pick out your favorite flavor and include that.

What a nice big/little sister you are!!

Last edited by cevert; 01-25-2007 at 01:19 PM.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #1469  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

She is not planning of going to the COD. I do have to find out if she wants to use bars though, cuz I will definitely get her some type of bars if she wants them. She is my little sister.......and my best friend Thanks, Candice. How are you doing? Has your funk passed yet? Mine is going away today. I had decided last night that I was done messing around with my plan, and then when I found out my sis is going to start, I got REALLY psyched about this all over again. I guess I should thank HER, cuz she is going to be helping me A LOT!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #1470  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Afternoon all,

Hope you are all having an OP day! I am in between today for the first time in a long time. Not that I have eaten something bad, I just don't really have an appetite today.

I cancelled my appointment with the COD for Saturday, since I am suppose to meet with the District or Regional manager on next Tuesday. I am hoping for the best, but I don't really know what to expect from those people anymore.

Cassi, your pictures of both you and the kitchen are great! I really would like to redo my kitchen, but it's not in the budget right now. Just as everyone else has said, you can tell the difference in your before and now appearance. Keep up the good work.

Evette, you will get there, look how far you have come.

Krispie, Thank you I am hanging in there. Extremely frustrated at this point, but I have made up my mind that I am worth it! I just have to keep telling myself that. I can already envision myself in super cute sundresses this summer and extremely cute butt jeans. So discouraged, I may be...I will stay on this journey.

Nicole, How great to have a partner in this journey. I put my older sister on the Micheal Thurmond's Six week body makeover about 2 1/2 years ago and she kicked butt. She lost about 30 lbs and has been able to keep it off. I was a different body type than she was and found it extremely difficult to stick with the plan. So I came back to LAWL, but I have not been a success just yet!

Repo girl, Please call the Health Department to get something done. I would have for anyone to end up with problems.

Have a great day all!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote