Old 04-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

IP-P1

B - crispy cereal, coffee w/ ff milk & splenda
L - tomato/basil "bread," salad
S - PB Bar
D - turkey burgers, broccoli
S - raspberry jelly (if needed or will save for tomorrow)
Old 04-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #348  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi IPeeps! You are all very inspiring.

I have been on IP before and it was the only thing that got me to stop binging - the no sugar/low carb aspect of it, I'm sure, but also ensuring nourishment even though I am eating far fewer calories than I was when off plan. I'm back ON plan!

Phase 1, alternative products
B - 0.5 c. baked chayote with cinnamon (YUM!), pancake packet
L - Avgolemono soup (WLS chicken cream soup packet, egg, lemon, 1.5 c. cauli-rice). WLS is lower in protein than most IP/alt products (12 g) so I count the egg as bringing it up to the high end of acceptable (18g). I do NOT like that chicken creme soup and will be glad when I finish my other two packets. Luckily this recipe is quite forgiving; the lemon covers up a lot of flaws in the soup flavor!
S - Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest bar
D - Veggie meatballs (enough to make the protein requirement) on 1.5 c. zucchini noodles sauteed in olive oil with 0.5 cup NSA marinara sauce. Free salad.
water, vitamins, unsweetened tea...

Note: I don't know most of the brand names of my packets as I recycled all the original boxes and most packets aren't labeled well, but they are all from Nashua and are a combination of Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Weight Loss Systems.
Also I am also mostly vegetarian so I make a lot of veggie substitutions for the whole proteins

Last edited by EmmaD; 04-30-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #349  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post

I have been on IP before and it was the only thing that got me to stop binging - the no sugar/low carb aspect of it, I'm sure, but also ensuring nourishment even though I am eating far fewer calories than I was when off plan. I'm back ON plan!

L - Avgolemono soup (WLS chicken cream soup packet, egg, lemon, 1.5 c. cauli-rice). WLS is lower in protein than most IP/alt products (12 g) so I count the egg as bringing it up to the high end of acceptable (18g). I do NOT like that chicken creme soup and will be glad when I finish my other two packets. Luckily this recipe is quite forgiving; the lemon covers up a lot of flaws in the soup flavor!
D - Veggie meatballs (enough to make the protein requirement) on 1.5 c. zucchini noodles sauteed in olive oil with 0.5 cup NSA marinara sauce. Free salad.

Note: I don't know most of the brand names of my packets as I recycled all the original boxes and most packets aren't labeled well, but they are all from Nashua and are a combination of Proti-Thin, ProtiDiet and Weight Loss Systems.
Also I am also mostly vegetarian so I make a lot of veggie substitutions for the whole proteins
I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest bars. I have only tried a few but this is one that didn't need to be microwaved to make it taste better for me. It is great as this is what I consume while golfing as I need the energy.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #350  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

B: coffee & Cappuccino
L: BBQ crisps, 2 c broccoli & cauliflower mix steamed, salt & oil
D: 8 oz ground beef browned with chili powder/garlic powder, 1/2 c onion, 1/2 c celery, on lettuce & 1 c orange peppers
S: Chocolate RTE pudding
Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #351  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Phase 2, Last day of Phase 2 for vacation phase down

B: IP Cappuccino drink, coffee
L: Chicken and vegetable soup leftovers
S: IP BBQ crisps
D: Steak and vegetables
Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

IP - P1

B: chocolate drink mix blended w/ coffee
L: SW cheese curls, salad
D: pork chops (crockpot), cabbage slaw
S: dark choc pudding
Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #353  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

P1RebootMonth4 (down 27lbs, 26 to go)
B - C&C
L - IP veg chili w/2C steamed cauli rice
D - Taco-less fish tacos
S - IP crispy cereal
Old 05-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #354  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

B - omelet with 0.5 cup broccoli & zucchini
L - mexican salad bowl with tofu (out - I checked the ingredients; will count tofu as dinner protein), just lettuce and tomatillo salsa really, so ~0.5c occasional veggie, "free" lettuce
S - smoothie made with coffee flavored RTD and 1 cup spinach
D - Proti-something chili packet with 1 c mushrooms and 1 c peppers added.
Free cucumber salad. 1 cup roasted Brussels sprouts.
water, vitamins, unsweetened teas

I just realized mushrooms are "free" now. That opens up some options! I added the Brussels sprouts, which brings my total up to 1.5 cups occasional ... so I'm at 2 cups occasional veggies for the week so far
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 221/0/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post

How do you cook the chayote? I purchased some but I don't know how to cook it. Also, what is the best tasting alternative pancake mix you have used. I am using IP products, but I have not purchased their pancake mix because folks were saying it did not taste good. I am also wanting to incorporate some alternatives, so that I don't get bored.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #356  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

IPP1with some alternativesW15D100!!
B Proti diet Blueberry pancake
L mixed lettuces with .5 c red bell pepper, .5 c raw broccoli, 1 boiled egg, Healthwise Salt and Vinegar Crisps
D 6oz Broiled Swaii, 2 c rutabaga fries, 2 T homemade catsup
S Fudgesicle made from IP dk ch pudding and Syntrax chocolate truffle (will post recipe if it is as good as I am hoping it is)
Old 05-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #357  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

P1

B: Isopure Toasted Coconut protein powder pancake with 1 egg with WF Chocolate Syrup 1 tsp Kerrygold butter
L: 2 eggs with lettuce, cucumber and celery (veg allowed for dinner)
D: 8oz ground turkey 1/2c boiled cabbage 1/2c mushrooms 1/2c red onion 1/2c red peppers garlic pepper and chili powder (meatballs!!!!!) 2c broccoli
S: Bodytech Chocolate Mint protein powder

Last edited by Briael; 05-02-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #358  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingras View Post
How do you cook the chayote? I purchased some but I don't know how to cook it. Also, what is the best tasting alternative pancake mix you have used. I am using IP products, but I have not purchased their pancake mix because folks were saying it did not taste good. I am also wanting to incorporate some alternatives, so that I don't get bored.
I found out about chayote on this forum ... Rainbow Smiles' recipe thread had it, I used this recipe but I didn't have the same Torani syrups as she does. Basically I peel it (Be careful! she mentions that it is slippery but still I slipped with the peeler and cut myself), remove seed, slice it. I add lemon juice (for that apple-y sourness) and a LOT of cinnamon. Microwave around 6-7 minutes. Add Walden Farms pancake syrup.

I like the Nashua brand (Healthsmart) for pancakes. I almost always add cinnamon to them and usually either cauliflower or shredded zucchini (microwaved first so it's not too crunchy) then use the WF pancake syrup, which is one of the few WF products that I have found to be edible. I looked through my notes - I have tried the ProtiDiet pancakes and found them to be ok, but really sweet. Good luck finding new things to try. This thread and the Alternatives threads are SO useful
Old 05-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #359  
IP Start 5/13/15

S/C/G: 165.6 / 157.8 / 125

Height: 5'4"

B: IP Chocolate Shake
S: 1 cup Raw Zucchini Slices
L: 4 oz Beef & 1 cup Veggies made into a "stew"
S: IP PB Crunch Bar
S: 1 cup Raw Zucchini Slices
D: 4 oz Beef & 1 cup Veggies "stew"
S: IP Chocolate Shake
S: 2 cups Steamed Broccoli
Old 05-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Frawnie - day 100! Congrats

Agree that this is a great thread to gather ideas

B - Proti-Thin caramel cafe pudding, 1oz smoked sockeye salmon (treat for my co-workers), black coffee
L - Chocolate RTD, lettuce, 1/2c jicama, 1/2c red peppers, mushrooms, 3 sprays evoo, salt/pepper
D - 8oz Flo's Filet, 1c broccoli, 'free' salad (croutons and cheese removed) - salt / pepper
S - Proti-Diet peach-mango concentrate (mmmmm!)
macros = 20 carb / 28 fat / 52 protein
Closed Thread