Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #346  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
Thank you for the encouragement Laurie. I am not going to change a thing. I haven't felt this good in ages. I still feel like it is cheating to eat the restrictive once a day hahaha :0) greatest diet plan ever. Food is not on my mind 24/7 any longer. I AM FULL! Amazing!
I would say that is your biggest signal. I did not have a single sign other than I stopped being hungry. If you are losing weight, you are good.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone

just checking in to say hello - still 100% and feeling great - I can see goal not too far away - I'll be moving into my condo on the 17 and I'm already planning what to do about food for the day - will pack as if I'm going to work so I'll have my shake; salad etc that way there'll be no excuse for going off program. I got the keys to the condo and will be slowly moving what I can in my car after work until the move date.

well let's all have a great day we're worth it

Last edited by maureen kempster; 05-06-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #348  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
NSV: It's a whole lot easier to do "La Raspa" without the extra 50lbs.

NSV2: I fit inside a standard restroom stall without almost having to sit on the toilet to close the door!

NSV3: I started kosho ryu kempo tonight. Fun!
What great NSVs! I love them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good morning everyone

just checking in to say hello - still 100% and feeling great - I can see goal not too far away - I'll be moving into my condo on the 17 and I'm already planning what to do about food for the day - will pack as if I'm going to work so I'll have my shake; salad etc that way there'll be no excuse for going off program. I got the keys to the condo and will be slowly moving what I can in my car after work until the move date.

well let's all have a great day we're worth it
Hooray for new home and planning ahead!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #349  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Ruth Ann -- I was sorry to see on another thread that you're not feeling great on maintenance (yet). Hoping things are feeling better today. You know you will settle in soon, hang in there! I know you will.

I am up the proverbial pound this week. I have certainly learned to roll with these little surprises, but now that I am so close to goal, it feels like an even larger set back than it really is. I have been running this little dialog in my head about when to call it good and start phasing off. I know I have discussed this before on this thread, so I won't go over it all again. I mean, I can't say I am unhappy with my weight at this point, so the goal of 120 seems a bit random now. (I've always been a sucker for an even number.) That said, after losing this much weight, I hate to "just call it good" and feel like I am ending on a compromise rather than feeling like I got to where I was going, all the way, exactly. kwim? Anyway, that's where I am today . . .

The grocery store got a new shipment of jicama yesterday, and I was all over that. Just polished off 2c of it with lemon juice, lemon zest, and splenda for lunch. y-u-m. I will eat that stuff for the rest of my life. It's so good for you and tastes like candy to me.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #350  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks SylviesGirl! I am doing much better today - I think I just needed to adjust. After a year of P1 & P2 it's not surprising that my body needed some adjustment time!

You know, I think you will know when you are done. I had set my goal at 150 but when I got there I knew I wanted to go down a little more and, like you, I kind of randomly set my goal.

And look at you! .5 pounds away! How awesome is that?? (Of course, I like to round so would have called it goal when the first 3 numbers came up right!)
Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #351  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks SylviesGirl! I am doing much better today - I think I just needed to adjust. After a year of P1 & P2 it's not surprising that my body needed some adjustment time!

You know, I think you will know when you are done. I had set my goal at 150 but when I got there I knew I wanted to go down a little more and, like you, I kind of randomly set my goal.

And look at you! .5 pounds away! How awesome is that?? (Of course, I like to round so would have called it goal when the first 3 numbers came up right!)
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better, Ruth Ann. We have been on IP for almost the same amount of time, so I consider you my own little canary in the coalmine. You don't mind, do you? After eating so simply for so long, I am a bit nervous about how my body will take to digestive challenges at first. Keep on, keeping on, Ruth Ann. I am watching and learning.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

NSV: My concert black fits fully and completely, even the vest, which not only buttons but can actually be worn buttoned ... with room to spare.

Also and too, NSV: District admin, the front office staff, and the teachers' association ALL brought treats TODAY for Teacher Appreciation Day. The office folks brought breakfast burritos from [Local Restaurant], Admin provided donuts, and the Association gave us a GIANT SHEET CAKE. I had a moment of, "I wish I could have that" and then realized that I genuinely didn't want the donuts or the cake! For me, that's a major change! (I was still ever-so-slightly disappointed that I couldn't have a burrito, but I'll be able to have one next year.)

Last edited by Fearciuil; 05-07-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #353  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better, Ruth Ann. We have been on IP for almost the same amount of time, so I consider you my own little canary in the coalmine. You don't mind, do you? After eating so simply for so long, I am a bit nervous about how my body will take to digestive challenges at first. Keep on, keeping on, Ruth Ann. I am watching and learning.
I just noticed that not only have we been on about the same amount of time, we've lost the same amount of weight! i am happy to be your canary - if I couldn't have followed all the great people who did this before me, I would have been totally lost.

And I suppose it makes sense - my body had to adapt to getting on IP so it takes some time to adapt to adding things back in.

Quote:
NSV: My concert black fits fully and completely, even the vest, which not only buttons but can actually be worn buttoned ... with room to spare.

Also and too, NSV: District admin, the front office staff, and the teachers' association ALL brought treats TODAY for Teacher Appreciation Day. The office folks brought breakfast burritos from [Local Restaurant], Admin provided donuts, and the Association gave us a GIANT SHEET CAKE. I had a moment of, "I wish I could have that" and then realized that I genuinely didn't want the donuts or the cake! For me, that's a major change! (I was still ever-so-slightly disappointed that I couldn't have a burrito, but I'll be able to have one next year.)
Yeah you! it's funny how our tastes change. I don't even want most of the stuff I missed in the beginning. I'm pleased that the change has happened!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #354  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:

Well done! I think it is very smart how you keep careful, mindful track of your NSVs. At the end of the day, those are what we are all really doing this for. Hip-hip-hooray for buttoned-up, yet roomy things! And, as for the breakfast treats, obstacles, just obstacles -- way to stay on track!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #355  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
I just noticed that not only have we been on about the same amount of time, we've lost the same amount of weight! i am happy to be your canary - if I couldn't have followed all the great people who did this before me, I would have been totally lost.

And I suppose it makes sense - my body had to adapt to getting on IP so it takes some time to adapt to adding things back in.
Yes, Ruth Ann -- We have a lot in common, including, even our height. I was trying to get down to 120 with my long-term goal being 125ish (allowing for the maintenance bounce). But I dunno if I'm going to stick to that. I'll give it a couple more weeks and then re-look at it.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #356  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment - my scale shows the 3 up pounds are gone. I know the standard BMI charts say I am still slightly overweight but my doctor said to ignore that number as long as I'm feeling comfortable. My plan is to maintain this weight for awhile and then see if I want to lose more.

I'm getting the hang of maintenance - haven't done a ton of variety yet, still playing with numbers, etc. but I've been testing myself on serving sizes and boy do I come close when I eyeball things (practice, practice, practice!).
Old 05-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

down 1.4 lbs this week less than 5 to my goal!!!
my current weight won't change on my signature!!

Last edited by maureen kempster; 05-09-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #358  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Yeah Maureen - you've done so great!

I love the new pic.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #359  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Wink Wtg Maureen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
down 1.4 lbs this week less than 5 to my goal!!!
my current weight won't change on my signature!!
You look terrific Maureen. Congratulations! Love the new photo.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #360  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Thumbs up NICE job Ruth Ann

Quote:
I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment - my scale shows the 3 up pounds are gone. I know the standard BMI charts say I am still slightly overweight but my doctor said to ignore that number as long as I'm feeling comfortable. My plan is to maintain this weight for awhile and then see if I want to lose more.

I'm getting the hang of maintenance - haven't done a ton of variety yet, still playing with numbers, etc. but I've been testing myself on serving sizes and boy do I come close when I eyeball things (practice, practice, practice!).
Great job Ruth Ann so glad you are feeling comfortable on your new maintenance protocol. WTG on getting the serving sizes correct! We really appreciate your sharing your success—very helpful to us newbies.
Closed Thread