Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #16  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Laurie (JLUS)~ I need to look up the ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal...it sounds fantastic!

Kissi~ Today is the day!! Yay!! Can't wait to hear how your first day is coming along! Glad you are here

Neat (Butterfly2005) Good morning to you my sweets! I see you are using those fabulous Icons! Yay! Aren't they a great way to make posting FUN? Love it! Oh and I can tell a HUGE difference in the pictures you posted! You are Shrinking for sho gf!!

GraceRev~ I LOVE your new weight loss ticker! It's simply GAWGEOUS!

Dawnicle~ and you are doing great! Keep it up! Looking forward to squashing these darn fat cells right along with ya!

Shelleyo~ For starting Phase 2!! Whoop whoop!!

Anniepoo~ Wow! You are doing awesome with your weight loss!!

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-12-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Laurie (JLUS)~ I need to look up the ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal...it sounds fantastic!
I have it for bfast a lot though I make it a little differently than the package says. I mix in cold water (more than suggested) and microwave it in 30 sec intervals stirring in between. The extra water and microwaving makes it creamy and not pasty as just mixing with hot water.

Use it also as a cake-like topping for stewed rhubarb. Put the cooked and sweetened rhubarb in the bottom of a baking dish. Mid the oatmeal with 1 egg white 1/2 tsp baking powder and water to make a thicker cake-lie batter. Put it on the rhubarb and bake at 350 about 15-20 mins.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #18  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Anniepoo~ Wow! You are doing awesome with your weight loss!!
Thanks, Linda! You are such a fantastic cheerleader! And your numbers are looking fab too!

I'm feeling pretty incredible. Nearly 23 lbs in 6 weeks. This diet works. Even on days when I'm feeling discouraged and the scale stalls and it seems like it can't possibly be working, then suddenly it all clicks and I've lost a few more pounds. I'm delighted. And people are just starting to notice. Just imagine us all in 6 more weeks! People won't even recognize me! They'll wonder who that woman is that my husband is always flirting with.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #19  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I have it for bfast a lot though I make it a little differently than the package says. I mix in cold water (more than suggested) and microwave it in 30 sec intervals stirring in between. The extra water and microwaving makes it creamy and not pasty as just mixing with hot water.

Use it also as a cake-like topping for stewed rhubarb. Put the cooked and sweetened rhubarb in the bottom of a baking dish. Mid the oatmeal with 1 egg white 1/2 tsp baking powder and water to make a thicker cake-lie batter. Put it on the rhubarb and bake at 350 about 15-20 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Thanks, Linda! You are such a fantastic cheerleader! And your numbers are looking fab too!

I'm feeling pretty incredible. Nearly 23 lbs in 6 weeks. This diet works. Even on days when I'm feeling discouraged and the scale stalls and it seems like it can't possibly be working, then suddenly it all clicks and I've lost a few more pounds. I'm delighted. And people are just starting to notice. Just imagine us all in 6 more weeks! People won't even recognize me! They'll wonder who that woman is that my husband is always flirting with.
Laurie~ OMGosh that just sounds so yummy! I LOVE Rhubarb! When I lived in Michigan, we used to grow a lot of it. I used to love eating it raw sprinkled with salt. Mmm! I will have to pick some up at the grocers my next visit.

Annie~ Thank you! I also get discouraged when the scale doesn't move, even if only a wee bit, but I try not to. Then I'll step on it and BAM another loss! Love it! Yes, I can't wait to see us all in another 6 weeks

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-13-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 AM   #20  
Started 5/21/2014

I'm super Nervous guys!

Tomorrow I am leaving for a week vacation. Have to be honest here, when I started this program, I knew that smack dab in the middle of my 4th week, I would be going on vacation and I had every intention to just put a hold on the program, go off, and then get right back on plan the day I got back home. Well my feelings have changed drastically on this. I just don't want to stop! I feel so amazing and am dong so well that I don't want to take even one step backwards! We will be flying to our destination and will be dividing our stay between 2 of our grown Daughter's and their families, so I will have access to stores and food markets and to our Daughter's kitchens. I have no excuse really why I can't do this. We will also be staying a few days with my dh's Mother who loves to make my dh's favorite desserts and spoil him when we visit..that has me a bit worried being around that. But I really think I can do this...I hope I can do this!

I found this handy litttle pdf on traveling while on the Ideal Protein program that gave me some awesome ideas ----> http://www.idealnorthwest.com/index_...%20Protein.pdf
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #21  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Linda - You can keep up the program while on vacation. Plan, plan, plan...which is something I know you do so well.

When I first started the program I had to go on a business trip for three days and at the time didn't know if I would have a fridge at the hotel. Got lucky and did so I didn't have to keep filling the cooler with ice. I managed those days without a glitch (even had to pick around seminar provided foods).

I also had two family emergencies that took me away from home. Had to leave within minutes of getting the call and was away for a few days each time. I just grabbed packets and went. Bought veggies on the way.

Never missed a beat in these situations. What an accomplishment that was. When I made it through that I knew I could make it to goal weight!!!

You go girl and plan. You can do it!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:54 AM   #22  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Isn't it great to see your mindset changing Linda? There will always be some excuse to go off plan "just this once"... or "just for a week" but that's when the slope becomes dangerous. The good news is this is your family so you will feel comfortable using their kitchens etc. I also would be honest with them and tell them you've just started a program to help with your weight loss and you are really watching your carbs and sugar intake so not to be offended if you don't eat something. I'm sure you'll be able to do this and will feel very proud of yourself. As we keep saying, this is a lifestyle change, so you may as well give it a try to do the best you can and see how it goes.

You've already won one battle by changing your mindset to a 'success' one.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! Love this thread! such timely info - we are leaving in 1 week for a cruise and I am planning on staying OP and just posted on the daily thread asking for tips while traveling and boom here they are!!! Love it! Good luck Linda with staying OP on trip. We can do this!

JLUS - would you please tell me how you cooked and sweetened your rhubarb? I just received some in my CSA box and am used to adding sugar to sweeten it. I was going to give it away but I would love to try your recipe, just don't know how to cook and sweeten so i stay OP...
Old 06-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #24  

Susieq
I know Jlus makes her like a crumble
I make mine like a custard because I can't have the soy in the oatmeal

Anyway, I premeasure the raw rhubarb so I know how many veggie servings I'm working with

I use my big pampered chef mixing/measuring bowl
Add about a cup of water & nuke til mushy

I add about a Tbsp plain gelatin (I use Great Lakes brand because it comes in bulk)
Then I squirt in the cranberry Mio, to taste & blend with my stick blender.

I portion it into serving cups, based on how many servings I started with and refrigerate

It makes a nice "treat" if i need to add a veggie to get my 4 cups , especially if I've already had all my packets for the day.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

I haven't found rhubarb or jicama yet but I'll keep looking because those all sound great.
Like you Linda, I have vacation next week and originally thought I would go off slightly for it. BUT, I feel so good and am so excited about my weight loss that I'm now planning on how I can stay OP! Yay!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #26  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Thank you Linda for being so upbeat. I love you attitude and cute smilies. Vacation was hard for me as I was on a cruise and there was just to many temptations. They did have a great salad bar but, many temptations there too. I know you can do it since you will have access to your families kitchens.

I haven't had Rhubarb since I was a kid. Think I will get pick some up and try it. It sounds like a delicious sweet treat. Thanks for the recipe Lisa.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #27  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

The weekend is here and that is my biggest challenge. My BF comes and stays for the weekend and he has no clue how to support me in this adventure. I told him that going out is out for a while just to much temptation for me right now. It's super hard for me to skip having some drinks while he is around too. I've got to tackle the weekends to be successful. I'm fine and 100% during the week. If I could just be alone and not go out for 4 or 5 months this would be a pie of cake.I learned a hard lesson last weekend from cheating. I hope I have the strength to do this this weekend.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #28  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Hey Ladies...I have officially lost 25 lbs in 2 months, had a 3 lb loss this week. I feel like I have a new lease on life!! I can't keep the smile off my face either AZLinda. The best part is that is has been so easy for me. I simply follow the plan & only weigh myself once a week, at my clinic (to keep me from obsessing over the day to day weight fluctuations). All of you keep me motivated and on track, so for that I say thank you for sharing this journey with me. We are doing it!!
NaeNae!! OMGosh...I don't know how I missed this post! Holy cow that is so amazing!! 25 lbs in 2 months? Can you say on FIYA??? Girl you are my inspiration! What motivation! Yes we are doing it!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I'm super Nervous guys!

Tomorrow I am leaving for a week vacation. Have to be honest here, when I started this program, I knew that smack dab in the middle of my 4th week, I would be going on vacation and I had every intention to just put a hold on the program, go off, and then get right back on plan the day I got back home. Well my feelings have changed drastically on this. I just don't want to stop! I feel so amazing and am dong so well that I don't want to take even one step backwards! We will be flying to our destination and will be dividing our stay between 2 of our grown Daughter's and their families, so I will have access to stores and food markets and to our Daughter's kitchens. I have no excuse really why I can't do this. We will also be staying a few days with my dh's Mother who loves to make my dh's favorite desserts and spoil him when we visit..that has me a bit worried being around that. But I really think I can do this...I hope I can do this!

I found this handy litttle pdf on traveling while on the Ideal Protein program that gave me some awesome ideas ----> http://www.idealnorthwest.com/index_...%20Protein.pdf

Linda you got this!! If you are able to, Log in everyday to get some inspiration from the girls!! You do not want to undo all of the hard work you have done!!! You worked your butt of, not to mention the money you spent, to get where you are, you do NOT want to start all over!!

YOU GOT THIS!!! I Believe in you!! No dessert tastes as good and skinny feels!!!!! We will be here for you!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #30  
Started 5/21/2014

My Lovelies! Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement, I appreciate it so much.

I was Up bright and early to get planning and packing! I have the CAN DO attitude this morning and there aint nothing getting in my way!

I will have my lunch here at home right before we leave. I will buy a cpl bottles of water once we get passed the gates and before boarding the plane that will get me through the 4 hour flight... so no soda or alcohol for me! I'll make a stop by my health food store to pick up some bars on our way to the airport. Now, I haven't eaten any bars yet since starting. Which do you guys recommend is the best for me to get? I will have my bar when they are passing out all the peanuts and pretzels and cookies on the flight. Then as soon as my Daughter picks us up from the airport, I will have her make a stop at the 24 hour grocery store so I can buy the food I will need...Oh and bottled water. I will need 42 twenty oz bottles to get me through till we Leave for home the following Saturday. Haha, I had to laugh when I figured that one out...lol

When we go out to our family's favorite restaurants that we traditionally go to whenever we go back for a visit, that is when I will be challenged. That and when we stay at MIL's house...which above all else, will truely be my greatest temptation to overcome. She is a fantastic cook and loves to spoil us with our favorite desserts and dishes when we visit. I will tell her that my Doctor has me on a strict strict diet because of me being pre diabetic. And that will not be lying. That way, I won't get the "oh it wont hurt to have just a little" spiel...lol

Praying for strength!
Closed Thread