Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default 2015 February Starters - Thawing out

We hit +500 posts! Figured I would start the new thread.

Happy Saturday / Derby Day!

Last edited by hysteria_625; 05-02-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/152/Healthy

Height: 5'2"

Yay! I have not been as good as I was the first 9 weeks. This week was a bite here a bite there. Scale still down but I know I need to stop, it can become a habit!

30 lbs down and still motivated!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt2298 View Post
Yay! I have not been as good as I was the first 9 weeks. This week was a bite here a bite there. Scale still down but I know I need to stop, it can become a habit!

30 lbs down and still motivated!
congrats on the -30! Glad you lost but yes, it's a slippery slope. You are so close - you got this!
Old 05-02-2015, 11:38 PM   #4  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Beth Thanks for opening new thread. This forum helps me so much.

Britt Congrats on your success, are you in maintenance yet? I feel like I am nibbling all day. Trying to eat every 2 or 3 hours, dividing my protein packs so I can spread them out, but I am hungry often these days. Coach said that when you are not in ketosis your hunger returns because you not getting the calories from the glycogen storage. Maybe I'm not in ketosis anymore.

Anyway, sometimes I just dwell on it all too much maybe...
Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

Destony- have you tried the peach mango drinks slushies? I find that those curb my fruit cravings.

My husband is trying to encourage me to have a cheat day today.Apparently the Four Seasons Brunch makes fresh donuts. This doesn't even sound good to me. I have completely lost my sugar cravings except Korean rice cakes. Damn those tasty rice cakes. They are not sweet like american cakes but savory and yummy. That's alright. I'm doing good and don't want to slow my losses since I'm so close to goal.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:22 AM   #6  
Started 2/12/2015

kdl That's hard when your hubby wants a donut pal, I understand it for sure. Maybe you can just tell him you don't feel Ike a donut but you'll go and find something else this time.

And loose size 6s! Wow, that's so great. We both hit 158 today but I'm in 10s and let me assure you my 10s aren't loose. You must be feeling very close to where you want to be. Also, family comments can be brutal. Both my sister and mother are much more overweight than I but they always seem especially interested in discussing why I had weight issues. Go figure. I would just say I guess it runs in the family, ha.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/152/Healthy

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bigdogs View Post
Beth Thanks for opening new thread. This forum helps me so much.

Britt Congrats on your success, are you in maintenance yet? I feel like I am nibbling all day. Trying to eat every 2 or 3 hours, dividing my protein packs so I can spread them out, but I am hungry often these days. Coach said that when you are not in ketosis your hunger returns because you not getting the calories from the glycogen storage. Maybe I'm not in ketosis anymore.

Anyway, sometimes I just dwell on it all too much maybe...
No maintenance yet, still would like to get another 10-15. I am not necessarily hungry, but on purpose space my food out as to not have big breaks where I am likely to splurge on a whole meal. Usually have breakfast at 7:15, a HB egg at 11, lunch at 1, afternoon IP snack at 3:30-4 and my 6 oz dinner at 6:30-7.

I am a teacher so I have to eat according to my schedule and this works best. I have not felt a need to add anything after dinner, which is nice! As long as you are losing, you are good!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

kd Congratulations!!! That's terrific!! 6 loosely, I wasn't born a 6! lol- I'll be happy in 12, but would love to be a 10-I have never been a 10. Good luck with your busy day!
Mary I have been starting to crave fruit lately. Last night after we got home from shopping I decided to have a couple of sunsweet yellow tomatoes (they're about the size of a cherry tomato) I had them as part of my veggie (only about 8) I haven't had any since I started, I know they're on the restricted veggie list-anywho- they were amazing!! It helped to qwell (?) my need for fruit. Hopefully I'm good for a while...
WI today-2.8 lbs! AS happy as I am about that, 2/10th from finally hitting 30 lbs. Nonetheless, still a good thing!!!
I did ask about the vitamins, with the upcoming biopsy and needing to be off them for 5 days-my coach said that it's not a problem, it's only 5 days. I asked if I should eat more of something, certain veggies, meats and she said no, just keep going like I am. I had called the clinic a couple of days ago after sending an email, just to make certain they received it, and the woman that I spoke with also said I would be fine. She commented that people run out of the supplements all the time and wait a week to refill. She also said maybe I should stop the diet for the few days, I laughed and told her NOTHING comes between me and this diet!! (I confirmed with the NP at the doctor's office that I could remain on the diet sans the vitamins)
I also started using MFP again. I was a little freaked out, I follow this plan to the nth degree, my net carbs were exceeding the 40. When I talked to my coach this morning, (and I told her how surprised I was at the amount of IP items were on there) she suggested that maybe some of the things that were restricted and now aren't like the oatmeal might be old totals. Quick look see, not a lot of investigating yet, the maple oatmeal I had clicked was the old kind. So, I will actually scan bar codes this week and see how it looks this upcoming week.
Britt 30lbs!! Congrats!! I let my dad know every week my progress, yesterday he texted me-I want you to carry around a concrete block for the day-they weigh slightly less than what you have lost so far!! Puts it in real perspective for me -keep up the great work!!
kdI have a box of Peach Mango that someone gave me. I didn't love them, BUT come warm weather I may like them better as a slushy. Holding out hope. ☺
Beth Thanks for starting the new thread. ☺
Hope that everyone has a great day!!!!

Last edited by Destony; 05-03-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 4'11"

Britt congrats on the loss, awesome!

kd that is actually one of my biggest pet peeves on the diet when others want to derail your plan. I don't think it's always on purpose, I think many times they feel bad that they are indulging and your on this restrictive diet. For me it always seems to be in social situations, "can't you just have one glass of wine?" "The chips & guac are delicious, a few won't kill you" etc. I just politely decline, tell them that I can't wait to join them but now is not the time. Stay strong!

Destony I'm using MFP too (add me as a friend!) My net carbs are between 30-38g, I've seen others that are way lower than that. I don't know if it is my food products as well.

Just curious, when does everyone eat their snack during the day or in the evening? I'm not sure if my coach told me when to eat it & I assumed it was at night (I know she said not to eat at least 2 hrs before bed).
Old 05-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #10  

Britt- Congratulations on 30 lbs down!!

Beth- good ideal starting new thread. 195!! Good job.

3BD- My husband has been trying to sabotage me heavily just recently. Bless him. He's such a good guy. Never complained or said anything when I was heavy. We like to eat. He misses our time eating. I get that. Also my friend I had a full tummy tuck in 2013 hence my tiny waist. Pre-surgery I would have worn a size 10 at 158. So don't be too impressed I paid a fortune for it!!

Destony- 2.8 lbs!! Rockstar!!

Gem- I agree. I think most feel sorry for me and think I'm starving myself or denying myself.

Last edited by kdramalover; 05-03-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #11  
Started 2/12/2015

Gem I eat my snack usually all day but if not, I have it mid afternoon. Wish I could wait until after dinner but can't seem to make it until then.

kdl However you got that size 6 I say it was money well spent! I'm still impressed.

Linda 30 lbs is so amazing.

My husband and son are skinny minnies so I have been my own eating buddy. It definitely makes it easier for me to stay on protocol since I don't need to have any temptations around. They wouldn't care if there was a candy store attached to the house, they just never want it. Who are these aliens???

My hubby was the one who ran into an acquaintance who had lost a bunch of weight on IP. Told me about it although he has never really said anything about my weight. Good guy. I wish I had started when he first told me but IP seemed like Medifast or something. Didn't think I would be able to do it. I'm curious how you all heard about IP.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #12  

Mary my doctor recommended IP to me - I don’t know anyone else in my social or business circles here yet that has done it.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-03-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #13  

Destony - so you've got the green light to continue IP through your procedure? That's great news! Congrats on a great loss this week too!
The peach-mango slushie sounds like a fantastic summer treat I can't wait to try it

Quote:
I'm curious how you all heard about IP.
Lol - my DH wouldn't do that...I'm too sensitive I ran into a very gregarious co-worker I hadn't seen in about 6 months and my jaw hit the floor. She was wearing a dress and it was obvious she had lost a great deal of weight. I gushed over her loss and she told me about "Virginia Heart" and the clinic she went through to do IP. She also told me to google it and how she had been able to transition to doing it on her own.
Btw - regarding the hunger...I will say it does sound 'normal' as one gets closer to goal, but if it's that overwhelming, would you be willing to share your normal menu? I've also read others talking about sensitivities that may not have been there at the start of IP, developing over time...? Using MFP, I've been able to deduce that I really have to be extra careful with the Quest Bars as they seem to trigger cravings.

kdl - thanks Last time I got down around 150 10's fit and had started to loosen up - can't wait!

Took the girls to Arlington National Cemetery on this beautiful day - my mom / dad (their mamaw / pop pop) are buried there and they recently got the new headstone up. Walked 4.75 miles and 11,000 steps today

Also and surprisingly, got my blood tests results back today. Almost everything looks good, including Vitamin D - except iron was high and my thyroid / TSH was high. I began taking an additional iron supplement as I had run anemic just 10 / 15 years ago so I believe removing that from my regiment and going to the Red Cross for a blood draw should take care of the excess iron (PCP noted it is not at a dangerous level)

The thyroid has me a little more confused (but not worried). Usually I go hyperthyroid when low carb...*sigh*, the joys of aging I had halved my dosage going low carb but I guess its back to taking my regular amount.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 05-03-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #14  
Started 2/12/2015

Beth Typical day:
Breakfast: 2 egg whites scrambled
10:00: IP orange drink or the blueberry cranata drink
lunch: always a big salad w cup of spinach, rest of veggies w cukes, celery, onions w oil & vinegar and seasonings. Also have IP chocolate coconut bar or a quest bar after lunch or at least 1/2 of one.
Mid day: IP bbq crisps spread out until dinner or another IP drink.
Dinner: green beans, asparagus or broccoli with chicken or fish and salad with Walden Farms. Usually use my olive oil tsp in preparing those.
If I have 1/2 of bar left I have that.

Mfp usually shows 750 to 800 cal/day although I've gotten up to 925 a couple of times
Old 05-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #15  

Girls I almost caved. After being bombarded with stress from work on my day off...I almost baked chocolate chip cookies. I even got into my car with Dh to get Korean rice cakes and instead turned around and came back home. It was touch and go for a while. It was so terrible I took something and took a long nap instead. A small victory for me. I almost cheated big time today!!
Closed Thread